Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

derra wrote: »
    No probs :)

:D:D
    fúcker was probably a relative or friend or something to the seller to increase the bid :rolleyes:

Well worth the money for that Lemon 8 tune, fine tune that is :cool:

Did'nt have decks long enough to get into serious collecting or buying etc , but remember swapping that Superman tune for Havana-Discorder and DOP -Lion .....went on to sell for big money that superman tune , but i hated the tune with a passion and still do :D

Is that the Oh Superman track? - could never understand the buzz around that either, hate it... although it could be one of those 'you had to be there' tracks... I never heard it out.

I remember swapping United States by Mr Roy for a track called Kinky Gadgets by Lash... Lash is Gaetano Parisio who went on to produce some cracking techno in later years. I still regret though the swap, 15 years later! The Lash track is good but United States has a lot more memories, must pick that up again.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

And actually my cousin gave me a copy of Lion by DOP a few years back as he had two - nice one Niall, or Turks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Is that the Oh Superman track? - could never understand the buzz around that either, hate it... although it could be one of those 'you had to be there' tracks... I never heard it out.

I remember swapping United States by Mr Roy for a track called Kinky Gadgets by Lash... Lash is Gaetano Parisio who went on to produce some cracking techno in later years. I still regret though the swap, 15 years later! The Lash track is good but United States has a lot more memories, must pick that up again.

Here it is here :mad: Heard it out here many a time in the couple places we went to , be in my head now trying to asleep :rolleyes: :)

Mr.Roy-United States was a massively popular track ..
    Especially with people who were not as mad into the music as some but just went out on the Saturday night to join in on the buzz that was going on at the time, in the sessions people asking for it to be played and that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Steo32 wrote: »
    still do it was not the same drunk people and drug up to the eyeball people dont mix in my book:D:D

What about drunk drugged up to the eyeballs people:pac::p:):D
    Jimmy Deans Fu&* i have not heard of that place in years :D:D lol
    nice one seanyboy!! remember that place well!

Jimmys yes.....had forgotton all about it till seany reminded me of it ages back here......cant vouch for Abrakebebra but jimmys was great there would be 20 spliffs going round all at the same time with about 50 heads or more from the OLYMPIC all drinking tea smoking away before going into SIDES or the ASYLUM.......blokes that worked there didnt give a rats.....probably sold more tea in a half hour then than most of the day:D

The other good thing i remembered just now about jimmys was if you couldnt get your hands on any decent blow around your way (somtimes there was only the 'Leb') & if anyone remembers the 'Leb' it was weak & mild fluffy spreading blow & not worth a wa.nk when you were flying.......when you got to jimmys you would be guaranteed there would be a few spliffs of Soap or Black going round & when you got handed one it was heaven.....'Leb' was only good for mixing with other blow when doing Bong's to take the sting off the back of the throat:p (i would guess its cultivated that way to suit the Lebanese market as they smoke the bong there & it is not for rolling into 3 or 5 skinners)
    The Lash track is good but United States has a lot more memories, must pick that up again.

I loved that United states track in SIDES when i was hitting there regularly running up to its closure.......was a favorite of a mate of mine who is no longer with us & have a clear picture in my head of us downstairs just at the back wall to where the entrance to the jax was looking towards the DJ box giving it socks to the break in the middle @ around 3:00 minutes roaring our heads off:cool:......sooner they invent Downloading memorys from the brain we will have some class videos of the old Raves:D:D:D

R.I.P. Paul....sadly missed

Heres a post i did ages back with United states on it;)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56805603&postcount=3201

That Slim mix there is a track @,

32:20

I have had on tape for years and dont know the name of do you know DUB1?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Steo32

Well, they were few and far beetween back then, but it seems to be all the rage now:D:D:D:pac:.

• Advertisement

Steo32 wrote: »

Well, they were few and far beetween back then, but it seems to be all the rage now:D:D:D:pac:.

Not having a go at ya chief but you obviously didnt make it into barnstormers years ago so cause it wasnt a few & far between buzzers in there......would have been a compulsory weekend obligation to pass the daylight hours in that watering hole until round two came around 12 hours later:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭francois

Not having a go at ya chief but you obviously didnt make it into barnstormers years ago so cause it wasnt a few & far between buzzers in there......would have been a compulsory weekend obligation to pass the daylight hours in that watering hole until round two came around 12 hours later:pac::pac::pac:

Spent many a day there, mad place, especially the pool table upstairs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

francois wrote: »

barnstormers on townsends street ! that was a made place ! some good early sessions i had there :D

francois wrote: »

Yes it would to an outsider of had a menacing feeling to the whole place like the ASYLUM but it felt like we were all buzzing together when we were there Rockers & Ravers......i liked it emmensly i have to say;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Heres a post i did ages back with United states on it;)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56805603&postcount=3201
    Are you reminiscing about reminiscing? :pac:

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Are you reminiscing about reminiscing? :pac:

Na reminising about a good friend of mine that passed away after the track United States was mentioned by Felixdhc & didnt see the point in posting the same tune twice if i had already posted it.......
    I loved that United states track in SIDES when i was hitting there regularly running up to its closure.......was a favorite of a mate of mine who is no longer with us & have a clear picture in my head of us downstairs just at the back wall to where the entrance to the jax was looking towards the DJ box giving it socks to the break in the middle @ around 3:00 minutes roaring our heads offcool.gif......sooner they invent Downloading memorys from the brain we will have some class videos of the old Ravesbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

R.I.P. Paul....sadly missed

Heres a post i did ages back with United states on itwink.gif
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...postcount=3201

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭NovaGSi

Great tune alright...even better film (in the yt vid)...Bladerunner, classic:)

Cheers,
    Mick

Jaysus he must be enjoying Bangkok so, thats a long time now! Ah I knew some tunes then, but its a blur now... been buying too much current stuff lately and dipping into buckets of ambient stuff from the past!

Although was listening to this gem again today and by fck did it put shivers through me. I paid about 80 quid for this 12" a few years back and remember nearly not posting the Mp3 on NI because it cost me so much - I did still though obviously :D

There were a few mixes of this but the SMILE mix was my favourite by far.

NovaGSi wrote: »
    Great tune alright...even better film (in the yt vid)...Bladerunner, classic:)

Cheers,
    Mick

Heres that track mentioned,

45dzncxzycd

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Steo32

No your right never made it to that place:rolleyes: I surpose what I ment was I
    never realy drank to much back in my raven years niether did the lads I hung around with but I made up for lost time very quickly, one might say abit to much. one of my mates passed away there two years ago aswell
    he was a regular in the olympic. Adam R.I.P

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    You ask you get

Lionrock - Carnival
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wy3nmvdvzvw

bonus
    Lionrock - Packet of Peace
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jv95mvqxiyi

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Carnival was just the name of the 12" Single.
    The track you're looking for is "Are You Willing To Testify?"
    It's the first track on the B-Side

http://www.discogs.com/release/193321

Some of my favorite tunes ever,

"Are You Willing To Testify?" is deffo in my top 5 Olympic tunes.

Anyone got the other tracks off the Carnival 12"?? or other Lionrock tracks?

Cheers,
    Mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Cheers,
    Mick
    I have the 12" at home but I don't have it in MP3. Also have the Packet of Peace 12 and the first Lionrock track by the same name. Great tune, reminds me of early Sides

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Cheers,
    Mick

Whopper of a tune :) an edcase favorite :)
    mizzwfjrkoy
    video courstesy of stomprockin'

does anyone have - Sonic Solution Turbulence on mp3 ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvNSZRdvGgI

thanks..

does anyone have - Sonic Solution Turbulence on mp3 ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvNSZRdvGgI

thanks..

Here it is here......;)

170793959/_rs94042__sonic_solution_-_turbulence.rar

Here it is here......;)

170793959/_rs94042__sonic_solution_-_turbulence.rar

excellent stuff buddy.. thanks :D

• Advertisement

Heres a Web Page to download & keep on your PC for using to link to File Sharing sites when a piece of code is posted here.....

http://www.mediafire.com/?rnqennnwx5m 1.42KB

it will open a window in explorer locally on your PC that looks like this........All file sharing sites are Hyperlinks so when clicked will bring you to a window on that file sharing site ready to paste the code into;)
    Linklist.jpg

Heres an old photo i found from way back with Seanyboy stickin his head out the top window of the ASYLUM........:D:D:D:D

Seanyboy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kidswantelectro

Heres a Web Page to download & keep on your PC for using to link to File Sharing sites when a piece of code is posted here.....

http://www.mediafire.com/?rnqennnwx5m 1.42KB

it will open a window in explorer locally on your PC that looks like this........All file sharing sites are Hyperlinks so when clicked will bring you to a window on that file sharing site ready to paste the code into;)
    Linklist.jpg

Heres an old photo i found from way back with Seanyboy stickin his head out the top window of the ASYLUM........:D:D:D:D

Seanyboy.jpg
    cheers pauli

hi allicon12.gif
    have bein glued 2 this thread a few years now...bringing the dead alive...great tracks/tales/memorys...keep up the gud work lads...paul/dar ect ect....
    soon as i get the hang of posting tunes/mixs ill bang a few up....
    just cant get my head round it yeticon8.gificon10.gif dam weed icon10.gif

all the best frm the newbieicon12.gif
    davetheplumber aka k.w.Electro.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZKpNlXfNvU SQUELCH-CALM DOWN (FLASH BANG MIX)

CLASSIC TRACK OFF M.W NEUTRALIZED....ENJOY:cool:

cheers pauli

Wrong man your talkin about there:rolleyes:......not paul me;)

I'm not doubting you, I never knew or cared really who was playing in the Olympic or Sides DC, it was all about the atmosphere (totally different in both places), I was never really into finding out the names of tracks either. I only ever asked a DJ once for the name of a track and it was in the Olympic - Positive Education, one of my favs:)

Cheers,
    Mick
    SEANYBOY1 wrote: »

Im 99% he did play in the Olympic, towards the end you could even get in for £5 before 12, Anything to stem the flow of regulars to the Asylum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gerzinio

i have oldskool mixes aswell as newer stuff in my blog 2 download from 1992 onwards www.myspace.com/gerzinio

also on the look out 4 temple theater mixes 1999/00 bank holiday specials cox/jules/seb/greenvelet/jonnymoy/colhamilton...:D

if u were there u KNOW THE SCORE!!!!!!!!!

Wrong man your talkin about there:rolleyes:......not paul me;)
    no probs tanx anyways man:)

• Advertisement

Lads anyone got a Premium rapidshare account they want to loan me the access to by PM????
    Need to download a 700mb file & says i need a premium account to download anything over 200MB.
    Promise it wont go anywhere else & will be deleted from inbox as soon as i get it.......Really appreciate if anyone can help.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement