Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 silver303

heres an early's 90s mix ...have a lot more from in s=da day on tape just taking some time to convert and sort n-joy ...next one is an patrick hyland from side's

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ioyrgyaqztr/Colin Moreh - Early 90s Mix (Unknown).mp3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Thanks one monster line up :eek: !!

Are you goin ?

better believe im going mate ive already told the missus she's looking after the baby:D,she doesn't mind as she's into Rave but not on the same scale as i am, id never forgive myself if i missed this, if it's half as good as Fantazia in Birmingham last NYE we're in for a treat but i think this will be even better...Raindance are the undisputed "dons" of the Rave scene and as far as im aware no other Rave organisation has been going as long (since 1989) i personally think that is amazing they are going after all this time.

I'm seriously not exaggerating when i say that that Raindance Raves are nothing short of legendary, you really need to experience it for yourself:)

DUB1 wrote: »
    lol i was wondering wat was going on as i was looking forward to the mix and when i seen my own u/ls i was :confused: lol

ps
    Yea that will be some buzz at raindance but i dont think il make it as il b going to the dam around that time :pac::pac::pac:

fuk the dam Marc you can go there anytime this is a one off,to go the 20th anniversary of the one of the all time greatest ever Rave organisations will be something you'll always remember, get yourself to London for Sep 19th;)

Not my bag at all but have a blast chief;)

you say that now mate but i guarantee you if you went to this you'd remember it for the rest of your life, NO ONE puts on a Rave like Raindance:):)

francois wrote: »
    Some line up all right-jaysus last time I saw the ragga twins was 1992 when I was DJing at the Trinity Ball

their first PA in 15 years, quite a coup by Raindance to get these legends out of retirement:)

• Advertisement

On a seperate note, im heading to this next week, a serious line up of House music legends and a special guest just announced today none other than the legendary Alison Limerick will be performing the classic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRGRdq17Z1c live, all for an bargain £10 as well amazing:):):)

I'm loving this from Raindance :):):)
    We wrote our names into history on that fateful evening back in September 1989. Our party at Jenkins Lane in east London was the first of its kind, the very first licensed rave to be held in the UK. We are number one, the first, the originators, the party starters and we’ve been doing it, bigger, better, harder and faster over and over for the last nineteen and a half years. Well now it’s the big one. The Twentieth Birthday Party. Two decades of debauched hedonistic festivals of rave all rolled in to one crazy marathon party and you’re invited. Raindance is seven raves in one, uniting all the various strands of our fractured club and rave scenes. Creating a unique party atmosphere where everyone is made welcome. The vibes will be electric. You, the Raindance ravers are widely regarded as the best on the planet, the most up for it, the most hardcore, the most diverse. Young and old, black and white, rudeboys and cyberpunks, 89 originals and 09 rave virgins – you are all Raindance and we salute you! Raindance is not just about headline acts, we don’t pay attention to who Mixmag’s flavour of the month is or who all the agents are trying to push. we wouldn’t watch top of the pops even if it was still on the telly. Raindance is about real rave music played by real rave DJ’s who are still in love with the scene. Some will be household names, Slipmatt, Billy Daniel Bunter, Kenny Ken, The Ratpack, Robbie Dee, Dj Ratty, Devious D,TC, Hixxy, Joey Riot, DJ Vibes, Carl Cox, Grooverider, Fabio, Mathew B (or Bushwaka),Trevor Fung, Colin Dale, DJ JD (calling himself John Digweed these days), SL2, Moby, The Prodigy (apparently they’ve done alright for themselves), Shades of Rhythm and N-Joi (neither having done quite so well we’ve heard - lol), and others will be less known to those outside of Raindance. But remember our old saying, superstar wall to wall superstar DJ and MC lines-ups, do not a great party necessarily make, and Raindance is the party for those that know, so come and discover tomorrows dj’s and acts today. This will be the party that officially marks 20 years of rave and dance music in the UK. Forget anything else that is claiming to do the same, they can try, but we started it and so our twentieth birthday party is also the scenes twentieth birthday party. The tunnel will be shut creating an amazing outdoor area (license permitting – remember the eighteenth birthday!), there will be all sorts of surprises in store for the lucky thousands that manage to make it into the event. This will sell out. do not miss out. This party is a one off. A chance to celebrate twenty years of the greatest cultural explosion of our generation(s).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Gen:FX

Howdy folks...

Video = C-Quence - Move it Everybody.
    Live @ the Ormond Multimedia Center (1996)

It's been a while since I've been around these parts... ahem, loooooong story,... surfice to click below. A lot / most of this video is rare. OK! -

psssssss - Listen, it's gettin' closer.
    Three One / Ten / 2009 :p

Regards.
    CAF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Gen:FX

Holy lampin mother of sufferin' st' joseph' - Just after blowin' the f%&k out'a me amp.... again.

Jeeeeeze :P (Thats number 9... :o )

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Gen:FX wrote: »
    Howdy folks...

It's been a while since I've been around these parts... ahem, loooooong story,... surfice to click below. A lot / most of this video is rare. OK! -

Regards.
    CAF.

Brilliant, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭CelticSpirit

Howdy folks...

Regards.
    CAF.

Great stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 JohnnyL

Anybody know the name of this tune,

It has vocals,

I'm a robot,
    I'm an android,
    Whats that.

It has metal mickey out of Buck Roggers, saying

Bigi bibi bigi , do you want to dance,

Has a good piano part int it also.

General Base - Bidi Bidi(Do you wanna dance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAjyUoF928Q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭NovaGSi

Howdy folks...

Regards.
    CAF.

Animal stuff:eek:

Cheers,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

JohnnyL wrote: »
    General Base - Bidi Bidi(Do you wanna dance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAjyUoF928Q

Nice one mate, that's the one, Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Howdy folks...

Regards.
    CAF.

good stuff;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Quality footage yet again Caf ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Howdy folks...

Regards.
    CAF.

pure quality yet again !!! :D Thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Howdy folks...

Regards.
    CAF.

Your back with a bang CAF, nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

I Don't suppose anyone has this track on mp3?
    thanks

paddy

Stone Circle Deep In You

Here ya go Paddy..........just check your PM;)

Brilliant Caf i remember that tune the business:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Howdy folks...

Regards.
    CAF.

Nice one chief but any chance you can fire it up on your web site any time soon cant see feckin youtube here:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

just got my hands on 4 VHS tapes. Recordings from Mayday Germany, two from 1995 and two from 97. Record off satellite back then.

Should be interesting watching :D

if there any good ill upload them..

Morning folks,

heading to Frankfurt on Thursday morning, I'll be staying their one night only - heading on up to Spa for the GP in a camper van via the Nurburgring on Friday morn...thats another story:)

Anyway, does anyone have any clubs to recommend in Frankfurt??? Looking for techno, plain and simple stuff a bit dark and dirty maybe:D

A bit like this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=178ou4nnU7k

Cheers,
    Mick

NovaGSi wrote: »
    Morning folks,

heading to Frankfurt on Thursday morning, I'll be staying their one night only - heading on up to Spa for the GP in a camper van via the Nurburgring on Friday morn...thats another story:)

Anyway, does anyone have any clubs to recommend in Frankfurt??? Looking for techno, plain and simple stuff a bit dark and dirty maybe:D

A bit like this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=178ou4nnU7k

Cheers,
    Mick
    leave it with me and i will find out for ya if there is anything good on..
    i talk to a few friends from Frankfurt.. Hopefuly something is on in the Tanzhaus West ,you would love that club. Will get back to ya anyway.

derra wrote: »
    leave it with me and i will find out for ya if there is anything good on..
    i talk to a few friends from Frankfurt.. Hopefuly something is on in the Tanzhaus West ,you would love that club. Will get back to ya anyway.

:DExcellent

Cheers,
    Mick

• Advertisement

And whilst on the video buzz , got a dvd a while back from friends in Frankfurt.
    I cut out some of the interviews etc and just joined up the best bits,which is Cosmic Baby in the Omen in '93 and the end of the Omen (footage from outside the club)..Quality is not great but nice to have in the collection all the same :)
    Check out Sven Vath on a happy buzz :pac::pac:
    Lost a few minutes to keep it under 300 MB :rolleyes:
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/ah251c3/n/omencosmic_avi
    omen.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement