Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭daragh_k

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    Cheers Asylum/Bmooney for quick replys.I had forgotten bout some these tunes until I visited my mothers the other day and she handed me a box with bout thirty tapes in it.I thought I had lost everything,so you can imagine my face when I opened it.Straight away I said 'Where's my old Technics stereo ?'

After half an hour untangling wires I eventually got all the components working bar the foooking tape deck lol.I realy wanted to hear the tapes again and had to wait till monday evening till my bro fixed it.

Great! Everything in order,Tape deck..check,Tapes..check,headphones..check,5/6 hours spare..check.Then I stick Warren K 2 November'93 in...sit back crank the volume and to my horrer......Lino fooookin Ritchie 'I just called to say......'.One of my siblings has destroyed works of art.Im now left with nine listenable tapes of which three r pretty good.Anyway just thought id share that:(

Them tunes are actually off a Mick Walsh Tape,and im surprised at how good the quality is.Tnx again for the quick reply's lads.

That reminds me of the day I found me old nike air tapebox with all me old tapes in..I converted most of them and posted them up here.. Ye should see if there are any u have that arent up and try get them converted to mp3

bmooney wrote: »
    whats the crack dar hows thing m/8 nice gig u have cuming up m/8

Ye we havent done one for a while with the so called SUMMER :D So looking forward to it mate... Good to do one with Devotion aswell we've been thinking of it for a long time...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭bmooney

daragh_k wrote: »
    Ye we havent done one for a while with the so called SUMMER :D So looking forward to it mate... Good to do one with Devotion aswell we've been thinking of it for a long time...:pac:

yeh looks a class nite dara long is a class dj and sound bloke from over my way and worked with him yeh **** all summer m/8 lol the norm in this kip

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

That reminds me of the day I found me old nike air tapebox with all me old tapes in..I converted most of them and posted them up here.. Ye should see if there are any u have that arent up and try get them converted to mp3

I'm slightly technologically backwards.How do I convert from tape to mp3.Any freeware to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

NovaGSi wrote: »
    At about 01:00hrs myself and the bro headed up into the camp site to see what was going on, fireworks going off everywhere, fires burning, people shouting and screaming, madness, it reminded me of going camping in Enniskerry or even scenes from Apocacplise Now:eek:

Then I started to hear a familiar sound..so we headed towards it...A RAVE...there was only about 30 heads, all French, giving lots. They had CD decks, lights, stobes, speakers all out of the side of a van:cool:It was excellent, we kept going until 05:00 then they ran out of petrol for the jenny:(
    The next morning I tried to find the place, not a hope, it was if they were never there:confused:
    But it was a fcukin deadly nite...:)

Cheers,
    Mick

That was your inner compass seeking that out :D:D:D
    Me and the lads were camping for two night in Wexford there only 2 weekends ago, beer, big fires, ???, and food. Great craic;)

• Advertisement

Very good, see the auld Radio City would be a poor second compared to the Vaults.

I'm slightly technologically backwards.How do I convert from tape to mp3.Any freeware to do this?

:D Ye im a bit like that meself mate "technologically backwards" but I managed to do it with a bit of help... Basically u need an old tapedeck with a phono line out (they arent easy to come by these days but ur old technics one might work) A laptop/PC with a soundcard and some software. I used cool edit but I think u can use various ones soundforge etc... Some of the lads on here are wizards on the PC so they will give u a better explanantion... Its a slow process I spent hrs converting the tapes in the beginning but its worth it for everyone to get them ,,plus if ur HD gets wiped which has happened to a few u can get them all back cause everyone has them !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Cheers Asylum/Bmooney for quick replys.I had forgotten bout some these tunes until I visited my mothers the other day and she handed me a box with bout thirty tapes in it.I thought I had lost everything,so you can imagine my face when I opened it.Straight away I said 'Where's my old Technics stereo ?'

After half an hour untangling wires I eventually got all the components working bar the foooking tape deck lol.I realy wanted to hear the tapes again and had to wait till monday evening till my bro fixed it.

Great! Everything in order,Tape deck..check,Tapes..check,headphones..check,5/6 hours spare..check.Then I stick Warren K 2 November'93 in...sit back crank the volume and to my horrer......Lino fooookin Ritchie 'I just called to say......'.One of my siblings has destroyed works of art.Im now left with nine listenable tapes of which three r pretty good.Anyway just thought id share that:(

Them tunes are actually off a Mick Walsh Tape,and im surprised at how good the quality is.Tnx again for the quick reply's lads.

what other tapes ya got m8.no point in ripping them if there already floating about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Rubicon09

bmooney wrote: »
    1 grooveyard - watch me now

3 Dharma Bums - Dharma Means truth

4 kool World Productions - In-vader

have on mp3 if u want them m/8
    choon 2 is of a house pressure tape ..its after the asylum..i know the choon ..will have to find the tape listen to it..then id it..cant think of hans if ye dont get it smile ye like ..it a pumpy house choon..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 djsk

Hey all,I'm looking to Id few tunes.From what I can remember the first tune has lady saying 'Rock me now.....Feel good.....Give ya something.....That'll make ya move'

Tune two goes something like 'If you dont get it,smile,you like it'

Tune three 'You don't understand this...that's happening right now....now...now..now'

Tune four 'Perhaps I can find new ways to move it...to move it'

Any Ideas??

2. ''Shaker: Lick It'' i think mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Sound quality would be far better from a tape as it is not a compressed format.......i still listen to my tapes in my car even though i have them mostly all converted to mp3;)

Heres what you need.......

1. This plugs into the headphone socket on your tape deck & the other end into the line in on your PC.......
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hama-Connection-Cable-3-5mm-Jack/dp/B0009V8W7I

2. This is the software that you need to convert the old recording.......
    http://www.amazon.com/Magix-Entertainment-639191131479-Audio-Cleaning/dp/B000V7UY2G

Give me a shout if you need anything else explained chief;)

Tnx again regarding converting old tapes to Mp3.While i'm here,Just threw together couple mix's today while playing poker online:eek:
    Hope they turned out ok as I havn't listned yet.There's some powerfull tunes in there! Here's the links anyway...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/heiy53ytklo/Bilko 'Tripwire'.mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lo43znnkatz/Bilko 'Ubiquity'.mp3

Tnx again regarding converting old tapes to Mp3.While i'm here,Just threw together couple mix's today while playing poker online:eek:
    Hope they turned out ok as I havn't listned yet.There's some powerfull tunes in there! Here's the links anyway...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/heiy53ytklo/Bilko 'Tripwire'.mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lo43znnkatz/Bilko 'Ubiquity'.mp3

Nice one chief.....as i read somewhere else.....cool as a polar bears piss:D
    Threw together a couple of mixes while playing poker......will give them a blast now chief;)

Some great tracks on both of them chief......can you give me the names of the tracks on the tripwire mix at.....

1. 40:31
    2. 54:30

Really liked both of these tracks for a long time but never knew the name of em.....

The first track im looking for the ID for is on this mix dont know if you ever grabbed it or not its an old tape i converted a good while back now im still not sure who it is on it.......i had written on the tape about 16 years ago now it was Parsley & Thyme live @ the ASYLUM as that is what i was told when i got it & copied it but since i have converted it & uploaded it elswhere on the Net i was told it was WarrenK......who knows now anyway its a great mix that i have enjoyed for many a year & im sure you will get a buzz off it;)

Parsley & Thyme?/Warren K? live @ the ASYLUM
    http://www.mediafire.com/?x5tl4awd2mo

Some great tracks on both of them chief......can you give me the names of the tracks on the tripwire mix at.....

1. 40:31
    2. 54:30

Really liked both of these tracks for a long time but never knew the name of em.....

The first track im looking for the ID for is on this mix dont know if you ever grabbed it or not its an old tape i converted a good while back now im still not sure who it is on it.......i had written on the tape about 16 years ago now it was Parsley & Thyme live @ the ASYLUM as that is what i was told when i got it & copied it but since i have converted it & uploaded it elswhere on the Net i was told it was WarrenK......who knows now anyway its a great mix that i have enjoyed for many a year & im sure you will get a buzz off it;)

Parsley & Thyme?/Warren K? live @ the ASYLUM
    http://www.mediafire.com/?x5tl4awd2mo

40.31 - Deep Creed - Warrior's Dance

54.30 - Lionrock - Tripwire

Before I download the mix,has it got cosmic baby - Fantasia / Mo Tune - Infinite Climax on it? If so,it is Warren K and I always had it in the tape deck! I bought it round the time my mate died.We called him 'chunk' and the Fantasia tune always reminds me of him as its similar to a piece of music in the movie 'The goonies'

Believe it or not,I had two laptops beside each other,one playing the game I love and one playing the music I love!And I made some bucks too lol

Glad u liked the mix's too mate..

Just another note regarding the mixing.I have no external sound card/midi console so I have to set up cue points on every tune and just pray I can get each tune in/out ok.

Can anyone recomend sound card/midi controller to do the job better so I can get bit more creative ??

Before I download the mix,has it got cosmic baby - Fantasia / Mo Tune - Infinite Climax on it?

Glad u liked the mix's too mate..

It does have Fantasia on it but not infinite climax (as far as i can remember) my memory has gone to sh.it......it has Ceasefire - Hardbag on it also if thats any help......sure youll know when you download it;)

Just another note regarding the mixing.I have no external sound card/midi console so I have to set up cue points on every tune and just pray I can get each tune in/out ok.

Can anyone recomend sound card/midi controller to do the job better so I can get bit more creative ??

I'll have a look & see what i can pull out of the bag for ya.....have quite a bit of software for this & that.

It does have Fantasia on it but not infinite climax (as far as i can remember) my memory has gone to sh.it......it has Ceasefire - Hardbag on it also if thats any help......sure youll know when you download it;)

I'll have a look & see what i can pull out of the bag for ya.....have quite a bit of software for this & that.

Ye thats it alright.Maybee Infinite climax isn't on it,thought it was:) That ceasfire tune is good too.Have it somewhere..

Cheers!!

Also you may have mp3 of a couple Warren mix's iv'e long lost,

First one is Warren K 2,Nov '93.It has a tune on it which iv'e been trying to Id.Beatnix,and that super trancer death before disco r on it too

The second one I got round '94 and it came in a cassette box similar to that of a DVD case.

Lemon project (fishy mix),Disco sluts - Full Flyte,Chapter 9 - Rollercoaster,Dopamine and Linear Logic - It's not over are on it.This Warren mix is IMO the best he's done and would like to hear both them among others again..

AHH,Just discovered the first half of that mix is Warren and the second half where the sound is better is unknow to me,prolly P and T as you suggested.Just coinsidence Fantasia is on it,as I was sure Mo tune was on that mix!!

Unfortunatly the other side of that warren mix is better:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Anyone here hear the new Crookers/Kelis dubstep collab? Its called No security, must say I like it right now.

• Advertisement

Also you may have mp3 of a couple Warren mix's iv'e long lost,

First one is Warren K 2,Nov '93.It has a tune on it which iv'e been trying to Id.Beatnix,and that super trancer death before disco r on it too

The second one I got round '94 and it came in a cassette box similar to that of a DVD case.

Heres all i have of Warren k thanks to Senan S for posting all these bar the Power FM one which i converted from an old tape........

Warren K

Theres a few from 1994 in there & sorry i cant help which ones which as i rename most files i download if they have similar names for obvious reasons & couldnt tell which ones match the medifire files now.......20 files in total ;)

Heres all i have of Warren k thanks to Senan S for posting all these bar the Power FM one which i converted from an old tape........

Warren K

Theres a few from 1994 in there & sorry i cant help which ones which as i rename most files i download if they have similar names for obvious reasons & couldnt tell which ones match the medifire files now.......20 files in total ;)

Cheers for that mate I'll get started hunting so!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

aceberg wrote: »
    like to know the name of them 2 tracks meself.

send me a sample horse

Heres a collection of tracks i threw together for a buzz....they are not mixed at all just cross faded over each other but its 8 hours of tunes in total in two mixes......

1. Tracks from the OLYMPIC i would play for two & a half hours if the OLYMPIC was open for one night again.....

One_night_in_the_OLYMPIC.WMA

Tracklist:
    OLYMPIC from 12:00PM to 2:30AM

1. K-Klass- Rhythm is a mystery
    2. Part e – Gimme your love
    3. X pansions – Move your body
    4. Hyper Go Go – Never let go
    5. Liberation – 2
    6. GTO - elevation
    7. Mukka – Neebro
    8. Felix – don’t you want me
    9. Give me love – Original mix
    10. Time frequency – New emotion
    11. Terrorise – Just a feeling
    12. Cappella – you got to know (club mix)
    13. Underworld – Rez
    14. Plastikman – Spastik
    15. Sound crowd – NRG Rush 93
    16. N-Trance – Set you free
    17. THK – France
    18. Sound Crowd – Ringsend
    19. Our tribe – I believe
    20. Guru Josh – Infinity
    21. Sound crowd – Dream Lover
    22. Mix factory – Take me away
    23. Pacific – 808 state
    24. Appolonia
    25. Guru Josh – Holographic dreams
    26. Ultracynic – Nothing lasts forever

2. Tracks from the ASYLUM i would play for 5 hours after the OLYMPIC if the ASYLUM was open for one night again.....

One_night_in_the_ASYLUM.WMA

Tracklist:
    ASYLUM from 3:00am to 8:00am

• Desert storm - Desert storm
    • Energy flash - Beltram
    • Alchemy – Sonexuno
    • Taiko – Echo Drop
    • Fever called love
    • For what you dream of - Bedrock
    • Land of creation - Submerge
    • The Edge – Sleepless
    • Harikari – Capricorn
    • Dreams – Quench
    • Infrequent Oscillation – Burning Phibes
    • Tin Tin Out
    • Warp 69
    • Lemon – U2
    • Slam – Intencities
    • Moments of inertia – Circle city
    • Reincarnation
    • positive education – slam
    • Narcotic influence – Empirion
    • Thin line
    • Poltergeist – Vicious circle
    • Delorme – Spanish fly
    • View finder – I want you all night
    • As dawn approaches – lionrock
    • Cosmonautica
    • Do it – tituta
    • Back II front – Viewfinder
    • the hook – house pimps
    • Magnetic King – Van Basten
    • Ceasefire – Hardbag
    • Pilgrimage to paradise – Sourmash
    • Castle trancelott – the gloom
    • Mo tune – Infinite Climax
    • The garden of life – Dee rex
    • Mrs. Wood – Calamity Jane
    • LSG – Fragile
    • LSD – Hallucinogen
    • Marquessa
    • The first voyage – Pyrate
    • Coloured vision – Violet rain
    • Marmion Shoenberg
    • Warriors Groove
    • Marc de claude – Tolouse
    • Skiddly wah – the unkown
    • Lush 3-1 – Orbital
    • Trancespotter
    • Sabres of Paradise – Smokebelch II
    • Q-Sound – Good night
    • Void – Orcana

Heres a collection of tracks i threw together for a buzz....they are not mixed at all just cross faded over each other but its 8 hours of tunes in total in two mixes......

1. Tracks from the OLYMPIC i would play for two & a half hours if the OLYMPIC was open for one night again.....

One_night_in_the_OLYMPIC.WMA

Tracklist:
    OLYMPIC from 12:00PM to 2:30AM

1. K-Klass- Rhythm is a mystery
    2. Part e – Gimme your love
    3. X pansions – Move your body
    4. Hyper Go Go – Never let go
    5. Liberation – 2
    6. GTO - elevation
    7. Mukka – Neebro
    8. Felix – don’t you want me
    9. Give me love – Original mix
    10. Time frequency – New emotion
    11. Terrorise – Just a feeling
    12. Cappella – you got to know (club mix)
    13. Underworld – Rez
    14. Plastikman – Spastik
    15. Sound crowd – NRG Rush 93
    16. N-Trance – Set you free
    17. THK – France
    18. Sound Crowd – Ringsend
    19. Our tribe – I believe
    20. Guru Josh – Infinity
    21. Sound crowd – Dream Lover
    22. Mix factory – Take me away
    23. Pacific – 808 state
    24. Appolonia
    25. Guru Josh – Holographic dreams
    26. Ultracynic – Nothing lasts forever

2. Tracks from the ASYLUM i would play for 5 hours after the OLYMPIC if the ASYLUM was open for one night again.....

One_night_in_the_ASYLUM.WMA

Tracklist:
    ASYLUM from 3:00am to 8:00am

• Desert storm - Desert storm
    • Energy flash - Beltram
    • Alchemy – Sonexuno
    • Taiko – Echo Drop
    • Fever called love
    • For what you dream of - Bedrock
    • Land of creation - Submerge
    • The Edge – Sleepless
    • Harikari – Capricorn
    • Dreams – Quench
    • Infrequent Oscillation – Burning Phibes
    • Tin Tin Out
    • Warp 69
    • Lemon – U2
    • Slam – Intencities
    • Moments of inertia – Circle city
    • Reincarnation
    • positive education – slam
    • Narcotic influence – Empirion
    • Thin line
    • Poltergeist – Vicious circle
    • Delorme – Spanish fly
    • View finder – I want you all night
    • As dawn approaches – lionrock
    • Cosmonautica
    • Do it – tituta
    • Back II front – Viewfinder
    • the hook – house pimps
    • Magnetic King – Van Basten
    • Ceasefire – Hardbag
    • Pilgrimage to paradise – Sourmash
    • Castle trancelott – the gloom
    • Mo tune – Infinite Climax
    • The garden of life – Dee rex
    • Mrs. Wood – Calamity Jane
    • LSG – Fragile
    • LSD – Hallucinogen
    • Marquessa
    • The first voyage – Pyrate
    • Coloured vision – Violet rain
    • Marmion Shoenberg
    • Warriors Groove
    • Marc de claude – Tolouse
    • Skiddly wah – the unkown
    • Lush 3-1 – Orbital
    • Trancespotter
    • Sabres of Paradise – Smokebelch II
    • Q-Sound – Good night
    • Void – Orcana

Good man, will give this a listen, when are thses nights:D

Does anyone have a copy of EJAY the DJ Software.
    I thunk DJAL is the man for this;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

senan s wrote: »
    send me a sample horse

will do Senan as soonas i get a chance to rip them.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

any1 have any other live asylum mixes of pressure, other than wanted and the other 1 with the poxy MC from may '94, as well as the 2 dj rob 1's.

there the only 4 i've come across and was just wonderin if there were any more.
    cheers.:)

aceberg wrote: »
    will do Senan as soonas i get a chance to rip them.:D

no rush, ye know yourself

• Advertisement

es-cee wrote: »
    any1 have any other live asylum mixes of pressure, other than wanted and the other 1 with the poxy MC from may '94, as well as the 2 dj rob 1's.

there the only 4 i've come across and was just wonderin if there were any more.
    cheers.:)

I'd say there's only 1 live recording from pressure, thats the 21st of may

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement