Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    Nice one mate.Been after the name of that Graylock - Acceleration by Trance tune for ever!!

it was also released on bush records, which has a nice remix on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Your Rave Needs you

uncle-sam.jpg

Votes needed here to get the ASYLUM up over Tripod & Pod!!!!:eek:
    Dont mind if its beaten by SIDES, TEMPLE of SOUND, TEMPLE THEATRE or the ORMOND but by jaysus none of the rest........

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055754386

Cast your badly needed vote on the link above:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

keith_flint_maxim_live_prod.jpg
    Add your review | View user reviews The Prodigy Live at The O2

Anyone going?

Got my ticket as soon as they came out. Me and four other lads are going, seen them in Slane. Id say its going to be animal;):pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Your Rave Needs you

uncle-sam.jpg

Dont mind if its beaten by SIDES, TEMPLE of SOUND, TEMPLE THEATRE or the ORMOND but by jaysus none of the rest........

make that double 4 the Temple Theatre aswell, any temple heads on this thread get over and cast your votes. cant have the Pod & Tripod winnin this 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

yeah as the thread originator it'd break my heart to see pod and or tripod winning it, most likely becasue its the only place some of the voters have been to...sigh

• Advertisement

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Remember the second floor in The Asylum.
    It was a dark rectangular room with a haze of smoke, there were lamps along the walls and I would doubt that even half them had bulbs in them. It was always packed with people sitting on the ground around the pillars in the middle of the floor.
    There were couch seats along both sides of the room and there was stairs at either end both leading up and down. Just sit down for a minute and a complete stranger would hand you a joint which could have literally anything in it and waffle the ears off ya

I do indeed remember it chief......upon entering the ASYLUM i never went directly ahead into the second floor which you could do (it was actually ground level with main dancfloor in basement)....i always went downsatirs first........

400mmstairstobottomfloorasylum.jpg

Then across the dancfloor through the arches at the back......

400mmolddancefloordownstairs.jpg

Then through the door to the left of the DJ Box........

400mmasylummainfloor.jpg

Into either backstairs or corridor to put yer jacket in.......

400mmbackofdjboxasylum.jpg

Up the stairs then through the mass of bodys sitting on em.....

400mmstairsinasylum.jpg
    400mmdoortoskagroom.jpg

Then into the second floor where the madness was (safe sanctuary for the insane).....

400mm2ndfloorasylum.jpg

Then onto the third floor to check out whats happening up there (sometimes tunes sometimes not:mad:).........

400mmasylumstairs.jpg
    400mmtopfloorasylum.jpg

Final stop the back arched windows with stairs to left that brought you back down to second floor & street level.............

400mmarchwindowsasylum.jpg

Or like Seanyboy hanging out the window lookin for yokes:D (sorry had to post this pic again)........

Seanyboy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Johnnyd1977

Your Rave Needs you

uncle-sam.jpg

Jaysus haven't been on here in a while but had to for this poll!!! had to cast my vote towards sides as never ventured into the ayslum but come on?? tripod & Pod:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Kev k

any one know what the asylum is used as today??intresting 2 know..id love 4 it 2 open again(well ive never been,was only about 3 when it was open:mad:)..was thinking about getting the star nd key on my back:rolleyes:..nd keep havin this thought that if i get it ,ill do the lotto dat day ,win nd open bak up the asylum with the money...mad thought but itd be good if it happened:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Kev k wrote: »
    any one know what the asylum is used as today??intresting 2 know..id love 4 it 2 open again(well ive never been,was only about 3 when it was open:mad:)..was thinking about getting the star nd key on my back:rolleyes:..nd keep havin this thought that if i get it ,ill do the lotto dat day ,win nd open bak up the asylum with the money...mad thought but itd be good if it happened:D:D

As far as i know part of the building was used as a dance academy there for a while.Bit ironic that seen as all we wanted to do in it was dance but the law would'nt allow us :D. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    Not too if it's still used for that tho.

aceberg wrote: »
    As far as i know part of the building was used as a dance academy there for a while.Bit ironic that seen as all we wanted to do in it was dance but the law would'nt allow us :D. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    Not too if it's still used for that tho.

tis indeed ace, 'the american school of dance' or 'american dance academy', somethin 2 that effect anyway.
    do ya reckon the government and garda would allow it 2 reopen if some1 tried 2 open it back up?

theres no way it would ever be the same again if it did reopen anyway, closin time of 2.30am, sh1te yokes and what not, and a totally different outlook by people on the dance scene in general not 2 mention the music thats out nowadays.

unless laws change over here on closin times and all night clubs are aloud 2 do business again there would be absolutely no point reopenin the asylum, would just be an insult 2 the place me thinkz.

• Advertisement

on the subject of reopenin clubs, any1 know what the temple is now? i heard a mate of mine say it was some sort of yuppie bar, but i haven't been up that way in years, probably since it closed its doors in early 2004.
    would hate 2 think of a load of snobs takin over the place i once lived in basically, just wouldn't suit the place at all, not after what went on there 4 so long.

es-cee wrote: »

unless laws change over here on closin times and all night clubs are aloud 2 do business again there would be absolutely no point reopenin the asylum, would just be an insult 2 the place me thinkz.

Your spot on there but even if the law cahnged it will never be what it was......it was an experience that was happening at the time & the buzz created was unique to that time......same as in SIDES, TEMPLE or wherever you got your kicks....sure we may get some great one off sessions but the week in week out buzz of Friday & Saturday night till 8:00am will never be the same again.........summer of 1994 was the pinacle of the ASYLUM that has stayed with people for so long.

Besides all that we all seen as soon as the garda got a wiff of the ASYLUM even opening for one night as a private party it was closed down before it got past 1:00 am............................
    outsid10.jpg

Garda outside stopping folks getting in and while that was happening outside.........
    Mick & Caf getting it going

mick__10.jpg

invite11.jpginvite12.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

on the subject of reopenin clubs, any1 know what the temple is now? i heard a mate of mine say it was some sort of yuppie bar, but i haven't been up that way in years, probably since it closed its doors in early 2004.
    would hate 2 think of a load of snobs takin over the place i once lived in basically, just wouldn't suit the place at all, not after what went on there 4 so long.

was converted in to offices, a mate of mine was working in there

senan s wrote: »
    was converted in to offices, a mate of mine was working in there

suppose offices are better than yuppie bar, same fate befell the olympic if im not mistaken. sad what happens 2 the places that had such an influence on people bitd, asylum, sides, olympic and temple 2 name a few. :(

suppose offices are better than yuppie bar, same fate befell the olympic if im not mistaken. sad what happens 2 the places that had such an influence on people bitd, asylum, sides, olympic and temple 2 name a few. :(

Same sh.it happened to the waterfront......offices.......

ufo.jpg

This Rave is very under rated in my opinion......defo was one of the best Raves open 1995 with soundest bouncers you would get anywhere350298.gif509221.gif

Two more pics from the waterfront i picked up on here i think ages back......

waterfront.jpg

waterfront2.jpg

It would be great if someone up loaded a video of the place:D:D:D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I will post a pic of my membserhip card if someone else posts there, thats a keeper in the **** i like box.

not pretty getting your pic taken at 7am :D

it would easily be the greatest collection of photos on the internet :o

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

Ahh The Waterfront.I used to go there every Friday for bout year or so via the Peacock first.Loved it there.Used to hang around with the 'Main Man' so queing up never happened :D

Wonder if there were any sets recorded?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    Ahh The Waterfront.I used to go there every Friday for bout year or so via the Peacock first.Loved it there.Used to hang around with the 'Main Man' so queing up never happened :D

Wonder if there were any sets recorded?

there's 1 of francois alrite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭theoldalfer

A good spot alright, I think they changed the bouncers after the garda gate crashed one friday night and made us all sit on the floor, wasn't as good after that. I've a video somewhere, recorded off the tele about 10 years ago with francois interviewed and it shows clips of the u.f.o in full flight:D, but I've no idea how to convert or upload:(.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭PatrickD32

A good spot alright, I think they changed the bouncers after the garda gate crashed one friday night and made us all sit on the floor, wasn't as good after that. I've a video somewhere, recorded off the tele about 10 years ago with francois interviewed and it shows clips of the u.f.o in full flight:D, but I've no idea how to convert or upload:(.

Whats it recorded onto? vhs?

1st you will need to convert, google vhs to pc or vhs to dvd.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsIYqOV_qDc

Uploading part is easy but get conversion sorted 1st if possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭PatrickD32

Can someone ID tunes in this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭moany

opening track

Dub Federation - Love Inferno

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TiptonDowning

Hi guys.
    Can someone ID and share this track complete and not within some set . It´s a great tune taken from the Mark Spoon set :
    Mark Spoon Live Hessentag 1994 Schwalmstadt . According to the official playlist the trackname should be Antic - Santana from this EP
    http://www.discogs.com/Antic-EP/master/142209
    but after i found the track on youtube it´s not the same track .
    The strange thing is i found the other 2 tunes from this EP too and its neither one of them
    Any help ?

http://www.mediafire.com/?l4ynrytm2nj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Kev k

Does any one have Sound Crowd - The Acid garage on mp3 ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Ddisco

Kev k wrote: »
    Does any one have Sound Crowd - The Acid garage on mp3 ??

Check pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Derekd

I downloaded this Ep if anybody want's it,
    Very hard to get the full 12" Vinyl, It's a 5 track record.
    Give us a shout, and its yours, (good Quality)

Here's the tune it's self.

Rhythm Eternity - Pink Champagne - 1992 -

%D0%9A%D0%A3.jpeg
    Label: Dead Dead Good Catalog#: GOOD 15T Format: Vinyl, 12", 45 RPM
    Country:UK Released:1992 Genre: Electronic Style: Breakbeat, Hardcore Credits: Producer - A Blythe* , P Spencer* , S Rosser*
    Written-By - P Spencer* , S Rosser*
    Tracklisting:

A1
    Pink Champagne A2
    Pink Champagne (M.P.H. Mix) A3
    Pink Champagne (Acapella) B1
    Aftermath B2
    Make U Mine

anybody kn ow the pianoman mix of this or even have it ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

waterfront2.jpg

Knacker hole. But wait, the drugs made them nice.... surely thats not false is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Knacker hole. But wait, the drugs made them nice.... surely thats not false is it?

were you ever actually in the Waterfront?In all the times i went there i never seen one fight or anything of the sort, so you comments should be treated with the contempt it deserves :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

As was requested in another thread :

Eurodance '97 - David Holmes from the Temple Theatre and Dave Clarke from FUSE in Brussels.

Side A : http://www.mediafire.com/?yzdyzdiyy0q

Side B : http://www.mediafire.com/?ljzi4gdyzm4

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement