Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

aceberg wrote: »
    Any samples

I'll try geting samples up 2mr,for anyone who hasn't got the mix....

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jwnyizl2hjj/jay_carey_downstairs_set.MP3

This tune had my head melted for years,couldn't remember the name of it!

Fookin' stomper

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

SLIM---TRIP DOWN SACKVILLE LANE this is mix by a m8 of mine anyone who use to be on NI will kno him this is a real underground asylum trance i hope u enjoy http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mbzoljogto4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Have a few mixes from slim there alrite Mark and there excellent.Would love a few tracklists.:D
    DUB33 wrote: »
    SLIM---TRIP DOWN SACKVILLE LANE this is mix by a m8 of mine anyone who use to be on NI will kno him this is a real underground asylum trance i hope u enjoy http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mbzoljogto4

Had a quick listen the first track is Blokka - Dig Deep
    sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    Any help appreciated in Id'ing some tunes of the Jay Carey - Trance seduction mix...

1. First tune
    2. 38:00
    3. 1:01.10
    4. 1:09.31

Sure i have one or two of these on HD,but memory is fading with age.Tnx

• Advertisement

Nice mix...

Any chance of gettin these two nice tunes Id'd??

1. @ 47:29

2. @ 1:14.10 (This was intro tune on my first WK tape,loved it!!)

Have a few mixes from slim there alrite Mark and there excellent.Would love a few tracklists.:D
    Slim dosn.t do tracklist's Ace lol, he has one of the best record collections i ever came across :cool:

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Slim dosn.t do tracklist's Ace lol, he has one of the best record collections i ever came across :cool:

I can imagine, he threw up endless crackers over on NI in its early days.

Jaysus those days of NI are oldskool enough themselves now, it would have been over 5 years ago.

This was one of many that Slim IDd for me back then... great track, had it on a Justin Robertson mix.

Katana - Erotmania

Nice mix...

Any chance of gettin these two nice tunes Id'd??

1. @ 47:29

2. @ 1:14.10 (This was intro tune on my first WK tape,loved it!!)

1.LINEAR LOGIC - ITS NOT OVER

2.Spoonio - Do One More is the one coming in not sure i know the 1 before,can't remember

Ha ha i know Mark.I do actually know some of the tracks on his mixes.Must do samples for the rest.

And actually while I see it there just have to post this, great track...

Jopan - Ghost

Which mixed very well on another Justin Robertson mix with this gem... a top tune. If memory serves me AntoH IDd this one for me.

Slack - Painkiller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Jopan - Ghost

Which mixed very well on another Justin Robertson mix with this gem... a top tune. If memory serves me AntoH IDd this one for me.

Slack - Painkiller
    You beauty! Never knew the name of this one - had it on some random mix years ago, loved this kind of stuff but always found it really hard to get

Edit: Just listening to this again now, my god it brings back memories. Had completely forgotten about this gem.

joker77 wrote: »
    You beauty! Never knew the name of this one - had it on some random mix years ago, loved this kind of stuff but always found it really hard to get

Edit: Just listening to this again now, my god it brings back memories. Had completely forgotten about this gem.

Yeah its a stunning track, certainly one of my favourites from back then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

anyone ever get the names of the two last pressure tracks played before orbit came on the last night of the Ormond?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Gen:FX

Any help appreciated in Id'ing some tunes of the Jay Carey - Trance seduction mix...

1. First tune
    2. 38:00
    3. 1:01.10
    4. 1:09.31

Sure i have one or two of these on HD,but memory is fading with age.Tnx
    I sent a text to Jay yesterday about these, (It's still pending at the minute.... de'Aul bastid prob has me blocked again ... :o ) - I should be able to catch him via another site though.

Jopan - Ghost

Slack - Painkiller

Top track that slack.Tis on that mix Mark threw up from Slim.Actually i think that Ghost track is on it aswell.lol

Gen:FX wrote: »
    I sent a text to Jay yesterday about these, (It's still pending at the minute.... de'Aul bastid prob has me blocked again ... :o ) - I should be able to catch him via another site though.

ok did a quick Tracklist up.Here's what i know of the top of my head.
    I'm sure i know 5 and defo know 8 and 12 but i9 off to do some painting now so later.:D

DJ Jay Carey - Trance Seduction

1.Blokka - Dig Deep
    2.Illuminatae - Montevideo
    3.JOE T VANELLI - PLAYING WITH THE VOICES
    4.KATANA AKA DJ Randy - Erotmania, 1993, Downtown, DTR1059 - Original Mix
    6.Baby Doc & The Dentist - Catalan rising
    9.LINEAR LOGIC - ITS NOT OVER
    10.Flammable - Steppin To The Sound
    11.YUM YUM - 3 MINUATE WARNING (ORG)
    13.P.C.L - When Your Moving

14.Spoonio - Do One More
    15.Sultana - Te Amo
    16.Funk Patrol - I Can't Wait
    17.Chapter 9 - rollercoaster.

Top track that slack.Tis on that mix Mark threw up from Slim.Actually i think that Ghost track is on it aswell.lol

Dave winnie will kill u if u keep telling ppl the name of tunes off his mix's lol Ace that ghost track isn't on it

Already knew the Slack - painkiller track b4 Dave put the y/t up so leave him alone.:D
    Dave winnie will kill u if u keep telling ppl the name of tunes off his mix's lol Ace that ghost track isn't on it

ok did a quick Tracklist up.Here's what i know of the top of my head.
    I'm sure i know 5 and defo know 8 and 12 but i9 off to do some painting now so later.:D

DJ Jay Carey - Trance Seduction

1.Blokka - Dig Deep
    2.Illuminatae - Montevideo
    3.JOE T VANELLI - PLAYING WITH THE VOICES
    4.KATANA AKA DJ Randy - Erotmania, 1993, Downtown, DTR1059 - Original Mix
    6.Baby Doc & The Dentist - Catalan rising
    9.LINEAR LOGIC - ITS NOT OVER
    10.Flammable - Steppin To The Sound
    11.YUM YUM - 3 MINUATE WARNING (ORG)
    12.Back II Front* - Ibiza
    13.P.C.L - When Your Moving

14.Spoonio - Do One More
    15.Sultana - Te Amo
    16.Funk Patrol - I Can't Wait
    17.Chapter 9 - rollercoaster.

I think 12 is Back II Front* - Ibiza

:D Now I'm defo going to listen to the mix and see what tracks I can ID, love an aul challenge!

• Advertisement

:D Now I'm defo going to listen to the mix and see what tracks I can ID, love an aul challenge!

he wont even tell me ffs lol i shud b going over to him 2nite for a session so il do a sneacky look lol :cool:

he wont even tell me ffs lol i shud b going over to him 2nite for a session so il do a sneacky look lol :cool:

There's about 4 or so that I know anyway... the last one I know very well and actually have it but the name won't come to me! Sneak a look at the last one first, its really doing my nut in.

And come to think of it, seeing as seeing Slims name made me think of Painkiller, maybe he IDd it for me back then.

The last track is Trance Induction - N.Excelent track and as far as i know it's on 1 of the other Jay Carey mixes.Thats why i purchased it on vinyl a while back:p

http://www.discogs.com/Trance-Induction-Context-Control-EP/master/43486

I did say i knew some of them Mark:D
    There's about 4 or so that I know anyway... the last one I know very well and actually have it but the name won't come to me! Sneak a look at the last one first, its really doing my nut in.

The last track is Trance Induction - N.Excelent track and as far as i know it's on 1 of the other Jay Carey mixes.Thats why i purchased it on vinyl a while back:p

I did say i knew some of them Mark:D

Ah yeah, its on the first Trance Europe Express, knew it was very familiar!

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Trance-Europe-Express/release/17822

Lets do our own tracklist so if ya reckon there's about 4 you don't know.Somebody else may know the others.Then there be no need for Mark to do 1 on Slim.:D

Rite man help me out here if ya can .There's a few of these tracks wrecking my head.The 1st 7th and 14th i know i know them can't think of them at the minuate.Any ideas.And the 5th aswell is a top tune

This is all i can get so far:

1 Resistance D - Skyline (Bytes Mix)
    3 Slack - Painkiller
    6 Quartermain - Flow Motion
    11 Dj Hell-My Definition of house
    16 Trance Induction - N

Lets do our own tracklist so if ya reckon there's about 4 you don't know.Somebody else may know the others.Then there be no need for Mark to do 1 on Slim.:D

Nah it's about 4 I think I do know, not don't know! I'll have a scan through them now again and see what blanks can be filled.

Ok, number 1 is Resistance D - Skyline (Bytes Mix)

• Advertisement

Don't know track 4.... 5 sounds familiar, think maybe something on Platipus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement