Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

really interested in getting into hardcore, but really amnt bothered to trawl through a 500 page thread tbh! i love all things electronic d&b, house, dubstep, left-fiels, and hardcore ive yet to discover

would really appreciate recommendations ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Plumpynutt wrote: »
    really interested in getting into hardcore, but really amnt bothered to trawl through a 500 page thread tbh! i love all things electronic d&b, house, dubstep, left-fiels, and hardcore ive yet to discover

check this forum out so, loadsa oldskool hardcore on it.

www.properoldskool.org

es-cee wrote: »
    check this forum out so, loadsa oldskool hardcore on it.

www.properoldskool.org

nice one, bookmarked. thanks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

nice one, bookmarked. thanks:D

http://www.hardcorewillneverdie.com/

this 1 aint bad either

aceberg wrote: »

sweet ace, were'd ya come across this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

wont be goin 2 the temple reunion im afraid, don't like john checcini, all the rest are deadly tho. thought your man darren flynn was supposed 2 be doin a 5 hour set aswell?

if darren flynn was doing a 5 hour set, where would everyone else fit in....!!!

senan s wrote: »
    if darren flynn was doing a 5 hour set, where would everyone else fit in....!!!

was never in the place senan, me mate told me he was playin a 5 hour set, so i asumed there was 2 floors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

for anyone that ever went to the scout dens in malahide...

facebook campaign for a reunion...
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=194196887303&ref=mf&v=info#/group.php?v=wall&ref=mf&gid=194196887303
    For people who love DJ Pressure, white Levis, Packy Willet, Cans on the beach, Cans in the castle, Liam O'Brien, Liam Dollard, Petro Motion, Eclipse, Xworks, Abbey Discs, Tag Records, OD, The Wolf Song, , Ed Case, AirMax, Airmax Triax....................

i would always tend to think that malahide hasnt really changed over the years. full of rich people, pretentious bars, expensive restraunts, yachts and stuck up *****...but for all the residents that dont fall into that category, they sure did know how to put on a session. i use to go to this when i was about 13 or 14 i think...this was my actual first ever rave expereince. couldnt understand how everybody was stratching and i'd never seen people dance on tables before!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Heres one for ya but its not really my bag.....

www.rollidge.com

Heres one for ya but its not really my bag.....

www.rollidge.com

nice one mate, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

was never in the place senan, me mate told me he was, so i asumed there was 2 floors.

Well if it's still the same size as it was in 92 when I was in there after a Debs then it will only hold about 150 people, let alone have 2 floors!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Steo32

I think someone on here was looking for some soundcrowd stuf awhile back, there is a few good tracks from them on this site down the bottom
    http://www.studioworldclass.com/requests.html

Have a good one everyone,

regards
    Ste.;)

stephen_n wrote: »
    Well if it's still the same size as it was in 92 when I was in there after a Debs then it will only hold about 150 people, let alone have 2 floors!

sounds like a really top venue, bout the same size as bensons in the parnell mooney, deadly.:P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

sounds like a really top venue, bout the same size as bensons in the parnell mooney, deadly.:P:D

Well it should have the sort of underground buzz of the old clubs with a low ceiling and all that, but 2 rooms I don't think so!

stephen_n wrote: »
    Well it should have the sort of underground buzz of the old clubs with a low ceiling and all that, but 2 rooms I don't think so!

fair enough my mistake, hope it goes well 4 all involved. not my cuppa anyway, cant capture the energy of the temple in a club that only holds 150 people, the crypt held more than that.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Gen:FX

Howdy Lads -

Happy Christmas to all the thread members (and the mods too ;) ) - Had some good times throughout the year & had many a laugh via the Boards, so here's to another good1 - CHEERS.. :) Gonna pop along to this on Stephen's / Sat night @ The Drake Inn, Finglas Village. Refreshing to see it's not been touted as a 'Reunion' or a 'Trip Back inTime' :rolleyes: The DJs dont need any introduction either IMO. - House Music All Night Long :)

CAF_Drake_26.12.09.jpg

FAO SENAN_S - I got them links, thanks. I'll sort them when I update the site again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

they're awesome:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Merry Christmas to everyone :)
    Multiple hangovers due no doubt :D

crappy himbo lads:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

To all the Asylum/Boards.ie Members,
    Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year,
    enjoy your Crimbo.

merry-christmas.jpg

To all the Asylum/Boards.ie Members,
    Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year,
    enjoy your Crimbo.

merry-christmas.jpg

many happy returns Al, and happy crimbo 2 every1 here on boards.ie:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Leopardi

they're awesome:D

For those interested in other Metroland-related Material, visit the 'Waterford Old Skool Geriatric Ravers' Society' page on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭DEVOTION

FLASHBACK

presents

ULTIMATE OLD SKOOL

with DJs

JAMES DEVLIN
    KARL BRADY
    MARK FITZPATRICK
    KENNY GREENE
    CHRIS LYONS

@ The Ruby Room

Katie Gallaghers, Bray Seafront, Bray (Entrance through the club entrance at the back of the venue)

New Years Eve, 31st December

Doors open at 9pm.

It's New Years Eve; which can only mean one thing – time for the biggest party of the year! Drop down to celebrate with some classic old skool music from legendary clubs such as THE ASYLUM, THE OLYMPIC, SIDES, THE WATERFRONT & THE ORMOND. Experience once again the music that lifted the roofs off legendary these legendary Dublin clubs.

We’ll be covering the entire spectrum of dance floor killers from the uplifting housier classics right through to the ripping German hard trance bombs that destroyed dance floors all over Europe in the early 90’s. Every record is sure to take the roof off.

There's no better way to see in 2010!

Hope to see you all there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

My Temple Theatre reunion review,great nite :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63681262#post63681262

Gen:FX wrote: »
    Howdy Lads -

Happy Christmas to all the thread members (and the mods too ;) ) - Had some good times throughout the year & had many a laugh via the Boards, so here's to another good1 - CHEERS.. :) Gonna pop along to this on Stephen's / Sat night @ The Drake Inn, Finglas Village. Refreshing to see it's not been touted as a 'Reunion' or a 'Trip Back inTime' :rolleyes: The DJs dont need any introduction either IMO. - House Music All Night Long :)

CAF_Drake_26.12.09.jpg

FAO SENAN_S - I got them links, thanks. I'll sort them when I update the site again.

how did this nite go.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭craig_b

is der any old skool nights on for new years apart from 2 raves sum other venue wud b nice......:D

craig_b wrote: »
    is der any old skool nights on for new years apart from 2 raves sum other venue wud b nice......:D

the vaults, thats the only 1 i know of. warren k & mark kavanagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭craig_b

the vaults, thats the only 1 i know of. warren k & mark kavanagh.

na its jus dat we wer in d academy last year and it was all housey **** was good crack change of secenary aswel ye know but it looks like d vaults dis year.....headin in urself....??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Lads getting ready here for NYE :D listening to last night at the Ormond must have listened to it countless times but what a night one of the best ever in Dublin has anyone got a tracklisting for DJ Orbits set what a set it was.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement