Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

Kev k wrote: »
    would any1 be able 2 tell me the name of the song dat goes "you girls look so sexy,i wish u all were up here wit me"??

Here you go Mate,

Nush - U Girls (Look So Sexy) 1994

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭craig_b

Here you go Mate,

Nush - U Girls (Look So Sexy) 1994

serious tune der mate....

any1 got Poppa Large to upload cant find it on youtube:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

we're back up and running for any1 interested in joing up ;)

http://properoldskool.board-directory.com/forum.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Kev k

any1 got Sound Crowd - Odysse of mp3??..just ordered it 2day from discogs,was the only copy on it ,am delighted:D

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

Would anyone have a Dollard Mix from around 93 with Van Basten - Magnetic King, King of Islam, Nations God!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRAqAk_zdrM and Sil - Villa Ducato http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B-TRbwrixM .There was one posted here a few months ago but i don't think its it. Would love to get my hands on it. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭antoinb

Lads Im back whoring my site again old skool cds,vinyls and downloads .
    Im looking to get as many people as possible to subscribe to our upcoming newsletters.Its easy done there is a Newsletter sign up form on the home page but Im struggling with the code at the moment and havent figured out a way to suss out who has come from where when they sign up .
    So Im offering a free download to anyone who mails us at info@littledogdiscs.co.uk just mention this board and Ill send you the details to download Sasha_at_Bellingham_Castle_Ireland_21.05.93.mp3.
    We will be sending out a newsletter every month with news of new stock and deals.
    For example this week Ill be adding the following,have them sorted and on the server just have to physically add the stock to the site
    Sasha - Kaos Productions Volume No.14 Studio Tape 1991.mp3
    Sasha - Kaos Promotions Studio Tape 1990.mp3
    Sasha - Live @ Ministry Of Sound Session (06-08-2004).mp3
    Sasha & Ann Savage @ Ark Leeds November 1994.mp3
    Sasha & Carl Williams @ The Eclipse No.6 Coventry 1991.mp3
    Sasha @ 'Liberty' Manhattan Heights Blackburn 15.08.91.mp3
    Sasha @ Shelleys Laserdome Stoke 31.08.90.mp3
    Sasha @ Up Yer Ronsons Leeds May 1996.mp3
    Sasha_-_Dance_Department_(538)-2007.mp3
    Sasha_-_Dance_Department_in_the_Mix-09.09.2007.mp3
    Sasha_-_grand_Bedroom_Mix_1990.mp3
    Sasha_-_In_Sessions_Maxima_FM-DAB-06-24-2007.mp3
    Sasha_-_Live_at_Creamfields_Buenos_Aires_Metro_95.1-FM-11-11-2006.mp3
    Sasha_-_Live_at_La_Loco_in_Paris_09-13--2002.mp3
    Sasha_-_Live_at_Space_of_Sound_Madrid_Sala_Macumba-DAB-09-16-2007.mp3
    Sasha_-_Live_in_Baden-Baden-DAB-04-25-2006.mp3
    Sasha_-_London_Soundz_Studio_Tape_November_1993.mp3
    Sasha_-_Positive_Studio_Tape_1995.mp3
    Sasha_-_Son_of_God_Studio_Tape_March_1994.mp3
    Sasha_-_Studio_Tape_June_1994.mp3
    Sasha_and_Caeser_at_Ibiza_Spain_1993.mp3
    Sasha_and_Carl_Williams_at_the_Eclipse_T2_Aircraft_Hanger_Thetford_Norfolk_23.08.91.mp3
    Sasha_and_Frankie_Knuckles_at_the_Eclipse_Coventry_1991.mp3
    Sasha_and_Hernan_Cattaneo-Live_at_Creamfields_Buenos_Aires_Metro_95.1-Fm-11-11-2006-2006.mp3
    Sasha_and_John_Digweed_at_Renaissance_Mansfield_1994.mp3
    Sasha_and_John_Digweed-Live_at_Ibiza_Nightclub_Washington_DC_05-04.mp3
    Sasha_and_John_Digweed-Live_at_South_West_Four_Festival-SAT-08-29-2009.mp3
    Sasha_and_Martin_Pickard_at_the_Eclipse_Coventry_mixmag_Night_1991.mp3
    Sasha_and_Paul_Oakenfold_at_Golden_Stoke_1994.mp3
    Sasha_at_Amnesia_House_1990.mp3
    Sasha_at_Bellingham_Castle_Ireland_21.05.93.mp3
    Sasha_at_Dance_Nation_Summer_Ball_Shropshire_18.07.92.mp3
    Sasha_at_delightful_Tower_Ballroom_Hull_1992.mp3
    Sasha_at_Freetown_Stoke_July_1991.mp3
    Sasha_at_Harmony_the_Instsitute_Birmingham_1993.mp3
    Sasha_at_Hypnosis_Manchester_1989.mp3
    Sasha_at_Kaliedescope_1993.mp3
    Sasha_at_Lakota_Bristol_1994.mp3
    Sasha_at_Lakota_one_Love_Bristol_1993.mp3
    Sasha_at_Magic_Carpet_Australia_1992.mp3
    Sasha_at_Miss_Moneypennys_1994.mp3
    Sasha_at_Neuro_Park_Hall_Preston_1991.mp3
    Sasha_at_Pandemonium_Telford_1991.mp3
    Sasha_at_Peace_Fest_1992.mp3
    Sasha_at_Pimp_Wolverhampton_1994.mp3
    Sasha_at_Pimp_Wolverhampton_1995.mp3
    Sasha_at_Renaissance_Mansfield_Early_1993.mp3
    Sasha_at_Renaissance_No.mp3
    Sasha_at_Shelleys_Laserdome_Stoke_(_Sashas_Last_Ever_Shelleys_Set)_1991.mp3
    Sasha_at_Storm_Wakefield_1991.mp3
    Sasha_at_Storm_Wakefield_November_1991.mp3
    Sasha_at_the_Hacienda_Manchester_13.12.89.mp3
    Sasha_at_the_Haciendas_8th_Birthday_Party_Manchester_1994.mp3
    Sasha_at_UK_Club_Tour_1994.mp3
    Sasha_at_UK_Club_Tour_October_1994.mp3
    Sasha_at_Up_Yer_Ronsons_Leeds_15_10_93.mp3
    Sasha_at_Up_Yer_Ronsons_Leeds_1996.mp3
    Sasha_Carl_Cox_and_Paul_Oakenfold_-_UK_Radio-Bootleg-2002.mp3
    Sasha_energy_1991.mp3
    Sasha_N_John_Digweed_-_Live_at_INOX_Electronique_Festival_Fun_Radio-05-17-2008.mp3
    Sasha-Hardwired-SAT-09-29-2007.mp3
    Sasha-Ibiza_Closing_Party-SAT-09-11-2009.mp3
    Sasha-in_the_Mix_at_Virus_Shake-09-22-Sat-2007.mp3
    Sasha-Live_at_Cream_Amnesia_(Ibiza)-SAT-08-12-2007.mp3
    Sasha-Live_at_Invol2ver_Launch_Party_(London)-SAT-08-30-2008.mp3
    Sasha-Live_at_Invol2ver_Launch_Party_3th_Hour_(London)-SBD-08-30-2008.mp3
    Sasha-Live_at_La_Mania_Club_(Romania)-SBD-07-28-2007.mp3
    Sasha-Live_at_Live_Earth_Hamburg_(Germany)_(N24)-07-07-DVBC-2007.mp3
    Sasha-Live_at_Maida_Vale_Rewind_2005_Special_(Essential_Mix)-SAT-10-30-2009.mp3

Next week time permitting Ill get Some Prodigy up,Point Depot,Feile and tons more .
    For old skool you cant go wrong
    ekm2small.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

antoinb wrote: »
    Lads Im back whoring my site again old skool cds,vinyls and downloads .
    Im looking to get as many people as possible to subscribe to our upcoming newsletters.Its easy done there is a Newsletter sign up form on the home page but Im struggling with the code at the moment and havent figured out a way to suss out who has come from where when they sign up .
    So Im offering a free download to anyone who mails us at info@littledogdiscs.co.uk just mention this board and Ill send you the details to download Sasha_at_Bellingham_Castle_Ireland_21.05.93.mp3.
    We will be sending out a newsletter every month with news of new stock and deals.
    For example this week Ill be adding the following,have them sorted and on the server just have to physically add the stock to the site
    Sasha - Kaos Productions Volume No.14 Studio Tape 1991.mp3
    Sasha - Kaos Promotions Studio Tape 1990.mp3
    Sasha - Live @ Ministry Of Sound Session (06-08-2004).mp3
    Sasha & Ann Savage @ Ark Leeds November 1994.mp3
    Sasha & Carl Williams @ The Eclipse No.6 Coventry 1991.mp3
    Sasha @ 'Liberty' Manhattan Heights Blackburn 15.08.91.mp3
    Sasha @ Shelleys Laserdome Stoke 31.08.90.mp3
    Sasha @ Up Yer Ronsons Leeds May 1996.mp3
    Sasha_-_Dance_Department_(538)-2007.mp3
    Sasha_-_Dance_Department_in_the_Mix-09.09.2007.mp3
    Sasha_-_grand_Bedroom_Mix_1990.mp3
    Sasha_-_In_Sessions_Maxima_FM-DAB-06-24-2007.mp3
    Sasha_-_Live_at_Creamfields_Buenos_Aires_Metro_95.1-FM-11-11-2006.mp3
    Sasha_-_Live_at_La_Loco_in_Paris_09-13--2002.mp3
    Sasha_-_Live_at_Space_of_Sound_Madrid_Sala_Macumba-DAB-09-16-2007.mp3
    Sasha_-_Live_in_Baden-Baden-DAB-04-25-2006.mp3
    Sasha_-_London_Soundz_Studio_Tape_November_1993.mp3
    Sasha_-_Positive_Studio_Tape_1995.mp3
    Sasha_-_Son_of_God_Studio_Tape_March_1994.mp3
    Sasha_-_Studio_Tape_June_1994.mp3
    Sasha_and_Caeser_at_Ibiza_Spain_1993.mp3
    Sasha_and_Carl_Williams_at_the_Eclipse_T2_Aircraft_Hanger_Thetford_Norfolk_23.08.91.mp3
    Sasha_and_Frankie_Knuckles_at_the_Eclipse_Coventry_1991.mp3
    Sasha_and_Hernan_Cattaneo-Live_at_Creamfields_Buenos_Aires_Metro_95.1-Fm-11-11-2006-2006.mp3
    Sasha_and_John_Digweed_at_Renaissance_Mansfield_1994.mp3
    Sasha_and_John_Digweed-Live_at_Ibiza_Nightclub_Washington_DC_05-04.mp3
    Sasha_and_John_Digweed-Live_at_South_West_Four_Festival-SAT-08-29-2009.mp3
    Sasha_and_Martin_Pickard_at_the_Eclipse_Coventry_mixmag_Night_1991.mp3
    Sasha_and_Paul_Oakenfold_at_Golden_Stoke_1994.mp3
    Sasha_at_Amnesia_House_1990.mp3
    Sasha_at_Bellingham_Castle_Ireland_21.05.93.mp3
    Sasha_at_Dance_Nation_Summer_Ball_Shropshire_18.07.92.mp3
    Sasha_at_delightful_Tower_Ballroom_Hull_1992.mp3
    Sasha_at_Freetown_Stoke_July_1991.mp3
    Sasha_at_Harmony_the_Instsitute_Birmingham_1993.mp3
    Sasha_at_Hypnosis_Manchester_1989.mp3
    Sasha_at_Kaliedescope_1993.mp3
    Sasha_at_Lakota_Bristol_1994.mp3
    Sasha_at_Lakota_one_Love_Bristol_1993.mp3
    Sasha_at_Magic_Carpet_Australia_1992.mp3
    Sasha_at_Miss_Moneypennys_1994.mp3
    Sasha_at_Neuro_Park_Hall_Preston_1991.mp3
    Sasha_at_Pandemonium_Telford_1991.mp3
    Sasha_at_Peace_Fest_1992.mp3
    Sasha_at_Pimp_Wolverhampton_1994.mp3
    Sasha_at_Pimp_Wolverhampton_1995.mp3
    Sasha_at_Renaissance_Mansfield_Early_1993.mp3
    Sasha_at_Renaissance_No.mp3
    Sasha_at_Shelleys_Laserdome_Stoke_(_Sashas_Last_Ever_Shelleys_Set)_1991.mp3
    Sasha_at_Storm_Wakefield_1991.mp3
    Sasha_at_Storm_Wakefield_November_1991.mp3
    Sasha_at_the_Hacienda_Manchester_13.12.89.mp3
    Sasha_at_the_Haciendas_8th_Birthday_Party_Manchester_1994.mp3
    Sasha_at_UK_Club_Tour_1994.mp3
    Sasha_at_UK_Club_Tour_October_1994.mp3
    Sasha_at_Up_Yer_Ronsons_Leeds_15_10_93.mp3
    Sasha_at_Up_Yer_Ronsons_Leeds_1996.mp3
    Sasha_Carl_Cox_and_Paul_Oakenfold_-_UK_Radio-Bootleg-2002.mp3
    Sasha_energy_1991.mp3
    Sasha_N_John_Digweed_-_Live_at_INOX_Electronique_Festival_Fun_Radio-05-17-2008.mp3
    Sasha-Hardwired-SAT-09-29-2007.mp3
    Sasha-Ibiza_Closing_Party-SAT-09-11-2009.mp3
    Sasha-in_the_Mix_at_Virus_Shake-09-22-Sat-2007.mp3
    Sasha-Live_at_Cream_Amnesia_(Ibiza)-SAT-08-12-2007.mp3
    Sasha-Live_at_Invol2ver_Launch_Party_(London)-SAT-08-30-2008.mp3
    Sasha-Live_at_Invol2ver_Launch_Party_3th_Hour_(London)-SBD-08-30-2008.mp3
    Sasha-Live_at_La_Mania_Club_(Romania)-SBD-07-28-2007.mp3
    Sasha-Live_at_Live_Earth_Hamburg_(Germany)_(N24)-07-07-DVBC-2007.mp3
    Sasha-Live_at_Maida_Vale_Rewind_2005_Special_(Essential_Mix)-SAT-10-30-2009.mp3

Next week time permitting Ill get Some Prodigy up,Point Depot,Feile and tons more .
    For old skool you cant go wrong
    ekm2small.jpg

Any chance you could post a few of them mixes here for FREE!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

This was kindly given to me my a mate of mine Marc yesterday!! Nice one man!! Side A http://www.mediafire.com/?rmnm2nuiqwm and Side B http://www.mediafire.com/?azzeyoyi3tk Looking for id's pretty much for all of it. Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Any chance you could post a few of them mixes here for FREE!:p

Ill be honest with you fella,Ive spent a fair bit of money on them over the last couple of months,when I say them Ive currently about 3000 which Im struggling my way through in my spare time.I have them in their current state at £.99p as I have to pay for the shop and the hosting and payal.My main aim is to sell enough through passing trade to pay for all the above costs and this will allow me the freedom to do proper deals for the subscribers to the shop website.At the moment we are looking at the logistics of say a download club 25 mixes a month for £4 or something like that depending on the deal we can strike with our hosting compant etc.Im chatting to people and trying to get my hands on more hard to get stuff and we are also chatting to some copyright owners of original material that never made it to mp3.

So .... there is one already for free,you just have to sign up for the newsletter to get it...Subscription is the future for us as we have a garunteed audience that we can mail each month.

Any feedback really appreciated Fellas,you are the people we are looking for
    ekm2small.jpg

antoinb wrote: »
    Ill be honest with you fella,Ive spent a fair bit of money on them over the last couple of months,when I say them Ive currently about 3000 which Im struggling my way through in my spare time.I have them in their current state at £.99p as I have to pay for the shop and the hosting and payal.My main aim is to sell enough through passing trade to pay for all the above costs and this will allow me the freedom to do proper deals for the subscribers to the shop website.At the moment we are looking at the logistics of say a download club 25 mixes a month for £4 or something like that depending on the deal we can strike with our hosting compant etc.Im chatting to people and trying to get my hands on more hard to get stuff and we are also chatting to some copyright owners of original material that never made it to mp3.

So .... there is one already for free,you just have to sign up for the newsletter to get it...Subscription is the future for us as we have a garunteed audience that we can mail each month.

Any feedback really appreciated Fellas,you are the people we are looking for
    ekm2small.jpg

Fair play to you and hope your little venture\hobby work out for you!
    Over the last 3 or 4 years myself and a hundres of other oldskool heads
    have been converting our cassette tapes and vinyl old Radio shows tapes and shareing them all for free with anyone feeling nostalgic ;)
    I cant help but feel ripped off in a way when someone is trying to make money out of oldskool music. But in saying that,i know you spend a good bit of your own money in setting this up and your looking for a return.maybe when the site is up and running you could look at other ways of making money,advertising etc..
    Hope it work out!

P..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah I've mixed feelings about this one. On one hand, fairplay to ya for taking the time to actually do something constructive with your time and to try and make a few quid while doing it.
    But on the otherhand, ya cheeky sh1te for trying to make money off someone else's hard work. :D
    Putting aside the individual artists on each mix and the DJ that compiled the mix missing out on any revenue, I'd be mightily p1ssed off if I spent the time to convert an old mix cassette to an MP3 only to find it up for sale on a website.

Is it even legal to do this?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Dude I'd be surprised if that is not highly illegal and I'd guess it's only a matter of time until you get pulled up about it.

Downloading free music is one thing, but this, this is a totally different ball park...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Not being bad mate but this has been tried before. No one on the net will ever pay for Oldskool stuff. Check out www.nioldskool.co.uk, they have almost every available mix ever done in western europe for free.

I appreciate all the effort you have gone to but no one has money anymore to splash out on stuff that is readily available for free elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I know of no one actually paying for old skool downloads when they are widely available for free online (and rightfully so as well)

Zascar wrote: »
    Dude I'd be surprised if that is not highly illegal and I'd guess it's only a matter of time until you get pulled up about it.

Downloading free music is one thing, but this, this is a totally different ball park...

Lads thanks for the feedback ,like i said its what Im looking for.
    The legal issue I have looked into ,You need a licence to sell downloads and this allows you to also stream the audio on your site.The cheapest this licence is available for is £107 and this goes up in price depending on the volume of downloads.
    There is no licence available to cover the rights on the mixes and whoever made the mixes never paid for the rights to them either,they only had the same sort of broadcasting licence.
    Its the same reason that sites with Dj mixes dont get pulled down but sites with stand alone tracks do.

My thinking on the whole issue is as with a lot of things people will pay for the easy option.You guys are like me you dont mind spending hours hunting down mixes and tracks,mooching through forums and following dead links..often to come up with nothing.I can find a lot of stuff with a lot of hard work,a lot of it I couldnt find and I had to buy.So if I bought it in the first place theres more than one person who sold it to me.
    There are a lot of people who cant be arsed and just want somewhere where they can go,pick what they want and have it.

In fairness I work hard all day laying bricks and I cant be arsed with it anymore,Im giving this and a few other internet shops a go and hopefully in a years time Ill be able to pack in my job and tit around the house listening to quality tunes all day.
    Im not going to do that off from anything I get from you lads,but feedback and internet visability for our old skool music site helps loads..
    Anyways as I said thanks for the feedback,if you signed up for my newsletter you got a free mix for your troubles :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Kev k wrote: »
    any1 got Sound Crowd - Odysse of mp3??..just ordered it 2day from discogs,was the only copy on it ,am delighted:D

http://www.mediafire.com/?zb2wnj51i3z

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Over the last 3 or 4 years myself and a hundres of other oldskool heads have been converting our cassette tapes and vinyl old Radio shows tapes and shareing them all for free with anyone feeling nostalgic ;)P..

One thing I noticed from my mediafire account is the ammount of downloads from individual files; in particular compilations. Well more than there are regulars to the tread. Thats fine but when you start to get private messages asking where the last track on a particular volume is without even a hello, please or thank you from someone you dont know or ever heard of, thats down right ignorant in my book. A simple thanks is all the payment I'd expect.
    Although I'd have to say fair juice to you ANTOINB for trying it, cast a big net out, there is some sucker out there who will part with cash;)

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    One thing I noticed from my mediafire account is the ammount of downloads from individual files; in particular compilations. Well more than there are regulars to the tread. Thats fine but when you start to get private messages asking where the last track on a particular volume is without even a hello, please or thank you from someone you dont know or ever heard of, thats down right ignorant in my book. A simple thanks is all the payment I'd expect.
    Although I'd have to say fair juice to you ANTOINB for trying it, cast a big net out, there is some sucker out there who will part with cash;)

that is without a doubt ignorance of the highest dergree, i agree with ya totally Seany. im just glad it hasn't happened me at all, i know what i'd tell them, the cheek!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

jonnny68 wrote: »

oh yeah, ya know i have your back jonny lad, 2 right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Gen:FX

Want to talk copyright ? - Take a peek.
    Want something for nothing ? - Take a peek.

If your a die-hard prodigy fan, you know this stuff already ;)

HOW DO THEY DO IT.
    The Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up.

The video above is a little insight into how easy it is to create a track without resorting to the 'standard' soundpools / sample banks that come with software / hardware. - All you need is a tiny bit of imagination and anything can happen. - (Sample Clearance ???? mmmm, er....who shall I make the cheque out to then :rolleyes: )

FAO : High5 Antoin, KEEP ON TRUCKIN, there's a world beyond this thread.....as you know. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭PatrickD32

I think asking people to pay for sets/tapes is just wrong.

They should be shared freely.

Ive uploaded 100s of sets for people and would never dream of charging them for any.
    Not just for mates but for random people online.

Paying fort sets (if only there was a slap smiley)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Gen:FX

PatrickD32 wrote: »
    I think asking people to pay for sets/tapes is just wrong. They should be shared freely. Ive uploaded 100s of sets for people and would never dream of charging them for any. Not just for mates but for random people online. Paying fort sets (if only there was a slap smiley)
    apaulsig.gif
    Ok, now heres a radical thought... let the punters in the club for nothing. After all, DJ's play tunes that other heads create. If I pay 10 bucks into a venue, what is that 10'r for? ... let me guess, is it to pay the DJ's for playing the set's / tunes or does the lot just go for room hire and the DJ's just play the tunes cuz' they love doing it. I aint taking a swipe at you PatD32 or the posse on here, just trying to put this into perspective (which aint gonna happen anytime soon). I've been offered my own work for a tenner and it didnt even include the artwork. - Laugh My Fuking Ass Off. All my stuff is available for free from the sig below. Click away and download whats you want, save it, mix it, burn it, rip it, send it, tag it, store it, but dont sell it ......... technologic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭PatrickD32

thats fair enogh.
    Gen:FX wrote: »
    Ok, now heres a radical thought... let the punters in the club for nothing. After all, DJ's play tunes that other heads create.
    How about we book IVEE who plays her own productions and no one elses? So she plays her own productions so that might justify a charge? charge for her but not anyone who plays other heads tunes?
    Should we charge for entrance into her as they are her own productions?
    And anyone else who plays other heads tunes, then entrance is free.
    Gen:FX wrote: »
    If I pay 10 bucks into a venue, what is that 10'r for? ... let me guess, is it to pay the DJ's for playing the set's / tunes or does the lot just go for room hire and the DJ's just play the tunes cuz' they love doing it. I aint taking a swipe at you PatD32 or the posse on here, just trying to put this into perspective (which aint gonna happen anytime soon). I've been offered my own work for a tenner and it didnt even include the artwork. - Laugh My Fuking Ass Off. All my stuff is available for free from the sig below. Click away and download whats you want, save it, mix it, burn it, rip it, send it, tag it, store it, but dont sell it ......... technologic :)

Fair enough, but why not charge 10er? Why would you put money into an event you want yourself and people alike to enjoy? And let them in and lose 100s or 1000s of euros.

10er would most probably for
    - venue hire
    - equipment hire (decks, mixer, PA etc if not supplied)
    - security
    - act (flights/accom)
    - advertisement

Im sure you know this.

Often ran smaller gigs for 2 to 5 euro in, just to over cost of venue so as to have a small gig for all to enjoy.

Surely the entrance fee is justified with the cost of running a gig.
    Even do some promoters do over do it, with prices such as 30 r 40.

My whole point was people selling peoples sets is a bit much, what work and effort have they out in to go selling sets?

I just thinking people selling dj sets is a bit much.

If its gna be like that should the dj and producers not get royalties for each set/tune played?? lol My2cents

Organising a gig and selling sets online are totally different altogether.

I don't mind paying money into acts and supporting the organisers of it at all.
    But buying sets from somone with a high meg download speed. and a few cd-rs! No thanks!

PS: what sig?

Or are we totally getting off on wrong foot here? haha

Hang on here folks, paying into a club and and buying an oldskool mix\tracks are totally different. I have no problem paying into a club but buying a 20 year old mix is certainly a no no in my book!:D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Hang on here folks, paying into a club and and buying an oldskool mix\tracks are totally different. I have no problem paying into a club but buying a 20 year old mix is certainly a no no in my book!:D

I know some people are hugely against any type of copyright breech etc - although many don't mind live mixes etc as they have other benefits for the dj's and producers etc in getting their name out there - so some who are totally against downloading mp3's illegally are not bothered with downloading live mixes. Fair enough. However, taking someone else's live mixes you guys found only, and then selling them for a profit, just is not cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Ahh come on lads....yer sounding like a bunch of aul ones......why would ya give a toss about someone using a bit of initiative to make life easier for themselves!!!

I mean you would D/L a pirated MP3 or movie & the artist dont receive a penny so why would ya get all of a sudden up in arms over a few old bootleg mixes being sold by someone:confused:

I mean here is a mix i converted off a tape of mine........

WARREN K ON POWER FM 13-10-1995.MP3
    <SNIP>

Now why would anyone care if it is sold on to make few bob & make life a bit easier to someone who would never otherwise ever hear the mix in the first place unless it has been offered to em.

If i decided to start selling t-shirts in town with the ASYLUM logo on em would ya all be a pis.sed off about that?????

I mean ya all used to go into town blazing up spliffs on the bus scoffing pills to beat the band maybe some doing a bit of stroking to get the money for the weekend & all of a sudden it is immoral & wrong to sell a few CD's of old bootleg mixes........get real!!!

Fu.ck the begrudgers Antoin & go for it

Ahh come on lads....yer sounding like a bunch of aul ones......why would ya give a toss about someone using a bit of initiative to make life easier for themselves!!!

I mean you would D/L a pirated MP3 or movie & the artist dont receive a penny so why would ya get all of a sudden up in arms over a few old bootleg mixes being sold by someone:confused:

I mean here is a mix i converted off a tape of mine........

WARREN K ON POWER FM 13-10-1995.MP3
    <SNIP>

Now why would anyone care if it is sold on to make few bob & make life a bit easier to someone who would never otherwise ever hear the mix in the first place unless it has been offered to em.

If i decided to start selling t-shirts in town with the ASYLUM logo on em would ya all be a pis.sed off about that?????

I mean ya all used to go into town blazing up spliffs on the bus scoffing pills to beat the band maybe some doing a bit of stroking to get the money for the weekend & all of a sudden it is immoral & wrong to sell a few CD's of old bootleg mixes........get real!!!

Fu.ck the begrudgers Antoin & go for it

The thing is with me, i find it hilarious that there are people out there that would pay for mixes in the first place that are 20+ years old :D

Because I'm a believer in "Free" and information etc being 'Free' on the internet (some things, not everything obviously). If something is already free and then someone else is trying to charge for it - that's not cool. How would you like it if you put a lot of time and effort into something, with the intention of sharing it to the worlds audience for free - and someone else took it and started selling it and making profits off the back of your work. I personally would not be impressed

The internet was largely built on the concept of being free and 'sharing' - and I do not support the reversal of these concepts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Zascar wrote: »
    Because I'm a believer in "Free" and information etc being 'Free' on the internet (some things, not everything obviously). If something is already free and then someone else is trying to charge for it - that's not cool. How would you like it if you put a lot of time and effort into something, with the intention of sharing it to the worlds audience for free - and someone else took it and started selling it and making profits off the back of your work. I personally would not be impressed

The internet was largely built on the concept of being free and 'sharing' - and I do not support the reversal of these concepts

I have posted up here Video's that i made with soundtracks, editing, photos, effects etc. on them which took a lot of effort & time to make.....would i be pissed off if someone was selling them to Ravers to make a few quid that i will never otherwise ever meet????............No not at all.........go for it & i hope it makes life a bit easier for them & the recipients enjoy what i have worked on also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement