Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Nah thats it, all I know! Looks like Mark will have to drag them out of him!

That Resistance D remix of My Definition of House is such a quality track, long time since I've heard that. Actually it was on the only mix I ever recorded to mp3 and put up on NI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭CelticSpirit

DUB33 wrote: »
    SLIM---TRIP DOWN SACKVILLE LANE this is mix by a m8 of mine anyone who use to be on NI will kno him this is a real underground asylum trance i hope u enjoy http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mbzoljogto4

Thanks for posting DUB33.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Nah thats it, all I know! Looks like Mark will have to drag them out of him!

That Resistance D remix of My Definition of House is such a quality track, long time since I've heard that. Actually it was on the only mix I ever recorded to mp3 and put up on NI.

Cheers man thks for trying anyways.

Mistake

aceberg wrote: »
    Rite man help me out here if ya can .There's a few of these tracks wrecking my head.The 1st 7th and 14th i know i know them can't think of them at the minuate.Any ideas.And the 5th aswell is a top tune

This is all i can get so far:

1 Resistance D - Skyline (Bytes Mix)
    3 Slack - Painkiller
    6 Quartermain - Flow Motion
    11 Dj Hell - My Definition of house
    14 State Of House - Real Dreams
    16 Trance Induction - N

Another 1 added finally came back to me.Was wrecking my head all last nite.Went to bed and it came back to me,just checked the vinyl there aswell to be sure.And by the ways it's another top track love it:D

http://www.discogs.com/State-Of-House-Pacific-Dance/release/127332

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dirt bird

Hows it goin ladies and gents?Its been great reading through all the posts and listening to all the old mixes.I went to all the great dublin clubs and was a regular in a few of them.Warren was my fav dj in the asylum and listening again to the nye 93 mix brings back some memorys.I suppose your all familiar with this tune,but ill post it anyway,its a belter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Dirt bird wrote: »
    Hows it goin ladies and gents?Its been great reading through all the posts and listening to all the old mixes.I went to all the great dublin clubs and was a regular in a few of them.Warren was my fav dj in the asylum and listening again to the nye 93 mix brings back some memorys.I suppose your all familiar with this tune,but ill post it anyway,its a belter.

welcome aboard mate this thread has been going years (i was one of the first few to reply) all a very friendly bunch in this thread unlike most of boards.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Slates33

How's it going lads i just found this thread and theres some great stuff on hereenjoyed reading and listening to it some banging tunes. Went to sides and the asylum in the good aul days its good to here the tunes still pumpin...

Slates33 wrote: »
    How's it going lads i just found this thread and theres some great stuff on hereenjoyed reading and listening to it some banging tunes. Went to sides and the asylum in the good aul days its good to here the tunes still pumpin...

welcome mate, i used to go to Sides for years along with all the other clubs, you'll find many on here who used to frequent the classic Dublin clubs:)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Slates33

jonnny68 wrote: »
    welcome mate, i used to go to Sides for years along with all the other clubs, you'll find many on here who used to frequent the classic Dublin clubs:)

Great to meet people with the same memorys i have of old skool Dublin, cheers jonnny68

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

alright lads, as jonny said, good bunch of peeps on here ya should fit right in ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

Welcome to the site u shyd d/l that mix i podyed by my m8 winnie it will bring u right back to the asylum and the exposure track was always one of my fav's

Lads - yiz always hear me on here banging on about how good Raindance is, well this looks even better, it's still Raindance BUT it's in a secret warehouse location and rumour has it that it'll be held in the original Jenkins Lane warehouse where they staged their first ever Rave in 1989.

The music will not be as varied as it usually is for Raindance,it's 100% Old Skool (Raindance is usually mixed betwen old and nu skool).

Defo have to go to this :)

RAINDANCE SECRET WAREHOUSE ACID HOUSE PARTY

Raindance Secret Acid House Party
    '89-90 Jenkins Lane Reunion
    @ Secret Warehouse Location in London
    Saturday 3rd July 2010
    10pm-6am

SSSHHHHH IITS A SECRET!!!!

FOR THOSE THAT KNOW!!!!

Acid House, Hip House, Classic House, Original Techno,
    Party Music for Party People

After 10 years, London's best kept secret - The Jenkins Lane arena at the Raindance Rave Festival has decided to break free and go it alone.

THE JENKINS LANE SECRET WAREHOUSE PARTY
    SATURDAY 3RD JULY 2010

Calling all party crews: all the orginal posses and tribes, all the enlighted new warehouse party people calling all the underground!!!

and not forgetting all those originals having a mid-life crisis, newly single, mortgage -less, kid-less, or just released.....

ITS PARTY TIME!!!!

The Secret Line-up....

SECRET LIVE PA!!!!

LENNIE DE ICE LIVE PA
    "we are IE"

Steve Proctor (promised land)
    Ellis Dee (Dungeons/Rave At the cave)
    Richie Fingers (Genesis)
    Squirrel (Camden Palace)
    Billy 'Daniel' Bunter (Lybrynth
    Skie (Total Music/Raindance)
    Niki Dimensions (Raindance)

Hosted By Mc Moose (Pirate Club)

PLUS.......

Silent Disco "Head 2 Head" arena feat.....

Mark 'Viking Warrior' Ruston & Steve Altman (Spirit Of '89)
    PK
    Joey G
    Lukozade
    Vinyl Vera
    Custard

ATTRACTIONS.....

Spirit Of '89 Area
    Amazing Booming KSS audio rig
    Authentic '89/90 light and laser show
    Human Gyroscope
    Pez Original Rave Art Exhibition
    Huge bar
    Massive FREE smoking area
    Food & Hot Drinks
    '89/90 VJ Show
    Seated Chill Out Area's
    Tight but Polite Secrurity
    In House Medic
    Twisted Bliss Entertainment

SSSSHHHHH....Party Details....

PARTY HOTLINE...07940 070 596*
    WWW.SECRETRAINDANCE.COM

Tickets £16 + Booking fee

Tickets On Sale Now From Ticketbank and ticket sellers

http://www.ticketbank.co.uk/
    01702 306 293

https://www.theticketsellers.co.uk/sell_tickets/control_panel/your_events/event/?id=10011614

*Location of this beautiful warehouse space will be revealed via the party hotline

For More Information or to recieve a flyer in the post call 07939 293 103
    or email bonnieparker90@hotmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dirt bird

Nice one Dub33,had a listen to your mates mix really enjoyed it,some great tunes on there especially slack painkiller remember that being a real fav in the temple of sound,johnny moy and billy scurry used to play it alot,summer of 94,i think.

Nice one Dub33,had a listen to your mates mix really enjoyed it,some great tunes on there especially slack painkiller remember that being a real fav in the temple of sound,johnny moy and billy scurry used to play it alot,summer of 94,i think.

yeah used to go to the Temple around that time myself and remember that tune, the aul Temple was great back then, jaysus we really we spoiled for choice, it used to be a dilemma trying to sometimes drag myself away from Sides to go to another club:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

yeah used to go to the Temple around that time myself and remember that tune, the aul Temple was great back then, jaysus we really we spoiled for choice, it used to be a dilemma trying to sometimes drag myself away from Sides to go to another club:)

Wouldnt have even contemplated going anywhere else once the ASYLUM was discovered until it closed down......then they all began to fall one by one after that, The WATERFRONT, SIDES, The ORMOND etc etc but we got the good out of em all till the last record was spun on the last night of all of em:)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Wouldnt have even contemplated going anywhere else...........

Here here. That Temple had arse holes on the door, juice laden monkeys:D

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »

Once you got to know the bouncers in the Temple they weren't the worstm, nowhere near as bad as the cu*ts on the door of the old Red Box;)

Wouldnt have even contemplated going anywhere else once the ASYLUM was discovered until it closed down......then they all began to fall one by one after that, The WATERFRONT, SIDES, The ORMOND etc etc but we got the good out of em all till the last record was spun on the last night of all of em:)

Me = Sides devotee

Is mise le key = Asylum devotee

:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Kev k

would any1 be able 2 tell me how 2 get 2 the asylum?still havnt seen the building and was only 3 or 4 when it was open,would love 2 see the building id probly start rushing after just seeing it:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭turks

2nd r 3rd street on the right off o connel street,pink building wit hearts in the pains of top windows:D "be warned this is no fairy tale":rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yeah they were on the harsh side but as Jonny said once you got to know them they were fine.

And for me I wouldn't have contemplated anywhere but the Temple of Sound or the UFO on a weekly basis, doormen weren't enough to prevent some of the best nights ever had in Dublin... for me, each to their own and all that, before someone rushes in to tell me that Sides or the Asylum or God forbid the System were better :pac:

Ha ha would be the 3rd on the left for me.....lol

QUOTE=turks;66048911]2nd r 3rd street on the right off o connel street,pink building wit hearts in the pains of top windows:D "be warned this is no fairy tale":rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Me = Sides devotee

Is mise le key = Asylum devotee

True jonny when they were open but when the ASYLUM closed i was then a SIDES devotee & couldnt contemplate going anywhere else until the axe fell there also, really got into the SIDES buzz when we were going there after the ASYLUM closed & not just looking for something to fill the void, the place really did have a unique buzz & feeling amongst the crowd in it. Then i would have to say that the only places that really did cut it for me after experiencing the OLYMPIC, ASYLUM & SIDES for 4 years straight was the WATERFRONT & then the ORMOND but as Scuba said each to their own & im sure where ever you were Raving back then you were having a blast.
    Kev k wrote: »
    would any1 be able 2 tell me how 2 get 2 the asylum?still havnt seen the building and was only 3 or 4 when it was open,would love 2 see the building id probly start rushing after just seeing it:p

The ASYLUM on sackville place
    Yeah they were on the harsh side but as Jonny said once you got to know them they were fine.

And for me I wouldn't have contemplated anywhere but the Temple of Sound or the UFO on a weekly basis, doormen weren't enough to prevent some of the best nights ever had in Dublin... for me, each to their own and all that, before someone rushes in to tell me that Sides or the Asylum or God forbid the System were better

I only found the bouncers on the WATERFRONT to be knobs the once but mind you it had something to do with me & my mate walking to within 20 feet of the door drinking a can & then ****ing it away.......but all other times i actually got on really well with the bouncers when we were in there.......one chap i can remember his name was jay Kavanagh from ballier that did bouncer & was totally down to earth & no ego or power trip going on from any of them.

Heres a list of all attachments that are on this thread for you to browse at your leisure....it does not include pics that are off site on photobucket or any such sites & they are listed in order of how many views they received..............

waterfront2.jpg
    waterfront.jpg
    warren.txt
    Warren on the decks.JPG
    tribal 1.JPG
    The Asylum.jpg
    The Asylum.jpg
    the asylum.jpg
    Terradome Asylum.jpg
    Terradome Asylum.jpg
    Spot the DJ PH2.jpg
    Spot the DJ PH.jpg
    Sovereign_Independent_Lisbon_Treaty.pdf
    sound crowd 1.JPG
    Skins in the Green 1987.JPG
    silk.jpg
    SIDES DC.jpg
    sides dance floor.jpg
    Scan10120.JPG
    Scan10119.JPG
    Scan1.JPG
    Scan1.JPG
    pills.jpg
    pacman.jpg
    P3150008.JPG
    Ormond.jpg
    Ormond.jpg
    olympic.jpg
    OLYMPIC BALLROOM.jpg
    Oldskool Night Easter Poster.jpg
    old skool.jpg NRGEX 1.jpg
    NR-Gex - Bottom of the Hill 1992.jpg
    nikolai.JPG
    more asylum.JPG
    more asylum 2.JPG
    Mise le gruaig!.jpg
    Mick & Caff getting it going.JPG
    mansion02r.jpg
    mansion01r.jpg
    mansion.jpg
    Main dancefloor.JPG
    lastscan.jpg
    Info.jpg
    Info (1).jpg
    Info (1).jpg
    Image010.jpg
    Image009.jpg
    Image008.jpg
    Image006.jpg
    Image005.jpg
    Image004.jpg
    Image003.jpg
    Image002.jpg
    Image001.jpg
    Image000.jpg
    illusion.jpg
    House pressure 4.jpg
    flyer.jpg
    First Ever Asylum Flyer!.jpg
    First All-Night.jpg
    First All-Night Back.jpg
    enduce.jpg
    elevator1.JPG
    elevator.JPG
    Ed Case Triple XXX.jpg
    DJ Box Asylum.jpg
    DJ Box Asylum.jpg
    dance nation.jpg
    CrowdcontrolVol1-1.jpg
    class x.jpg
    Class 302 1986.JPG
    carl cox flyer from the asylum.jpg
    braindead.jpg
    bily nasty.jpeg
    ba95.jpg
    ASYLUM.JPG
    ASYLUM MOUSE.jpg
    Asylum membership b.jpg
    Asylum membership a.jpg
    Asylum Flyer 2.jpg
    asylum comp.jpg
    asylum comp.jpg
    Asylum 4.jpg
    Asylum 4.jpg
    Asylum 3.jpg
    Asylum 3.jpg
    altern8.jpg
    altern8.jpg
    9.jpg
    8.jpg
    7.jpg
    611272887a10275828685l.jpg
    6.jpg
    550324820a3887196728b205390217l.jpg
    524645913a3549203570b334200245s.jpg
    5.jpg
    4.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.jpg
    12.jpg
    11.jpg
    10.jpg
    1.jpg

Francois can you clarify for me what the name of the Rave was yourself & Timmy played in circa 1995????.......I have always then & now called it the WATERFRONT, Scuba has referenced it as UFO above & in this attachment it has (ALIEN) beside your name.......are these all the same Rave in columbia mills just with different names & if yes why all the differenet names???

Image003.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Once you got to know the bouncers in the Temple they weren't the worstm, nowhere near as bad as the cu*ts on the door of the old Red Box;)

I'm still bitter at gettin refused at the door so I never went back, was always dissapointed not to experience the place.
    As for the Re Box, when it first opened Reynold had an open door policy, then when Sides and Asylum closed they tightened up. They had Oldskool nights there a few years ago. Stumbled upon it one night when we were in town under the influence. Could not believe our luck. Pressure & Kavanagh were playing but the cnuts on the door point blank refused us after a walk from Temple Bar. We were nearly crying with the fustration. Still annoys me as I heard there were loads from Olympic we knew in there and hadnt seen in about 10 years at the time:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm still bitter at gettin refused at the door so I never went back, was always dissapointed not to experience the place.

Ahh dont worry Seany......dont think you would be that upset if you had seen it just the once......i only frequented the place twice as far as i can remember & bunked into it one of those times but it didnt have that cutting edge feeling to it like the Raves did.......it was more a place for the pretty people in pretty clothes to go & be confident that they wouldnt get dirty or sweaty........there was a few Ravers alright but it was more of a feeling of a Nightclub i got off it than a Rave & there was far greater things happening just down the road to be pis.sing a night away in a posers club (sorry if i offended anyone)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

Francois can you clarify for me what the name of the Rave was yourself & Timmy played in circa 1995????.......I have always then & now called it the WATERFRONT, Scuba has referenced it as UFO above & in this attachment it has (ALIEN) beside your name.......are these all the same Rave in columbia mills just with different names & if yes why all the differenet names???

Image003.jpg

The waterfornt was the name of the venue before it closed and reopened as colbia mills had francois on fri and on sat unknown pleasures wit pressure and kavanagh the ufo started out in the rock garden & i think maybe the furnis..............?

DUB33 wrote: »
    The waterfornt was the name of the venue before it closed and reopened as colbia mills had francois on fri and on sat unknown pleasures wit pressure and kavanagh the ufo started out in the rock garden & i think maybe the furnis..............?

Mmmmm....I am still a little unsure now cause i know for sure i used to go into Columbia Mills on saturday Nights & Francois & Timmy would be playing & we called it the WATERFRONT, not sure at all about UFO but that still leaves ALIEN unanswered as to where that was or if it was the same place:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭francois

Mmmmm....I am still a little unsure now cause i know for sure i used to go into Columbia Mills on saturday Nights & Francois & Timmy would be playing & we called it the WATERFRONT, not sure at all about UFO but that still leaves ALIEN unanswered as to where that was or if it was the same place:confused:

The Venue was the Waterfront-we ran a night called the UFO, but changed this to Alien after the big drugs raid there :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement