Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

A sun reader, what a surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

A sun reader, what a surprise.

Strike 3.......dont read any of the papers chief as they are all propagated bullsh.it that regurgitate the same drip fed lies from the same source, but just thought your problem would fit right in with the rest of Deirdres whingers:D;)

So just to expand on your post a little what do you pride your self on reading to be informed of current affairs....The Times, The Indo.........sad sad sad

You find it sad that some body reads a newspaper? You just keep your ear to the ground then? On of these peole that went to the university of life.

Ps. I read the times and the guardian

You find it sad that some body reads a newspaper? You just keep your ear to the ground then? On of these peole that went to the university of life.

Ps. I read the times and the guardian

This conversation has already been tallked over enough times but to summarise...........

It is not sad to read a newspaper but only sad if you beleive what is being presented in said papers as fact is true.

When something happens in the world it needs to be carefully reported with a veil over it to portray the story in the way the powers that be want it portrayed & to keep the general public coersed & beleiving the story the way they want.

I guage for my self where the truth lies & do not blindly accept what is printed on paper must be fact!

I heard jim corr posted on boards and it's true.

• Advertisement

I heard jim corr posted on boards and it's true.
    "Billybigunz does cocaine"

Because that:rolleyes: is written does it make it true????

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Ah lads dont stop now, this is better than the cartoon.
    I hope your cartoon is 100% politically correct, would'nt want to rub anybody up the wrong way.
    There could be a fatwa on you. You could be putting Fcukdonut in a bad light, quick change you IP address:D:D

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Ah lads dont stop now, this is better than the cartoon.
    I hope your cartoon is 100% politically correct, would'nt want to rub anybody up the wrong way.
    There could be a fatwa on you. You could be putting Fcukdonut in a bad light, quick change you IP address:D:D

Your right Seany i should consider the end outcome before posting illustrations of such a defamatory nature, i will go home & inflict a session a self flagellation upon myself for being so insensitive to all the poor Trance Crackers.....its not their fault they no not what they do:D

Just for clarity on this.....i dont give a sh.it if yer into Tiesto, 2 unlimited or Dr. Alban just wont ever be on my HDD or stereo & i wont be ever going to a venue to see em but if thats your bag thats your bag. Just thought the cartoons context was right for an oldskool thread as it references KLF & Spiral tribe reclaiming the Rave from these 'Dutch trance pussies':D

I used to listen to KLF till it came outta my ears, what was the name of that album they had, the one with Moo Moo track on it?

Some usefull links, just to keep your Internet Oldskool Addiction going:D

THE OLD SKOOL DUBLIN RAVERS JERIATRIC SOCIETY
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=10052461829

the asylum "dance club" 92-96 out-patients group
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=87655357097

SIDES D.C.
    http://www.facebook.com/search/?flt=1&q=SIDES+DC&o=69&sid=100000728944356.4059559970..1&s=20#!/pages/SIDESDC/271922924078?ref=mf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

WEEKEND LINE UP FOR http://onlyoldskool.com/radio.html

100% OLD SKOOL (I'm playing a Rave/Hardcore set from 8 > 9 tonight)

The radio is open for people to play weather they are beginners or experianced dj's and we want to encourage new people of the forum to try and spin some of the tunes they like to play. So can people please refrian from critisizing anybody that plays as its not the sort of vibe we want and it's not a mixing competion, its a station set up for forum members to have some fun. anybody who does this after a warning will be banned from the chatroom for good.

Onlyoldskool Radio.......Friday March 12th & 13th & 14th March...

Friday line-up so far.....(12th March)

5 - 6pm.....JAKEY BOY (aka shelleys)

6 - 7pm.....DJ F K ZAMAN

7 - 8pm.....MOGWAI

8 - 9pm....JONNY.....(Hardcore set)

9 - 10pm.....PINKIE

10 - 11pm....WRIGHTY

11 - 12am.....KY SCRATCHMASTER B2B DJ IMPACT

12 - 4am.....DOUGIE P

Saturday line-up so far.....(13th March)

5 - 6pm......

6 - 7pm.....ALTON 8

7 - 8pm.....PINHEAD.....(Got to be sound checked)

8 - 9pm.....BARRY M

9 - 10pm.....BAZFALTY.....(Baz`s bottom of the deep ocean mix)

10 - 11pm.....

11 - 12am.....DOUGIE P

12 - 1am.....CAMERON J

Sunday line-up so far.....(14th March)...(85-93 OLDSKOOL SUNDAYS)

6 - 7pm.....

7 - 8pm.....PINKIE.....(89-90 set)

8 - 10.30pm.....WRIGHTY`S SUNDAY COMEDOWN SPECIAL

P.S. ALSO IF ANYONE WANTS TO DO AN EARLIER SET ON FRIDAY THAN TIMES STATED PLEASE PM ME OR LEAVE A POST UP! THANKS AGAIN,DA MANAGEMENT

IMPORTANT!!!!:-

ANY NEW DJ`S WANTING TO PLAY NEED TO BE SOUND CHECKED 4-5 DAYS BEFORE PLEASE SO NO PROBLEMS WILL OCCUR PRIOR TO THEIR SET!!

ANY DJ`S WHO ARE INTERESTED IN PLAYING AN HOUR ON THE RADIO PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH PINKIEQPR(THATS ME:) BY PM!!!

ALSO ANY NEW DJ`S WHO WOULD LIKE TO PLAY & MAYBE REGULARLY WE REALLY WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU POST ON THE SITE AS PREFERENCES WILL ALWAYS GO TO THE REGULARS ON THE SITE 1ST!!! THANKS AGAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭DEVOTION

The traditional Paddy's Eve 'Flashback' in Bray. Always a great night over the past 5 years!

flashback16thmarchlowre.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

Here is a look back at The Asylum Dance Club,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Kev k

Here is a look back at The Asylum Dance Club,

great video..any 1 no the name of the song??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Kev k wrote: »
    great video..any 1 no the name of the song??

name of the tune is 'MARC ET CLAUDE - DEUX PETITES DIFFERENCES'

:D

nice 1 man:)

Excuse my ignorance but these 4 Youtube Olympic videos are the ones which was made up into the 45 minute DVD which was posted up here in parts a while back, cause I never actually got the DVD.
    PS Tanx AL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

they are indeed sean.what you'd give for 1 nite like that.:D
    SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance but these 4 Youtube Olympic videos are the ones which was made up into the 45 minute DVD which was posted up here in parts a while back, cause I never actually got the DVD.
    PS Tanx AL

• Advertisement

aceberg wrote: »
    they are indeed sean.what you'd give for 1 nite like that.:D

Like I said before I'm working on a spare part for my Flux Capacitor, all going well I shall be there again soon, hense the signature below:)

Found this clip up in the Ma's House with all my flyer's on Mother's Day,
    It was in the Herald in the early 1990's,
    It was taken on one of the Night,s it was raided.

scans0001.jpg

ha ha deadly.have to laught at ''rave'' disco :D

also the teenagers arrested were between 14 and 17 **** me my son is 15 if i knew he was ding that **** at his age id go bonkers :eek:

were u there by any chance.
    Found this clip up in the Ma's House with all my flyer's on Mother's Day,
    It was in the Herald in the early 1990's,
    It was taken on one of the Night,s it was raided.

scans0001.jpg

ha ha deadly.have to laught at ''rave'' disco :D

also the teenagers arrested were between 14 and 17 **** me my son is 15 if i knew he was ding that **** at his age id go bonkers :eek:

were u there by any chance.

Na, wasn't there that night, I was there a week or two before ,
    I will all way's remember one of the nights I was in there ,
    some guy swallowed his tounge on mad bastard's , and had to be carted off in an ambulance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

some guy swallowed his tounge on mad bastard's , and had to be carted off in an ambulance.

holy sh1t, dont hear much of that lark with the crap thats out nowadays, they're muck!!!:(

frightning thought that.ever find out how he got on

frightning thought that.ever find out how he got on

As far as I know he did not Die..
    Long time ago now.

Ye people would drop like flies back around the time of the mad bastards it was par for the course........you would see lads being carried by a few down to the jax to get water thrown on their face & would always hear 'check his tongue, check his tongue' & as soon as they came around back out giving it socks like nothing happened......mate of mine cully was a fu.ck for collapsing all the time used to get annoying some nights:mad:

any one got "Cocktail Twins - pressure on" on mp3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭clayton1

my top 5 favourite nostalgic dance tunes:

5 - YOMC - great feelings.
    4 - Outer Rhythm - piano madness.
    3 - Soundcrowd - ringsend.
    2 - Mrs. Wood - joanna.
    1 - Punchanella - San trancisco.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement