Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mic not working since BF2 demo instalation.

Options
  • 15-06-2005 6:20pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok i have such a weird problem with my mic on my headset since BF2 installation.
    Audio 90 plantronics headset.
    When i do the mic test in BF2 demo i get sound back from mic no problem.
    The problem is i no longer have sound in teamspeak or in HL mods like day of defeat.
    The keys are binded as always and everything setup as normal,ive using teamspeak etc for years now and have checked and double checked everything but no joy.
    When i go to control panel sound settings,voice and do the hardware wizard where you read back a paragraph i get no sound through mic whatsoever but when i go back into BF2 and do sound test i get sound from mic therefore the mic aint broke.
    A bloody strange one and definitely BF2 demo related as before i installed the demo all was fine.
    NOTE: i use my mic extensively,it was working while i downloaded the demo as i was talking to my mates in TS playing WOW.
    Any ideas guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

ok open volume properties then > Options > Recording > Ok

then put the volume up!

this might solve the problem this happens sometimes for weird reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

I had same problem.
    I uninstalled then installed the audio driver.

Fixed it for me anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cheers m8 that done the trick.
    Damn weird one tbh,never happened me before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Messed mic up for me too. Fixed it by twisting all the knobs... I think.

Advertisement