Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

giving up now !

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

giving up now !

Dont giv up!!!!!!!! do it lik this youtubepaste youtube add.X8NxftLZhh4 the no.s only/youtube it shud come out ok if u need any more help just ask make sure the [] are wraped round both youtubes

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

SuprSi wrote: »
    WOW!! Thanks for that :D

I used to play the b-jaysus out of that back then, great EP all round actually.

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Australian-EP/release/30127

JCarey70 wrote: »
    Sorry I just had to. *****n choooooone...

Sunelectric - Entrance

Love Sun Electric, they pretty much never get mentioned around here which is terrible! - Must post more of their tracks.

I used to play the b-jaysus out of that back then, great EP all round actually.

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Australian-EP/release/30127

All 5 tunes on that ep are classics in there own right its one of the Best 12"s aorund cause u get 5 animal tracks dj re-do- down Undergrond & AapogeE -The Force (Come To The Darkside Mix) These 2 are my fav off the ep!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dirt bird

Anyone headin sat night,looks like a great night out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Thinking about it yea - defo going ahead? Very little promotion around it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭francois

joker77 wrote: »
    Thinking about it yea - defo going ahead? Very little promotion around it

Presume so, no-one called to cancel so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Finally found the name of this one today, after much searching.

I missed out on Sides and the Asylum, but managed to make it to a few of the others, like the System. I have mad memories from my night there, though there were two things that stood out for me. The first was the lads openly dealing outside the jacks. The second, and I'm open to correction on this one - I was upstairs in the sort of canteen area, and when I came outside to go down to the dance floor, I spotted a bouncer laughing and talking with someone. He had his jacket half-open, and inside it was what looked like sub-machine gun. Did I just imagine that or would the bouncers have been armed like that? It's something I've always wondered.

francois wrote: »
    Presume so, no-one called to cancel so far
    Just wanted to be sure - as I say I've heard very little on it - just a couple of posts from here, the facebook event is pretty bare:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=110806695629708&ref=ts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭francois

joker77 wrote: »
    Just wanted to be sure - as I say I've heard very little on it - just a couple of posts from here, the facebook event is pretty bare:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=110806695629708&ref=ts

I'll be there with a bag of tunes regardless :D

francois wrote: »
    I'll be there with a bag of tunes regardless :D

Nice one im looking forward to it

Yeah looks like I should make it to this on Saturday too, babysitter arranged and all so myself and the wife can hit the tiles again for old times sake :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

I missed out on Sides and the Asylum, but managed to make it to a few of the others, like the System. I have mad memories from my night there, though there were two things that stood out for me. The first was the lads openly dealing outside the jacks. The second, and I'm open to correction on this one - I was upstairs in the sort of canteen area, and when I came outside to go down to the dance floor, I spotted a bouncer laughing and talking with someone. He had his jacket half-open, and inside it was what looked like sub-machine gun. Did I just imagine that or would the bouncers have been armed like that? It's something I've always wondered.

Couldnt tell ya as i was never there but heres something i just remembered might give ya a laugh,

I remember a mate of mine who is sadly no longer with us was trying to get into the HARP or Tin pan alley in not sure now but he had a good few drinks on him .........now he was about 27 - 28 at the time & wasnt a pis.sed messy teenager making trouble or anything but when refused was trying the usual to persuade the bouncers that he was OK & not that drunk to which they swiftly responded with a severe kicking by two of em half way down the street out of the blue:mad:.........we all hung around Rathmines about this time & he arrives up at a mates flat with his nose all bloodied & ribs killing him & told us the crack.

We were well on at this stage & my brother got a notion to scare the be jaysus out of them:eek:.........he had this lighter that was an exact replica of a handgun like a glock or something so we decided to make our way into to town & scare the life out of them for the buzz for the kicking they had given my mate for nothing........we were making our way up D'Olier street very slowly & suspiciously by moving out of & back into doorways as we made our way up the street hoping to get the bouncers attention which we didph34r.gif..........it was gas as we watched then keep sticking their heads out to try & sus out what was happening & then when we got to about 50 foot from the door my bro levels the lighter at them so they could see it properly & you want to see them scramble into place.:D

Hopefully it took them down a few pegs of their superiority complex & prevented someone else getting a hammering for nowt.
    Dont know why at the time it never even crossed our minds that pearse street garda station was just around the corner:eek:

Hard to know really. Went to the System a good few times, and the open dealing that went on meant that the bouncers were very much involved.

I just missed out on Sides, was working in the local chipper at the time when one of the bouncers was in. He was around the same age as the owner's son (mid-twenties, me around 17), they were chatting - the bouncer was a local heavy and very much liked to let everyone know. Anyway, he was telling the story of the previous night "So we were on the door, this fella who we weren't letting in starts causing trouble, he squares up to me and pulls out his shooter, so I pull out my shooter..."
    Didn't know whether to believe him, but I wouldn't necessarily disbelieve him. Was only earwigging on the conversation so didn't catch the end of it

• Advertisement

Yeah looks like I should make it to this on Saturday too, babysitter arranged and all so myself and the wife can hit the tiles again for old times sake :pac:

Nice one Scubs i look forward to catching up wit ya my owl Buddy :cool: :pac::pac:

P.S.
    Im trying to persuede winnie (slim) to come in as well its looking lik its going to be a good nite Im realy looking forward to it as its my Ibiza warm up cause the folllowing Sat. Il be flying out @ 5 in the afternoon to that Special Little Island :p

Couldnt tell ya as i was never there but heres something i just remembered might give ya a laugh,

I remember a mate of mine who is sadly no longer with us was trying to get into the HARP or Tin pan alley in not sure now but he had a good few drinks on him .........now he was about 27 - 28 at the time & wasnt a pis.sed messy teenager making trouble or anything but when refused was trying the usual to persuade the bouncers that he was OK & not that drunk to which they swiftly responded with a severe kicking by two of em half way down the street out of the blue:mad:.........we all hung around Rathmines about this time & he arrives up at a mates flat with his nose all bloodied & ribs killing him & told us the crack.

We were well on at this stage & my brother got a notion to scare the be jaysus out of them:eek:.........he had this lighter that was an exact replica of a handgun like a glock or something so we decided to make our way into to town & scare the life out of them for the buzz for the kicking they had given my mate for nothing........we were making our way up D'Olier street very slowly & suspiciously by moving out of & back into doorways as we made our way up the street hoping to get the bouncers attention which we didph34r.gif..........it was gas as we watched then keep sticking their heads out to try & sus out what was happening & then when we got to about 50 foot from the door my bro levels the lighter at them so they could see it properly & you want to see them scramble into place.:D

Hopefully it took them down a few pegs of their superiority complex & prevented someone else getting a hammering for nowt.
    Dont know why at the time it never even crossed our minds that pearse street garda station was just around the corner:eek:

Lol nice one i never liked the bouncers there are the one's @ Sides total ****!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

I might be able to head in toooo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Slates33

Hows it going lads, Has any1 got the track list for Mick Walsh - Demonix. Cheers

i doubt it was a sub machine gun, ha id say u were seeein things, i saw stuff like that too, asylum 1 nite every1 had a mobile fone to their ear, seen ppl droppin from ceiling and disappear in2 the floor,dont make Es like that anymore ha, was robbed by a bouncer at sides 1 nite, when he searched ya, fuker was dippin pockets, it was the big fuker with the shaved blonde hair, took 40 quid, that was a nite out bk then,(not including drugs), the week after he searched me again, but had my money in my hand, when he asked me 2 open my hand and when he saw my money, he said go on ya smart lil ****, thought i was gonna get a slap..ah the good ole days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dirt bird

Definietly goin in sat night,lookin forward to it and meetin other board members in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Finally found the name of this one today, after much searching.

Chester Beatty RIP used to have the System sown up for a long time and was the main dealer there, he had a reputation as a hard man and was built like a tank but once you get to know him he was a sound bloke and i had many good nites in the System and the Mint with Chester and his crew who we use to sometimes hang out with, you were probably right about the machine gun as well i wouldn't be surprised knowing the System.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

balls id love to head to this reunion let us know how it goes lads;)

DUB33 wrote: »
    Nice one Scubs i look forward to catching up wit ya my owl Buddy :cool: :pac::pac:

P.S.
    Im trying to persuede winnie (slim) to come in as well its looking lik its going to be a good nite Im realy looking forward to it as its my Ibiza warm up cause the folllowing Sat. Il be flying out @ 5 in the afternoon to that Special Little Island :p

Good stuff, we should have a good night - looking forward to it now.

Yeah be good to meet slim after all these years!

As for Ibiza, always wanted to see it but looking less likely with every year that passes!

• Advertisement

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Chester Beatty RIP used to have the System sown up for a long time and was the main dealer there, he had a reputation as a hard man and was built like a tank but once you get to know him he was a sound bloke and i had many good nites in the System and the Mint with Chester and his crew who we use to sometimes hang out with, you were probably right about the machine gun as well i wouldn't be surprised knowing the System.;)

I remember seeing him in the System with a young-one on each arm and openly dealing. Legend has it that he chased the bloke that shot him with a bar stool or something after having being shot several times!

Oh and I fckin hated the System, worst club from that time... or at least of those I was in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement