Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

jonny68 wrote: »
    were you ever actually in the Waterfront?In all the times i went there i never seen one fight or anything of the sort, so you comments should be treated with the contempt it deserves :rolleyes:

I always thought it was a bit posh to be honest and that photo doesn't do it any justice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭PatrickD32

djhaxman wrote: »
    As was requested in another thread :

Eurodance '97 - David Holmes from the Temple Theatre and Dave Clarke from FUSE in Brussels.

Side A : http://www.mediafire.com/?yzdyzdiyy0q

Side B : http://www.mediafire.com/?ljzi4gdyzm4

Have this dave clarke 1 somehwere. defo worth the download

Which is Holmes in Temple Theatre, Side A?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

jonny68 wrote: »
    were you ever actually in the Waterfront?In all the times i went there i never seen one fight or anything of the sort, so you comments should be treated with the contempt it deserves :rolleyes:
    Well it goes without saying that there would be no fights. But I guess you dont understand what im saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    Ahh The Waterfront.I used to go there every Friday for bout year or so via the Peacock first.Loved it there.Used to hang around with the 'Main Man' so queing up never happened :D

Wonder if there were any sets recorded?

Heres one from Mr.Springs site i stuck back up on mediafire..........

francois_Waterfront_05th_03rd_1995.mp3
    A good spot alright, I think they changed the bouncers after the garda gate crashed one friday night and made us all sit on the floor, wasn't as good after that.

Cant remember sitting on the floor but do remember being in there for a raid alright.......you may be right about the bouncers aswell cause there was one of the bouncers first name Jay used to buzz off when we were in there (wont give his second name) from ballier that told us a few mad storys he was involved in in Ireland & England & we were by the back emergency exit stairs one night in there when the place was raided & he was the first one out & gone.........so cant really remember now if the bouncers changed after that its so long ago but its likley its the same time your on about i reckon.
    I've a video somewhere, recorded off the tele about 10 years ago with francois interviewed and it shows clips of the u.f.o in full flight:D, but I've no idea how to convert or upload:(.

As for converting theres no free way really to do it......you will need to have some hardware either way...........

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adaptec-VideOh-DVD-Media-Center/dp/B0002AGB5G#moreAboutThisProduct

This is about €100.00 in PC world or any place you buy such hardware but is well worth the cash if your going to use ti a good bit for converting & editing Videos........it also allows you to feed the TV through the PC & comes with a remote control so you can pause it etc like Sky plus on yer PC.

Or you can buy a DVD/VHS combination recorder which will be more expensive than the above & would still need you uploading it to yer PC in the end if ya want to edit it in any way.
    Knacker hole. But wait, the drugs made them nice.... surely thats not false is it?
    Well it goes without saying that there would be no fights. But I guess you dont understand what im saying.

Well that would make two of us cause i havnt a notion what your getting at at all:confused:

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

The UFO had a very mixed crowd.. yes there was some scum but equally I knew people in there who came from very well-to-do, wealthy families (and are also scum :p ) . I'd say it was one of the most mixed clubs in terms of the variety of people, and everyone just got along :pac:

• Advertisement

dubsbhoy wrote: »
    I always thought it was a bit posh to be honest and that photo doesn't do it any justice

Well im not sure what Rave you were at but i can say it was the only place after the ASYLUM (except G2 & the purple onion but they were totally illegal with no license)that blatently flaunted the drug laws (downstairs 509221.gif350298.gif) & was packed with gangsters from all over the city including the bouncers in that & im not trying to glorify the roughness of it just calling as i seen it.........it certainley wasnt Posh by a long stretch of the imagination:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

PatrickD32 wrote: »
    Have this dave clarke 1 somehwere. defo worth the download

Which is Holmes in Temple Theatre, Side A?

Yeah, David Holmes is Side A, starts with Jeff Mills - The Bells, and he plays a few other stompers in there too, good set.

There's a 3rd part to that, DJ Pierre also from FUSE, I'll upload that another time.

Well that would make two of us cause i havnt a notion what your getting at at all:confused:

The whole 'rave' culture was such a fallacy. People who would otherwise be fit to bottle each other instead dancing in harmony under one roof, sedated by a drug. Thats hardly a triumph for humanity is it?

Why is it that people have such fondness of all this 'rave' culture bull****? I can never understand.

Get two knuckle-draggin ****ers, give them MDMA and they're best friends for a few hours. Its just magic isnt it? No!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

The whole 'rave' culture was such a fallacy. People who would otherwise be fit to bottle each other instead dancing in harmony under one roof, sedated by a drug. Thats hardly a triumph for humanity is it?

Why is it that people have such fondness of all this 'rave' culture bull****? I can never understand.

Get two knuckle-draggin ****ers, give them MDMA and they're best friends for a few hours. Its just magic isnt it? No!

what the hell are ya doin on a bull**** rave thread in the 1st place, its obvious ya have nothin but hatred in ya for the scene? makes alot of sense talkin garbage on a thread when ya haven't got a clue what its all about.

es-cee wrote: »
    what the hell are ya doin on a bull**** rave thread in the 1st place, its obvious ya have nothin but hatred in ya for the scene? makes alot of sense talkin garbage on a thread when ya haven't got a clue what its all about.

Its the kind of answer I expected.

• Advertisement

Its the kind of answer I expected.

am i wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Just out of interest Leif, how old are you?

You see, I took drugs a good decade too late. Perhaps it is that the falsities of drug taking in the modern era surely were not in existence back in 'da fukn rave dayz'. Was it different back then?

You see, I took drugs a good decade too late. Perhaps it is that the falsities of drug taking in the modern era surely were not in existence back in 'da fukn rave dayz'. Was it different back then?

i understand now why your so bitter, ya missed out on everythin and just because we didn't and have great stories 2 tell the jealousy is consuming you.

if ya haven't got anythin positive 2 say about 'DA FUKN RAVE DAYZ' ya should just say nothin at all, comes across as very childish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ahh I can see why you're so cynical young Skywalker. ;)

You probably just have a pain in your hole listening to old fogies say that "ya missed the boat" and "things were much better back in the day" blah blah blah. And I don't blame ya tbh.

But having said that, you have to understand that around the time that the "Rave Scene" was kicking off things were changing in Ireland (and the UK) in a big way. There was an abundance of positivity as we were being dragged out of the depressing 80's and Rave culture complimented that. But as is the case with all youth cultures and movements it's not long before the initial positive vibes turn into cynicism and the scene becomes tired.

What you're left with then is lots and lots of old Ravers telling the young folk "it's not as good as it was"

Thing you have to remember though is that it's just a bi-product of getting older. Even if there wasn't a Rave scene you'd still have the same people telling you that going out isn't what it used to be.

It was pretty special though. ;)

Well im not sure what Rave you were at but i can say it was the only place after the ASYLUM (except G2 & the purple onion but they were totally illegal with no license)that blatently flaunted the drug laws (downstairs 509221.gif350298.gif) & was packed with gangsters from all over the city including the bouncers in that & im not trying to glorify the roughness of it just calling as i seen it.........it certainley wasnt Posh by a long stretch of the imagination:eek:

Well then i was in it before it was "taking over" which happend to many a good club in dublin. When i went it was full of snobs that wouldn't break a sweat on the dance floor........the music was far from RAVE, in fact it was the first time i heard "how gee" (if you don't know it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDD_rQuc6cU )

they played a lot of that kinda of music and stuff from the 70s.

It was owned by Pat Egan who i really doubt very much would allow any kind of drug dens to be so open, i also don't recognise it from the photo and i'm from pearse street.

The first time i was in sides it was a gay club, there was also a load of hippys going round with long hair on LSD and no shoes on.....about 2 months later it was taking over by gangs trying to sell ****, all the hippys touched on and The George got a few extra punters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭PatrickD32

es-cee wrote: »
    i understand now why your so bitter, ya missed out on everythin and just because we didn't and have great stories 2 tell the jealousy is consuming you.

if ya haven't got anythin positive 2 say about 'DA FUKN RAVE DAYZ' ya should just say nothin at all, comes across as very childish.

khan.jpg
    :D

There was more to it then just taking MDMA mate, when it started first it was very underground, it was all hush hush, you could recognise anthoer clubber by their clobber, i don't think anyone wanted it to explode the way it did, it was cool when it was nice and quiet but it was obvoius at some stage it was going to get very big. All the other decades had their own legacy, the 90's was the start of a new music scene. Something a group of teenagers could call their own and when it started first it made all the previous decades seem tame.

There was the swinging 60's, flowerpower, the rock n roll decade and then there was the 80s (:eek:). All of them decades were heavily influnced by drugs so don't kid yourself on, do you think all the flowerpower heads at woodstock would of been spreading free love while they were sober.??

Personally i think the dance scene got murdered when it was let into the mainstream, it never got any good press and the crest of the wave of it crashed way to early.

In my humble opinion i don't like the amount of genres there are now for house music, there has been way to much putting dance music into nice little boxes and i think overall its affected the scene/clubs. But i do think its making a comeback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭loveforcelbridg

boys, im only 15, never went to any of the oldskool raves and that (obviously)
    do yous have any more mad storys, im strung out on reading them :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭CelticSpirit

Leif why come onto a rave forum and attack it... If you don't like it, lump it!

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭francois

No offence but you are talking rubbish, pity you missed out on it, you obviously are not speaking from experience

I have to agree with the lads on here........why would you come on to a forum just to slate the very subject it is about???

I would say your the type that gets kicks outta telling kids there is no santa.....even though there is........
    djsantahq7.jpg

But really your point is misguided i have to say........you truly beleive that the only reason the Rave is a sucess is the drugs?........true that it all goes hand in hand & that it would not be what it is today without it but why is it that i can crank up my stereo at home & get that adrenalin in the pit of my bowels by listening to class Rave tracks by my self with no narcotics???

I know one of the most well known DJ from SIDES never took drugs ever & is simply a fan of the tunes!

I can walk into a Rave & not take any narcotics & when the tunes start pumping out of them big speakers it is just pure energy feeling inside me.

Now the next thing is i have to ask you is do you drink alcohol??

If the answer is either yes or no is irrelevant, i have to ask you do you think it is an acceptable stimulant to be allowed to be consumed by adults in general in public houses??

If you answer yes then why attack another new form of gathering in public place by adults to consume stimulants??

If no then i assume that you have the same distaste for Pubs & alcohol consumption as Raves & Ecstasy consumption??

If your answer is no to Pubs, Raves, Alcohol & Ecstasy in society then you need to look at yourself and ask why your so concerned about what other adults are doing willingly in their own free time & most importantly i feel is why are you directing your anger & distaste at the one that in your own words creates an environment where violence is more or less absent & acceptance of other people is promoted??? Surley it would be more appropriate to be directing it at the Drink/Pub scene if you just dont agree with the consumption of stimulants in public places as they are where the majority of the violence occurs??

But if you do drink & agree with the consumption of alcohol in public houses by adults then it is slightly hypocritical to say one culture is 'A Fallacy' over another!!

If you are to apply your logic then folks sitting in pubs drinking together is also a cultural fallacy & to extend it further folks having a drink at home in each others company also becomes a fallacy as it is simply the false feelings of the alcohol creating a social environment thats not real!!......I disagree.

You now see how ridiculous your point was because people do these things because it enhances their feeling of enjoyment, connectivity, interaction with each other while all willingly enjoying the effects of wjatever stimulant they are consuming, so in essence for you to say the Rave culture was all a fallacy is actually a fallacy of a statement in itself.......you have actually contradicted your self because the feelings that were generated under the influence of any stimulants are just as real just magnified if you will.

Ecstacy works by releasing serotonin which is produced naturally by your body & affects mood amongst many other things......many foods help to release serotonin in different amounts, also sunlight does to a degree, so a drug that lets say opens the flood gates is simply doing what is a natural occurance in the body but on a larger scale & allowing feelings from within your own personality come to the front.

You say it is hardly a triumph for humanity but i would say that it is at least a triumph for a generation as all of us that were there at the time seem to be of the same persuasion that acceptance & tolerance is what we all gained from the Rave in our personalitys & it is very evident from your posts that you have not gained these values with your generation which is unfortunate for you.:(
    Well then i was in it before it was "taking over" which happend to many a good club in dublin. When i went it was full of snobs that wouldn't break a sweat on the dance floor........the music was far from RAVE, in fact it was the first time i heard "how gee" (if you don't know it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDD_rQuc6cU )

they played a lot of that kinda of music and stuff from the 70s.

It was owned by Pat Egan who i really doubt very much would allow any kind of drug dens to be so open, i also don't recognise it from the photo and i'm from pearse street.

The first time i was in sides it was a gay club, there was also a load of hippys going round with long hair on LSD and no shoes on.....about 2 months later it was taking over by gangs trying to sell ****, all the hippys touched on and The George got a few extra punters.

Sorry thats where the mix up is........i was referring to it in 1995......never got to it any earlier than that.

In my humble opinion i don't like the amount of genres there are now for house music, there has been way to much putting dance music into nice little boxes and i think overall its affected the scene/clubs. But i do think its making a comeback.

I remember hearing Joey Beltram on something ages ago saaying that when he made his tune Energy Flash it was being referred to as 'Deep house' to which he replied that he never knew he was making 'Deep House':eek:

If a tunes sounds good it sounds good in my opinion:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

If, like me, you prefer getting your hands on physical copies of tunes where possible, you can find some Sound Crowd material on the Electric Disco compilation (by Jenny Greene of 2FM). Sound Crowd - NRG Rush & Ringsend are on there plus a few others.

http://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Electric-Disco/release/2040501

R-2040501-1260272966.jpeg

Orbital To Play Tripod
    Im listening to Halcyon + on + on at the moment.
    Its tempting me....
    Ireland's newest and biggest Nightclub - Wright Venue - Swords
    I wonder would they ever consider bringing over a big international act, something along the lines of Sven Vath or Richie Hawtin?

Top 10 Greatest Techno Songs. Ever.
    Collabs 3000: Metalism,

what an album:

Who is Ireland's most influential DJ/ producer ever?
    DJ Johnny Moy
    Have you taken / do you take MDMA?
    I wouldnt call it mind altering, your just buzzin, thats all. However, on the effects of a higher dose, I cannot comment.
    Dublins Best Ever Club (Updated)
    McGruders - I was in it once. It was brilliant, best pub ive ever been in. Hopefully they might open it for paddys day next year, like they did this year gone.

Im confused here......do you dislike Raves, Rave music, Ecstacy or not as it appears from various post from you on this forum that you do:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭francois

he sold the venue to Robbie Wooton in about '94-prior to that the main club was "Funk Off" run by the guys who went on to own the Globe etc-And that was mainly a soul and funk club.
    After the sale there were 3 main clubs-Planet Dub on a thursday, the UFO on a Friday and Mark kavanagh did something on a Saturday
    That pic is the Waterfront, though it has changed now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dj jim

DJ Pressure

Incisions - Techno Gong
    Phi Phi & Greg D - L'Odyssey of Love

DJ Orbit/Ken O'Flanagan

Natural Born Grooves - Groovebird - Baby Blue mix
    Soup - New York, London
    Global Trance Mission - Dream Mission - Fontaine & Vern mix
    Porn Kings - Amour (C'mon)
    Tall Paul - Rock Da House
    Unknown
    Age of Love - Age of Love - Baby Doc mix
    Diddy - Give Me Love - Tony De Vit mix
    Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes' 97 - D-Bop mix (?)
    Baby Blue - Child
    Unknown
    Vigo - To Be House
    DONS - Drop The Gun
    Mark Ryder Project - Micropolis
    Phunky Phantom - Get Up Stand Up - KLM mix

Last tune
    Chris C & M-Zone - Pentium
    the unknown track in between tall paul-rock da house and age of love-age of love.....disco citizens-footprint :)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

You hypocrite. You would be refered to back in the day as a muppet!

I see by your other posts youre into politics, judging by how out of touch you seem perhaps a carear in politics would suite you

I downloaded this Ep if anybody want's it,
    Very hard to get the full 12" Vinyl, It's a 5 track record.
    Give us a shout, and its yours, (good Quality)

Would luv an mp3 of them Pink Champagnes Al
    One of my old favs there;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭NovaGSi

Ah ye go away out of that.........bet you were the sort that robbed other kids bags on em on the street after they did all the grafting to get the goodies only for it to be confiscated..........(or was that me:D)

It's so easy now, bring your own kids out, let them do the leg work and then take all the gear off them when they get home......I sound like a knacker of the travelling type.

Are you talkin about the cul de sac across fromm Mc D's just off the main street?????

Thats the place alright, ended up in about four different gaffs there over the years, always a good spot, I remember drinking out the back garden of one place and there wasn't even a party on and we didn't know who lived there, just arive and join in.

Mate of mines bird had a gaff rented there with a whole load of mates from college.......... right middle of the square as you entered. Worst mistake of her life offering to let us have a Party Rave in the gaff one christmas when all her housemates were away visiting..........gaff was freezing being the end of December so one bright spark had the brainwave to break all the wardrobe doors up for the fire to get the place warm:eek:

Was a great party though:pac:

Alright after session......was like back to the old days when i got to the boozer next mornin.......had a bowl of soup just cause i knew it would set ya right for the rest of the day even though i didnt want it & after the first guiness it was all plain sailing.........the next day was a different story

2 or 3 day recovery???

No sweat mick glad you got them.....asylum one is a long one......will need a babysitter for that one:D

I get a week out of it in the car, some great stuff, I hear a tune and say to myself "get an ID for that" the next day I can't even remeber the time in the mix...then I have to wait 3 or 4 days before I hear it again...
    Hello all ! been a while since I was on here , hope you are all keeping well , I have been popping by to try and keep up with the thread , you lads are as bizzy as always im glad to see ! some new names I see too ! excellent ! Need your help with a track Id please ! this has been niggling away at me for ages and I give up !!! I am sure I had this tune at some stage over the years but im fooked if I can remember the name ! smashin little number too ! so help your self . and first one to I.D it gets a Pint next time I see him !! (or HER even better throw that in dont want to offend the girls lol )

http://www.mediafire.com/?hcnymomfwyi

thanks in advance ! nice one P

p.s Seanyboy I loved your halloween costume !!! lol , have to organise a session over the xmas ! :P

Nice to see you back dude, how are things?? Still selling wine?
    SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    No way, I was talking to a fella dressed in the Storm Trooper costume after the Vaults in the enterance to Connolly Train Station, has to be your mate.

Paddy, sound fooker, he's still going strong, good old Oylympic and Sides head. He's in loads of Caf's pics and would hang around with MW and the bhoys a lot.

I wore that suit last year at a halloween party, it's the biz:D

That was me last year, had to get to this one. Didnt get to bed till 8:30, well worth it, lots of fun

I was in the vaults last tues at a work gig I organised for customers etc, great venue and the staff were bang on...it turned into a 6am finish and a 2 day hangover...no feeling in my face for a few days, never mind the spins and dizziness but it was great, I'll be back in there for a real gig.

I wasnt trying to ID a track there, I seen something a few pages back and Stars was in a Youtube vid;)
    What clues have u got for the track you are after:confused:
    aceberg wrote: »
    somebody mentioned the system nite club recently.well here's a mix from the system.just listened to it again and it's damm good.if anybody wants to weigh in with an id or 2 fell free.i know a decent amount on it already.

WILL STOERY - LIVE@ SYSTEM A

http://www.mediafire.com/?zmdjwv242yh

WILL STOERY - LIVE@ SYSTEM B

http://www.mediafire.com/?jzzjdegygov

Never made it to the System, just at the end of my career but a few of my mates went in and reported a lot of gay old fellas and rentboys...didn't sound like a place to be unless you wanted a pain in the hole:confused:
    SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Remember the second floor in The Asylum.
    It was a dark rectangular room with a haze of smoke, there were lamps along the walls and I would doubt that even half them had bulbs in them. It was always packed with people sitting on the ground around the pillars in the middle of the floor.
    There were couch seats along both sides of the room and there was stairs at either end both leading up and down. Just sit down for a minute and a complete stranger would hand you a joint which could have literally anything in it and waffle the ears off ya
    I always remember one night there talking to lads from Crumlin, one of them was a fella called Tucker, and The Goodmen Give It Up came on. The 2nd floor was about to turn into a dance floor, the place nearly got going with everyone standing up but there were making a bee line for the ground floor, some atmosphere in the place

The Goodmen - Give It Up

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qygvmgohml1

got this off that oldskoolclassics.com site, excellent site

Excellent story and tune seanyboy
    I have to agree with the lads on here........why would you come on to a forum just to slate the very subject it is about???

I would say your the type that gets kicks outta telling kids there is no santa.....even though there is........

But really your point is misguided i have to say........you truly beleive that the only reason the Rave is a sucess is the drugs?........true that it all goes hand in hand & that it would not be what it is today without it but why is it that i can crank up my stereo at home & get that adrenalin in the pit of my bowels by listening to class Rave tracks by my self with no narcotics???

I know one of the most well known DJ from SIDES never took drugs ever & is simply a fan of the tunes!

I can walk into a Rave & not take any narcotics & when the tunes start pumping out of them big speakers it is just pure energy feeling inside me.

If the answer is either yes or no is irrelevant, i have to ask you do you think it is an acceptable stimulant to be allowed to be consumed by adults in general in public houses??

If you answer yes then why attack another new form of gathering in public place by adults to consume stimulants??

If no then i assume that you have the same distaste for Pubs & alcohol consumption as Raves & Ecstasy consumption??

If your answer is no to Pubs, Raves, Alcohol & Ecstasy in society then you need to look at yourself and ask why your so concerned about what other adults are doing willingly in their own free time & most importantly i feel is why are you directing your anger & distaste at the one that in your own words creates an environment where violence is more or less absent & acceptance of other people is promoted??? Surley it would be more appropriate to be directing it at the Drink/Pub scene if you just dont agree with the consumption of stimulants in public places as they are where the majority of the violence occurs??

But if you do drink & agree with the consumption of alcohol in public houses by adults then it is slightly hypocritical to say one culture is 'A Fallacy' over another!!

If you are to apply your logic then folks sitting in pubs drinking together is also a cultural fallacy & to extend it further folks having a drink at home in each others company also becomes a fallacy as it is simply the false feelings of the alcohol creating a social environment thats not real!!......I disagree.

You now see how ridiculous your point was because people do these things because it enhances their feeling of enjoyment, connectivity, interaction with each other while all willingly enjoying the effects of wjatever stimulant they are consuming, so in essence for you to say the Rave culture was all a fallacy is actually a fallacy of a statement in itself.......you have actually contradicted your self because the feelings that were generated under the influence of any stimulants are just as real just magnified if you will.

Ecstacy works by releasing serotonin which is produced naturally by your body & affects mood amongst many other things......many foods help to release serotonin in different amounts, also sunlight does to a degree, so a drug that lets say opens the flood gates is simply doing what is a natural occurance in the body but on a larger scale & allowing feelings from within your own personality come to the front.

You say it is hardly a triumph for humanity but i would say that it is at least a triumph for a generation as all of us that were there at the time seem to be of the same persuasion that acceptance & tolerance is what we all gained from the Rave in our personalitys & it is very evident from your posts that you have not gained these values with your generation which is unfortunate for you.

Sorry thats where the mix up is........i was referring to it in 1995......never got to it any earlier than that.

I remember hearing Joey Beltram on something ages ago saaying that when he made his tune Energy Flash it was being referred to as 'Deep house' to which he replied that he never knew he was making 'Deep House'

If a tunes sounds good it sounds good in my opinion

I'll have to read that again
    francois wrote: »
    and Mark kavanagh did something on a Saturday

Funny

Nice to see this still going strong, just finished getting a few more tunes, nice one lads:cool:

Cheers,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Steo32

Heres one from Mr.Springs site i stuck back up on mediafire..........

francois_Waterfront_05th_03rd_1995.mp3

Allright Key. Just had a listen to the above, never been to the waterfront but id say it was a good buzz was wondering can yourself or anyone else here id the tune that comes in at full afect at 19:01 I found myself whistling that tune but could never find it till now nearly sure i first heard it in the ormond great track and good mix. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

djsantahq7.jpg

You say it is hardly a triumph for humanity but i would say that it is at least a triumph for a generation as all of us that were there at the time seem to be of the same persuasion that acceptance & tolerance is what we all gained from the Rave in our personalitys & it is very evident from your posts that you have not gained these values with your generation which is unfortunate for you.:(

I remember hearing Joey Beltram on something ages ago saaying that when he made his tune Energy Flash it was being referred to as 'Deep house' to which he replied that he never knew he was making 'Deep House':eek:

If a tunes sounds good it sounds good in my opinion:)

Will have to take time out to read this one properly, Christ:eek: I doest seem that long ago when you had that santa pic last year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement