Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA confirm delisting modded servers

Options
  • 15-06-2005 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

EA and DICE both fully support server-side modding in the sense that we have intentionally exposed a good deal of Python functionality to the end-user, primarily to encourage modders to tweak game types and scoring (on UNRANKED servers) once the full game is available. That said, we have come to discover that two items that were not a part of the demo feature-set were hacked in the Battlefield 2 demo. We consider both of these changes in violation of the Tools EULA that each server operator accepted in installing the server software.

The demo's feature set included a 12-minute time limit on rounds and excluded access to the weapon unlocks. Because some server operators have hacked the time limit out of their servers or hacked access to the unlocks, we have been forced to reinforce our intended feature set by delisting the offending servers. All violations of the EULA as described above will result in a 1-week ban/delisting.

How nice, so again people................

82.195.149.49 TIG server
    games4.iol.ie IOL server

In case you forget the Ips.

Case of play our way or dont play at all? Im taking my ball home :(

Kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

So eh, this is basically a case of "if you remove our limited functionality we'll ban you entirely."

Really great sense of fair play on their part.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Has the TIG server unlocked the extra weapons, I dont get access to em when im playing. Iv unlocked em in single player already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

they only ban you for a week ? kind of pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭Serbian

bizmark wrote:
    they only ban you for a week ? kind of pointless

Presumably, if you keep on offending you will be banned for longer periods of time or, ultimately, permanently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Serbian wrote:
    Presumably, if you keep on offending you will be banned for longer periods of time or, ultimately, permanently.

game be out by then so it is pointless.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Can someone fill me in here? i dont get how this works, i.e EA banning the server. What do they do, go round to where the server is and unplug it??
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

They remove it from the server browser so the only way to connect to then is to use their IP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

ah, thanks for clearing that up for me

Advertisement