Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭moany

es-cee wrote: »
    any1 got a good copy of
    secret cinema - timeless altitude?
    been lookin 4 this track 4 a while now,
    thanx in advance.:D
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kztyymmznwz

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

DUB1 wrote: »
    lol i had many a mad session's in there on sat,mon,tue.wed, thur and fri mornings after the nite before **** man and a fair few of them involved jonny off here it was a crazy place :pac::pac::D

Could have met both yourself and Jonny so, established a while back with Jonny that I knew a mate of his from then... went to many a party with him and a few other lads plus the likes of the UFO and the Temple of Sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

moany wrote: »

sound man nice1, been lookin 4 this 4 a while now.:)

felix dont suppose ya have a copy of this nockin about anywere do ya? cant find it anywere online.:confused:

felix dont suppose ya have a copy of this nockin about anywere do ya? cant find it anywere online.:confused:

Don't think I do... I'm not at home at the moment to check, have a hard drive full of mixes so will have a look when I'm home tomorrow. Seriously doubt it though, if none of the lads here have it, I'd say it will be a tough one to track down.

• Advertisement

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Don't think I do... I'm not at home at the moment to check, have a hard drive full of mixes so will have a look when I'm home tomorrow. Seriously doubt it though, if none of the lads here have it, I'd say it will be a tough one to track down.

sound, i bought the thing when it was released 1st but like nearly every other tape i had its lost or stroked.
    would love 2 get me hands on a copy of it, orbit runs amoc on the B side.
    gis a shout if you've any luck, nice1 man.

sound, i bought the thing when it was released 1st but like nearly every other tape i had its lost or stroked.
    would love 2 get me hands on a copy of it, orbit runs amoc on the B side.
    gis a shout if you've any luck, nice1 man.

Yeah I'm the same, had many a mix either stolen or lost over the years. Some that I never even knew the names, no feckin chance of ever tracking them down :(

Yeah I'm the same, had many a mix either stolen or lost over the years. Some that I never even knew the names, no feckin chance of ever tracking them down :(

its a load of tits alrite, i never let any1 near me original recordins anymore, thats the handy thing about mp3's ya dont really have 2 look after them as much.

its a load of tits alrite, i never let any1 near me original recordins anymore, thats the handy thing about mp3's ya dont really have 2 look after them as much.

Yeah its a very different world these days in music terms with digital formats etc. I used to keep all my tapes in different shoe boxes - some of them I even made back-up copies just to be safe, but still managed to lose those too! I do still have loads though that I haven't got around to ripping yet.

I remember doing repairs on tapes, ones that would get tangled in a tape deck.. it was a bloody nightmare to do but the satisfaction when you'd get it all back together... or in some cases have to rejoin the tape where it had actually snapped! The better quality tapes were good cause they had screws that you could actually take apart if repairs were needed. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Yeah its a very different world these days in music terms with digital formats etc. I used to keep all my tapes in different shoe boxes - some of them I even made back-up copies just to be safe, but still managed to lose those too! I do still have loads though that I haven't got around to ripping yet.

I remember doing repairs on tapes, ones that would get tangled in a tape deck.. it was a bloody nightmare to do but the satisfaction when you'd get it all back together... or in some cases have to rejoin the tape where it had actually snapped! The better quality tapes were good cause they had screws that you could actually take apart if repairs were needed. :pac:

ha ha repairing the old tapes was an aul dap-hand at that meself.used to use prit-stick to join the ends together,worked a treat.and the pleasure you got when you would get it working again.:D

yeah the tapes with the screws were handy alright.the other ones were a pain in the arse.

• Advertisement

still have a load of tapes meself, wouldn't part with them 4 love nor money.
    i used 2 do alot of repairing tapes meself.
    used 2 hate bein out somewere off the head and the tape would get chewed up, taking it apart with 1 eye closed tryin 2 focus in on what ya were doin, poxy.
    always seemed 2 work out though somehow.
    jaysus thinkin about it now i don't know how i have any tapes left at all.:confused:

aceberg wrote: »
    ha ha repairing the old tapes was an aul dap-hand at that meself.used to use prit-stick to join the ends together,worked a treat.and the pleasure you got when you would get it working again.:D

yeah the tapes with the screws were handy alright.the other ones were a pain in the arse.

Jaysus.. prit-stick, never thought of that, makes perfect sense now :D I used feckin selotape in tiny pieces to stick back together, you would always get a brief moment lost obviously though... was better than losing the tape altogether.

The better tapes were generally chrome, I used to buy 10 packs of Sony, TDK or TEAC in Harry Moore on Henry St (where I also worked for a while).
    still have a load of tapes meself, wouldn't part with them 4 love nor money.
    i used 2 do alot of repairing tapes meself.
    used 2 hate bein out somewere off the head and the tape would get chewed up, taking it apart with 1 eye closed tryin 2 focus in on what ya were doin, poxy.
    always seemed 2 work out though somehow.
    jaysus thinkin about it now i don't know how i have any tapes left at all.:confused:

That actually happened to me at a party one night with my favourite Warren K mix, it was on bangin away and the fckin thing got caught in the tape deck... managed to fix it though, regardless of triple vision :D

The secret to them not getting caught was to rewind and fast forward the tape a couple of times before playing them for the first time in a new tape deck.. from what I can remember the motor speeds in tape decks would vary and thats how the tape could get tangled sometimes. Easier said than done though when you were just looking to hear the tape, too impatient to rewind and ffwd first.

Jaysus.. prit-stick, never thought of that, makes perfect sense now :D I used feckin selotape in tiny pieces to stick back together, you would always get a brief moment lost obviously though... was better than losing the tape altogether.

The better tapes were generally chrome, I used to buy 10 packs of Sony, TDK or TEAC in Harry Moore on Henry St (where I also worked for a while).

That actually happened to me at a party one night with my favourite Warren K mix, it was on bangin away and the fckin thing got caught in the tape deck... managed to fix it though, regardless of triple vision :D

The secret to them not getting caught was to rewind and fast forward the tape a couple of times before playing them for the first time in a new tape deck.. from what I can remember the motor speeds in tape decks would vary and thats how the tape could get tangled sometimes. Easier said than done though when you were just looking to hear the tape, too impatient to rewind and ffwd first.

the wheels in the tape would get stiff as well with all the tape getting caught on 1 side from walkmans etc. used 2 have 2 tighten the tape as well, would get loose or unravel slightly from over use. a good shake used 2 sort that out 2.
    i remember a m8 of mine had this deadly asylum tape years back out at a party and tried 2 tighten it out of his head, well you can imagine the outcome. needless 2 say that tape was never played again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

hit the decks vol 3
    another jem :)
    once u drag n drop u cant stop :D:eek::D

enjoy.

I posted all these ages back me self on a site that expires after a while but here they are here after a search for them online........

Hit the Decks 1
    kcczilyzzpe

Hit the decks 2
    gjpi2yjwyse

Hit the decks 3
    jgdmfosibty

Here is a link to all CD covers & CD's........
    http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=316454

Had bought all these first time round on cassette in swan centre in rathmines & lost them all:mad:......got them all again on CD about 6-7 years ago again & they were still as good to hear then as the first time........

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Juicy Lucy

Does anyone have a copy of Last nite of the Ormand part 1 mp3. Was there that night meself. Twas some nite. Was there manys a night and the night of the fake bomb scare. Some crack when everyone wsa put out on the quays the state of us all:D

Juicy Lucy wrote: »
    Does anyone have a copy of Last nite of the Ormand part 1 mp3. Was there that night meself. Twas some nite. Was there manys a night and the night of the fake bomb scare. Some crack when everyone wsa put out on the quays the state of us all:D

Here it here posted back on page 173........;)

Last night of the ORMOND

Wasnt there for the last night i have to say but i did have some mind benders in it all the same....
    I rememeber going down to it one night when the OLYMPIC was opened for the second time cause we were pis.sed off with the new OLYMPIC at that stage with all the scraps & ego heads in it.......was only about 50 people in the ORMOND but the tunes were amazing that were being spun & the narcs were strong & plenty.....had one of the most memorable nights ever in the ORMOND that night that i can still picture buzzing by the front left hand side of the stage with the dry ice pumping out & getting lost in the cloud with no one else near me & when it cleared all the sound heads there giving it loads......excellent stuff:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Juicy Lucy

Here it here posted back on page 173........;)

Last night of the ORMOND

Wasnt there for the last night i have to say but i did have some mind benders in it all the same....
    I rememeber going down to it one night when the OLYMPIC was opened for the second time cause we were pis.sed off with the new OLYMPIC at that stage with all the scraps & ego heads in it.......was only about 50 people in the ORMOND but the tunes were amazing that were being spun & the narcs were strong & plenty.....had one of the most memorable nights ever in the ORMOND that night that i can still picture buzzing by the front left hand side of the stage with the dry ice pumping out & getting lost in the cloud with no one else near me & when it cleared all the sound heads there giving it loads......excellent stuff:pac::D

Cheers for that,delighted wi meself now. Used to have it on tape,God only knows where it ended up. Carl Cox played there I think the nite before - was supposed to have been another deadly nite.
    Loved the atmosphere in the place!

Juicy Lucy wrote: »
    Cheers for that,delighted wi meself now. Used to have it on tape,God only knows where it ended up. Carl Cox played there I think the nite before - was supposed to have been another deadly nite.
    Loved the atmosphere in the place!

Was at Carl Cox in there alright but it was paddys night.......
    ormd.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Seen Carl Cox in there alright but it was paddys night.......
    ormd.jpg

He played there again a couple months later in May, was no where near as packed as the Paddys night and the music was totally different.
    Think it was part of the Heineken green energy festival as he had also played in the Point before or after that as part of the Heineken festival.
    That was after the asylum etc closed and the dance scene had gone to the superclubs so to speak, but the one in the Point was mental with so many people there raving,actually won a competition in the Star for two tickets to it and remember the security looking aroud thinking wtf is going on here ,especially when a remix of this was played and the lights went on and ya could see the whole place bopping ..
    The whole dance scene was about to explode at this stage in the country with dance events popping up everywhere :)

derra wrote: »

Remeber this fondly from SIDES a lot......great buzz off it:pac::p:):D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

nice shooting there senan.just had a listen to the mix and it is of course.

Marc et Claude - Deux Petites Differences

another top track imo.can just feel meself bouncing off the walls in the asylum to that 1.:D

Cheers for that SENAN S & ACEBERG,

does any body have a good quality Mp3?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

Cheers for that SENAN S & ACEBERG,

does any body have a good quality Mp3?

I found the tune on Rapidshare,
    Cant seem to get the code to work, the code is 105410753 but it does'nt
    seem to work on http://search.jrfreelancer.com/

PM me if you want the link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

DUB1 wrote: »
    Animal tune derra always loved this :p

is that yours and triple K's tune :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 6 JASPER10

Whats the story lads
    I'm new to all this . To think people still talk about the old days in The Asylum. Theres some top class music on this site. Heres 2 I loved for
    years.
    THE PRODIGY ANDROID
    http://www.mediafire.com/?thzm4fmmwoe
    FORMOSA O.D ON GROOVE
    http://www.mediafire.com/?442zmxmgmgz

JASPER10 wrote: »
    Whats the story lads
    I'm new to all this . To think people still talk about the old days in The Asylum. Theres some top class music on this site. Heres 2 I loved for
    years.
    THE PRODIGY ANDROID
    FORMOSA O.D ON GROOVE

whats up lad welcome, top track that formosa, 1 of me favs.;)

JASPER10 wrote: »
    Whats the story lads
    years.
    THE PRODIGY ANDROID
    FORMOSA O.D ON GROOVE

welcome aboard m8.just be careful with the u/l tunes the mods won't be too happy.

anyways lads i'm looking for a track and i'm sure it's T99 - Anasthasia.there was somebody looking for an id on this a good while back,i think it was on ministry and i think it was liam pepper who was asking about it.

there's a male voice heard saying ''you wanna hear a little bules from me''

i'm sure we i'd it as T99 - Anasthasia.can anybody confirm this.and tell me what remix it is and an mp3 would be ideal in this suituation.:D

welcome aboard m8.just be careful with the u/l tunes the mods won't be too happy.

anyways lads i'm looking for a track and i'm sure it's T99 - Anasthasia.there was somebody looking for an id on this a good while back,i think it was on ministry and i think it was liam pepper who was asking about it.

i'm sure we i'd it as T99 - Anasthasia.can anybody confirm this.and tell me what remix it is and an mp3 would be ideal in this suituation.:D

just listenin 2 anasthasia now don't here those vocals anywre, ya sure ya have the right track?

doesn't ring anybells, i'll have a listen to it, when i'm back down in my shed.

is the ministry site still going??

just listenin 2 anasthasia now don't here those vocals anywre, ya sure ya have the right track?

as i've said i'm sure we id it as that track.i9 sure somebody put up an edit of it from one of thoses compilations hit the decks or megabass.now thats not to say i9 not getting mixed up.
    senan s wrote: »
    doesn't ring anybells, i'll have a listen to it, when i'm back down in my shed.

is the ministry site still going??

yeah if you remember senan the next time your in the shed.just looged on to ministry there earlier for the crack as it's still in my favs.it's like a ghost town.:eek:

oh and it might just ask liam aswell about that track see if he remembers.

• Advertisement

as i've said i'm sure we id it as that track.i9 sure somebody put up an edit of it from one of thoses compilations hit the decks or megabass.now thats not to say i9 not getting mixed up.

yeah if you remember senan the next time your in the shed.just looged on to ministry there earlier for the crack as it's still in my favs.it's like a ghost town.:eek:

oh and it might just ask liam aswell about that track see if he remembers.

tbh, i don't think i'll bother, that had to be the most depressing sites, i've ever been on. I'm sure Liam is flat out on it :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement