Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Paper 2

Options
  • 15-06-2005 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

What'd ye all think? I thought it was fairly easy, and the Ledger Q1 was grand.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

it had an error on the borrowing Q :p
    i reported it to the supervisor :D
    it had 2,000,0000 for the amount of the quarries lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Pascal Du Carte

Paper 2 was pure hard 1 was a walk in the park but 2 was a pure female dog. the accounts sucked the ledger was confusing cause of that doyle coyle thing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

No, it said 'quarries worth €2,000,000'...

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Alqua

Ugh, paper 2. Bye bye A anyway! I got completely mixed up as to what sides to put everything on in the ledgers, then I got really worried because I thought I'd run out of time and the other account question went fairly awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,667 ✭✭✭elefant

Paper 2 was pure hard 1 was a walk in the park but 2 was a pure female dog. the accounts sucked the ledger was confusing cause of that doyle coyle thing

pascal, you have the brains of a biscuit...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Paper 2 was a welcome delight from paper 1. I did question 1 in about 35 minutes which was longer than I had planned but it was okay. I definately got full marks on it though cos' I had everything: folios, nice presentation and it balanced on my first try. Pure. Skill.

I didn't quite get to finish my fourth question which was annoying but it's alright cos' I didn't lose many/any marks elsewhere in the paper. Really looking forward to a Business A in September.

Roll on science.

Oh and the Doyle-Coyle thing? They're names not freakin' rubix cubes. Lol.:)

It did say, "2,000,000" not "2,000,0000". Maybe it was just your exam papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

It had an extra 0 in it, ie 20 million rather than 2 million. It was fairly obvious that it meant 2 million by the positioning of the commas, though, so I had already finished the question using the 6 0's when the superintendant told us...

Fobia wrote:
    It had an extra 0 in it, ie 20 million rather than 2 million. It was fairly obvious that it meant 2 million by the positioning of the commas, though, so I had already finished the question using the 6 0's when the superintendant told us...
    Ohh, I didn't even notice, tbh. You only use that figure like... for a tiny little one box-to-be-filled-in part of the question, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

Wasnt it only used for filling in that loan application?Or did i miss something???

Eh, okay, now looking at my exam paper and there is in fact an extra zero. Nevermind my ramblings.:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 X-Man

Happy enuf.... i messed up on the ledger but made up for it by doin 4 udr gud questions...... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

It did say, "2,000,000" not "2,000,0000". Maybe it was just your exam papers.

Lol, its not like everyone in the country gets the same paper or anything, oh no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

lol it had 7 0's then she told us to cross one out

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

What was the figure of the ammount of the loan.
    And how do you work out the yearly income??

I got €305,000 for my loan, or thereabouts.

And well, if they make €60,000 a month, and there are 12 months in a year, you multiply 60,000 by 12, and there is your figure for yearly income.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

I f'ed up the final a/cs. My revenue reserves was 4000 short apparently but I couldnt find how and I messed up my page a bit trying to

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

I totally loved paper 2, because I didn't really like paper 1. I almost clapped when my balance sheet balanced XD I did the two long accounts, the documents question & the last forms of business/analysis question. I think I did pretty well. Anyone know if there's a site that'll publish solutions like the one with the maths solutions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 X-Man

I found both papers ok.......hopn 4 a B or maybe evn an A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Strokesa wrote:
    Lol, its not like everyone in the country gets the same paper or anything, oh no.
    Yeah I know but like, maybe they were printing them, saw the fault and printed the rest correctly (and then forgot to tell anyone about the fault). It could happen.:o

Advertisement