Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Lads if you dont want to answer this it's cool.

Was just wondering of anyone who had friends that have passed away from drugs, was it E that killed them? Or had they moved onto harder drugs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

I don't think I would be able to reminisce fondly about partying on drugs if I had lost a load of friends to drugs. I think some of your serotonin taps have been left permanently open since 1992.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

Lads if you dont want to answer this it's cool.

Was just wondering of anyone who had friends that have passed away from drugs, was it E that killed them? Or had they moved onto harder drugs?

I had friends who died from harder drugs and drink :mad:

I don't think I would be able to reminisce fondly about partying on drugs if I had lost a load of friends to drugs. I think some of your serotonin taps have been left permanently open since 1992.

Well me i think when some one dies u shud rember the good times and celibrate there lives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Try look at it this way.......if you had a friend that you really had a blast with drinking & you were always out together having great times full of the sauce for years but then one night your friend chokes on his own vomit, falls out under a car, falls into a river or whatever because of too much drink you had consumed that particular night, would you then not look back at all the fantasic times you had with that friend when the times were good with fondness & be happy you had great times in each others company altough them times involved drinking?

I say again,

I Remember the good times for what they were & the bad times will never be dismissed or ignored. R.I.P.

• Advertisement

Not particularly. I'd curb my drinking fairly fast if I lost a few friends to it. I wouldn't be on a forum obsessing about the great times I used to have with dead friends.

Not particularly. I'd curb my drinking fairly fast if I lost a few friends to it. I wouldn't be on a forum obsessing about the great times I used to have with dead friends.

Dont think anyone's obsessing there lad. If I had a friend that died I'd definately remember and talk about the good times. Fact that it was the good times that killed them is irrelevant.

Dont think anyone's obsessing there lad. If I had a friend that died I'd definately remember and talk about the good times. Fact that it was the good times that killed them is irrelevant.

We are on page 595 of the obsession.

Who's obsessing we left a few posts about lost friends & this is an old skool thread and one of the longest threads going

We're on page 595 of remembering good tunes and good times. It's no obsession. This thread is an invaluable source to DJ's and producers for naming and getting old tracks that up to a few years ago were next to impossible to track down. God bless t'internet. And if you dont like it then feel free to remove yourself from the discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭CelticSpirit

What are you reading it for then?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭CelticSpirit

DUB33 wrote: »
    re-united in raver heaven :rolleyes:

I like the sound of that. That's where I'm going. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭a148pro

funny thing is you never hear of people dying from Es now. back in the day it happened a lot, or at least it got loads of media attention. but now you never read of it in the papers and you never hear of it either. makes me wonder did the pills get safer or what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Jonny its Marc add me on your facebook will ya or pm me your facebook page pls. thx m8 & how's the littel one...?
    ah howya Marc long time man PM sent :)

a148pro wrote: »
    funny thing is you never hear of people dying from Es now. back in the day it happened a lot, or at least it got loads of media attention. but now you never read of it in the papers and you never hear of it either. makes me wonder did the pills get safer or what

No one has actually ever died as a direct result from taking ecstasy there have always been other factors involved like dehydration, overheating,etc,etc sure MiDMA used to be given to couples in USA who had marital problems and in the 1980's in Texas of all places there was a massive Ecstasy scene (although obviously no Rave music it was the drug of the middle classes until declassified by the USA Government)

Most E back in the day contained mostly MDMA, after the mid 90 for the most part (with a few exceptions) dealers became more and more greedy and churned out any crap and sold it as E which is why a lot of people became ill,**** me i remember taking those dollars around 96/97 and feeling very ill afterwards.

Another thing - ive never lost any mates to Ecstasy but i have had mates die because of that filthy heroin which along with crack is the worst of them all, im no angel ive taken copious amounts of drugs in my day and make no apologies for it, some of the best times of my life have been madouvvait on E at a Rave and ill never be a hypocrite like some people who used to take E then condemn it,personally id like to see it legalised and controlled properly but that's never gonna happen in a bleedin place like Ireland where in some respects some people are living in the dark ages, just say no has never work and will never work, proper education and FACTS not scare stories like you read in the gutter press is the key.

Bull****, plenty have died from fatal doses. Are you saying it has no toxicity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 singo

Bull****, plenty have died from fatal doses. Are you saying it has no toxicity?

you said it fatal doses, back in the early 90s yokes were 20-25 punts each so youd want some cash to do fatal doses, and as johnny said it was the dealers that got greedy and started to churn out ****e with crap in them for a tenner a pop thats when they started going downhill and these days there 2euro each so whats in them,i wouldnt touch one nowadays for free,
    even today you dont hear anyone dying from e,
    because it was the in thing through mid 90s it was easy for the likes of the joe duffy brigade to latch onto, it was going to kill kids at raves,
    more recently its been mephrodone and you only have to see the results of that how many deaths in ireland from meph and the whole headshop nonsense and before that it was mushies during the 60s 70s lsd i could go on,
    next year it will be another drug and there'll be a thread on that in 10 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

Gen:FX wrote: »
    I sent a text to Jay yesterday about these, (It's still pending at the minute.... de'Aul bastid prob has me blocked again ... :o ) - I should be able to catch him via another site though.

Blocked? You? Never!!!

Anyway here's the best I could do with TS:

DJ Jay Carey - Trance Seduction

Side A

1.Linear Logic - It's not over2.Flammable - Steppin To The Sound
    3.Yum Yum - 3 minute warning
    4.Back 2 Front - Ibiza
    5.PCL - When Your Moving
    6.Reach Further - Progression
    7.Spoonio - Do One More
    8.Sultana - Te Amo
    9.Funk Patrol - I Can't Wait
    10.Chapter 9 - rollercoaster

Side B

1.Blokka - Dig Deep
    2.Illuminatae - Montevideo
    3.Joey T Vanelli - Playing with the voice
    4.Katana - Erotmania
    5 ???
    6.Baby Doc and The Dentist - Catalan Rising - Prt 1
    7. ???
    8. ???
    9. ???
    10. Vinyl Blair - Dope

Alright lads? Hope yiz 'r all keeping well.

jonnny68 wrote: »
    No one has actually ever died as a direct result from taking ecstasy there have always been other factors involved like dehydration, overheating,etc,etc sure MiDMA used to be given to couples in USA who had marital problems and in the 1980's in Texas of all places there was a massive Ecstasy scene (although obviously no Rave music it was the drug of the middle classes until declassified by the USA Government)

Most E back in the day contained mostly MDMA, after the mid 90 for the most part (with a few exceptions) dealers became more and more greedy and churned out any crap and sold it as E which is why a lot of people became ill,**** me i remember taking those dollars around 96/97 and feeling very ill afterwards.
    Well said jonny wats the name of that doctor alaxander somthing who use to test it on him self and other mind altering substances he invented he was in his 60's & still experimenting

• Advertisement

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Another thing - ive never lost any mates to Ecstasy but i have had mates die because of that filthy heroin which along with crack is the worst of them all, im no angel ive taken copious amounts of drugs in my day and make no apologies for it, some of the best times of my life have been madouvvait on E at a Rave and ill never be a hypocrite like some people who used to take E then condemn it,personally id like to see it legalised and controlled properly but that's never gonna happen in a bleedin place like Ireland where in some respects some people are living in the dark ages, just say no has never work and will never work, proper education and FACTS not scare stories like you read in the gutter press is the key.

Me to bro & at the end of the day proabition dosen.t work durgs & the gang violence & narco states hav been created cause of these outdated drug laws & yea drugs are letal to some ppl but the amount of ppl who take them dont die or hav anny ill effect unlike legal drugs like alcohal & tobbaco which kill millions each year & if drugs were legal they wud be able to control quality leveals & stamp out most gang related crime & turn the narco nations into peacefull countrys one again........ rant over back to you jonny lol

Ecstasy is bad for your health, you can't deny it.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

Here's a bargain, convert those Vinyl into mp3's,
    there in Aldi's this Sunday,
    check out the link...

www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_13033.htm?WT.mc_id=2010-05-28-11-15

Here's a bargain, convert those Vinyl into mp3's,
    there in Aldi's this Sunday,
    check out the link...

www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_13033.htm?WT.mc_id=2010-05-28-11-15

I might invest in one of those my self

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Ecstasy is bad for your health, you can't deny it.
    So is alcohol and it kills many many more people world wide than all other drugs put together. The only thing that prohibition of drugs does is make criminals rich. People will do drugs regardless of their legality. I have more reason than most to be anti drugs but I am not, wet or dry drugs will kill people who abuse them but their is no proof of any benefit to prohibition of drugs!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Just read that Dennis Hopper died, sad to hear - a great actor.

Reminded me then of course of this track which has a sample from 'True Romance' which was a brilliant movie.

Always loved the break in this, stunning track.

Jon The Dentist - Global Phases

Oh and here is the scene from True Romance where the sample is lifted from.

Just read that Dennis Hopper died, sad to hear - a great actor.

Reminded me then of course of this track which has a sample from 'True Romance' which was a brilliant movie.

Always loved the break in this, stunning track.

Jon The Dentist - Global Phases

Oh and here is the scene from True Romance where the sample is lifted from.

One of my fav films & writting by tarantino he sold ti so he cud make resivour dogs but he did do a tarantino cut which ends different that the org. it has such a gr8 cast & that scene u posted with dennis & walking is one of the best ever R.I.P. Denis hopper

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

One of my fav films & writting by tarantino he sold ti so he cud make resivour dogs but he did do a tarantino cut which ends different that the org. it has such a gr8 cast & that scene u posted with dennis & walking is one of the best ever R.I.P. Denis hopper

Yeah its a great film, must watch again soon actually.

Haven't seen the other ending, is it much different?

Yeah its a great film, must watch again soon actually.

Haven't seen the other ending, is it much different?

Not too much different il u.l it & pm u with it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

JCarey70 wrote: »
    Blocked? You? Never!!!

Anyway here's the best I could do with TS:

DJ Jay Carey - Trance Seduction

Side A

1.Linear Logic - It's not over2.Flammable - Steppin To The Sound
    3.Yum Yum - 3 minute warning
    4.Back 2 Front - Ibiza
    5.PCL - When Your Moving
    6.Reach Further - Progression
    7.Spoonio - Do One More
    8.Sultana - Te Amo
    9.Funk Patrol - I Can't Wait
    10.Chapter 9 - rollercoaster

Side B

1.Blokka - Dig Deep
    2.Illuminatae - Montevideo
    3.Joey T Vanelli - Playing with the voice
    4.Katana - Erotmania
    5 ???
    6.Baby Doc and The Dentist - Catalan Rising - Prt 1
    7. ???
    8. ???
    9. ???
    10. Vinyl Blair - Dope

Alright lads? Hope yiz 'r all keeping well.

Alright Jay, Nice to see you back on here!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement