Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Will have to take time out to read this one properly, Christ:eek: I doest seem that long ago when you had that santa pic last year

Yes time seems to zip by quicker all the time......when the whole Thierry Henry buzz happened & Roy Keane was on giving his opinion which led him back into talking about Saipan it really hit me that all that happened 7 years ago:eek:

7 fuc.kin years ago that was!!!!!!!!

Man it really doesnt feel like it:mad:

Heres one from Mr.Springs site i stuck back up on mediafire..........

francois_Waterfront_05th_03rd_1995.mp3

Steo32 wrote: »
    Allright Key. Just had a listen to the above, never been to the waterfront but id say it was a good buzz was wondering can yourself or anyone else here id the tune that comes in at full afect at 19:01 I found myself whistling that tune but could never find it till now nearly sure i first heard it in the ormond great track and good mix. ;)
    Jaysus that sounds really familiar alright & would even say i think i have it on Vinyl but cant place the name for ya:mad:

I have cut it out & stuck it up on 4shared for ya so it can be listened to by all for ID purposes on the player on 4shared........

francois tarck for ID.MP3

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Waterfront AKA Columbia Mills and what ever else it was called.
    I frequented the place on many a night. Weird place cause one night it could be brilliant and then a few weeks later it could be just ok.
    Downstairs was a mad kip, everyone drinkin cans in dark rooms.
    I remember the place being revamped or re painted every other time I was in there, or maybe that was me being repainted:D
    There was about 10 of us in there for one of the sisters birthdays and then we all went back in for my 21st birthday a few months later to be bluntly refused at the door cause we werent regulars.
    That was the first time I ever got refused from a 'Rave Club' and with that I never went back and mores the pity cause it really was the last of the last as far as 'them' type of clubs were concerned. Will give that Francois MP3 a listen on the sly here in work;)
    Yes time seems to zip by quicker all the time......when the whole Thierry Henry buzz happened & Roy Keane was on giving his opinion which led him back into talking about Saipan it really hit me that all that happened 7 years ago:eek:

7 fuc.kin years ago that was!!!!!!!!

Man it really doesnt feel like it:mad:

Roy Keane the dick, yeah and it doesnt feel like 15 years sinse you would be boppin in the ballroom:eek:

There was about 10 of us in there for one of the sisters birthdays and then we all went back in for my 21st birthday a few months later to be bluntly refused at the door cause we werent regulars.
    That was the first time I ever got refused from a 'Rave Club' and with that I never went back and mores the pity cause it really was the last of the last as far as 'them' type of clubs were concerned.
    :eek:

Funny ya should say that cause we used to go in every week about 20 or so of us & got to know the bouncers well so much so that after one or two altercations in there the bouncers said to me & a mate of mine that we were grand as far as being barred cause he knew we were in here evry week & didnt know the lads that were the cause of it so no sweat......used to waffle to one of the bouncers from ballier all the time like he was a mate we knew a long time & we got to know him so well & let us in for free once or twice & used to let us up to have a smoke with timmy on stage no bother.

Then me & my mate jamber walked up to the doors one night drinking a can & got point bllank refused at the door.....we explained we knew Jay very well if he would just call him out to the door & that any of the other bouncers would vouch for us if he just gave them a shout & he was having none of it more or less told us to fu.ck off & never walk up to the door drinking a can again:mad:

Id say there was just the one asshole bouncer in there that was most likley the same knob that stopped yerself..........it is a pity ya blanked it cause we went in to the death & had some fuc.kin blinders in the place......1995 the only two places that were eligible for consideration of going into were SIDES & The WATERFRONT:cool:

:D
    Then me & my mate jamber walked up to the doors one night drinking a can & got point bllank refused at the door.....we explained we knew Jay very well if he would just call him out to the door & that any of the other bouncers would vouch for us if he just gave them a shout & he was having none of it more or less told us to fu.ck off & never walk up to the door drinking a can again:mad:

I dont wana be devils advocate but thats a good enough reason to get refused:D We done that practically every time going into the Asylum sure it was par for the course in there, I remember going in one night with the traditional compliment of six cans of Bud, the tipple at the time, and a load of travellers were at the door trying to get in.
    We all breezed in but they looked like they were being refused, there has to be some sort of code at the door:D

• Advertisement

:D

I dont wana be devils advocate but thats a good enough reason to get refused:D We done that practically every time going into the Asylum sure it was par for the course in there, I remember going in one night with the traditional compliment of six cans of Bud, the tipple at the time, and a load of travellers were at the door trying to get in.
    We all breezed in but they looked like they were being refused, there has to be some sort of code at the door:D

When i thought about it after his words were....

'Dont ever walk up to this door drinking a can again'

But it was just ironic that downstairs right at that minute you knew that there was about a hundred heads all skinning up no bother & doing lines without so much as a second look from the bouncers;)

Bouncers used to stick there head down just to the bottom of the stairs mostly have a quick scan around & if there was no trouble head back up to the dancefloor so it was with this in mind that suprised us at getting refused.......used to bring drink into the ASYLUM aswell no bother so assumed it was the same buzz in there & seeing as we got on so well with the bouncers didnt even give it a second thought when approaching the door.

Any striaght up club yes i would agree totally with ya Seany about approaching the door drinking a can but not the WATERFRONT:eek:.....our refuge after the ASYLUM was closed down.
    It was just one bouncer on a power trip the pri.ck......ahh well we were in the following week no bother so it was only the once we got turned away from there.:D

But it was just ironic that downstairs right at that minute you knew that there was about a hundred heads all skinning up no bother & doing lines without so much as a second look from the bouncers;)

They were probably conscience of the keystone cops hidding in a bush eating rolls and drinkin coffee looking at them:D

Garda.gif

Any striaght up club yes i would agree totally with ya Seany about approaching the door drinking a can but not this Rave.....the WATERFRONT:eek:.....our refuge after the ASYLUM was closed down.
    It was just one bouncer on a power trip the pri.ck......ahh well we were in the following week no bother so it was only the once we got turned away from there.:D

Try walking up to the Tripod with even a smoke in your hand and I bet you that they would turn you away in a heart beat.

They were probably conscience of the keystone cops hidding in a bush eating rolls and drinkin coffee looking at them:D

Ah we knew straight away that was the buzz.....cant be seen to be lettin in lads drinkin cans approching the door as it would give them a reason to start to put the brakes on the place.
    Try walking up to the Tripod with even a smoke in your hand and I bet you that they would turn you away in a heart beat.

Ah now ya see im a snob when it comes to clubs......if ya have strict bouncers, defined closing time, clean toilets, strict dress codes, cant allow tops off on the dancefloor then ya wont even get to refuse me from the door:D

Tripod me boll.ix i say.......i take it ya cast yer vote here........

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055754386

thank jaysus a club like tripod hasnt beat a Rave like the ASYLUM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

don't me started on bouncers, hate the cuunts with a passion, could write a book on the amounts of hassle i've had with them down the years, even now at 34 i could walk up to a club with 20 other blokes and i'd get singled out for some reason.

The last time i was in traffic i got asked to leave over stepping on a bouncers toe..........on the dancefloor. first he had to go off and get 4 of his mates........pile of wankjuice

Hope their cockks fall off, dirty bastards :mad:

Tripod me boll.ix i say.......i take it ya cast yer vote here........

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055754386

thank jaysus a club like tripod hasnt beat a Rave like the ASYLUM.

Pretentious club with a 99% pretentious crowd, I'm waiting for the abuse with zeal:D
    If you reading this and you are offended dont worry, since your on the OldSkool Asylum secion of boards your in the 1%:D
    dubsbhoy wrote: »
    don't me started on bouncers, hate the cuunts with a passion, could write a book on the amounts of hassle i've had with them down the years, even now at 34 i could walk up to a club with 20 other blokes and i'd get singled out for some reason.

The last time i was in traffic i got asked to leave over stepping on a bouncers toe..........on the dancefloor. first he had to go off and get 4 of his mates........pile of wankjuice

Hope their cockks fall off, dirty bastards :mad:

Familiar story there m/8, heres one of my war stories

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56342275&postcount=2697

• Advertisement

even now at 34 i could walk up to a club with 20 other blokes and i'd get singled out for some reason.

:mad:

Well im not surprised with the ropey lookin head on ya........:D

profileMain.jpg

Only Buzzin chief no offence meant just had to throw that up for a buzz:D;)

Well im not surprised with the ropey lookin head on ya........:D
    Only Buzzin chief no offence meant just had to throw that up for a buzz:D;)

I'd say your Christmas card list is shrinking:D

Yer probably right.........only havin a laugh mind you no malice intended to dubsbhoy;)....Ive been refused from many a club meself:(

I save all the contempt for the muppets like Leif_erikson & the 'Tripod possey' & the like:mad:

made me laugh

NovaGSi wrote: »
    I
    Nice to see you back dude, how are things?? Still selling wine?
    Cheers,
    Mick

Apparently he is drinking the stuff now:D

made me laugh

Thanks for letting me know......i wouldnt like to think ya took it up the wrong way was just an opportunity for a joke that had to be grabbed:D:D:D

I only ever took something up the wrong way once...........left my arsse like a japanese flag

I only ever took something up the wrong way once...........left my arsse like a japanese flag

Jaysus, that happened me from a bad curry........No.....I wont ask:eek:

Key help your new friend here:D

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Jaysus that sounds really familiar alright & would even say i think i have it on Vinyl but cant place the name for ya:mad:

I have cut it out & stuck it up on 4shared for ya so it can be listened to by all for ID purposes on the player on 4shared........

francois tarck for ID.MP3

I'd say you have it too and you'll wonder how you forgot the name :pac:

Art of Trance - Octopus

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Steo32

Felixdhc wrote: »
    I'd say you have it too and you'll wonder how you forgot the name :pac:

Art of Trance - Octopus

Nice one Felix good tune that. It was just one of those tunes that stuck with me never left the head for some reason.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Steo32

Yea, I dont think id be to impressed to see my head sticking out of the top window of the asylum looking for yokes:D:D ahh its a bit of craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭CelticSpirit

Pretentious club with a 99% pretentious crowd, I'm waiting for the abuse with zeal:D
    If you reading this and you are offended dont worry, since your on the OldSkool Asylum secion of boards your in the 1%:D

Familiar story there m/8, heres one of my war stories

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56342275&postcount=2697

The bouncers in the Temple were arseholes.

One week they'd let me in and the next they wouldn't. Even when they knew me they'd still refuse me. I'm a tee-totaller man and I'm not a trouble maker!!

Probably didn't help that I'd be wearing my Patagonia jacket but **** that I'm not dressing up like some ponce just to have a rave.

I stripped down to my vest one week and within seconds a bouncer was over telling to put my top back on or get out...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Kev k

any1 got sound crowd- odysse on mp3??:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭loveforcelbridg

I might hav eit on the other computer , hav eyou tyred youtube ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Kev k

ye was trying youtube last nite,couldnt find it

Kev k wrote: »
    ye was trying youtube last nite,couldnt find it

Heres a post on this forum from back 2008.......the last link on the post is Mark Kavanagh Remix of the tune yer after.........not sure about the user name though..............

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56432549&postcount=15

Steo32 wrote: »
    Yea, I dont think id be to impressed to see my head sticking out of the top window of the asylum looking for yokes:D:D ahh its a bit of craic.

All I can say is that ASYLUMKEY can thank his lucky stars that the flash in my camera was broken the night I seen him decked out on the floor in the Asylum one night, I'll say no more:D:D:D

I will stand corrected but did DJ Pressure remix that too at the time, one which wasnt exactly clasic material either???????

All I can say is that ASYLUMKEY can thank his lucky stars that the flash in my camera was broken the night I seen him decked out on the floor in the Asylum one night, I'll say no more:D:D:D

I remember that night also ya mad thing..........i was decked out on the floor looking skywards...........it wasnt the flash on yer camera chief.........you were so mad out of it you were looking into the lens of the camera & thought the flash was the strobes and were taking pictures of yer own eye ya mad yoke........them mad bastards were great:pac::p:):D:eek:

dodging-burning-1.jpg

I remember that night also ya mad thing..........i was decked out on the floor looking skywards...........it wasnt the flash on yer camera chief.........you were so mad out of it you were looking into the lens of the camera & thought the flash was the strobes and were taking pictures of yer own eye ya mad yoke........them mad bastards were great:pac::p:):D:eek:

How do u get them pics up so quick, I must leave office now, work to be done;)

• Advertisement

How do u get them pics up so quick, I must leave office now, work to be done;)

1. Open new google search window.........
    2. select image search........
    3. type in what yer after.........
    4. open one of the hits that ya want.........
    5. when you have the page open that is holding the image you want to post right click on the image & select properties...........
    6. it will then display a window that has the http:// address of that pic..........
    7. copy the address..........
    8. come back here........
    9. click the insert image icon on the reply page...........
    10. paste the address (no img tags needed)...........
    11. you have yer pic still being hosted by the original site it came from being displayed here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement