Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭keenc

yea your right about track 8 and track 10 it does sound like bladerunner,i dont think track 4 is Manic-Gotta Get Loose Though

Track 1 could be c&c music factory keep it coming,thats where the vocal comes from

aceberg wrote: »
    [PLAY] 01 (00:00) ID WANTED
    rite defo have a track somewhere with them vocals in it.

[PLAY] 08 (35:00) ID WANTED
    thats still marine boy fluid.

[PLAY] 10 (45:50) ID WANTED
    sounds very like bladerunner to me.there was a good few different remixes of that.[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

keenc wrote: »
    yea your right about track 8 and track 10 it does sound like bladerunner,i dont think track 4 is Manic-Gotta Get Loose Though

Track 1 could be c&c music factory keep it coming,thats where the vocal comes from

sounds very like bladerunner to me.there was a good few different remixes of that.
    [/QUOTE]

no 4 ait m.a.n.i.c. - got to get loose that i know of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭antoinb

I thought the same thing meself when i read it..........what colour was the outside of the buliding????

If it was purple that might explain the spikey collar:eek:

Nice one antoinb fair play to ya........its a lot of work to get a site together yourself and juggling everything else along side it........looks good but are you not going to have any bootleg section for all the Live sets from the good old green sod & from across the way in England????

No links on there back to here i see for any old skoolers that may come across yer site first????
    Always good to find links directing you on to oldskool sites. Just a suggestion but fair play again looks like a lot of work gone into it;)
    Cheers for the positive remarks fella,still only finding my way through the whole internet shop thing but making some headway.
    Just finished the contact and about us pages next are the links and the vinyl cleaning service pages plus a lot more stock to add.
    A lot of its still a mystery to me but chuffed to see I had 13 hits on the site from the post the other day 10 from Ireland,1 from England and 1 from Holland.
    Im trying to get hold of a massive collection of bootleg mixes but fella who has them is hard work and hard to get moving on it,hopefully soon...
    Links to here and others appearing soon
    ekm2.png

ok been on the look out for an id on this track for years,this is my first time to u/l a sample.have posted a tread b4 just describing the vocals.anyways below is a sample which should be more helpful.

i can vision this 1 in the olmypic

http://www.zshare.net/audio/68516127fc31edc9/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

rite defo have a track somewhere with them vocals in it.

Is it this one........was thinkin the same meself about a track with them vocals & Seanyboy upped this ages back after i stuck up a converted sample from an old tape........
    Just Can't Help Me - 2 Examples.mp3

• Advertisement

Is it this one........was thinkin the same meself about a track with them vocals & Seanyboy upped this ages back after i stuck up a converted sample from an old tape........
    Just Can't Help Me - 2 Examples.mp3

not the track i'm thinking of key.the 1 i'm thinking of is very much more like the track on the dilly mix.if at all there is 1.i could b getting mixed up now.probably a few tracks with them vocals in it anyways.:rolleyes:

not the track i'm thinking of key.the 1 i'm thinking of is very much more like the track on the dilly mix.if at all there is 1.i could b getting mixed up now.probably a few tracks with them vocals in it anyways.:rolleyes:

Vocals are probably from an original tune that both tracks took them from im guessing.........

Like that really old track by Black Box - Ride on time.........vocals in that track are from a 60's soul singer called lolita holloway.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

came accross this track and its definitely the last track of the night:D;)

I described this track a good while ago. I never knew it but the wife was always going on about it. Anyway MOANY put it up for all our listenening pleasure.

Stars - Poppy Field
    http://www.mediafire.com/?twqrgyczizo

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    I described this track a good while ago. I never knew it but the wife was always going on about it. Anyway MOANY put it up for all our listenening pleasure.

Stars - Poppy Field
    http://www.mediafire.com/?twqrgyczizo

Sounds very like its leaning towards happy mondays style of music but not quite there.........:D

NovaGSi wrote: »
    Sounds like it was a great night had by all, a mate of mine was in dressed as a Storm Trooper, he had a ball of a time.....said it was like old times, didn't know who was playin at all, just that the tunes were class.

No way, I was talking to a fella dressed in the Storm Trooper costume after the Vaults in the enterance to Connolly Train Station, has to be your mate.
    NovaGSi wrote: »
    I ended up wet from head to toe out trick or treating with the kids...I'm still eating the junk food that I took off my kids because it would be bad for their teeth:D

That was me last year, had to get to this one. Didnt get to bed till 8:30, well worth it, lots of fun:D
    Sounds very like its leaning towards happy mondays style of music but not quite there.........:D

I wasnt trying to ID a track there, I seen something a few pages back and Stars was in a Youtube vid;)
    What clues have u got for the track you are after:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 mickam

keenc wrote: »
    TRACK ID's - DJ Mick Morrison 31.10.09

[PLAY] 02 (02:55) ID WANTED
    [PLAY] 03 (06:00) Spacefrog - Follow Me
    [PLAY] 04 (12:00) ID WANTED
    [PLAY] 05 (16:15) Straight Ahead -X-Ray http://www.discogs.com/Straight-Ahead-Straight-Ahead-EP/release/412241
    [PLAY] 06 (20:30) Badman - Loverman
    [PLAY] 07 (26:30) D.M.B - If We Loose Our Lovin
    [PLAY] 08 (31:45) Epik - The Blob (T de Vit Mix)
    [PLAY] 09 (35:25) Dream Plant - Giraffe
    [PLAY] 10 (40:00) sourmash -throwing caution to the wind
    [PLAY] 11 (45:30) sourmash - eclipse
    [PLAY] 12 (51:30) Wippenberg - Neurodancer
    Will get back later with the last 3.

I have a mate going to London at athe end of the month.
    Can anyone recommend a club for him with a bit of Oldskool please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Kev k

Hows it goin lads..havnt been on this in a while..Just wonderin does anyone have the tracklist to Pressure - Wonderland..thers some stompers on der dat i cant name:(. and would anyone have Pangalatic - Na-Na on mp3 ?cheers kev:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mph2010

Kev k wrote: »
    Hows it goin lads..havnt been on this in a while..Just wonderin does anyone have the tracklist to Pressure - Wonderland..thers some stompers on der dat i cant name:(. and would anyone have Pangalatic - Na-Na on mp3 ?cheers kev:)

Here ya are mate

SIDE 1

1:Full Monty All Stars - Brilliant Feeling
    2.Saint Etienne - Hug My Soul
    3:Bandito - G.D.T. - 3Beat
    4.AIRSCAPE - CRUISING
    5.TRANSFORMER 2 _ PACIFIC SYMPHONY
    6:Direckt - Two Fatt Guitars
    7.Chris & James - Calm Down (Bass Keeps Pumpin')
    8.JINX - OPENSESAME
    9.BOUGALU BOYS - HIP HOP

SIDE 2

1.ASHA - JJ TRIBUTE
    2.U.K. Movin - - Foreplay EP
    3:Rhyme Time Productions - You & Me
    4.sub Bug - Get To Dub EP
    5.????????????????
    6.UBIQUITY - BOLIVIAN ANGEL
    7.MISTER B - FASINATED
    8.PANGALACTIC - NA NA
    9. DARMA BUMS - DARMA MEANS TRUTH

Hey lads was downloading the halloween sets there (great night by the way) and having a bit of trouble opening the warren k set the rest of them are grand maybe up if without been zipped would be great cheers lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Gen:FX

Mph2010 wrote: »
    Hey lads was downloading the halloween sets there (great night by the way) and having a bit of trouble opening the warren k set the rest of them are grand maybe up if without been zipped would be great cheers lads
    Howdy MPH... there is nowt wrong with the zips, all them open and download fine without errors - they have been checked on a number of systems / machines & networks - The only solution I can offer is that you download 1 or 2 of them, then come back and get another couple in another session (after a re-boot) -
    Grabbing a mass load in one go is going to screw up your cache (if your machine is not hunky-dory ;) ) -
    For error free downloading on any network OR site try this.... (Windows ONLY)

Go to START / CONTROL PANEL / GENERAL (tab) / and click the DELETE button in the Browser History.... job done when you re-boot.

And also just as a reminder a little De-Frag on the C/Drive is worth a shout out aswell.
    Start / Programs / Accessories / System Tools / Disk Defragmenter - it's simple advice but worth it's weight in the long run. - Hope this helps :)

Think of it this way - If you brought an item (anything / any item) into your house each time you looked at something on-line (that's looked at on line, I dont mean downloaded) your gaff would fill up with S*it in a matter of no time, - a bit of spring cleanin' every now and again works wonders ;) -

somebody mentioned the system nite club recently.well here's a mix from the system.just listened to it again and it's damm good.if anybody wants to weigh in with an id or 2 fell free.i know a decent amount on it already.

WILL STOERY - LIVE@ SYSTEM A

http://www.mediafire.com/?zmdjwv242yh

WILL STOERY - LIVE@ SYSTEM B

http://www.mediafire.com/?jzzjdegygov

Gen:FX wrote: »
    Howdy MPH... there is nowt wrong with the zips, all them open and download fine without errors - they have been checked on a number of systems / machines & networks - The only solution I can offer is that you download 1 or 2 of them, then come back and get another couple in another session (after a re-boot) -
    Grabbing a mass load in one go is going to screw up your cache (if your machine is not hunky-dory ;) ) -
    For error free downloading on any network OR site try this.... (Windows ONLY)

Go to START / CONTROL PANEL / GENERAL (tab) / and click the DELETE button in the Browser History.... job done when you re-boot.

And also just as a reminder a little De-Frag on the C/Drive is worth a shout out aswell.
    Start / Programs / Accessories / System Tools / Disk Defragmenter - it's simple advice but worth it's weight in the long run. - Hope this helps :)

Think of it this way - If you brought an item (anything / any item) into your house each time you looked at something on-line (that's looked at on line, I dont mean downloaded) your gaff would fill up with S*it in a matter of no time, - a bit of spring cleanin' every now and again works wonders ;) -
    cheers Mate ill try that i do a de frag regularly now but ill try it anyway i have the set bosco played here if you would like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dj jim

disco citozens-footprint

Dj jim wrote: »
    disco citozens-footprint

what about it.

• Advertisement

cheers for that tracklist mph:)

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Subject

UFO / Alien - Francois & Liam Dollard this Friday at POD... Info: HERE

does any one have M.D.M.A. - Karma Chant on mp3 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

Kev k wrote: »
    does any one have M.D.M.A. - Karma Chant on mp3 ?

It's in the right column on this website, it's in wma format.
    Download and enjoy,

http://www.oldskoolclassics.com/dance_classics.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Gen:FX

Mph2010 wrote: »
    I have the set bosco played here if you would like it.
    Thanks for the offer, - I was onto Senan S and I'm waiting for him to send me his set and Bosco's set, it will complete the Total ReCall night. (10 full sets)
    It's in the right column on this website, it's in wma format. Download and enjoy, http://www.oldskoolclassics.com/dance_classics.html
    "Best site I've come across in years"...... *
    Title%20Header.png
    (*the last time I wrote them words was when Bippa sent me a link to his raredanceclassics site he was working on, nice to see there is a page dedicated to him on this site.... great stuff.)

Gen:FX wrote: »
    "Best site I've come across in years"...... *
    Title%20Header.png
    (*the last time I wrote them words was when Bippa sent me a link to his raredanceclassics site he was working on, nice to see there is a page dedicated to him on this site.... great stuff.)

Yes great to see a page dedicated to Bippa even though i didnt know him i grabbed some great tunes off his site ages back........also i dont want to come across as critising anyones track selections or mixing......different strokes for different folks & all that & all power to them for getting a site together & getting out there DJ'ing it takes a lot of effort & committment which is acknowledged....

But i have to say "come on now" about this album on the site in the mixes section..........

Asylum%20Classics%20Mix%20Cover.jpg

Some of these tracks wernt even released when the ASYLUM was kicking & there is more than one or two on there that would have ya stoned out of it at 6am in the ASYLUM if ya banged them out.....well i would have been rightly pis.sed off anyway if i went in to the ASYLUM one Sat in 1994 & heard most of these as an offering........

1. Snap - Eternity - No way stoning offence IMO
    2. Chinley - Du Da Day - No way stoning offence IMO
    3. Cyclone Tracy - Piano In Trance - Questionable but not released
    4. Glam - Hell's Party - Yes
    5. SoundCrowd - NRG Rush - Never heard it the ASYLUM but great track
    6. Hyperlogic - Only Me (Red Jerry '95) - Good track but Not released
    7. Neil's Van Gogh - Pulverturm - Good track but Not released
    8. Red 5 - Lift Me Up - No way stoning offence IMO
    9. Tom Wilson - Let Your Body Go - No way stoning offence IMO
    10. Sasha & Maria - Be As One - Good track but Not released
    11. Lee Coombs - Rock It - Questionable but not released

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭b.c

Found this tape its dj nr gex 1 @ gravity
    http://rapidshare.com/files/309387054/nrgex.mp3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

b.c wrote: »
    Found this tape its dj nr gex 1 @ gravity
    http://rapidshare.com/files/309387054/nrgex.mp3

NR:GEX was a group of people not a dj, AFAIK it consisted of MICK WALSH, WARREN K, PAT HYLAND and our good aul friend STEPHEN CAFFREY (CAF/GEN:FX).
    the tape ya have must be a MICK WALSH mix from around '93/'94 called GRAVITY 1, if so its a top top mix fair play 2 ya 4 the u/l.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Yes great to see a page dedicated to Bippa even though i didnt know him i grabbed some great tunes off his site ages back........also i dont want to come across as critising anyones track selections or mixing......different strokes for different folks & all that & all power to them for getting a site together & getting out there DJ'ing it takes a lot of effort & committment which is acknowledged....

But i have to say "come on now" about this album on the site in the mixes section..........

Some of these tracks wernt even released when the ASYLUM was kicking & there is more than one or two on there that would have ya stoned out of it at 6am in the ASYLUM if ya banged them out.....well i would have been rightly pis.sed off anyway if i went in to the ASYLUM one Sat in 1994 & heard most of these as an offering........

6. Hyperlogic - Only Me (Red Jerry '95) -Good track but Not released

have 2 agree totally with key, although i was 2 young at the time 2 frequent the ASYLUM on a regular basis i do have alot of mixes from the place.
    if any of those tracks key has mentioned as a 'stoning offence' was played, i can only imagine the uproar that would have ensued. with some of the stories i've heard of the place the dj would have been lucky 2 get out in 1 piece, especially with his record collection intact.

• Advertisement

6. Hyperlogic - Only Me (Red Jerry '95) - Good track but Not released

i'm sure there were some tracks played in the asylum that were not released till later.probably not the ones above but others.and i'm sure energy rush was played.defo remember ttf verson being played.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement