Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭NovaGSi

Ah come now mick lets try & retain a little bit of decorum here:D;)......i still drink flagons regularly & even back in the day it was Linden Village over the cheapest going (thats not to say the bottom of the barrel wasnt scraped a few times) have to say i will stick with the linden or strongbow for the moment.....:p:p:p

I loved Scrumpy Jack - yum, a flagon in hand, two cans in the pockets of the black leather jacket and a 10spot was always a good night out and about:D

Will Bulmers bring back the flagon to try and increase/improve their bad sales?

As for the bottom of the barrell....we used to go camping to Enniskerry every year and would have petrol for lighting the fire...after about 48hrs in the forest and all the d+d were gone, we would have been known to resort to the flagon of petrol and so the "Petrol Possie" was born - some head buzz:p

Cheers,
    Mick

PS.
    Decorum...things can only improve now;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

NovaGSi wrote: »

Would never touch them years ago cause they were only 4.5%.......Bulmers actually make Linden so thats good enough for me:D
    As for the bottom of the barrell....we used to go camping to Enniskerry every year and would have petrol for lighting the fire...after about 48hrs in the forest and all the d+d were gone, we would have been known to resort to the flagon of petrol and so the "Petrol Possie" was born - some head buzz:p

Cheers,
    Mick

PS.

I wont even go down that road.....all went bad in the end for some of my mates R.I.P. but i know the score;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭NovaGSi

I wont even go down that road.....all went bad in the end for some of my mates R.I.P. but i know the score;)

Yeah, at 16yrs old you didn't really think of the risks, it was all about the buzz but those acts of stupidity were not a regular occurrence, just isolated events - it never became the norm - but I did know of people in school that were addicted to tipex thinners, glue and aerosols, they were fcuked up people, god knows were they are now:(

Cheers,
    Mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

Ah the hard auld times when kids were addicted to cheapy auld tippex,bags of glue and aerosols,now the spoiled little b*stards are hooked on cocaine and ketamine.lol

Looking for tune if anyone has it,Slam-rymthic state,cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I loved Scrumpy Jack - yum, a flagon in hand, two cans in the pockets of the black leather jacket and a 10spot was always a good night out and about:D

Cheers,
    Mick

PS.

hahaha flagons of cider,olde English was me favourite,drank them for years when i was a kid up the railer/hockyer in Cabra/Phibsboro, even in the early 90's when we couldn't afford yokes (20 pounds then)we'd get a few fllagons and sit on the canal beside the joy with my Panasonic ghetto blaster blasting out the Rave shouting into the prisoners:o:D

lads check out this absolutely killer tune,years ahead of it's time from 1990 superb.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=seG19h7CvTo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭gwood1234

jonny68 wrote: »
    lads check out this absolutely killer tune,years ahead of it's time from 1990 superb.

Love that 'ohyeaaaahhh' vocal sample... It was used on the old Amiga demo 'Satan On Speed'...

Heres that track in an old skool mix for ya jonny......

:)http://www.808state.com/sounds/808djs/808state_radioshow23apr91.mp3:)

1. Before Moses - Dreams Can Come True
    2. Reese - Bassline (Network)
    3. ??? scat
    4. K Klass - Rhythm Is A Mystery (Remix)
    5. Panic - Dungeon Groove (Ozone)
    6. XOR - Ego Sum Abbas
    7. Voodoo Child - Voodoo Child (Moby alias)
    8. The R - Lets Get Going (ESP)
    9. MC Kinky - Get Over It (remix)
    10. Phantasia - Inner Light
    11. Cubic 22 - Night In Motion (XL)
    12. Second Phase - Mentasm
    13. T99 - Anastacia
    14. Shades of Rhythm - Exorcist
    15. ???
    16. Shamen - Progen (Move Any Mountain) Frankie Bones Remix
    17. The Scientist - Spiral Symphony (Kickin)
    18. ??? "how you feeling, are you ready" male
    19. Friends Of Matthew - Out There
    20. ???
    21. ???
    22. The Mackenzie - Party People
    23. John & Julie - Circles (Round & Round) (XL)
    24. Nu Tekk - Happiness (O-Zone)
    25. Secret Desire - White Light
    26. Industrial - Severe Trauma
    27. 4 For Money - Its A Moment In Time (Rising High)
    28. Tricky Disco - House Fly (Warp)
    29. Essentials - Tonights The Night
    30. Liaisons D - Heartbeat
    31. ??? "touch me baby, ooh baby" female
    32. DJ H feat Stefy - Think About
    33. Mental Cube - Chile of The Bass Generation
    34. Antico - We Need Freedom
    35. The Sound Vandals - Feel It/Extasy
    36. How & Little - The Formula
    37. 808 State featuring Bjork: Ooops (Utsula Head remix)
    38. Autonation - New Generation House
    39. Project 86 - Industrial Bass
    40. Frequency - Wheres Your Evidence (Harder Mix)
    41. Synthesis - Hear This Side
    42. The Hypnotist - Rainbows In The Sky (Rising High)
    43. The Ya Ya's - Loove (Quadraphonia Mix)
    44. M.A.S.I. - apache

Just remembered i think you were lookin for this track a while back Caf:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭gwood1234

The Brain - I Will Find A Way (Jam El Mar Mix)

Has anyone got this? Been after it for years but to no avail. Any upload links appreciated!!!

Regards
    Gareth

Im sure you've all seen this,an ex-ultimate buzz member/dancer doing his thing in a yoda mask,class stuff,love all that oldskool dancing;)
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MSIIkMCKe7w

hahaha flagons of cider,olde English was me favourite,drank them for years when i was a kid up the railer/hockyer in Cabra/Phibsboro, even in the early 90's when we couldn't afford yokes (20 pounds then)we'd get a few fllagons and sit on the canal beside the joy with my Panasonic ghetto blaster blasting out the Rave shouting into the prisoners:o:D

Ah and every generation after ya,the auld railer/hockeyer and Bogeys is the place the kids go to do their yokes and drink the flagons listening to tunes,I did meself afew times;)

Cabra/Phibsboro/Stoneybatter and alot of Dublin 7 is a real oldskool area,most the heads in their early to late thirties were in sides,asylum,olympic and ormond and into their oldskool tunes,sure I remember a kiddie disco down Phibsboro scout Hall for 12 and 13 year olds blasting out Out to space and its a fine day be Opus 3:D

Think you can guess were my music preference comes from

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    Ah and every generation after ya,the auld railer/hockeyer and Bogeys is the place the kids go to do their yokes and drink the flagons listening to tunes,I did meself afew times;)

Cabra/Phibsboro/Stoneybatter and alot of Dublin 7 is a real oldskool area,most the heads in their early to late thirties were in sides,asylum,olympic and ormond and into their oldskool tunes,sure I remember a kiddie disco down Phibsboro scout Hall for 12 and 13 year olds blasting out Out to space and its a fine day be Opus 3:D

Think you can guess were my music preference comes from

I used to "do a bit of business";) up the hockyer/shandon myself,do u remember that no name teenage disco in Cabra?I was a bit old to go but me mates younger brother said most of the crowd were mad out of it:D it took them a long time to cop on what was going on then they put a stop to it.:)

1. Before Moses - Dreams Can Come True
    2. Reese - Bassline (Network)
    3. ??? scat
    4. K Klass - Rhythm Is A Mystery (Remix)
    5. Panic - Dungeon Groove (Ozone)
    6. XOR - Ego Sum Abbas
    7. Voodoo Child - Voodoo Child (Moby alias)
    8. The R - Lets Get Going (ESP)
    9. MC Kinky - Get Over It (remix)
    10. Phantasia - Inner Light
    11. Cubic 22 - Night In Motion (XL)
    12. Second Phase - Mentasm
    13. T99 - Anastacia
    14. Shades of Rhythm - Exorcist
    15. ???
    16. Shamen - Progen (Move Any Mountain) Frankie Bones Remix
    17. The Scientist - Spiral Symphony (Kickin)
    18. ??? "how you feeling, are you ready" male
    19. Friends Of Matthew - Out There
    20. ???
    21. ???
    22. The Mackenzie - Party People
    24. Nu Tekk - Happiness (O-Zone)
    25. Secret Desire - White Light
    26. Industrial - Severe Trauma
    27. 4 For Money - Its A Moment In Time (Rising High)
    28. Tricky Disco - House Fly (Warp)
    29. Essentials - Tonights The Night
    30. Liaisons D - Heartbeat
    31. ??? "touch me baby, ooh baby" female
    32. DJ H feat Stefy - Think About
    33. Mental Cube - Chile of The Bass Generation
    34. Antico - We Need Freedom
    35. The Sound Vandals - Feel It/Extasy
    36. How & Little - The Formula
    37. 808 State featuring Bjork: Ooops (Utsula Head remix)
    38. Autonation - New Generation House
    39. Project 86 - Industrial Bass
    40. Frequency - Wheres Your Evidence (Harder Mix)
    41. Synthesis - Hear This Side
    42. The Hypnotist - Rainbows In The Sky (Rising High)
    43. The Ya Ya's - Loove (Quadraphonia Mix)
    44. M.A.S.I. - apache

wow what a tracklisting here ill check this out.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭purple_hatstand

All i can offer ya is this Torrent of a compilation CD with that tune as track 7 on disc two with decent bit rate of 192kbps.......
    http://rarbg.com/torrents/filmi/download/4e5fd8e2ab0d685c88bdf88870f1d49e8147b5d4/torrent.html

legend:Dthanksamillionmademyday:D

if someone tells me how to quote properly, i'll thank them and it won't look rubbish like my post above......

if someone tells me how to quote properly, i'll thank them and it won't look rubbish like my post above......

Once you hit quote you dont have to alter the text that appears automatically just hit the return key to go to a new line & It should look like this at the start & end above where you are writing......
    if someone tells me how to quote properly, i'll thank them and it won't look rubbish like my post above.....[ /quote]

Once you hit quote you dont have to alter the text that appears automatically just hit the return key to go to a new line & It should look like this at the start & end above where you are writing......
    i think that's better - thanks

I used to "do a bit of business";) up the hockyer/shandon myself,do u remember that no name teenage disco in Cabra?I was a bit old to go but me mates younger brother said most of the crowd were mad out of it:D it took them a long time to cop on what was going on then they put a stop to it.:)

Em there were afew places thorugh the years were I remember mad **** going on and rave music,there was an abandoned warehouse/factory off Bannow Road(could be wrong,might have been Carnlough off the railway) were these raves were held and all the local kids use to go and were mad out of it on everything including gear,it was shut down(by force Im told),there was also Finbars GAA club before it was done up,played all cheesy rave stuff would being around 96/97,and do remember that club down on Parkgate street it was a mad kip,that used to play all oldskool classics and club anthems,was full biggest loada scum you could fill into a room?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

Em there were afew places thorugh the years were I remember mad **** going on and rave music,there was an abandoned warehouse/factory off Bannow Road(could be wrong,might have been Carnlough off the railway) were these raves were held and all the local kids use to go and were mad out of it on everything including gear,it was shut down(by force Im told),there was also Finbars GAA club before it was done up,played all cheesy rave stuff would being around 96/97,and do remember that club down on Parkgate street it was a mad kip,that used to play all oldskool classics and club anthems,was full biggest loada scum you could fill into a room?

An G1's in phibsboro up over the silver skate ice rink, does anyone know exactly how long that place lasted???

Don't think it was even a full year, could be wrong tho, bout a 10 minute walk from the bridewell if your quick, so i'd say that's why the place was raided constantly...

Luke G wrote: »
    An G1's in phibsboro up over the silver skate ice rink, does anyone know exactly how long that place lasted???

Don't think it was even a full year, could be wrong tho, bout a 10 minute walk from the bridewell if your quick, so i'd say that's why the place was raided constantly...

Think it was because Des Kelly owned that building and didnt like what was going on so was shut down,not sure though could be wrong

Think it was because Des Kelly owned that building and didnt like what was going on so was shut down,not sure though could be wrong

He didn't it was the state cinema then the ice rink in the late 80s, the club itself is a polski sklep now haha :D:D:D

G1 yeah i was there once but that truly was a mad place, even made the asylum look tame some right looking mad heads in there, had a good buzz though from what i can remember the cops were waiting outside searching people i managed to slip away unoticed;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Im sure you've all seen this,an ex-ultimate buzz member/dancer doing his thing in a yoda mask,class stuff,love all that oldskool dancing;)
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MSIIkMCKe7w

yeah seen that b4 man it's quality alright.used to love watching ppl who could dance like that in clubs.used to walk around the clubs i.e. asylum ormond pod etc looking out for good dancers.few lads around finglas who could move.paul farrell,john giles,darren giles to name but a few.:D:D

Lads i hear that legendary Rave organisation Helter Skelter may return for a one off Rave this year for the first time in a few years, not as big as Fantazia or the likes but they used to put on some amazing Raves in the old Sanctuary Warehouse in Milton Keynes in England, i was at one of them in the mid 1990's and it was brilliant.

YouTube Link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIACvPiRJ5Y

History of Helter Skelter
    http://www.fantazia.org.uk/Scene/orgs/helterskelter.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

yeah an invite would be cool man as im only allowed download 3 of those 4 links

e-mail is

jonny68@gmail.com

cheers man;)

Jonny68, let us know if it works..

Does anybody remember this classic from years ago,
    I remember it been played on Sunset or DLR years ago..

Looking for tune if anyone has it,Slam-rymthic state,cheers!

The Rhythmic State - Slam EP

Lame VBR vinyl rip

Label: Massive Respect Records
    Catalog#: MR 003
    Format: Vinyl, 12"
    Released:
    Genre: Electronic
    Style: Hardcore

Tracklisting:
    A1 Slam
    A2 The King
    B1 Power People II
    B2 Back Track Jack

http://www.mininova.org/tor/612903

What track is it, i might be able to D/L it for U.

This might be the track your after.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

If you go to

http://listentoyoutube.com/

It will convert it for ya straight away

Nice one Luke, was just looking back to see if anyone had that track and only saw your post now, cheers.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rhythm Ireland

craig_b wrote: »
    anyone got Mix Factory Take Me Away drum n bass mix for upload wud be much appreciated, fu.ckin quality tune..!!

Hey,

I've been eyeing up this thread for a while now and decided to post.:D
    I've seen this requested a few times, I think its:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ztantq
    Jimmy J & Cru-l-t Feat JDS - Take Me Away

Some nice classics already posted - Good work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

Hey,

is it the Mr Spring mix your looking for

Hey,

Generally im not into Happy Hardcore but 1994 Happy Hardcore is brilliant very uplifting, after that it went too cheesy and i couldn't stand it but this tune is amazing i have it here on MP3 if anyone wants it,on the classic Kniteforce label the Slipmatt Remix is the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4sGoeqM92k

http://www.discogs.com/release/1170026

On the remix records label is another classic, those Ravey stabs and piano breakdown are brilliant,i seen Jimmy J and Cru-L-T play a live PA at the Dielectric club in Leicester in 1995, what a nite that was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtWF6lm5030

http://www.discogs.com/Jimmy-J-Cru-L-T-Six-Days-Seventh-Day/release/28489

• Advertisement

Right lads im on a quiet one after the new year so staying in tonite with a few gargles, post up some tunes will yas:pac: here's one from me, classic Acid House,funky video as well.
    Steve Poindexter - Computer Madness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI8l6u_gAPg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Felixdhc wrote: »

man your a legend.been after an id on this track ''Influx - Braineater'' for years.another 1 marked off the list.super track.thks.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Johnnyd1977

Haven't been on here in a long while but have been following the board avidly. Thanks to everyone for the downloads - super stuff people:).
    And for the good news....
    The recession has been on the tips of everyone's lips, and a few pages back there was talk of the early 90's when we all had fcuk all money but mustered up the cash for a D&D and a night out raving!!!!
    Well folks i've just heard that K-Klass are playing the mansion house...yes the "Mansion House" on the 30th of jan, tickets 20 euro...
    Wonder if MB's and doves could make a once off guest appearance for the night????
    So who's up for a trip down memory lane for a night of nostagia in the mansion house:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Haven't been on here in a long while but have been following the board avidly. Thanks to everyone for the downloads - super stuff people:).
    The recession has been on the tips of everyone's lips, and a few pages back there was talk of the early 90's when we all had fcuk all money but mustered up the cash for a D&D and a night out raving!!!!
    Well folks i've just heard that K-Klass are playing the mansion house...yes the "Mansion House" on the 30th of jan, tickets 20 euro...
    Wonder if MB's and doves could make a once off guest appearance for the night????
    So who's up for a trip down memory lane for a night of nostagia in the mansion house:pac::pac::pac::pac:

You can get tickets on the Ticketmaster web page,

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004229AB031EA4?artistid=979302&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=201

It might be a good night , Even just to go and see the inside of the Mansion House once more again.

You can get tickets on the Ticketmaster web page,

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004229AB031EA4?artistid=979302&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=201

It might be a good night , Even just to go and see the inside of the Mansion House once more again.

I'm deffo goin, Guru Josh is playing on Valentines night aswel...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Johnnyd1977

I do quite a bit of corporate stuff in the mansion house, it's still pretty much the same bar a lick of paint and the l.e.d's working properly in the ceiling...but it's been a while since i've been in there under the influence:eek:

wow a gig in the the Mansion House, fcuk me it's been 18 years since ive been at a Rave there it certainly will be a trip down memory lane.:D

wow a gig in the the Mansion House, fcuk me it's been 18 years since ive been at a Rave there it certainly will be a trip down memory lane.:D

Ticketmaster have it listed as mansion house and mansion niteclub (spawell) so it doesnt look to be the mansion house:(:(:mad::mad::(:(:(:(

Ticketmaster have it listed as mansion house and mansion niteclub (spawell) so it doesnt look to be the mansion house:(:(:mad::mad::(:(:(:(

grrrr fcukers had me all excited there i was thinking it was too good to be true.:mad:

Dunno if anyone on here listens to online radio but if you do and are into Old Skool Hardcore this is a must listen to, the legendary sounds of Nebula 2:cool:
    Stress Factor http://www.stressfactor.co.uk is very proud to announce that we will have the legendary sounds of Reinforced & J4M recording artists... Nebula 2 http://www.discogs.com/artist/Nebula+II , http://www.nebula2.com , http://www.backtoyou.co.uk , http://www.myspace/nebula2 , http://www.myspace/joenebula doing a very special DJ set live on the station January 17th, 2009 from 8-10 GMT or 3-5 EST!! It will be an exclusive 2 hour DJ set featuring the original Nebula 2 line-up of Joe Nebula & DJ Coz and classic tunes from 1987-1992! So big up to Joe & Rich! This means so much to us!!

Joe & Rich have also agreed to do us an interview answering your questions! So please reply to this thread or the one in Stressfactor http://www.stressfactor.co.uk/forum/vie ... =9238#9238 to get your questions answered!!

There's a limited amount of listener slots so make sure you arrive early as to be able to tune in and get your place in the Stress Factor chatroom! Use the links below!

http://www.stresssfactor.co.uk
    http://sfstream.hostco.de:3020/listen.pls TUNE IN
    irc://irc.hostco.de/Stressfactor (IRC) Chatroom
    http://www.stressfactor.co.uk/new2007/chat.html (Java) Chatroom

Here's some clips of tunes for those of you who aren't familiar with them or just don't remember:

http://stressfactor.co.uk/Nebula2/Nebul ... theama.mp3
    http://stressfactor.co.uk/Nebula2/Nebul ... Seance.mp3
    http://stressfactor.co.uk/Nebula2/Nebul ... _Remix.mp3
    http://stressfactor.co.uk/Nebula2/Nebul ... _Remix.mp3
    http://stressfactor.co.uk/Nebula2/Nebul ... liners.mp3
    http://stressfactor.co.uk/Nebula2/Nebul ... _Rider.mp3
    http://stressfactor.co.uk/Nebula2/Nebul ... _Maker.mp3
    http://stressfactor.co.uk/Nebula2/Nebul ... H-Core.mp3
    http://stressfactor.co.uk/Nebula2/Nebul ... _Fiend.mp3
    http://stressfactor.co.uk/Nebula2/Nebul ... ked_It.mp3
    http://stressfactor.co.uk/Nebula2/Nebul ... hedule.mp3
    http://stressfactor.co.uk/Nebula2/Nebul ... walked.mp3

Here's a breif history (copied from http://www.nebula2.com/bio) of Nebula 2 for those curious to know more, not familiar with or just can't remeber. ;)

Histroy of Nebula2. The Early years

Nebula 2 first came to light back in 1991 with one the rave generations all time classic tunes called The Seance which was released on Reinforced Records. The success of this track put Joe Shotter & Richard McCormak into the rave hall of fame. This top 50 track was followed up with a release on J4M Records called Flatliners which also charted at no 55.

Nebula's first promotion at KOOL KAT (Nottingham) . Return To Kool Kat on the 23rd of December 1992. Dj's Kemistry & Storm, MRB, Goldie, Shot 1, Coz, Cutz, Expression & Holocaust. Live PA's 4 Hero, Manix & Rufige Kru

A is for Ardcore "Nebula 2 is hardcore."
    MIXMAG March 1993

From the success of Nebula's releases Joe & Richard (Shot1 & DJ COZ) along with MC rimz & Jungle dancing Peter 'E' (BIG UPz) started of the North's first hardcore club in Doncaster. The Warehouse (BYO) became on the the best venues in the country. Dj's such as Groove Rider, Fabio, Frankie Valentine, Easy D (Rave Captin), Jumpin Jack Frost, Carl cox and many more span tunes to a virginal crowd who were intent of raving till the end! "One more for the rush".

Nebula then moved into the techno side of rave which by then was breaking up into House, Techno & jungle. They set up a label called> Celestial Records with A Guy Called Gerald in Manchester. There first release The Positive EP was a collaboration between Joe & Mark Shotter, Richard McCormack && Tony Thomas who joined Nebula 2 along with Paul Smith.

After a few releases the new Nebula set up the Volt company which then set out on mission to release the finest and the most techno release possible. Not bad over 100 releases came out this company in the next three years. Artists included Nebula II, Arcana, Spy, Coca, Force of Nature and many more were all produced by Nebula II.

Nebulas next venture was to set up a party organization in Nottingham to outlet the local talent and perform there own music. The first major party was Inner Trance at the ballroom. Dave Clarke, Thomas Heckmann, Shot 1 & Coz played to over 1300 people in Nottingham's biggest techno party to date More followed with Paul Smith setting up Fusion which combined Techno & Drum & Bass (Snuff DJ's played here to many to mention).

The next phase was of course a brief step in the world of drum & bass. Nebula produced several records for Mickey Finn's Urban Takeover & along side MC MAGIKA won the Diesel Nu-Music 2000 award for best break-beat artist (Voted by) Moving shadow records. They also held numerous events with Nottinghams own Jungle master MRB.

More is to come...........................

Tunes That made Goldie a MAN "Nebula II The Seance"
    NME Jan 1998

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The part of the Mansion House where they used to have the Raves is now a Restaurant called Fire. I was in there recently, really nice place and brought back some memories too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

BaZmO* wrote: »
    The part of the Mansion House where they used to have the Raves is now a Restaurant called Fire. I was in there recently, really nice place and brought back some memories too.

but they do still have a big hall and balconies? hmm 30th of jan, i could be tempted! for old times sake:)

but they do still have a big hall and balconies? hmm 30th of jan, i could be tempted! for old times sake:)
    Yeah that's the bit that confused me. The restaurant is at the front to the left of the main house but it looked too small compared to what I remember (bearing in mind that my memory of those days is a bit sketchy!) from when they had the Raves there. Is there another part?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Yeah that's the bit that confused me. The restaurant is at the front to the left of the main house but it looked too small compared to what I remember (bearing in mind that my memory of those days is a bit sketchy!) from when they had the Raves there. Is there another part?

yes, on the right hand side of the restaurant there is a a long walk up steps to the main hall as far as i can remember.i have been to most of the raves there and was one of the best venues in dublin for a rave imo. so bazmo,are you tempted on the 30th of jan?

yes, on the right hand side of the restaurant there is a a long walk up steps to the main hall as far as i can remember.
    The walkway leads you up to the restaurant though, and the Resataurant is in the round room, although it did look kinda smaller than I remembered. But there's hardly 2 round rooms?

i have been to most of the raves there and was one of the best venues in dublin for a rave imo.
    Yeah I agree 100%
    Even back in the day when I was greener than the Jolly Green Giant's nutsack I could still see that the place was an amazing venue for a gig/rave. Still can't believe that they got away with having so many Raves there!

so bazmo,are you tempted on the 30th of jan?
    If it was in the Mansion House I'd definitely be tempted, but I just can't get the scene from Human Traffic out of my head where the guy is sitting in the club complaining about how things just aren't what they used to be! :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement