Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

aceberg wrote: »
    TRACK ID's - DJ Denis Horgan 31.10.09

[[PLAY] 10 (40:45) Virtue - Feeling Good (maybe a remix of this)

its a white label

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

senan s wrote: »
    TRACK ID's - DJ Denis Horgan 31.10.09

[[PLAY] 10 (40:45) Virtue - Feeling Good (maybe a remix of this)

its a white label

grand thks senan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Cray92

Track 2 id,Xpress 2,London xpress.Track 8 is music for the masses pt2 not liberation 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 25 punts for 1

was reading thru these threads and something jumped out at me....

"I got into it just after the acid wharehouse scene, no one knew where the f**k they where going to be held at, back in thoes days, in 1988, 1989,
    always remember one being held up in a building up on the Sundrive road,"

i got into the raving in dublin in 91 and went to all the usual spots ,but warehouse raves in dublin in 88??? tell me more , my undestanding was we were a bit benind and the whole warehouse scene was based in east london/manchester/blackburn...i,m curious who dj,d and what was played

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

There is a system nite club page on facebook..

Tommy Stewart has up a link of two system discs...

Great Tunes for anyone thats interested!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭NovaGSi

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    It was very good in The Vaults on Saturday, very very good. Lost track of what DJ was on at any time but the music was crackin all night long just as you knew it would be. 10 out of 10 for the Reactive lads. Place was full and about 95% of the people were dressed up, you could see the ones that werent looked out of place.
    Met the legendary CAF sound fella.
    Oh yeah and good auld Senan;) deadly thats all I'll say.

Sounds like it was a great night had by all, a mate of mine was in dressed as a Storm Trooper, he had a ball of a time.....said it was like old times, didn't know who was playin at all, just that the tunes were class.

I ended up wet from head to toe out trick or treating with the kids...I'm still eating the junk food that I took off my kids because it would be bad for their teeth:D
    Nice one Seanyboy glad you all had a blast.........i would have been one not dressed up meself so i can live with one day of the year at least missing out.

Was buzzing meself in rathmines in true oldskool style.....hit the boozer first then party hard till the break of dawn in mates gaff with tunes blasting (much to the annoyance of his neighbours) & follow on into the boozer the next day for pints of ice cold guiness:pac::pac::pac::pac::D;)

I had many a good night and morning in rathmines, up the little hill into the square/culdesac of georgian houses, plenty of party flats up their. How body/bones hold up after a session like that???
    Great to hear ya working again Mick nice one........here they are on Megaupload if its any good to ya.....mediafire wont take the one over 100 MB & it always crashes on me when putting up large files at all........

OLYMPIC
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=31B1OH67

1. K-Klass- Rhythm is a mystery
    2. Part e – Gimme your love
    3. X pansions – Move your body
    4. Hyper Go Go – Never let go
    5. Liberation – 2
    6. GTO - elevation
    7. Mukka – Neebro
    8. Felix – don’t you want me
    9. Give me love – Original mix
    10. Time frequency – New emotion
    11. Terrorise – Just a feeling
    12. Cappella – you got to know (club mix)
    13. Underworld – Rez
    14. Plastikman – Spastik
    15. Sound crowd – NRG Rush 93
    16. N-Trance – Set you free
    17. THK – France
    18. Sound Crowd – Ringsend
    19. Our tribe – I believe
    20. Guru Josh – Infinity
    21. Sound crowd – Dream Lover
    22. Mix factory – Take me away
    23. Pacific – 808 state
    24. Appolonia
    25. Guru Josh – Holographic dreams
    26. Ultracynic – Nothing lasts forever

ASYLUM
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DWAS5DJ1

1 Desert storm - Desert storm
    2 Energy flash - Beltram
    3 Alchemy – Sonexuno
    4 Taiko – Echo Drop
    5 Fever called love
    6 For what you dream of - Bedrock
    7 Land of creation - Submerge
    8 The Edge – Sleepless
    9 Harikari – Capricorn
    10 Dreams – Quench
    11 Infrequent Oscillation – Burning Phibes
    12 Tin Tin Out
    13 Warp 69
    14 Lemon – U2
    15 Slam – Intencities
    16 Moments of inertia – Circle city
    17 Reincarnation
    18 positive education – slam
    19 Narcotic influence – Empirion
    20 Thin line
    21 Poltergeist – Vicious circle
    22 Delorme – Spanish fly
    23 View finder – I want you all night
    24 As dawn approaches – lionrock
    25 Cosmonautica
    26 Do it – tituta
    27 Back II front – Viewfinder
    28 the hook – house pimps
    29 Magnetic King – Van Basten
    30 Ceasefire – Hardbag
    31 Castle trancelott – the gloom
    32 Mo tune – Infinite Climax
    33 The garden of life – Dee rex
    34 Mrs. Wood – Calamity Jane
    35 LSG – Fragile
    36 LSD – Hallucinogen
    37 Marquessa
    38 The first voyage – Pyrate
    39 Coloured vision – Violet rain
    40 Marmion Shoenberg
    41 Warriors Groove
    42 Marc de claude – Tolouse
    43 Skiddly wah – the unkown
    44 Lush 3-1 – Orbital
    45 Trancespotter
    46 Sabres of Paradise – Smokebelch II
    47 Q-Sound – Good night
    48 Void – Orcana

I got these at last, just listening to the Olypim mix now....NRG rush playing away...thanks for these mixes.

Cheers,
    Mick

PS. I'll be back in another week or so, still very hard to get time for this:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Trying to ID this tune on a old mark kavanagh mix for ages anybody have any ideas?

http://www.tuneid.com/attachments/retro-dance-anthems-1994-2000/44859d1257609553-bouncy-trance-tune-1996-trance.mp3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

NovaGSi wrote: »
    I ended up wet from head to toe out trick or treating with the kids...I'm still eating the junk food that I took off my kids because it would be bad for their teeth:D

Ah ye go away out of that.........bet you were the sort that robbed other kids bags on em on the street after they did all the grafting to get the goodies only for it to be confiscated..........(or was that me:D)
    I had many a good night and morning in rathmines, up the little hill into the square/culdesac of georgian houses, plenty of party flats up their.

Are you talkin about the cul de sac across fromm Mc D's just off the main street?????

Mate of mines bird had a gaff rented there with a whole load of mates from college.......... right middle of the square as you entered. Worst mistake of her life offering to let us have a Party Rave in the gaff one christmas when all her housemates were away visiting..........gaff was freezing being the end of December so one bright spark had the brainwave to break all the wardrobe doors up for the fire to get the place warm:eek:

Was a great party though:pac::p:):D;)
    How body/bones hold up after a session like that???

Alright after session......was like back to the old days when i got to the boozer next mornin.......had a bowl of soup just cause i knew it would set ya right for the rest of the day even though i didnt want it & after the first guiness it was all plain sailing.........the next day was a different story:(:D
    I got these at last, just listening to the Olypim mix now....NRG rush playing away...thanks for these mixes.

Cheers,
    Mick

PS. I'll be back in another week or so, still very hard to get time for this:o

No sweat mick glad you got them.....asylum one is a long one......will need a babysitter for that one:D

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭theasylumdublin

Hello all ! been a while since I was on here , hope you are all keeping well , I have been popping by to try and keep up with the thread , you lads are as bizzy as always im glad to see ! some new names I see too ! excellent ! Need your help with a track Id please ! this has been niggling away at me for ages and I give up !!! I am sure I had this tune at some stage over the years but im fooked if I can remember the name ! smashin little number too ! so help your self . and first one to I.D it gets a Pint next time I see him !! (or HER even better throw that in dont want to offend the girls lol ) :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?hcnymomfwyi

thanks in advance ! nice one P

p.s Seanyboy I loved your halloween costume !!! lol , have to organise a session over the xmas ! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭keenc

That my friend is this here
    http://www.discogs.com/Capricorn-Taste-Love-In-London/release/184985

Hello all ! been a while since I was on here , hope you are all keeping well , I have been popping by to try and keep up with the thread , you lads are as bizzy as always im glad to see ! some new names I see too ! excellent ! Need your help with a track Id please ! this has been niggling away at me for ages and I give up !!! I am sure I had this tune at some stage over the years but im fooked if I can remember the name ! smashin little number too ! so help your self . and first one to I.D it gets a Pint next time I see him !! (or HER even better throw that in dont want to offend the girls lol ) :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?hcnymomfwyi

thanks in advance ! nice one P

p.s Seanyboy I loved your halloween costume !!! lol , have to organise a session over the xmas ! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭theasylumdublin

keenc wrote: »

ah fair play buddy ! your a super star ! that Pint will be waitng for you !! indeed i did have this many years ago ! had totally forgotten about it until i heard it last week at a party on Ben Carvasso mix , I called Ben but he is no where to be found !! if you out there Ben give us a buzz mate .

anyway thanks again Keenc , that has to be the fastest track ID ever on this thread ! lol , just grabbed a copy on discogs for €2 !! wicked ! over and out ! P :pac:

Ah no problem it was an easy one to get,enjoy the tune;)

ah fair play buddy ! your a super star ! that Pint will be waitng for you !! indeed i did have this many years ago ! had totally forgotten about it until i heard it last week at a party on Ben Carvasso mix , I called Ben but he is no where to be found !! if you out there Ben give us a buzz mate .

anyway thanks again Keenc , that has to be the fastest track ID ever on this thread ! lol , just grabbed a copy on discogs for €2 !! wicked ! over and out ! P :pac:

TRACK ID's - DJ Mick Morrison 31.10.09

[PLAY] 01 (00:00) ID WANTED
    [PLAY] 02 (02:55) ID WANTED
    [PLAY] 03 (06:00) Spacefrog - Follow Me
    [PLAY] 04 (12:00) ID WANTED
    [PLAY] 05 (16:15) Straight Ahead -X-Ray http://www.discogs.com/Straight-Ahead-Straight-Ahead-EP/release/412241
    [PLAY] 06 (20:30) Badman - Loverman
    [PLAY] 07 (26:30) D.M.B - If We Loose Our Lovin
    [PLAY] 08 (31:45) Epik - The Blob (T de Vit Mix)
    [PLAY] 09 (35:25) Dream Plant - Giraffe
    [PLAY] 10 (40:00) ID WANTED
    [PLAY] 11 (45:30) ID WANTED
    [PLAY] 12 (51:30) Wippenberg - Neurodancer

TRACK ID's - DJ John Cummins 31.10.09

[PLAY] 02 (01:00) Gad- Mistral (Racing Podium Mix) http://www.discogs.com/GAD-2--G%C2%B2-Mistral/release/939442
    [PLAY] 03 (04:00) Ariel - Deep http://www.discogs.com/Ariel-Deep/release/446198
    [PLAY] 04 (08:40) Ramirez & Pizarro - Hablando (Not Sure Which Mix) http://www.discogs.com/Ramirez-Pizarro-Hablando/master/36113
    [PLAY] 05 (15:00) Young Braves - Warriors Groove

TRACK ID's - DJ Dilly 31.10.09

[PLAY] 02 (07:45) Lionrock - Packet Of Peace
    [PLAY] 03 (13:00) Love 4 Sale - Do You Feel So Right
    [PLAY] 04 (17:50) Manic - Gotta Get Loose
    [PLAY] 05 (20:20) Floor Federation - Music For The Masses
    [PLAY] 06 (26:30) Love Decade - So Real
    [PLAY] 07 (31:30) Marine Boy - Fluid http://www.discogs.com/Marine-Boy-Fluid/release/192565
    [PLAY] 08 (35:00) ID WANTED
    [PLAY] 09 (38:30) Elevatorman - Funk & Drive http://www.discogs.com/Elevatorman-Funk-Drive-The-Mixes/release/177152
    [PLAY] 10 (45:50) ID WANTED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Gen:FX

Wow lads' - your all on the ball with the ID's... just a handfull left and we can close this case :) (There's a bonus in the works.... keep your eyes open). ;)
    [ TOTAL ReCALL @ THE VAULTS - Track ID & AUDIO SAMPLES ]

A big thanks to you all.

[PLAY] 07 (31:30) Marine Boy - Fluid http://www.discogs.com/Marine-Boy-Fluid/release/192565
    [PLAY] 09 (38:30) Elevatorman - Funk & Drive http://www.discogs.com/Elevatorman-Funk-Drive-The-Mixes/release/177152

could'nt unzip the Dilly mix when i d/l it.any chance you could u/l it.i know 2 of the other lads had similar problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Toosey

I was just a bit too young for the asylum...did go to the Olympic and the first real dance buzz for me was the mansion house raves......I remember one night I nearly went into the asylum. I was in town tripped out of the head and I thought my mate was in there so went to the bouncer and told him I thought my mate was in there and if I went in and found him id stay but if not id leave (seemed logical at the time) and maybe it was the acid but im sure he had a spikey collar on his neck and he said "once you enter you cannot leave", I didnt go in...

could'nt unzip the Dilly mix when i d/l it.any chance you could u/l it.i know 2 of the other lads had similar problems.
    New MP3 posted for those who had an error with the zip download.
    [ (Zip Fix) Total Recall - DILLY MP3 ]
    Toosey wrote: »
    ..... I was in town tripped out of the head and I thought my mate was in there (the Asylum) so went to the bouncer and told him I thought my mate was in there and if I went in and found him id stay but if not id leave (seemed logical at the time) and maybe it was the acid but im sure he had a spikey collar on his neck and he said "once you enter you cannot leave", I didnt go in...
    "I didnt go in... " LMAO. Are you sure you were on the Northside of the bridge :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭antoinb

ekm2.png

Not Finished Yet by a long shot,thousands of cds and vinyl yet to go up.
    10% discount to anyone on here,use code WEL-DOG-DIS on checkout page.

http://www.littledogdiscs.co.uk/

and maybe it was the acid but im sure he had a spikey collar on his neck and he said "once you enter you cannot leave", I didnt go in...
    Gen:FX wrote: »
    "I didnt go in... " LMAO. Are you sure you were on the Northside of the bridge :rolleyes:

I thought the same thing meself when i read it..........what colour was the outside of the buliding????

If it was purple that might explain the spikey collar:eek:
    antoinb wrote: »
    ekm2.png

Not Finished Yet by a long shot,thousands of cds and vinyl yet to go up.
    10% discount to anyone on here,use code WEL-DOG-DIS on checkout page.

http://www.littledogdiscs.co.uk/

Nice one antoinb fair play to ya........its a lot of work to get a site together yourself and juggling everything else along side it........looks good but are you not going to have any bootleg section for all the Live sets from the good old green sod & from across the way in England????

No links on there back to here i see for any old skoolers that may come across yer site first????
    Always good to find links directing you on to oldskool sites. Just a suggestion but fair play again looks like a lot of work gone into it;)

I was just a bit too young for the asylum...did go to the Olympic and the first real dance buzz for me was the mansion house raves......I remember one night I nearly went into the asylum. I was in town tripped out of the head and I thought my mate was in there so went to the bouncer and told him I thought my mate was in there and if I went in and found him id stay but if not id leave (seemed logical at the time) and maybe it was the acid but im sure he had a spikey collar on his neck and he said "once you enter you cannot leave", I didnt go in...

m8 i doubt you were to young for the asylum if you were already hitting the mansion house and the olympic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Was thinking the same thing myself.

Someone was looking for this a long time back i remember.........

Sundance - Sundance
    http://www.mediafire.com/?tyknh1wwent

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

Someone was looking for this a long time back i remember.........

Sundance - Sundance
    http://www.mediafire.com/?tyknh1wwent

Love this tune, :):):)

:DHearing this track on a White Dove , would of got the old dance moves out!!:D

New MP3 posted for those who had an error with the zip download.
    [ (Zip Fix) Total Recall - DILLY MP3 ]

tried that link again today caf in work and it still would'nt unzip.will try it again at home 2morrow.

tried that link again today caf in work and it still would'nt unzip.will try it again at home 2morrow.
    Yo! Ace, I'm not entirely sure what the prob is.... the new link on my ReBuzz site points direct to an *MP3 file.... Not a *Zip file. There is no need to unzip anything cuz there's nowt to unzip, it's a bog standard MP3 file. - Try this for divilment, Hit the refresh button when you go to the Total ReCall page as you may be viewing your cache. :confused:

Yo! Ace, I'm not entirely sure what the prob is.... the new link on my ReBuzz site points direct to an *MP3 file.... Not a *Zip file. There is no need to unzip anything cuz there's nowt to unzip, it's a bog standard MP3 file. - Try this for divilment, Hit the refresh button when you go to the Total ReCall page as you may be viewing your cache. :confused:

was just about to try that caf but i think i've sussed out whats happening.i clicked on the dilly image/flyer and its brings up a link which is the zip file,but if you clik on this link DOWNLOAD 01 - CLICK HERE it brings up the mp3 file.

yeah sorted thats working now.

• Advertisement

rite defo have a track somewhere with them vocals in it.

thats still marine boy fluid.

[PLAY] 10 (45:50) ID WANTED[/QUOTE]
    sounds very like bladerunner to me.there was a good few different remixes of that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement