Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

Fair play to Senan for nailing this one and to Derra for upping it on YT.WP guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

NovaGSi wrote: »
    Yeah, it's great to be working and doing something that I like.

Most people don't realise how good they have it, I always had a fair idea that i had a good job, now i know I had a deadly job but feel lucky to have a good job now!
    As for public sector workers, reality has yet to visit them....never mind the likes of the unions fighting cost reductions and changes in working conditions....it was the unions fault I was made redundant...fact...get rid of them all.....rant over:p
    Cheers,
    Mick

I lost a great job over unions years ago, TEEU = Muppets;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    I lost a great job over unions years ago, TEEU = Muppets;)

Should really go for a job in the Unions lads.......no cut backs in SIPTU by the looks of it if they have the cash in times like this to pull down liberty hall & rebuild it.......

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1008/libertyhall.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Have that Breakdown 12" - wouldn't have even clicked that it was the Dark mix had I listened to the clip you posted.... years since I've listened to it.

This is a huge favourite of mine, also from One Dove... White Love (Slam Mix)

Yeah nice tune that Felix :)
    senan s wrote: »
    i told ye not to say anything?? :D:D thats the only side i ever played on that record, never listened to the other side until 13 years later, FFS :eek:
    Must be missing out on some serious tunes by not listening to the other side, doubt it's the first time that happened ..
    sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    Fair play to Senan for nailing this one and to Derra for upping it on YT.WP guys!
    Always good to get a tune id in the end, now lets see whats next :D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭moany

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 mickam

hey senan heres that tune you where askin me about.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=cb553e7e90f8d711dd8b33b5aa27078d

I'll try my best with vocals on these,as iv'e no samples

1) This tune has part in it that he says something like Voilla.. Voilla.. pretty bangin tune with flute type sound.

2)this one goes Your......No......Ordinary.......Joe

3)I dreamed I crossed the Ocean,That someone like you would come into my life....Come into my life.This is a real nice sounding tune at breaks and would love copy of it.

4)And last i'd say you guys will know this as it starts off,The end of the earth is upon us..Pretty soon it'll all turn to dust.

Time to put thinking caps on:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Lads - early days yet but very exciting news for NYE, 2 heavyweights of the Rave scene the legendary Raindance have teamed up with "little brother" Moondance, and will be staging a joint Rave in London.

No line up yet but expect the finest DJ's and PA's from the Rave scene to come together in what will be a memorable Rave that cant be missed.

Pre Rave flyer - more news when available...
    http://www.hiddenclub.co.uk/eflyers/md/nye/ef1/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

moany wrote: »

was actually playing that last night, the a side is far better, dug out a good few franfurtbeats to listen to the b sides

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

'Groovalution' by Jump is a track that I only discovered in more recent years but knew the flip side 'Funkatarium' for years before it.

I was going through tunes a couple of years back while having a smoke and listening especially to B sides etc that I never really listened to before... this fckin hopped out at me, especially what it evolves into, a cracking tune which I definitely have a vague distant memory of hearing out somewhere... especially at 3:18

Oh and this is the more known A side... which I always had to play pitched right up.

• Advertisement

The two flip tunes also to 'Hulabaloo' by Probe on Limbo are two I only discovered in more recent times, can't believe I ignored them for years!!!

Again, discovered them with a sliff one night :pac:

Probe - Orca

Probe - Rapid 'R'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

1) This tune has part in it that he says something like Voilla.. Voilla.. pretty bangin tune with flute type sound.

3)I dreamed I crossed the Ocean,That someone like you would come into my life....Come into my life.This is a real nice sounding tune at breaks and would love copy of it.

4)And last i'd say you guys will know this as it starts off,The end of the earth is upon us..Pretty soon it'll all turn to dust.

4: is http://www.discogs.com/Committe-Trance-Line/release/304394

1 is Rachid Taha - Voila Voila (Pranksters Guitar Thud)

2 I'll come back to you on, defo know it.

3 is Abfahrt - Come Into My Life (SMILE Mix) ....I paid a fortune for this 12" a few years back, great tune.

Yeah I'm pretty sure number 2 is 'No Ordinary Joe' by Joe 90, not on youtube though...

http://www.discogs.com/Joe-90-No-Ordinary-Joe/release/451194

aceberg wrote: »

4 could also be 'So Get Up' by The Underground Sound of Lisbon. I'm sure those vocals were sampled a lot :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

'Groovalution' by Jump is a track that I only discovered in more recent years but knew the flip side 'Funkatarium' for years before it.

I was going through tunes a couple of years back while having a smoke and listening especially to B sides etc that I never really listened to before... this fckin hopped out at me, especially what it evolves into, a cracking tune which I definitely have a vague distant memory of hearing out somewhere... especially at 3:18

That sounds like a mixture of a few different tracks thrown in together. It either samples, or was sampled on Devo by Crunch

4 could also be 'So Get Up' by The Underground Sound of Lisbon. I'm sure those vocals were sampled a lot :)

Ye,I think ur right Felix as neither of these is the one im after:confused:

1 is Rachid Taha - Voila Voila (Pranksters Guitar Thud)

2 I'll come back to you on, defo know it.

3 is Abfahrt - Come Into My Life (SMILE Mix) ....I paid a fortune for this 12" a few years back, great tune.

Cheers mate ta very much.Two great tunes.No ordinary joe is great tune also,pity not up on YT

Ye Funkatarium is on a Carl Cox mix I had from '92 which I always put on the headphones after coming back from nights out to try and nod off! Classic stuff

I had forgotten bout this little Jem.Real emotional tune.Cheapest I see on Discogs is 25 bucks.God the early 90's.Gimme a time machine!

• Advertisement

I had forgotten bout this little Jem.Real emotional tune.Cheapest I see on Discogs is 25 bucks.God the early 90's.Gimme a time machine!

Yeah its a great tune, think I first heard on a Justin Robertson mix and tried for years to hunt down the vinyl... only got it I'd say about 5 years ago and from memory paid about 60 for it then, vinyl has certainly come down in price since!

Prolly the same JR mix im listening to now.Danz Saunz production from i think 93

Prolly the same JR mix im listening to now.Danz Saunz production from i think 93

Yeah was wondering if the tracks you were looking for ID's were from a JR mix, all very much his style from that time and the Rachid Taha track being his remix.

Those Danz Saunz mixes were amazing, I had loads of them, loved the Billy Nasty editions. You don't have the David Holmes one by any chance? I had it back then but it was in a walkman in my jacket which was nicked at a party many years ago :mad:

Yeah was wondering if the tracks you were looking for ID's were from a JR mix, all very much his style from that time and the Rachid Taha track being his remix.

Those Danz Saunz mixes were amazing, I had loads of them, loved the Billy Nasty editions. You don't have the David Holmes one by any chance? I had it back then but it was in a walkman in my jacket which was nicked at a party many years ago :mad:

I only have Danny Rampling and Jr.Think i had bout six.Only these two left tho

ha ha.had a couple of those Danz Saunz mixes meself.West Bam and Billy Nasty.they were purchased in the mal behind the stephens green shopping centre.:D

ha ha.had a couple of those Danz Saunz mixes meself.West Bam and Billy Nasty.they were purchased in the mal behind the stephens green shopping centre.:D

I got mine in the Abbey Mall, the shop was about 2 doors down to the old Abbey discs if memory serves me... when you walked into the Abbey Mall it was down on the right. There was another music store in there actually... can't for the life of me remember the name but I do remember buying the remix pack of 'Into The Nature' by Hardfloor...

I got mine in the Abbey Mall, the shop was about 2 doors down to the old Abbey discs if memory serves me... when you walked into the Abbey Mall it was down on the right. There was another music store in there actually... can't for the life of me remember the name but I do remember buying the remix pack of 'Into The Nature' by Hardfloor...

do actually remember that shop aswell.sure i bought a couple of tapes there also.:D

on the subject of b-sides i actually prefer this to the a-side.could never really take to the orange theme,a bit of an anti-climax of a track for me.if yez get what i mean.have had a few tracks like that over the years for some unknown reason.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

http://www.mediafire.com/?ctexgznntxa

MICK WALSH - HANDS IN MOTION (SIDE B)

http://www.mediafire.com/?6j11xyps9xd

MICK WALSH - HANDS IN MOTION (SIDE A).

Any chance of this again ace?????

Links are dead:mad:

• Advertisement

Any chance of this again ace?????

Links are dead:mad:

yes no probs man.i'll have to do it the weekend tho.i'm heading off to work now in 20.so will do it saturday for ya,yeah.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement