Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I remember seeing him in the System with a young-one on each arm and openly dealing. Legend has it that he chased the bloke that shot him with a bar stool or something after having being shot several times!

Oh and I fckin hated the System, worst club from that time... or at least of those I was in.

Yeah that was Chester alright a right ladyz man,that is true as well he did chase after the gunman, me and a bird who knew Chester were in town that nite and around Parnell St when we heard lots of sirens, anyway long story short we heard what happened and were stunned, i went to his funeral,he was the sort of man if you got to know him he would look after you, he was heavily involved though in the underworld and we all know what happens to most of them eventually.

Oh and whilst i had some amazing nites in the System it wouldn't come anywhere near my fav clubs, i think it was trying too hard to emulate the POD, mind you there was some gee who used to go there :D

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Yeah that was Chester alright a right ladyz man,that is true as well he did chase after the gunman, me and a bird who knew Chester were in town that nite and around Parnell St when we heard lots of sirens, anyway long story short we heard what happened and were stunned, i went to his funeral,he was the sort of man if you got to know him he would look after you, he was heavily involved though in the underworld and we all know what happens to most of them eventually.

Oh and whilst i had some amazing nites in the System it wouldn't come anywhere near my fav clubs, i think it was trying too hard to emulate the POD, mind you there was some gee who used to go there :D

Actually yeah I forgot about that connection too, Ken obviously knew him quite well. I didn't think much of him to be honest but I'd my own reasons which I won't get into here!

The System just struck me as being 'super cool' - I only went 2 or 3 times and didn't enjoy at all, music was much more sedate and house focused which wouldn't have helped in my case. Agree though on the women, it had a good selection of those alright! I remember actually the first night I was there I'd just come up on a pill and wandered down to the vault areas and stumbled across arcade games, thought I was feckin hallucinating!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

So on the subject of this Saturday night, seems to be a good few going from here so we'll have to all make sure to meet up. We can form a circle around Francois and point at him for every track shouting 'choon'. :pac:

I'm going to wreck Johnny Moy's head and ask him to play something heavier, no matter how heavy it already is. :D

The System was mostly pumping house but Sven Vath played there before, i loved the actual layout of the club but agreed there was too many posers there and i used to alternate my time between there and other clubs, by then i was mostly going to the Multimedia centre which for me comes a close second to Sides as the greatest ever club, the Temple Of Sound reopened but was a pale shadow of it's former self and i wasn't particulary into it, Sides had gone by that stage but the Red Box and Kitchen and Shaft and The Funnel were still going strong (and the Temple Theatre) so spoiled for choice really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Was only ever in the System once before to see Warren K .
    Never liked the place also.But looking forward to see Warren and the lads Play Sat nt :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

I might be able to head in toooo :D

I wud lik to meet ya as well buddy hope u can make it in try & get as many people in as possible ohhh Yyyeaa C'Mon Folkes its party time :cool: :pac: :cool:

Dirt bird wrote: »
    Definietly goin in sat night,lookin forward to it and meetin other board members in there.
    Cool as il be therei hope i get to meet ya :cool:

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Chester Beatty RIP used to have the System sown up for a long time and was the main dealer there, he had a reputation as a hard man and was built like a tank but once you get to know him he was a sound bloke and i had many good nites in the System and the Mint with Chester and his crew who we use to sometimes hang out with, you were probably right about the machine gun as well i wouldn't be surprised knowing the System.;)
    Yea R.I.P. to Cheaste he was a nice bloke to me any way & had many a great nite wit jonny,chester & crew in ful.....l effect Sure Jonny FFS we were Drinking wit Chester exactly a week before he got shot in the same pub he died in Tats mad jon how close we were to being there when that Happened They were mad good old bad days :pac::pac::pac::eek::eek::pac::pac::pac: :D

LMAO @ Some of the Sessions we had Back IN the Day Jon Your one of the best guys i ever met & went out & partyied with My Old Friend, To Good Times Jon & i hope your feeling better & You & Your family are all doing good & That you & all the other fathers had a nice day, Take care Jon

Marc :cool:

KEITH BEHAN----ASYLUM CLASSICS VOL. 1 & 2
    keith is a resident on Tech radio dublin with Winnie D. & Ken Brady come join the facebook page the radio is only avaiable on-line but in future who knows & is usually live on fridays playing the real underground classics from the asylum/sides/g1's/ormond etc,etc & hopefully something special planned for the aug. bankholiday watch this space

THE BUILD UP
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?y0gxqox2mzo

THE CLIMAX
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zmuiwxdy1vo

These mix's are full of the true underground classics off the asylum will hav more from winnie & keith enjoy folkes theres some tunes on these

DUB33 wrote: »
    Yea R.I.P. to Cheaste he was a nice bloke to me any way & had many a great nite wit jonny,chester & crew in ful.....l effect Sure Jonny FFS we were Drinking wit Chester exactly a week before he got shot in the same pub he died in Tats mad jon how close we were to being there when that Happened They were mad good old bad days :pac::pac::pac::eek::eek::pac::pac::pac: :D

LMAO @ Some of the Sessions we had Back IN the Day Jon Your one of the best guys i ever met & went out & partyied with My Old Friend, To Good Times Jon & i hope your feeling better & You & Your family are all doing good & That you & all the other fathers had a nice day, Take care Jon

Marc :cool:

likewise Marc have a deadly time in Ibiza it should be amazing :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

Are you lads for real? This Chester guy sounds like the biggest piece of scum to grace a Dublin club. Happy memories but do you have any mates that are actually alive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭CelticSpirit

Are you lads for real? This Chester guy sounds like the biggest piece of scum to grace a Dublin club. Happy memories but do you have any mates that are actually alive?

troll:rolleyes:

anyone know where i can get nr-gex1 on download, had them all on tape yrs ago, always listened 2 that 1, im sure its nrgex1, was there a 2 or 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

anyone know where i can get nr-gex1 on download, had them all on tape yrs ago, always listened 2 that 1, im sure its nrgex1, was there a 2 or 3?

Have a gander in here
    http://www.youtube.com/user/genfx303#p/a/u/0/MCmNKaUTkW0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

thanks lads, havent found nrgex1 on it tho, maybe it not there, use 2 always have it in my walkman bk then, couple of tracks on it id love 2 hear again, ah well, any1 know a track,, i think it was called tales from the crypt, is that right?

any1 know a track,, i think it was called tales from the crypt, is that right?

• Advertisement

thanks es-cee. thats it

thanks es-cee. thats it

no probs mate ;)

sign up here mate, loads of oldskool stompers in store for ya mate. just get the post tally up and your well in with mixes and singles for download.

http://www.properoldskool.net/forum.htm

oh im on that already, joined last week, havent been on it tho, forgot about that, nice 1

oh im on that already, joined last week, havent been on it tho, forgot about that, nice 1

well i can safely say mate that if ya put the 20 or so posts in and get into the download section ya wont be disapointed. loads and i mean loads of mixes from the asylum sides ormond etc etc. as well as all the singles from back then that made the mixes so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Just Amazing ! who remembers this ? ;)

I'm on tonight at 11pm, 1990 - 1993 Rave set pop into the chat :)

http://onlyoldskool.com/radio.html

• Advertisement

dam.they were suppose 2 be vertical

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement