Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Below is my first post on this thread ages back & is the only footage i have got my hands on........that clip :rolleyes: you referenced there if its the youtube clip it was cut from this video........anyway i edited this footage to try & make it as good to watch as you can.......i have another video i made too i will bang up the post when i have time to look back for it;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55676062&postcount=2401

nice1 key, top man.:cool:
    had 2 d/l the media player as well 2 play it, wasn't workin on mp11.
    didn't realise the place was so small, kinda reminds me of the crypt in the temple. looked a whole lot bigger at the time i got in just before it closed down, (everythin looks bigger when your small).
    some hair do's on the birds, easily know it wasn't long after the 80's.
    lookin 4ward 2 the next installment, thanks again man.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭bmooney

Knew a lot of the lads from orwell to......Raffo & Mark mainly.......have some crazy Videos of Raffo from only a couple of years ago i couldnt put up here but needless to say they are the epitomy of the 48hr party:eek:......remember Mark used to say to me early on when we were going to the ASYLUM that we should blank the saturday night completley cause fridays tunes were so much better:cool:......after taking his advice it then became unthinkable to miss the ASYLUM on Friday or Saturday night & both nights had to be attended:pac::D:pac::D:pac::D
    I remember once in the ASYLUM on the top floor in the narrow short little corridor from the dancefloor to the back stairs i had met Doyler who had just come into the ASYLUM to get supplies & was going back to Tymon so i said i would blaze with him as it was about 6am anyway......place was packed to the hilt & everybody got jammed so you couldnt move forwards or back when a bloke beside us said joking "Were all fuc.ked if a fire breaks out" & i never seen anyone have superhuman strength before but it freaked Doyler & he pulled, pushed & almost punched his way through the crowd until we were out of the midddle of it......how he never even got it put up to him i dont know but we went on to have a great buzz up in his gaff & Bo was there that morning also.....met doyler a couple of times up to that crack just coming in to the ASYLUM to get supplies.....R.I.P. Doyler & Bo

I remember a coulpe of the lads from Bunting Road that used to come up & drink with us behind the school in greenhills.....Nando & Conway......both went the wrong road unfortunatley.......was a couple of the boys from bunting road though that we didnt see eye to eye with.......couple of lads from Bunting that were scum actually.......sorry to offend but thats what they were.
    Ye eddie was one of the Quiet ones alright just doesnt add up sometimes the way things go but things are the way they are & ya cant think to much about all the badness that came out of it or youd go mental......RIP to all the good blokes we lost along the way;)

yeh i no nando and brian conway seen conway a few weeks ago in town was with eddies ma and da last weekend in the elenora yeh was sum scum from bunting alrite u no wizzy from walkinstown mad ****er

turks wrote: »
    there is footage floatin about getin it is another thing tho,mw has some and dilly has some,shame wud love to c a few clips:(

the person 2 ask is caf he has hours of footage he is the one who put the clip of sides up on youtube he goes under genfx 303 on youtube sound bloke caf him and mick walsh were nr gex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Juicy Lucy wrote: »
    Think I remember Anne & Al - is that Meado. They got married and she ended up in the asylum in her wedding dress!

Jay was djing and providing some light refreshments at the same time that night at the party in Jobstown;)

Yep thats right it was anne & meado's housewarming......anne was an ASYLUM devout alright spending many a night talking to Mickey Mouse....
    MouseHouse.jpg

What was your fella Jay's second name if you dont mind me askin?
    es-cee wrote: »
    didn't realise the place was so small, kinda reminds me of the crypt in the temple. looked a whole lot bigger at the time i got in just before it closed down, (everythin looks bigger when your small).

Just checked & three out of four links are dead.......thats the second time thats happened for some reason.......wont use Rapidshare for it again......will give you a shout when its up again;)
    bmooney wrote: »
    the person 2 ask is caf he has hours of footage he is the one who put the clip of sides up on youtube he goes under genfx 303 on youtube sound bloke caf him and mick walsh were nr gex

Ye CAF hasnt been on here in a good while but his site is still running but no sign of an ASYLUM Vid just yet:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Juicy Lucy

Yep thats right it was anne & meado's housewarming......anne was an ASYLUM devout alright spending many a night talking to Mickey Mouse....
    MouseHouse.jpg

What was your fella Jay's second name if you dont mind me askin?

I got to know Anne and Meado very well through a fella I used to go out with Parky from Orwell. Had many's a night and day with them. They were sound.Used to drink with them in The Pines aswell. They moved to Clondalkin and I was in their house there aswell. Then he got into a spot of bother thats the last I heard of them. Do you still see them?

Jay's second name is Murphy originally from Millbrook Lawns then moved to Templeouge.

• Advertisement

I got to know Anne and Meado very well through a fella I used to go out with Parky from Orwell. Had many's a night and day with them. They were sound.Used to drink with them in The Pines aswell. They moved to Clondalkin and I was in their house there aswell. Then he got into a spot of bother thats the last I heard of them. Do you still see them?

Jay's second name is Murphy originally from Millbrook Lawns then moved to Templeouge.

I do see them from time to time & was in their gaff in Clondalkin a good few times buzzing......annes brother is the chap i mentioned a few pages back i used to buzz with in SIDES, Paul but he is unfortunatley passed on also RIP ......had some sessions in their gaff in clondalkin with paul.......I remember once we had been up all night with Lou Reed & a couple of Lighter flints;):pac: & the next day a romanian beggar knocked the door with a big smile of gold teeth looking for money needless to say paul told him to fu.ck off & go sell some of them teeth out of your head ya bastard:D.......i knew parky aswell but its been a long time now.......i was thinking of another Jay from Orwell called Kenna that DJ'd ......some serious collection of Vinyl he has to & banged out some great stuff in the Purple onion......small world it is:cool:

Another time i remember meeting anne & al in the boozer & doing three of these trips called globes........

http://www.blotterart.net/gallery/album27

Anyway we decided to take a spin up to the view point just after the Heller to trip of the lights & have a few gargles........on the way back down i was in the back of als van with one other mate & mates sister.....she started freaking out that al was driving to fast & he was going to kill us & we all just kept telling her to shut up it grand but al was getting freaked & distracted & turned for a second to tell her to cool it & next thing you know the van is tumbling over & over:eek:.......dont know how many times it tumbled but i remember i had just lit up a spliff & i was watching the orange tip go from one side to the other of the van syaing to myself that it will be grand when the spliff stops moving:D
    When it did eventually stop we got out & the van was on its side on the hill that leads down to firhouse.....we tried to roll it back up onto its wheels but it kept sliding in diesel that was on the road........anne had busted her nose & lip wide open on the dash & i nearly broke my back off a bit of wood but we just kept it cool smoking the spliff that i rescued while we decided what were going to do.......a minute must have only went by & a car with three huge bodybuilder blokes pulls up....now i sh.it you not thses guys were built like houses & we told them we tried to get the van over but couldnt then the three of them like a strong man competition got on the other side of the van & started screaming coooome ooooooon & launched the van back onto its wheels (it was trippy:D).....they then put us wide that they had passed a squad car only a minute or two earlier so to watch out & we all piled back into the van.......by the time we got it back to greenhillls it had sunk in with al that the van was fuc.kin wrecked & he called it a night........Van was half owned by him & half owned by Doyler......i went on to have a buzz in my maates shed till 7 am that they had converted into a rave where this track was played as an anthem;)

Van Basten - Magnetic King
    i1ltadtal09

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Hi guys,
    not normally on this thread.....so here's an oldschool mix for ye.
    Did it last night on Kitchen-Sync.
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1880713

Its mostly oldschool tracks, but there is one or two newer tracks later on as I don't have a huge collection of oldschool tunes at the moment.
    Its the thought that counts. Enjoy.

Captain Random

Good on ya and fair play!! looks like you have a nice little setup there.
    Its a little bit cheesy for my liking but if your looking for any particular old tunes you should just ask here:D

Here are Links to another ASYLUM Vid i put together & original post below for info on content...........

http://rapidshare.com/files/151672978/ASYLUM_PAST-PRESENT.part1.rar
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RZRR2E6Q
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SFBARYG5
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FG5JVC25

Here are all four links to the new ASYLUM video i have been working on for a while now.....took a while to get em up......
    Any way the video has 12 thirty second clips from the original ASYLUM video i posted but left with the Original audio on em....these are Altern8 ing between clips of Photos of artwork from the ASYLUM that were painted on the walls of the ASYLUM....these have audio clips from the live mixes that have been posted by everyone here over them.....these go into clips from the Awakening more recentley (more like almost awoke & got a coppers batton in one eye but)mad.gif however the clips i got from a digital camera a sh.it as you can see fu.ck all in the dark.....then there is a heap load of flyers with audio over them on the end.......
    One or two from the mansion house in the flyers at the end of the vid...
    Sure it wont win the cannes film festival but here it is for what its worth
    A lot of content is thanks to everyone on here sharing what they have & across the web allowing downloads of material they have..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

I remember a coulpe of the lads from Bunting Road that used to come up & drink with us behind the school in greenhills.....Nando & Conway......both went the wrong road unfortunatley.......was a couple of the boys from bunting road though that we didnt see eye to eye with.......couple of lads from Bunting that were scum actually.......sorry to offend but thats what they were.
    Ye eddie was one of the Quiet ones alright just doesnt add up sometimes the way things go but things are the way they are & ya cant think to much about all the badness that came out of it or youd go mental......RIP to all the good blokes we lost along the way;)

No offence taken man, some crazy years hanging around with the o'reillys,lynchs and floods, cant argue that some of the stuff that went on wasnt right but I soon grew out of it when the gear started taking over, got away from that ****e pronto
    yeh i no nando and brian conway seen conway a few weeks ago in town was with eddies ma and da last weekend in the elenora yeh was sum scum from bunting alrite u no wizzy from walkinstown mad ****er

never forget the day wizzy decked one of the teachers in class in drimnagh castle, mad cnut:D

RastaRed wrote: »
    No offence taken man, some crazy years hanging around with the o'reillys,lynchs and floods, cant argue that some of the stuff that went on wasnt right but I soon grew out of it when the gear started taking over, got away from that ****e pronto

You hit the nail on the head with that one:rolleyes:
    I know everyone is responsible for their own actions & decisions but if it wasnt for them there would have been a lot less brass monkeys around walkinstown i'd say......ah.... C'est la Vie

• Advertisement

small world it is:cool:

Tis for sure!
    The only other fella I knew from that area was called Paul Cahill,used to always be in Sides too. Got caught up in the tack aswell.

Tis for sure!
    The only other fella I knew from that area was called Paul Cahill,used to always be in Sides too. Got caught up in the tack aswell.

I knew Paul Cahill aswell.....used to supply us the Dots for a while when we buzzing in the ASYLUM.......he really went downhill rapidly.......havnt seen him in it must be over 10 years now.

I knew Paul Cahill aswell.....used to supply us the Dots for a while when we buzzing in the ASYLUM.......he really went downhill rapidly.......havnt seen him in it must be over 10 years now.

Havent seen him in a long long time either. I met his sister a year or two ago and she said he had come good dont know if he stuck it out though. Knew him from Itchy Feet first then one night in Sides I was sitting down downstairs waffling to a fella about crap as you do for ages.Asking were each other was from etc then all of a sudden we both came too and realised we already knew who each other was. It was mad funny:eek:

good stuff man, in the middle of d/l'ing them now, can't wait 2 see them! do ya know if caf has any more we haven't seen? would love 2 see the place in full swing, i'd say its nuts.:eek:

RastaRed wrote: »

never forget the day wizzy decked one of the teachers in class in drimnagh castle, mad cnut:D

yeh remember that day i was a year ahead of them do u remember sports day and wizzy bringing the horse in to it or one day i was in 6th class and it was the day after the games in santry cant remember the name of it but the teachers went in 2 get the medals and left us all out in the yard ****ing packi got up on the sheds and did sum break danceing 4 the hole school off the nut that bloke dead sound bloke

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

I lost all (maybee some were stolen!) my decent mix tapes from 92-95 and im wondering is there anyone out there that might have copies of these two,Ed Case "Eye Q" and Dilly "Mu'Tazz" esp the Dilly one as it is in my opinion the best mixing/tracklisting from the Asylum.

I have just completed my first two attemps at mixing if anyone is interested.The B mix is 8 or 9 tunes of the Dilly mix that i can remember.Anyway hope you enjoy,Bilko.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ovomddlyii5/Bilko Mix A.mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yohmnedzjzy/Bilko Mix B (Dilly Mu'Tazz).mp3

those rar files wont open 4 us key, winrar keeps tellin me they're corrupt except 4 the rapidshare link. pitty was lookin 4ward 2 seein them.:(

i've got the '97 remixes of kim carnes - bette davis eyes here if any1 wants them, including album art work. heres a link 2 the folder.

sharekey=e95b1eec33b41a7f36df4e8dca141969ee1f99110b419f2e5621d66e282a0ee8
    mediafire

let us know if the link works out, 1st time postin a link this way.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭loveforcelbridg

Does anyone know of a song that came out before hong kong affair that has the "Donk" noise ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

Does anyone know of a song that came out before hong kong affair that has the "Donk" noise ?

Here ya are....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLIhhvWx_2o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭loveforcelbridg

Luke G wrote: »
    naaww, i mean like is there a song that was made before that with the donk noise ?

• Advertisement

good stuff man, in the middle of d/l'ing them now, can't wait 2 see them! do ya know if caf has any more we haven't seen? would love 2 see the place in full swing, i'd say its nuts.:eek:

Ye CAF has got loads of video but he has rightly told me that it couldnt be just put up in its Raw state for obvious reasons......hopefully soon he will do a job on a vid like the SIDES one;)
    those rar files wont open 4 us key, winrar keeps tellin me they're corrupt except 4 the rapidshare link. pitty was lookin 4ward 2 seein them.:(
    .:rolleyes:

Uploading that vid again now as one file hope this sorts it for ya;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

I've just this minute remembered a tune with a young girl saying "When I grow up I want to dance" can anyone Id this.Thnx.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    I've just this minute remembered a tune with a young girl saying "When I grow up I want to dance" can anyone Id this.Thnx.

The tune your after is (Liquid Wheel - Blue)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Johnnyd1977

The tune your after is (Liquid Wheel - Blue)

That just sent shivers down my spine!!!!:)...remember seeing them in the ormonde around 93/94 and doing laps of the place when that was played, skidding down the little slope towards the jacks where there was also a full rave going on :D...where's that time machine gone :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Cray92

Quite right,savage tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Was talking to Springer during the week in regards to olympic mixes.he was telling me that the decks in the olympic were in a 'disco coffin' and had no TAPE OUT on them to record stuff - this is why he never had any live recordings made there.
    The decks in the old days (92-95) had a single mono aux input that was MIC level, so on the new-years' eve gigs, they would play the countdown at midnight and had to feed it in here at very very low mic level from the headphone socket of the dat machine, same for when they played early tests of there first 3 singles.
    So to sum up: the setup at the olympic DID NOT HAVE A MIXER, it had an 'all-in-one' coffin case. so Lines in & out simply didnt exist.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Was talking to Springer during the week in regards to olympic mixes.he was telling me that the decks in the olympic were in a 'disco coffin' and had no TAPE OUT on them to record stuff - this is why he never had any live recordings made there.
    The decks in the old days (92-95) had a single mono aux input that was MIC level, so on the new-years' eve gigs, they would play the countdown at midnight and had to feed it in here at very very low mic level from the headphone socket of the dat machine, same for when they played early tests of there first 3 singles.
    So to sum up: the setup at the olympic DID NOT HAVE A MIXER, it had an 'all-in-one' coffin case. so Lines in & out simply didnt exist.:(
    Was it like the Deck set up in Abbey Discs when it was in the Mall?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement