Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Do you remember this on Distraxion label 93?

Here is the mp3 people
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mhjwku23xtn

A real Olympic gem there Paddy;) I have it in a mix on tape ,somewhere although the version I remember is a bit more housey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Kev k

Closley followed by this one which i think you will like from the ASYLUM....track three on record below,
    noom004b.jpgnoom004a.jpg
    Jim clarke - daytona ep .
    (noom 4) 12"
    1. daytona
    2. gear box
    3. get funky
    4. silverstone

[/QUOTE]
    think that has 2 be one of the best songs ive ever heard:)..heard it ages ago but didnt know the name,but as soon as i found out the name i ordered it on discogs,should be on its way from germany i think :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Kev k wrote: »
    Closley followed by this one which i think you will like from the ASYLUM....track three on record below,
    noom004b.jpgnoom004a.jpg
    Jim clarke - daytona ep .
    (noom 4) 12"
    1. daytona
    2. gear box
    3. get funky
    4. silverstone

think that has 2 be one of the best songs ive ever heard:)..heard it ages ago but didnt know the name,but as soon as i found out the name i ordered it on discogs,should be on its way from germany i think :p

thats the key fella for ya, he knows his stuff when it comes to oldskool. no better man;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Here is the mp3 people
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mhjwku23xtn

A real Olympic gem there Paddy;) I have it in a mix on tape ,somewhere although the version I remember is a bit more housey

Yes i think you may be right......think i remember hearing a later mix in SIDES that was different to this one but class track alright thanks paddy;)
    Kev k wrote: »

I would say i treasure that one as the most precious NOOM track on Vinyl i have alright.......love it a lot.......this one below is the most prized Vinyl i have, The original First Voyage EP on the discogs link below

http://www.discogs.com/Pyrate-The-First-Voyage-EP/master/92640

Heres another Viinyl track i have that i love (side B) might not be to everyones taste......

Silver Cube

A. Pull Up
    B. Steam

Silver Cube - Steam.MP3

http://www.discogs.com/Silver-Cube-Pull-Up/release/2161305

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

Anyone ID the tune from about 4.00 minutes in to the end, I've been looking for it for years.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

f22 wrote: »

Anyone ID the tune from about 4.00 minutes in to the end, I've been looking for it for years.

Thanks

Not sure buddy, but would like to know also :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

Here is a tune I heard all those years ago on the Party Zone on MTV,
    when I heard it , I thought it was a F**ken deadly tune,
    I still do....
    on Mtv they named it as Zolex -Blackout, don't know if that is a different name for it, I thought it was called Zolex - Blackout

http://www.discogs.com/Zolex-Black-Out/release/5022

This is what it is called here,

Zolex - Time Modulator

<
    " frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

I still do....
    on Mtv they named it as Zolex -Blackout, don't know if that is a different name for it, I thought it was called Zolex - Blackout

Zolex - Time Modulator

<

ya got an mp3 Al, top tune!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

I still do....

Zolex - Time Modulator

<

Al i remember this track well from the party zone.Have it recorded on a video tape along with a load of other stuff i used to record off the party zone.As far as i can remember the video is based around a spinning head kinnda reminds me on the head in the hellraiser movies.And as far as i can remember the mix of the track played on the party zone is better that the youtube u posted .Well imo anyways.I also had this track on a Dj Dag mix called Dj Dag vol ii.The tape got wiped on me,still on the look out for it.

Lads how do i embed the youtube videos now.Used to copy all that computer lingo on the right hand side of the youtube video that you wanted to u/l.but it aint there anymore.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yeah love that Blackout track by Zolex, remember from MTV alright and it was also on a cheesy mix I had from back then -

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Techno-Trance-Megamix-94/release/209612

It was one of those megamixes where the tracks were all cut short, poxy but some excellent tracks on all the same!

Indo Tribe - Owl

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

aceberg wrote: »
    Al i remember this track well from the party zone.Have it recorded on a video tape along with a load of other stuff i used to record off the party zone.As far as i can remember the video is based around a spinning head kinnda reminds me on the head in the hellraiser movies.And as far as i can remember the mix of the track played on the party zone is better that the youtube u posted .Well imo anyways.I also had this track on a Dj Dag mix called Dj Dag vol ii.The tape got wiped on me,still on the look out for it.

Lads how do i embed the youtube videos now.Used to copy all that computer lingo on the right hand side of the youtube video that you wanted to u/l.but it aint there anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHPm1Pbr7Gk

ok so i'll give it a go.Here's a track from that Dj Dag mix i was on about.Deadly track

o and by the way that mix ya call cheesy aint too bad at all.:D

ya got an mp3 of this ace?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭antoinb

I havent been on in a while as Ive been ultra busy,catching up on some of the older posts I was blown away when I saw a link to my little site on Caffs signature.Thanks Fella you have no idea how appreciated that is.....

Ive been working away on different aspects of my site and am posting a link here to one of the download pages ,any constructive citicism would be well recieved.
    The audio button says demo for the time being (im only testing the little mp3 player,when I buy a licence this will dissapear).

http://youraccount.ekmpowershop14.com/ekmps/shops/littlebrowndog/danny-rampling-milk-bar-soho-london-92-1297-p.asp

Im working on a guide explaining ripping vinyl to mp3.I more or less know what Im doing in that department but writing it down as an article is harder than I thought.
    I will be publishing it on my site in parts as I do them and Im hoping with some input from guys here and other forums we can eventually have a definitive guide that people use and share.
    I should have the first part ready in a week or so,will post more info here when I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Not been on this thread in ages some wicked tunes posted keep em coming folks:):)

Na man sorry.Just the y/t rip thats all.
    es-cee wrote: »
    ya got an mp3 of this ace?

Na man sorry.Just the y/t rip thats all.

no worries ace:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Probably my favourite track from back then....

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

SuprSi wrote: »
    Probably my favourite track from back then....

;)
    Luna Eclipse - The Return Home Solar Mix
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wd4gdi200ux

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Gen:FX

antoinb wrote: »
    I havent been on in a while as Ive been ultra busy,catching up on some of the older posts I was blown away when I saw a link to my little site on Caffs signature.Thanks Fella you have no idea how appreciated that is.....Ive been working away on different aspects of my site and am posting a link here to one of the download pages ,any constructive citicism would be well recieved.The audio button says demo for the time being (im only testing the little mp3 player,when I buy a licence this will dissapear). http://youraccount.ekmpowershop14.com/ekmps/shops/littlebrowndog/danny-rampling-milk-bar-soho-london-92-1297-p.asp
    Im working on a guide explaining ripping vinyl to mp3.I more or less know what Im doing in that department but writing it down as an article is harder than I thought.
    I will be publishing it on my site in parts as I do them and Im hoping with some input from guys here and other forums we can eventually have a definitive guide that people use and share.
    I should have the first part ready in a week or so,will post more info here when I do
    No bother Antoin, - I'd urge other folk here to do it also on their travels around the net..... on another note, I put a new video machine together and having a few niggly probs with the system, new videos are delayed for a few weeks :o - (ah' sure yiz all should be used to that b'now.... :rolleyes: -

PS- if your on Eircom BB... run a speed check, I got upped to the 7Megabit rate last week - at NO EXTRA COST. :P
    Run a speedcheck here for what ever BB provider you use. http://www.irishisptest.com
    No need to sign up just look down the page for the run test link.

• Advertisement

I got the Track ID area back up and running on my Rebuzz site. It's far from complete, but there's almost a thousend tunes ID'd and ready to roll right now. They're streaming in *WMA format, I'm not a lover of *WMA but it suits the site,... more bang & less bits. They'll play instantaly on any media player (providing you have it set-up right ;) ) - Click the link below and hit any letter of the alphabet. If you dont clear your cookie / cache your machine will remember what you've already listened to on each visit. - I actually find it very handy myself, it reactivates those Fuzz'y neurons floating around the aul' noodle, if you catch my drift. :)

http://homepage.eircom.net/~rebuzzdefuzz/index.html

PS : there's a few in there that slipped through the net during a batch conversion, but I left them in as there's very few. ;)

Gen:FX wrote: »
    I got the Track ID area back up and running on my Rebuzz site. It's far from complete, but there's almost a thousend tunes ID'd and ready to roll right now. They're streaming in *WMA format, I'm not a lover of *WMA but it suits the site,... more bang & less bits. They'll play instantaly on any media player (providing you have it set-up right ;) ) - Click the link below and hit any letter of the alphabet. If you dont clear your cookie / cache your machine will remember what you've already listened to on each visit. - I actually find it very handy myself, it reactivates those Fuzz'y neurons floating around the aul' noodle, if you catch my drift. :)

http://homepage.eircom.net/~rebuzzdefuzz/index.html

PS : there's a few in there that slipped through the net during a batch conversion, but I left them in as there's very few. ;)

Caf just had a listen to some of the track id's.There only samples yeah.

Caf just had a listen to some of the track id's.There only samples yeah.
    Yeah, afraid so ACE. There's no way I could afford the bandwidth bills, nore the court fee's if they were full tunes. ;) - It just purley to refresh the memory and identify names of artists and tunes on the fly. The tunes all average about 20 seconds each and stream at 32kbps stereo. That keeps the cease and desist letters at bay as I stay within the copyright infringement laws. The site is really geared towards the 'new Crew' getting into dancemusic, helping to ID old tunes, it's not really for old skoolers. (though a few said they loved it last time I posted it)

I did have another version of the site that linked to the videos via Youtube, but since accounts appear and disappear on that site every few days I had to pull it..... theres' no way I could keep my links updated. Thinking about linking artists / tunes to Discogs - I've a few thousend tunes in the works at the min for that version, but no date set when thats getting posted. I'm not workin at the minute so I have time to play about with some ideas. - If there anybody in the Digital Hub reading this,...... I'm available :P

Yeah, afraid so ACE. There's no way I could afford the bandwidth bills, nore the court fee's if they were full tunes. ;) - It just purley to refresh the memory and identify names of artists and tunes on the fly. The tunes all average about 20 seconds each and stream at 32kbps stereo. That keeps the cease and desist letters at bay as I stay within the copyright infringement laws. The site is really geared towards the 'new Crew' getting into dancemusic, helping to ID old tunes, it's not really for old skoolers. (though a few said they loved it last time I posted it)

I did have another version of the site that linked to the videos via Youtube, but since accounts appear and disappear on that site every few days I had to pull it..... theres' no way I could keep my links updated. Thinking about linking artists / tunes to Discogs - I've a few thousend tunes in the works at the min for that version, but no date set when thats getting posted. I'm not workin at the minute so I have time to play about with some ideas. - If there anybody in the Digital Hub reading this,...... I'm available :P

Ah yeah no worries Caf was just thinking it was me the way i was d/l or something thats all.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

PS- if your on Eircom BB... run a speed check, I got upped to the 7Megabit rate last week - at NO EXTRA COST. :P
    link.

Got a letter about this yesterday, just waiting on the Bray exchange and all systems go !
    Whats your upload speed now Caf?
    http://www.nextgenerationbroadband.ie/

derra wrote: »
    Got a letter about this yesterday, just waiting on the Bray exchange and all systems go !
    Whats your upload speed now Caf?
    Howdy Derra, long time no see,... I've ran the test twice a day for the past few days and it's pretty consistant - The Download speed is 6.4Megabits up to 6.8Megabits both day and night and Upload speed is hovering around 500kbps (half a megabit). My account was a 3.0Mb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

No bother Antoin, - I'd urge other folk here to do it also on their travels around the net..... .

Modified my sig to get more onto it.........stuck littledogdiscs on it & had to use yer own pic off yer site to link to yours caf cause your site logo is to big........cheers for the track id pages caf & hope the record sales are picking up antoin cause the brick laying aint gonna for a while:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Howdy Derra, long time no see,... I've ran the test twice a day for the past few days and it's pretty consistant - The Download speed is 6.4Megabits up to 6.8Megabits both day and night and Upload speed is hovering around 500kbps (half a megabit). My account was a 3.0Mb.

Good man Caf, hope all is well :)
    Them speeds look good to me though wish Eircom increase the upload to 1Mb buts thats getting greedy !
    An extra €10 a month gets you unlimited usage which is worth considering if ya download and upload a fair bit.

your site logo is to big........cheers for the track id pages caf
    Nice1 Key. I keep meaning to do a smaller image for the sig, it is a bit big alright (it's a direct link to the actual header from the Rebuzz site)
    An extra €10 a month gets you unlimited usage which is worth considering if ya download and upload a fair bit.
    Don't fall for that D,... the small print says the Unlimited Use is capped at 250gb. Thats a massive ammount, BUT it's not really unlimited if they put a limit (cap) on it.

• Advertisement

Good man Caf, hope all is well :)
    Them speeds look good to me though wish Eircom increase the upload to 1Mb buts thats getting greedy !

seen that meself derra, like caf says there is a limit. anythin that sounds too good to be true from eircom usually is. i'm thinkin bout movin to ntl ot upc as they're known now, for the same price ya get 15MB BB and unlimited useage, not sure if they have a cap???? but speed wise its a bargain compared to eircom.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement