Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

aceberg wrote: »
    like to know the name of them 2 tracks meself.

just had a listen to 16 there.another couple of tracks on there could do with getting an id on.don't suppose you know the last track on side b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Evening Lads & Lasses of the old skool variety.

I recently recorded my 1st old skool mix on the 1s & 2s and thought it best to post in here as I would really appreciate any feedback from
    posters on this forum. Its by no means perfect but Im happy enough with it. Couple of little messy bits here and there but alas!!!

A bit of background about myself, Im only 25 but absolutely love all the oldies more than anything and I collect all them on vinyl, I got my 1st set of decks 3 years ago after years of wanting to!! I grew up listening to dance music as Im the youngest of 4 siblings and the lot of them were into the scene back in the day. If I could have one wish in this world it would be that I was born ten years earlier so I could have experienced the dance explosion. :pac:

Anyways the mix is a collection of some of my favourite tunes of all time.

Hope yee all enjoy and as I said i'd appreciate any feedback. ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/?q3wadjquiyd

Tracklist

1. Choo Ables "Hard to Get"
    2. Funk Machine "I've closed the Door"
    3. Paolino & Gianni Bini "I'm Falling" (F.O.S Theory)
    4. Slam "Eterna"
    5. Mombassa "Cry Freedom"
    6. The Wildchild Experience "Let me tell you"
    7. Coco Steel & Lovebomb "Feel It" (My favourite tune of all time!):p
    8. Deep Beats Volume 1
    9. Solar Plexus "Solar Plexus"
    10. V.O.A.T "Moonchild"
    11. Karen Pollock "You cant touch me"
    12. M.A.W feat. Xavier Gold "Gonna get back to us"
    13. Intuition "Dance with me"
    14. Atelier "Got to live Together"

what a superb tracklisting,will download this later and listen:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭loveforcelbridg

That moonchild tune is really good, it's my ringtone haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

jonny68 wrote: »
    what a superb tracklisting,will download this later and listen:)

Cheers jonny, hope you enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Rubicon09

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GGrVwyzPS7k&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GGrVwyzPS7k&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Rubicon09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGrVwyzPS7k why wont the videos upload..iv copied the embedded url ..the video should upload..are am i missing something ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

francois wrote: »

Nice one for the links chief will have a browse through em properly when i have a chance:cool:
    like to know the name of them 2 tracks meself.

just had a listen to 16 there.another couple of tracks on there could do with getting an id on.don't suppose you know the last track on side b

Have to laugh at your last post Ace:rolleyes: are you asking yourself tha question:D

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭daragh_k

Ace I think there is a tracklisting floating around somewhere courtesy of Keno!!

However the 2 tracks in question were still unkown!!

Nice one for the links chief will have a browse through em properly when i have a chance:cool:

Have to laugh at your last post Ace:rolleyes: are you asking yourself tha question:D

i know man.first sign of madness,talking to yourself,as they say.

"I've been mad for ****ing years, absolutely years, been over the edge for yonks, been working me buns off for bands..."

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the
    most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

ok i've decided i'm going to embed the red writing into my signature.how do i do it.:D

• Advertisement

daragh_k wrote: »
    Ace I think there is a tracklisting floating around somewhere courtesy of Keno!!

However the 2 tracks in question were still unkown!!

cheers darragh i'll get onto ken.

ok i've decided i'm going to embed the red writing into my signature.how do i do it.:D

Click USERCP on top left of page & Edit signature then paste in the text & save.....thats it......

I did hear they say talking to yourself is the first sign of madness but i also heard after that that answering your self is really the first sign of madness..........

Is it really?????.........

Yes it is:eek:;):D

Click USERCP on top left of page & Edit signature then paste in the text & save.....thats it......

I did hear they say talking to yourself is the first sign of madness but i also heard after that that answering your self is really the first sign of madness..........

Is it really?????.........

Yes it is:eek:;):D

yeah did that a few minuates ago there key.now lets see if it works.yeah nice 1 that worked.What about the aviator can't seem that to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭NovaGSi

Never got into Frankfurt in the end:o...too many early morning Pint Bottles in Dub and a few beers on the plane, so we were late picking up the camper van. We had to head straight back to Hann to make a pick up on Friday morning.

Anyway, after plenty of driving (I got 158kph out of the Camper going downhill, all the passengers were ****tting it :D)we eventually got to Spa on Sat afternoon and watched F1 qualifing and support races etc (very good for those who care).
    That evening was beer, food and building a big fire. The camp site was in the middle of a forest so plenty of fire wood.

At about 01:00hrs myself and the bro headed up into the camp site to see what was going on, fireworks going off everywhere, fires burning, people shouting and screaming, madness, it reminded me of going camping in Enniskerry or even scenes from Apocacplise Now:eek:

Then I started to hear a familiar sound..so we headed towards it...A RAVE...there was only about 30 heads, all French, giving lots. They had CD decks, lights, stobes, speakers all out of the side of a van:cool:It was excellent, we kept going until 05:00 then they ran out of petrol for the jenny:(
    The next morning I tried to find the place, not a hope, it was if they were never there:confused:
    But it was a fcukin deadly nite...:)

Cheers,
    Mick
    derra wrote: »
    From what i hear Mick ya seem to be out of luck for this Thurs. and would really wanna be heading to Frankfurt for a oldskool night as the scene has changed so much over there, even getting anything to enhance the evening is a task in itself..
    With it being a Thursday night your looking to go out your not spoilt for choice either unfortunately,am told the places would not be busy..
    Few things that are on but don't think it be our cup of tea especially with track ya posted which is brilliant but unless it's an oldskool night ya won't be hearing anything like it..
    So far i heard of these on and they be getting back to me if they spot anything else that would suit ya more, think U60311 club is split into two sections,minimal and hard techno ,so hopefully something could be on there.
    Anyway will keep ya posted if anything is recommended :)
    23:00 Uhr
    Marvin Hinkel & Friends
    Vinylbar (Frankfurt am Main)

22:00 Uhr
    Electronic Lifestyle
    U60311 / U-Bar (Frankfurt/Main)

20:00 Uhr
    Julian Smith
    Unity (Frankfurt am Main)

yeah did that a few minuates ago there key.now lets see if it works.yeah nice 1 that worked.What about the aviator can't seem that to work.

Ya wont see your avatar when your logged in which is strange only when you logged out????

Sub note on Madness:

"men have called me mad, but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence - whether much that is glorious - whether all that is profound - does not spring from disease of thought - from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect"

NovaGSi wrote: »
    Then I started to hear a familiar sound..so we headed towards it...A RAVE...there was only about 30 heads, all French, giving lots. They had CD decks, lights, stobes, speakers all out of the side of a van:cool:It was excellent, we kept going until 05:00 then they ran out of petrol for the jenny:(
    The next morning I tried to find the place, not a hope, it was if they were never there:confused:

Cheers,
    Mick

Maybe they wernt......how much Narc's were involved:D:pac::p:);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭NovaGSi

Sub note on Madness:

"men have called me mad, but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence - whether much that is glorious - whether all that is profound - does not spring from disease of thought - from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect"

Maybe they wernt......how much Narc's were involved:D:pac::p:);)

No narc's (I haven't had the pleasure:D/pain:( in over 10 years), just beer, loads of German beer, 500ml plastic bottles of 5% gold:pac:

Cheers,
    Mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

NovaGSi wrote: »
    Never got into Frankfurt in the end:o...too many early morning Pint Bottles in Dub and a few beers on the plane, so we were late picking up the camper van. We had to head straight back to Hann to make a pick up on Friday morning.

Anyway, after plenty of driving (I got 158kph out of the Camper going downhill, all the passengers were ****tting it :D)we eventually got to Spa on Sat afternoon and watched F1 qualifing and support races etc (very good for those who care).
    That evening was beer, food and building a big fire. The camp site was in the middle of a forest so plenty of fire wood.

At about 01:00hrs myself and the bro headed up into the camp site to see what was going on, fireworks going off everywhere, fires burning, people shouting and screaming, madness, it reminded me of going camping in Enniskerry or even scenes from Apocacplise Now:eek:

Cheers,
    Mick
    Sounds ya had a good time anyway Mick :) And to stumble across that in the campsite ,happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

Hey all,I'm looking to Id few tunes.From what I can remember the first tune has lady saying 'Rock me now.....Feel good.....Give ya something.....That'll make ya move'

Tune two goes something like 'If you dont get it,smile,you like it'

Tune three 'You don't understand this...that's happening right now....now...now..now'

Tune four 'Perhaps I can find new ways to move it...to move it'

Any Ideas??

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    Tune three 'You don't understand this...that's happening right now....now...now..now'

Any Ideas??

Tune three is defo on one of the pressure tapes that im sure has been tracklisted on here.....someone should at least know that one.;)

Just thinkin about it now it might be another mix tape im thinkin of......i know i definetly have it on a tape recorded from Vinyl originally that would be easy to find if ya want it converted & put up??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Track 3 is Cool Invader or something like that. Think it's on Cool Recordings. It's a Dart Vader sample.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭bmooney

Hey all,I'm looking to Id few tunes.From what I can remember the first tune has lady saying 'Rock me now.....Feel good.....Give ya something.....That'll make ya move'

Tune two goes something like 'If you dont get it,smile,you like it'

Any Ideas??

1 grooveyard - watch me now

3 Dharma Bums - Dharma Means truth

4 kool World Productions - In-vader

have on mp3 if u want them m/8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭CelticSpirit

bmooney wrote: »
    1 grooveyard - watch me now

3 Dharma Bums - Dharma Means truth

4 kool World Productions - In-vader

have on mp3 if u want them m/8

Beat me to it with no3 bmooney.

Great track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-eawi27JiQ

Anyone know how to embed these in a post?

(you dont understand this whats happening right now)
    Dharma Bums - Dharma means truth
    ecgcnzd2t3n

(perhaps i can find new ways to motivate them)
    Kool world - Invader
    rxotfmrmmys

Grooveyard - Watch Me Now [Original Mix] mediafire

dzoeynfjnmz

dzoeynfjnmz

Nice one chief dont recognise the name will take that one now for a listen;)

dzoeynfjnmz
    Nice one chief dont recognise the name will take that one now for a listen;)

Yep recognise it now.....couldnt pin point where i buzzed off this track but i would hazard a guess at SIDES:confused: Nice one chief for that:D;)

Yep recognise it now.....couldnt pin point where i buzzed off this track but i would hazard a guess at SIDES:confused: Nice one chief for that:D;)

yep m/8 sides classic loved it when mick wud drop it in his set loved it off he nut

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭daragh_k

yep m/8 sides classic loved it when mick wud drop it in his set loved it off he nut

Fairplay to ye B u were quick off the mark with those ID's :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

Cheers Asylum/Bmooney for quick replys.I had forgotten bout some these tunes until I visited my mothers the other day and she handed me a box with bout thirty tapes in it.I thought I had lost everything,so you can imagine my face when I opened it.Straight away I said 'Where's my old Technics stereo ?'

After half an hour untangling wires I eventually got all the components working bar the foooking tape deck lol.I realy wanted to hear the tapes again and had to wait till monday evening till my bro fixed it.

Great! Everything in order,Tape deck..check,Tapes..check,headphones..check,5/6 hours spare..check.Then I stick Warren K 2 November'93 in...sit back crank the volume and to my horrer......Lino fooookin Ritchie 'I just called to say......'.One of my siblings has destroyed works of art.Im now left with nine listenable tapes of which three r pretty good.Anyway just thought id share that:(

Them tunes are actually off a Mick Walsh Tape,and im surprised at how good the quality is.Tnx again for the quick reply's lads.

• Advertisement

daragh_k wrote: »
    Fairplay to ye B u were quick off the mark with those ID's :pac:

whats the crack dar hows thing m/8 nice gig u have cuming up m/8

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement