Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Would have liked to have got to see them, they are one from the past that I just never got around to seeing - I don't remember them even playing much back then.

They played at homelands 2000 on the same stage as ian brown if i remember correctly........might be wrong about the stage as i was under the influence from early on that morning of two trips before even getting there & then a load of yokes & beer before they were on & i was around the whole place at least once:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭francois

Posted this on another thread

Doing a kitchen re-union gig

Venue: The Good Bits .. Store St Dublin 1

Event: The Kitchen Reunion

Admission: €10 / Alzheimer’s charity fund

Doors: 9pm – 3am

Sat 26 June

Main Room: / Fever 10pm – 3am

Podje confirmed confirmed

Shay Hannon confirmed

Hugh Scully confirmed

Vault: / Genius 11pm – 3am

Francois confirmed

Warren K confirmed

Joe McGrath waiting

Bar: 9pm – 3am

Johnny Moy confirmed

Donal Doneen waiting

Barry Redsetta waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

francois wrote: »

Sat 26 June

Shay Hannon confirmed

Hugh Scully confirmed

Francois confirmed

Warren K confirmed

Joe McGrath waiting

Johnny Moy confirmed

Donal Doneen waiting

Barry Redsetta waiting

Nice one this shud be good, i had many a mad nite on a tuesday in the kitchen to the banging techno class

Sat 26 June

Shay Hannon confirmed

Hugh Scully confirmed

Francois confirmed

Warren K confirmed

Joe McGrath waiting

Johnny Moy confirmed

Donal Doneen waiting

Barry Redsetta waiting
    I chq out the facebook pagw & im going o try & get to this as my bros getting married a week & an half l8r in Ibiza & iv been saving every penny & havnt been out in ages so i need a little warm up for Ibiza & this looks the ticket :D

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

DUB33 wrote: »
    I chq out the facebook pagw & im going o try & get to this as my bros getting married a week & an half l8r in Ibiza & iv been saving every penny & havnt been out in ages so i need a little warm up for Ibiza & this looks the ticket :D

Yeah I'm in need of a night out, going to aim for this too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dirt bird

Thats a great line up,im definitly going into this,lookin forward to hearing shay hannon and johnny moy havent heard either of those in years.Should be a crackin night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭CelticSpirit

DJ DILLY---MU TAZZ 94 THIS IS SOMETHING SPECIAL IF U HAVNT GOT IT DILLY AT HIS BEST C'MON ASYLUM CREW yip ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0juzjyjjmmm

B
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cm5mzi5xqmj

PS
    If any one knows the tune at 14:44 pls let me know as it is my fav ever tune thx

Thanks Dub33.

Had side B before, didn't know what mix it was.

JCarey70 wrote: »

What a track !! have not heard this in a while!

Nice one J!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

As Stomprockin said.I too hadn't heard this in years.Nice post mate;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

loved the asylum more so than sides/gravity. asylum shut over that guy that got shot on the 3rd or 2nd floor, i was there the last nite when the dj or some1 came on the microfone and told every1 to get the fuk out, the garda are out side, ha,the shootin was the straw that broke the camels bk...ony know where u can get nrgex tapes? be great to have afew on cd remastered if thats possible ha

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

Ye the guys name that was shot was Jay or Jessie i think from Ballyer.Had three or four them NR Gex tapes..Long lost.Would like to hear em again!!

u can get them here, or u use 2 be able to download them, think they gone now, try media fire.com, or filetube. i just downloaded afew tracks, floribunda, everything starts with an e,and eatinjg habits may i have the mayonaise, stuk em on my mp3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

both of ya's sign up here yeah. loadsa stuff ya's will be into

http://www.properoldskool.net/forum.htm

Can someone please put me out of my misery and ID this for a mate of mine on YT.I know it and have it someware but cant think of the name:(

any1 remember that remix....jam and spoon right in the night remix, was a faster version with some female spanish vocal in parts, played it in sides and im sure the asylum too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭CelticSpirit

any1 remember that remix....jam and spoon right in the night remix, was a faster version with some female spanish vocal in parts, played it in sides and im sure the asylum too.

I think Sultana-Te Amo is the one your after...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqBR-978CF4

thank you very much, thats the one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

Just a little something to wake yous up of a Monday morning - Njoy...

Top Techno Track from the master. Check out the break @ 1.49, its a reverse-sample-loop (whatever that is :D) of the break in Orbital's Chimes.

Joey Beltram - Subsonic Trance

A touch of class from 808 State - Lift. This is how its done :)

A timeless classic from Djum Djum - Difference

And probably the best tune ever made. Neal Howard - Indulge

Evil Techno from back in the day, one of the best. Caff you'll love this, I'm sure you'll remember it.

Investigator Base - Murder one (You might recognize the samples from such movies as: 2010, Aliens and Misery)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Im looking for a track that i heard the once on the Top Floor of the ASYLUM & had on a tape years ago but had lent it out & never to be returned.

It was a really hard tune with samples from goodfellas in it,
    joe pesci wrote:
    Bing what are you doing here, i thought i told you to go fuc.k ya mutha
    joe pesci wrote:
    Bing, pow, bang.......get the fuc.k outta here

I think the quotes went like that:rolleyes:

Anyone any idea cause i havnt heard it in over 10 years & would really like to here it again?

grerat tracks, esp that indulge one, are u jcarey that played asylum sides etc?if so i loved ur sets, i remember a roomer yrs ago bk then about jay carey, he sold all his records and went mad religious. anywho.theres a tune ive been looking for.for yrs now, does biko pow,biko pow, biko,biko,biko pow, ring any bells for any1? it wud be very early 90s even 1990,any1 remember it or know its title? wasnt the greatest track around, i just remember it

grerat tracks, esp that indulge one, are u jcarey that played asylum sides etc?if so i loved ur sets, i remember a roomer yrs ago bk then about jay carey, he sold all his records and went mad religious. anywho.theres a tune ive been looking for.for yrs now, does biko pow,biko pow, biko,biko,biko pow, ring any bells for any1? it wud be very early 90s even 1990,any1 remember it or know its title? wasnt the greatest track around, i just remember it

It cud be this if not i think it must be by Ramirez

It cud be this if not i think it must be by Ramirez
    its probly it dub, thanks, been so long since i heard it, im sorry i tryed 2 find it now..gawd its bad ha, but thanks anyway

Just a little something to wake yous up of a Monday morning - Njoy...

Top Techno Track from the master. Check out the break @ 1.49, its a reverse-sample-loop (whatever that is :D) of the break in Orbital's Chimes.

Joey Beltram - Subsonic Trance

A touch of class from 808 State - Lift. This is how its done :)

A timeless classic from Djum Djum - Difference

Evil Techno from back in the day, one of the best. Caff you'll love this, I'm sure you'll remember it.

Investigator Base - Murder one (You might recognize the samples from such movies as: 2010, Aliens and Misery)

jay do know a track named harri carri? an asylum track, think pressure use 2 play it quite abit, im sure its called harri carri,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭francois

jay do know a track named harri carri? an asylum track, think pressure use 2 play it quite abit, im sure its called harri carri,

this?

yes thats it.tho i think it was a different mix of it, i remember pressure had it on pressure wanted, its defo it coz it has that sample voice sound affect at 1.32 on the track, are u jcarey that played the asylum? loved ur sets man.:)

ooops thought u were jcarey replyin, thanks

yes thats it.tho i think it was a different mix of it, i remember pressure had it on pressure wanted, its defo it coz it has that sample voice sound affect at 1.32 on the track, are u jcarey that played the asylum? loved ur sets man.:)
    it was capricorn harakari 1994, same but just harder, thanks man

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Fckin love Indulge, I only have it on some compilation, keep meaning to pick up the 12"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement