Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 oldskooltunes

Loads of Asylum tunes:

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Loads of Asylum tunes:

Sorry man but can't link to tracks like that which are covered in copyright! Not all but many...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bluemoon2009

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Sorry man but can't link to tracks like that which are covered in copyright! Not all but many...

alri lads wud use know the names of these tunes. just click their links and it will play automatically cheers;)

http://onlyoldskool.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10479

germulhall wrote: »
    Shame, i'm sure it was worth it back then though!! We'd do anything to fund a night out!! Bought it on Discogs a few years back for 15 euro and is still one of the best purchases i've ever made!!

It would have seemed a good idea alright as the weekend approached and I had no cash - Grab a few CDs and go into Freebird or somewhere and flog them off to funds the night! I'm sure I enjoyed the nights though, probably sold the Billy Nasty one to see him play :pac:

I must pick that one up again actually.

alri lads wud use know the names of these tunes. just click their links and it will play automatically cheers;)

http://onlyoldskool.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10479

Can't see the thread as you have to be a member?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TiptonDowning

Extremely rare stuff from one of the world´s top Dj´s back from 94
    Impossible to find anywhere else.

Paul Oakenfold - Human League - These are the days (Goa Pyramid MWNN Mix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om8mt8mj4uk

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TiptonDowning

Unreal & Mr.Dj Dario - Creator 1996

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkmhiTRRTEY

Another great underrated track from the mid 90´s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bluemoon2009

tdv123 wrote: »
    1st Tune is Quicksilver - I Have A Dream (De Donatis Mix)

http://www.discogs.com/DJ-Quicksilver-I-Have-A-Dream-Bellissima/release/42013

cheers. would ye have a link to that tune anychance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Gen:FX

JDxtra wrote: »
    Sorry mate, nice effort, and thanks a mil for uploading - but most of the mixes were off. What were you using to mix - was it done on a PC in software? Maybe we can advise ways to improve. Great track selection though.
    I'd say it's PC based, with no external mixer for que'ing next track. There's also some definite 'bit crunchin' going on in there so it cant be vinyl (unless it was a low bitrate encoding THEN trans-coded to 192kbps as shown during playback). Them blank bits may also be from the next tune been selected and sent to ram. Thats just a guess, a simple defrag on the drive might sort that out.
    jonnny68 wrote: »
    entitled to your opinion mate but most i spoke to said it wasn't bad at all (not trying to blow my own trumper or anything it's not the best mix ive ever done but not the worst either );)
    Com Check, 1, 2 - 1,2,3,4. -Earth calling Jonny...Come in Jonny. . . . What planet are you on?
    I dont think JDxtra was expressing an opinion, I think he just pointed out a fact that the beats were off. Im surprised, you've been all over the place for the past 20 years and seen (and heard) some of the greats of dance culture. In my opinion I dont class this as 'a mix' - it's simply tracks laid end to end. A mix to me is playing two (or more) tunes bang on tempo and structure for more than a few beats, that actually creates a totally new feel to each tune. Having an understanding of beat counting (bpm), basic song structure (as in) Intro, Verse, Chorus, Breakdown (mid 8) and the rest, will give you solid blocks in your mind to manipulate and mix ANY tune in your box. - As JDxtra said, great tune selection if you want to improve or progress just ask, we are all in this together... sure thats why we come here... aint it. ;)
    PS - I listened to this mix twice... in full.

Gen:FX wrote: »
    I'd say it's PC based, with no external mixer for que'ing next track. There's also some definite 'bit crunchin' going on in there so it cant be vinyl (unless it was a low bitrate encoding THEN trans-coded to 192kbps as shown during playback). Them blank bits may also be from the next tune been selected and sent to ram. Thats just a guess, a simple defrag on the drive might sort that out.

Com Check, 1, 2 - 1,2,3,4. -Earth calling Jonny...Come in Jonny. . . . What planet are you on?
    I dont think JDxtra was expressing an opinion, I think he just pointed out a fact that the beats were off. Im surprised, you've been all over the place for the past 20 years and seen (and heard) some of the greats of dance culture. In my opinion I dont class this as 'a mix' - it's simply tracks laid end to end. A mix to me is playing two (or more) tunes bang on tempo and structure for more than a few beats, that actually creates a totally new feel to each tune. Having an understanding of beat counting (bpm), basic song structure (as in) Intro, Verse, Chorus, Breakdown (mid 8) and the rest, will give you solid blocks in your mind to manipulate and mix ANY tune in your box. - As JDxtra said, great tune selection if you want to improve or progress just ask, we are all in this together... sure thats why we come here... aint it. ;)

Agreed, had a listen to it also and definitely work required... Jonny, what are you mixing on?

cheers. would ye have a link to that tune anychance

sure

http://www.mediafire.com/?ynmmodzqdwy

been looking for this for a while. any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

jaysus man relax lol i never said it was one of my better mixes, for me a proper mix is generally spread over 2+ hours where you take the listener on a "journey" as it were, this was just a collection of Sides classics lumped into an hours mix which is the slot you get given,:)
    Gen:FX wrote: »

Gen FX is there anymore videos of Sides knocking about by the way surely someone must have recorded more than 1 night there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

Sounds like you mixed it on this thing Jonny.

http://twoyoutubevideosandamother****ingcrossfader.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

Lads I may have asked for help here before but cant seem to locate it.Basically ive got some mp3 mixes ive done in past and want to ul to YT.Obv i need to convert to Video somehow first but dont know where to start.Any help please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

I came across some old Shut Up & Dance tunes recently, really good early breakbeat/jungle stuff. Tunes include Autobiography of a Crackhead, Green Man and £20 to Get In.

Anyone remember them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

pueblo wrote: »
    I came across some old Shut Up & Dance tunes recently, really good early breakbeat/jungle stuff. Tunes include Autobiography of a Crackhead, Green Man and £20 to Get In.

Anyone remember them?

Yeah have Autobiography of a Crackhead/Green Man on 12". Going back a few years though. :) '91/'92? Heard Green Man in the Olympic the first time I went. Ah memories. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭moany

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    Lads I may have asked for help here before but cant seem to locate it.Basically ive got some mp3 mixes ive done in past and want to ul to YT.Obv i need to convert to Video somehow first but dont know where to start.Any help please?
    Yes you will have to convert to video but it is very easy. Just open windows movie maker, drag the mp3 onto the screen then select add titles to the video and then press publish movie.

Sound Moany,I'll give it whirl 2day.

Ok all worked fine,bar I have no clue how to break it up into 10min segments.Any help appreciated Moany!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Sound Moany,I'll give it whirl 2day.

Ok all worked fine,bar I have no clue how to break it up into 10min segments.Any help appreciated Moany!

Hello to all, Lots of pages to catch up on in this thread.
    I should of picked easier courses to get back working :D
    Anyone else in same situation ?

This should do it for ya sgtbilko :)
    media.jpg

Sound Derra mate,much appreciated.Been out in wilderness myself for last couple months.

derra wrote: »
    Hello to all, Lots of pages to catch up on in this thread.
    I should of picked easier courses to get back working :D
    Anyone else in same situation ?

This should do it for ya sgtbilko :)
    media.jpg

I've tried this couple times.Seems to split it alright,but is recording into file as one long video still with few second gaps every 10 mins!!Does YT maybee pick up on these splits ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Cheers man thks.Yeah could be a remix of that alrite.
    Felixdhc wrote: »
    The 2nd one sound like a remix of 'People Livin Today' by Semi Real (FSOL)

http://www.discogs.com/Semi-Real-People-Livin-Today/master/13160

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

I've tried this couple times.Seems to split it alright,but is recording into file as one long video still with few second gaps every 10 mins!!Does YT maybee pick up on these splits ?

Best to split your audio into 10 min segments, maybe download and use the splitter in the following link to do the split. Google free mp3 splitter for others to try.

http://www.yaosoft.com/

Put your 10 mins .mp3 into Movie maker, throw a few pics in or whatever and your done.

YT will only upload what ya give it per file.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement