Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

derra wrote: »
    Try this Ace..http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
    Go to that page..
    Down near bottom(above the avs converter ad)..click the '' Start Downloading SUPER ©''
    next page ...click ''the download and use''
    and on bottom of next page '' Download SUPER © setup file''
    totall free and easy to use:)

derra can't find the d/l and use option.there's a couple of d/l options alrite.:confused:
    milltown wrote: »
    Far cry from Anastasia but it's not Subliminal cuts - Le voie le soleil is it?

got that track i'd all ready m8 it was channel x.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

DUB1 wrote: »
    Heres probly my fav ever tune :p

classic :cool:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 6 JASPER10

Whats up lads . I'm looking for the name of an old Asylum song it had the words Diga Man in the chorus. Sorry it's not alot to go on can any one think of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭NovaGSi

Loved that in Sides DC, that is deffo classic
    JASPER10 wrote: »
    Whats up lads . I'm looking for the name of an old Asylum song it had the words Diga Man in the chorus. Sorry it's not alot to go on can any one think of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czCPhkTBBVQ

Is this the one??

Never in the Asylum but remember hearing this on an Asylum tape back in 93/94 on the way home from the Olympic on the nite link, a walkman was being passed around until we got to a party:D

Cheers,
    Mick

THATS THE ONE FAIR PLAY!!!!!!!!
    TOP MAN.....

• Advertisement

http://www.mediafire.com/?

Heres a good one thanks to NovaGSi !!!!!!

IntranceTeQuierro
    oyyjmdeymwm

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭elambra

Hi,

does anyone know the name of a mid 90's trance tune (was pretty fast compared to the bpm of trance tunes nowadays) it had a chord progresion similar to Cafe Del Mar... it's probably already mentioned on this thread but I would need a lot of time to go through it... tried and it's just too big!!

it might be called solar eclipse or something

ps Dub1.... what a tune you posted!! that is FILTHY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭b.c

Its Intrance feat. D-Sign - Te Quierro
    (doh) already answered!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭b.c

elambra wrote: »
    Hi,

does anyone know the name of a mid 90's trance tune (was pretty fast compared to the bpm of trance tunes nowadays) it had a chord progresion similar to Cafe Del Mar... it's probably already mentioned on this thread but I would need a lot of time to go through it... tried and it's just too big!!

it might be called solar eclipse or something

ps jonny68.... what a tune you posted!! that is FILTHY!!

solar eclipse-from here to enlightenment

Hold on hold on........... I FOUND IT!!

It just came to me there!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52e9UogJh_k

• Advertisement

haha cheers b.c, I think we posted at the same second!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

NovaGSi wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czCPhkTBBVQ

Is this the one??

Never in the Asylum but remember hearing this on an Asylum tape back in 93/94 on the way home from the Olympic on the nite link, a walkman was being passed around until we got to a party:D

Cheers,
    Mick
    http://www.mediafire.com/?

Heres a good one thanks to NovaGSi !!!!!!

oyyjmdeymwm

Nice one Mick for that ID & the link Jasper10.....i would never have remembered that track from the description "Diga Man" but as soon as i heard it i remembered it as if it was only yesterday.......loved that kind of sound of tracks years ago......this was a favorite album we used to listen to a lot back 1993 i had on tape for years then Derra posted it here i think.......

Hellraiser 4
    yj0mynz3zyj

THATS THE ONE FAIR PLAY!!!!!!!!
    TOP MAN.....

No probs dude, enjoy
    Nice one Mick for that ID & the link Jasper10.....i would never have remembered that track from the description "Diga Man" but as soon as i heard it i remembered it as if it was only yesterday.......loved that kind of sound of tracks years ago......this was a favorite album we used to listen to a lot back 1993 i had on tape for years then Derra posted it here i think.......

Hellraiser 4
    yj0mynz3zyj

You know me, I'm not usually (never) the one to ID tunes, I just got a good Techno Education from Mrs Woods;) Thanks to AsylumDublin, thats how I knew the name of the track. Some time next year I might ID a tune for someone else but thats it for me in 2009:p

Enjoying Hellraiser right now with my 11month old baby girl. I've recently been listening to the Hardcore Nightmare set again in the car, you uploaded it before.

Cheers,
    Mick

No probs dude, enjoy

You know me, I'm not usually (never) the one to ID tunes, I just got a good Techno Education from Mrs Woods;) Thanks to AsylumDublin, thats how I knew the name of the track. Some time next year I might ID a tune for someone else but thats it for me in 2009:p

Enjoying Hellraiser right now with my 11month old baby girl. I've recently been listening to the Hardcore Nightmare set again in the car, you uploaded it before.

Cheers,
    Mick

Hope your not subjecting the baby to the Hardcore Nightmare:eek:
    Some seriously heavy sh.it on that even for an ASYLUM Raver:pac:

:eek:Hardcore Nightmare:eek:
    gnymmotdbzc
    R-121815-1209909003.jpeg

Terrordrome Disc 1
    sharekey=2096293e5792f41fab1eab3e9fa335cadd38ed993b9a7d19
    R-121815-1209908958.jpeg

All images here for entire album
    http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=121815

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Juicy Lucy

loved this from the ormond multimedia

loved this in Sides

Class tune

And another

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::D

Her favorite is... Tonight You Sleep In Hell

That is about as hard as you get and who uploaded it....you:D

Cheers,
    Mick

gnymmotdbzc
    R-121815-1209909003.jpeg

Terrordrome Disc 1
    R-121815-1209908958.jpeg

Juicy Lucy wrote: »
    loved this in Sides

I would agree emphatically with you there used to love this in SIDES week in week out.......

Keith mac project - Spice of life
    hjc5dpctzty
    Juicy Lucy wrote: »
    Class tune

Twas an ASYLUM Belter.....would hear it on the second floor beginning to be played & you would take a quick couple of pulls of the Doobie going & then gone down them back stairs out onto the main floor by the DJ box into another world from upstairs.........

Narcotic Influence - empirion
    clniuofeslo

Good stuff there:rolleyes:

Her favorite is... Tonight You Sleep In Hell

That is about as hard as you get and who uploaded it....you:D

Cheers,
    Mick

She has good taste:D

Tonight you sleep in hell
    2mgeeyuzqje

gnymmotdbzc
    R-121815-1209909003.jpeg

Terrordrome Disc 1
    R-121815-1209908958.jpeg

anybody got this album for a pm:D.have a few of the tracks.would'nt mind hearing the other's and i'm after a mix of scarface - speedy gonzalez that i have on a sven vath mix,wonder if this is it.

gnymmotdbzc

Terrordrome Disc 1

aceberg wrote: »
    anybody got this album for a pm:D.have a few of the tracks.would'nt mind hearing the other's and i'm after a mix of scarface - speedy gonzalez that i have on a sven vath mix,wonder if this is it.

I just noticed there is a couple of tracks missing from the folder......dont know why that is......i will pull the album out when i go home & fire up that track for ya;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

stephen_n wrote: »
    As far as I know this is the first time this mix will have been posted.

There is a glitch or two on the B side but the quality is ok other than that!

http://rapidshare.com/files/258884765/Computer_Live___the_Asylum__a_.mp3

http://rapidshare.com/files/258897269/Computer_Live___the_Asylum__b_.mp3

enjoy
    Nice one Stephen :)
    Just after listening to Side A and it is brilliant stuff :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Check this site out

http://www.electric-circus.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kidswantelectro

Great tune :)

class tune icon10.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Here is one that J.C use to love banging out in Sides

and this is a tribute to a mate of mine -Gar cullen RIP.
    The ony man i ever new who new all the words to this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

Some old Classic tunes.

Here is one that J.C use to love banging out in Sides

love that jambo track meself paddy.

did'nt know gar cullen was a m8 of yours.

Cant see the Vid but from the name i recognise it......

Happyman
    msygtmihttm

I remember this from the OLYMPIC regularly & have a picture in my brain one sunday morning after the OLYMPIC we ended up down at walkinstown park across from O'Neills sports factory at 5am.....lovely sunny morning & met two lads we knew well from that end of walkinstown 'Froggy' RIP & Killer.......sat with them with a fire going drinking flat kegs of Smithwicks out of old 2 litre bottles & i had a tape with Happyman on it:D.....still have the tape that was played that morning & im sure i uploaded here already i'll check but anyway was a memory i'll never forget cause we were all flying on great E's but cant remember now what they were:pac::).....the kegs were in plentyful supply cause there was a holding warhouse or somthing nnear the park in the industrial estates the boys knew about & copious amounts of beer was available although it was flat but hey free cold gargle was more than alright at the time:p you just had to jam a 2p coin in the top to get the gargle out........that just reminded me of another time we were on the second floor of the ASYLUM at about 2-3 am & the chap i mentioned above 'Froggy' who is no longer with us strolls in freaked saying he had been Knicked with 50 Pink Mad bastards & was only let out now:mad:
    By the end of the night he no more cared about getting knicked early on the night before when we were full of Dots, Doves & Lou Reed & all went up to walkinstown to drink the morning away with Kegs the boys that didnt head into the Raves from walkinstown & would have pinched the Kegs the night before in advance......thanks lads:pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭bmooney

Cant see the Vid but from the name i recognise it......

Happyman
    msygtmihttm

I remember this from the OLYMPIC regularly & have a picture in my brain one sunday morning after the OLYMPIC we ended up down at walkinstown park across from O'Neills sports factory at 5am.....lovely sunny morning & met two lads we knew well from that end of walkinstown 'Froggy' RIP & Killer.......sat with them with a fire going drinking flat kegs of Smithwicks out of old 2 litre bottles & i had a tape with Happyman on it:D.....still have the tape that was played that morning & im sure i uploaded here already i'll check but anyway was a memory i'll never forget cause we were all flying on great E's but cant remember now what they were:pac::).....the kegs were in plentyful supply cause there was a holding warhouse or somthing nnear the park in the industrial estates the boys knew about & copious amounts of beer was available although it was flat but hey free cold gargle was more than alright at the time:p you just had to jam a 2p coin in the top to get the gargle out........that just reminded me of another time we were on the second floor of the ASYLUM at about 2-3 am & the chap i mentioned above 'Froggy' who is no longer with us strolls in freaked saying he had been Knicked with 50 Pink Mad bastards & was only let out now:mad:
    By the end of the night he no more cared about getting knicked early on the night before when we were full of Dots, Doves & Lou Reed & all went up to walkinstown to drink the morning away with Kegs the boys that didnt head into the Raves from walkinstown & would have pinched the Kegs the night before in advance......thanks lads:pac::pac::pac:

jesus man ****ing froggy and killer have not heard of them in a bit im from drimnagh new the 2 of them 2 mad ****ers getting the kegs from the factorys at the back of the park in ind est used 2 b up them meself after the asylum or up the the park at the traders rip froggy sound bloke god they was the gud old days

• Advertisement

bmooney wrote: »
    jesus man ****ing froggy and killer have not heard of them in a bit im from drimnagh new the 2 of them 2 mad ****ers getting the kegs from the factorys at the back of the park in ind est used 2 b up them meself after the asylum or up the the park at the traders rip froggy sound bloke god they was the gud old days

Ye from limekiln beside the Traders meself......pity about Froggy he was enticed down the yellow brick road by puff the magic dragon thinkin it led somwhere good but ended screwed up to bits from it.......shame he was sound back then but it chaanged him into a different person......lot of the lads down there fell out with each other as some went down that:rolleyes: road & others didnt.......met Paki a while back there he's just mad for his gargle.....havnt seen Ray in ages.....Eddie is no longer with us now either..........have a great tape Ray did for me back then i'll have to bang up;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement