Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭bmooney

Ye from limekiln beside the Traders meself......pity about Froggy he was enticed down the yellow brick road by puff the magic dragon thinkin it led somwhere good but ended screwed up to bits from it.......shame he was sound back then but it chaanged him into a different person......lot of the lads down there fell out with each other as some went down that:rolleyes: road & others didnt.......met Paki a while back there he's just mad for his gargle.....havnt seen Ray in ages.....Eddie is no longer with us now either..........have a great tape Ray did for me back then i'll have to bang up;)

yeh m/8 froggy went down the wrong road i c paki now and again what a mad ****er wud have u in bit yeh i seen eddie been takeing out day he was found was a top bloke alway stop and have a chat rip eddie i hung around up in greenhills at the traders made ****ers up there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Lads i dunno if your aware but this is a really good website run by a lad i know in England, everyone is friendly and there is loads of music to be downloades asusming you become a regular check it out :)

http://onlyoldskool.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Floor control - Evangelista.
    Anyone got a good copy of this???
    Thank you and good night:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭bmooney

Floor control - Evangelista.
    Anyone got a good copy of this???
    Thank you and good night:)

look in your pm in 5 min

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭moany

speaking of floor control ,anybody got justify!!
    thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 25 punts for 1

any good old skool night happening in the near future...its time to get the oul sambas a hoppin'

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Steo32

Use to here this alot in the olympic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hkIv_-4Phc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

does any1 know if there was ever any live video footage from the Asylum?
    was lookin at the footage from sides & Olympic earlier but never came accross any from the Asylum except the 'Asylum dancer', (not good at all).
    surely there must be some floatin about.
    any info would be great, thanks in advance.:)

heres dj seduction live @ dance planet detonator '93

http://www.mediafire.com/?ywtwmmldvat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭turks

there is footage floatin about getin it is another thing tho,mw has some and dilly has some,shame wud love to c a few clips:(
    es-cee wrote: »
    was lookin at the footage from sides & Olympic earlier but never came accross any from the Asylum except the 'Asylum dancer', (not good at all).
    any info would be great, thanks in advance.:)

heres dj seduction live @ dance planet detonator '93

http://www.mediafire.com/?ywtwmmldvat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

turks wrote: »
    there is footage floatin about getin it is another thing tho,mw has some and dilly has some,shame wud love to c a few clips:(

would love 2 see it meself man, pitty theres none on youtube.:(

any1 got a decent copy of virtual symmetry - the discovered theme, lookin all over 4 it but cant find it. thanks in advance.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

es-cee wrote: »

Below is my first post on this thread ages back & is the only footage i have got my hands on........that clip :rolleyes: you referenced there if its the youtube clip it was cut from this video........anyway i edited this footage to try & make it as good to watch as you can.......i have another video i made too i will bang up the post when i have time to look back for it;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55676062&postcount=2401

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Juicy Lucy

Below is my first post on this thread ages back & is the only footage i have got my hands on........that clip :rolleyes: you referenced there if its the youtube clip it was cut from this video........anyway i edited this footage to try & make it as good to watch as you can.......i have another video i made too i will bang up the post when i have time to look back for it;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55676062&postcount=2401

Just had a quick gander at the first clip there excellant stuff!

Seen above ya said you were from beside the traders, did ya know Keego and Darren Doyle they used to be in the Olympic?

Juicy Lucy wrote: »
    Just had a quick gander at the first clip there excellant stuff!

Seen above ya said you were from beside the traders, did ya know Keego and Darren Doyle they used to be in the Olympic?

I knew them very well......used to go into barnstormers, pierre club etc. with Keego & Doyler after Raving.....partied up in Doylers gaff & Derek Kellys gaff loads back then......posted a great story about Darren a good while back i will never forget & will bang up a link to the post when i get time.......shame so many good friends we lost along the way R.I.P Darren:(

Found that post here it is here.......

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57443644&postcount=3951

I knew them very well......used to go into barnstormers, pierre club etc. with Keego & Doyler after Raving.....partied up in Doylers gaff & Derek Kellys gaff loads back then......posted a great story about Darren a good while back i will never forget & will bang up a link to the post when i get time.......shame so many good friends we lost along the way R.I.P Darren:(

Found that post here it is here.......

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57443644&postcount=3951

Ah thats mad knew Derek Kelly very well too. Got to know them all about 14 years ago through a fella I was going out with from Orwell. Had manys a session with them. Keego and Derek Kelly are still in Tymon. R.I.P Darren he was a sound fella and Keego's older brother Bo who has since passed aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

bmooney wrote: »
    jesus man ****ing froggy and killer have not heard of them in a bit im from drimnagh new the 2 of them 2 mad ****ers getting the kegs from the factorys at the back of the park in ind est used 2 b up them meself after the asylum or up the the park at the traders rip froggy sound bloke god they was the gud old days
    yeh m/8 froggy went down the wrong road i c paki now and again what a mad ****er wud have u in bit yeh i seen eddie been takeing out day he was found was a top bloke alway stop and have a chat rip eddie i hung around up in greenhills at the traders made ****ers up there

Those were the days allright, remember those kegs of smithicks and the 2p coins well, from Drimnagh meself but used to hang around with the lads up in bunting, used to see the walkinstown lads all the time, used to sit beside eddie mcnevin in school, sound bloke RIP, fcukin sad what happened, martin toland was another mad fcuker from walkinstown in our school, last time I seen paki o'toole was in the sub for one of the liverpool games, still a mad bast*rd

Ah thats mad knew Derek Kelly very well too. Got to know them all about 14 years ago through a fella I was going out with from Orwell. Had manys a session with them. Keego and Derek Kelly are still in Tymon. R.I.P Darren he was a sound fella and Keego's older brother Bo who has since passed aswell.

Knew a lot of the lads from orwell to......Raffo & Mark mainly.......have some crazy Videos of Raffo from only a couple of years ago i couldnt put up here but needless to say they are the epitomy of the 48hr party:eek:......remember Mark used to say to me early on when we were going to the ASYLUM that we should blank the saturday night completley cause fridays tunes were so much better:cool:......after taking his advice it then became unthinkable to miss the ASYLUM on Friday or Saturday night & both nights had to be attended:pac::D:pac::D:pac::D
    I remember once in the ASYLUM on the top floor in the narrow short little corridor from the dancefloor to the back stairs i had met Doyler who had just come into the ASYLUM to get supplies & was going back to Tymon so i said i would blaze with him as it was about 6am anyway......place was packed to the hilt & everybody got jammed so you couldnt move forwards or back when a bloke beside us said joking "Were all fuc.ked if a fire breaks out" & i never seen anyone have superhuman strength before but it freaked Doyler & he pulled, pushed & almost punched his way through the crowd until we were out of the midddle of it......how he never even got it put up to him i dont know but we went on to have a great buzz up in his gaff & Bo was there that morning also.....met doyler a couple of times up to that crack just coming in to the ASYLUM to get supplies.....R.I.P. Doyler & Bo
    RastaRed wrote: »
    Those were the days allright, remember those kegs of smithicks and the 2p coins well, from Drimnagh meself but used to hang around with the lads up in bunting, used to see the walkinstown lads all the time, used to sit beside eddie mcnevin in school, sound bloke RIP, fcukin sad what happened, martin toland was another mad fcuker from walkinstown in our school, last time I seen paki o'toole was in the sub for one of the liverpool games, still a mad bast*rd

I remember a coulpe of the lads from Bunting Road that used to come up & drink with us behind the school in greenhills.....Nando & Conway......both went the wrong road unfortunatley.......was a couple of the boys from bunting road though that we didnt see eye to eye with.......couple of lads from Bunting that were scum actually.......sorry to offend but thats what they were.
    Ye eddie was one of the Quiet ones alright just doesnt add up sometimes the way things go but things are the way they are & ya cant think to much about all the badness that came out of it or youd go mental......RIP to all the good blokes we lost along the way;)

Knew a lot of the lads from orwell to......Raffo & Mark mainly.......have some crazy Videos of Raffo from only a couple of years ago i couldnt put up here but needless to say they are the epitomy of the 48hr party:eek:......remember Mark used to say to me early on when we were going to the ASYLUM that we should blank the saturday night completley cause fridays tunes were so much better:cool:......after taking his advice it then became unthinkable to miss the ASYLUM on Friday or Saturday night & both nights had to be attended:pac::D:pac::D:pac::D
    I remember once in the ASYLUM on the top floor in the narrow short little corridor from the dancefloor to the back stairs i had met Doyler who had just come into the ASYLUM to get supplies & was going back to Tymon so i said i would blaze with him as it was about 6am anyway......place was packed to the hilt & everybody got jammed so you couldnt move forwards or back when a bloke beside us said joking "Were all fuc.ked if a fire breaks out" & i never seen anyone have superhuman strength before but it freaked Doyler & he pulled, pushed & almost punched his way through the crowd until we were out of the midddle of it......how he never even got it put up to him i dont know but we went on to have a great buzz up in his gaff & Bo was there that morning also.....met doyler a couple of times up to that crack just coming in to the ASYLUM to get supplies.....R.I.P. Doyler & Bo

I remember a coulpe of the lads from Bunting Road that used to come up & drink with us behind the school in greenhills.....Nando & Conway......both went the wrong road unfortunatley.......was a couple of the boys from bunting road though that we didnt see eye to eye with.......couple of lads from Bunting that were scum actually.......sorry to offend but thats what they were.
    Ye eddie was one of the Quiet ones alright just doesnt add up sometimes the way things go but things are the way they are & ya cant think to much about all the badness that came out of it or youd go mental......RIP to all the good blokes we lost along the way;)

Met Raffo a few weeks back, he is not in a good way at all,no chance of him getting better either.

Met Raffo a few weeks back, he is not in a good way at all,no chance of him getting better either.

Well 20 years of abuse is enough to do it to the best of em......even the stones would hold Raffo in esteem for his dedication to the Party:D

• Advertisement

Well 20 years of abuse is enough to do it to the best of em......even the stones would hold Raffo in esteem for his dedication to the Party:D

True, he is living in rented accomodation in Tallaght and the landlord cant get anyone to share it with him so he's delighted with himself,mad yoke.

Just thinking about Doyler,Keego,Bo,Noely Byrne,Fishy,Derek Kelly etc. The situations you'd up with them sometimes. We used to go to the Spawell every week at one stage (when all the old clubs had gone). One night after the Spawell we ended up in a flat on Leinster Road and someone decided lets all do the booze cruise. So off we went in taxi's and ended up on a boat to Hollyhead. I was supposed to be in work so had to get Fat Darren to ring in for me, he made such a f*ck up of the fone call!
    Got to Hollyhead,nothing there bar one or two pubs which we were all quickly barred from. Ended up missing the boat back. Some crack! They ended up putting us on some other boat just to get us out of there. Us with our trays of cans and ghetto blaster and not a care in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

I knew a Paki from the raves years ago, I think he was from Lucan, he had a shaved head, mad little fuker

True, he is living in rented accomodation in Tallaght and the landlord cant get anyone to share it with him so he's delighted with himself,mad yoke.

I remember the flat Raffo had on leinster road in the same gaff that Jamber & Polcox lived in.....it was the basement out the back & he had it for £8 a week & didnt give a rats what it was like as long as he could crash there......jambers dog ended up chewing through the door & destroyed everything:D
    Just thinking about Doyler,Keego,Bo,Noely Byrne,Fishy,Derek Kelly etc. The situations you'd up with them sometimes. We used to go to the Spawell every week at one stage (when all the old clubs had gone). One night after the Spawell we ended up in a flat on Leinster Road and someone decided lets all do the booze cruise. So off we went in taxi's and ended up on a boat to Hollyhead. I was supposed to be in work so had to get Fat Darren to ring in for me, he made such a f*ck up of the fone call!
    Got to Hollyhead,nothing there bar one or two pubs which we were all quickly barred from. Ended up missing the boat back. Some crack! They ended up putting us on some other boat just to get us out of there. Us with our trays of cans and ghetto blaster and not a care in the world!

Jaysus i used to buzz with all the lads you mentioned there:rolleyes: had some great buzzez with Noely in the Early houses & Up the Heller.....used to go Raving with Fishy, Keego, Doyler, Daisy & the three carey brothers in OLYMPIC & SIDES & back to flats on Palmerstown road & Leinster road.......buzzed in Fat Darrens flat on the very end of leinster road against his Birds better judgement a few times with Darren & the rest.....posted another story awwhile back about getting a Keg of Firstenberg one morning & all going back to Fat Darrens flat to drink it:D

I remember the flat Raffo had on leinster road in the same gaff that Jamber & Polcox lived in.....it was the basement out the back & he had it for £8 a week & didnt give a rats what it was like as long as he could crash there......jambers dog ended up chewing through the door & destroyed everything:D

Jaysus i used to buzz with all the lads you mentioned there:rolleyes: had some great buzzez with Noely in the Early houses & Up the Heller.....used to go Raving with Fishy, Keego, Doyler, Daisy & the three carey brothers in OLYMPIC & SIDES & back to flats on Palmerstown road & Leinster road.......buzzed in Fat Darrens flat on the very end of leinster road against his Birds better judgement a few times with Darren & the rest.....posted another story awwhile back about getting a Keg of Firstenberg one morning & all going back to Fat Darrens flat to drink it:D

I only got to know the lads after the Olympic & Sides days but ended up in Leinster Road many's a nite!
    My other half used to dj at all Raffo's parties and his 21st and stuff. He did a few parties for Keego and those up in Jobstown and Tallaght aswell.

I only got to know the lads after the Olympic & Sides days but ended up in Leinster Road many's a nite!
    My other half used to dj at all Raffo's parties and his 21st and stuff. He did a few parties for Keego and those up in Jobstown and Tallaght aswell.

I was at Raffos 21st......it was a joint 21st for Kells aswell wasnt it up in Faughs GAA??
    Remember a crazy party in a gaff in Jobstown Keego & Doyler were at aswell......i had painted the Pentagram & Key from the ASYLUM Logo on the wall in the hall as you walked in......keego stuck all sorts of mad sh.it to the roof in the kithcen just to confuse the wiped out of it heads like three made up skins & a broken smoke, Photos of nothing but blurred images & loads of other general nonsense like sweeping brush & Knife & Fork.....we made the upsatirs back room into a smoking room with four three seater sofas around the room.....& i remember the local IRA head (i was told) bangin the door at must have been around 3 am & keego running down the hall when someone was about to open it & flying kicked it shut saying no one is to open the door & the party is not ending.......sure enough we were there until well into the next day:D

I was at Raffos 21st......it was a joint 21st for Kells aswell wasnt it up in Faughs GAA??
    Remember a crazy party in a gaff in Jobstown Keego & Doyler were at aswell......i had painted the Pentagram & Key from the ASYLUM Logo on the wall in the hall as you walked in......keego stuck all sorts of mad sh.it to the roof in the kithcen just to confuse the wiped out of it heads like three made up skins & a broken smoke, Photos of nothing but blurred images & loads of other general nonsense.....we made the upsatirs back room into a smoking room with four three seater sofas around the room.....& i remember the local IRA head (i was told) bangin the door at must have been around 3 am & keego running down the hall when someone was about to open it & flying kicked it shut saying no one is to open the door & the party is not ending.......sure enough we were there until well into the next day:D

Was at the same parties myself,thats mad! Remember all the stuff around the house alright. Didnt know what to make of it when we got there first!The other half was doing DJ but that was before I even knew Keego and Doyler just thought they were mad yokes. Remember Keego organised a whip around for Jay at the end of it.

Was at the same parties myself,thats mad! Remember all the stuff around the house alright. Didnt know what to make of it when we got there first!The other half was doing DJ but that was before I even knew Keego and Doyler just thought they were mad yokes. Remember Keego organised a whip around for Jay at the end of it.

Was a friend of mines housewarming that was.....Anne & Al.....fair play to them cause they said we could do anything we wanted to the gaff before they decorated it as long as we didnt damage anything really like the doors or ceiling etc.......was some party alright loads of wiped out of heads:D:pac::D:pac::D:pac::D:pac:

Was a friend of mines housewarming that was.....Anne & Al.....fair play to them cause they said we could do anything we wanted to the gaff before they decorated it as long as we didnt damage anything really like the doors or ceiling etc.......was some party alright loads of wiped out of heads:D:pac::D:pac::D:pac::D:pac:

Think I remember Anne & Al - is that Meado. They got married and she ended up in the asylum in her wedding dress!

Jay was djing and providing some light refreshments at the same time that night at the party in Jobstown;)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Think I remember Anne & Al - is that Meado. They got married and she ended up in the asylum in her wedding dress!

That story is legendary, although I never seen it myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

Hi guys,
    not normally on this thread.....so here's an oldschool mix for ye.
    Did it last night on Kitchen-Sync.
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1880713

Its mostly oldschool tracks, but there is one or two newer tracks later on as I don't have a huge collection of oldschool tunes at the moment.
    Its the thought that counts. Enjoy.

Captain Random

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement