Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭CelticSpirit

dam.they were suppose 2 be vertical

Sure what odds...you can still play them:D

Anyone know is Digital radio gone? It hasn't been on the airwaves for a few weeks now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

dont ya just love that bass :)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Brilliant night last night and certainly rekindled my desire to get out more! Spent pretty much all of my time downstairs for Warren K and Francois, both excellent... must say though massive respect to Francois for playing a proper full-on techno set without any typical classics in sight, I didn't leave the dance floor for the full set and I genuinely have not managed that since about 1996!!!

Francois - please stick the mix up if you can!

im still in2 all the classics, as well as the modern stuff, like alot of adam beyer and chris liebing, esp tech/house. but clubs and up on dance floor all nite days are gone, esp the stuff i did bk then, Es n coke,mostly listen 2 all the classics and techno while im running and at the gym, a total change from 1 extreme 2 another, social drinker, quit the cigs yrs ago, the classics just bring bk the memory of them days,glad i experienced all of that, tho there were afew dark and paronoid moments from the drugs, no regrets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭francois

Brilliant night last night and certainly rekindled my desire to get out more! Spent pretty much all of my time downstairs for Warren K and Francois, both excellent... must say though massive respect to Francois for playing a proper full-on techno set without any typical classics in sight, I didn't leave the dance floor for the full set and I genuinely have not managed that since about 1996!!!

Francois - please stick the mix up if you can!

Cheers Dave, had a blast myself! Great seeing people I hadn't seen out in literally a decade, I'll post some pics later -played mostly stuff that I played in the Kitchen on tuesdays, so it was techno all the way.
    Mr Spring has recorded all the sets (for 2FM), I'll try and get it from him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

francois wrote: »
    Cheers Dave, had a blast myself! Great seeing people I hadn't seen out in literally a decade, I'll post some pics later -played mostly stuff that I played in the Kitchen on tuesdays, so it was techno all the way.
    Mr Spring has recorded all the sets (for 2FM), I'll try and get it from him

Im sure he will pass them on once he broadcasts them;), Really sick i missed it myself but was called in to work sat nt:( Sound like it was a great night.
    So when is the next one:D

im still in2 all the classics, as well as the modern stuff, like alot of adam beyer and chris liebing, esp tech/house. but clubs and up on dance floor all nite days are gone, esp the stuff i did bk then, Es n coke,mostly listen 2 all the classics and techno while im running and at the gym, a total change from 1 extreme 2 another, social drinker, quit the cigs yrs ago, the classics just bring bk the memory of them days,glad i experienced all of that, tho there were afew dark and paronoid moments from the drugs, no regrets

Same with myself holy_macaroni, MC Dilly is my personal trainer! :D

No regrets though...not ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

JCarey70 wrote: »
    And here

Fair play, couldnt put me hand on the link at the time;)
    Degsy wrote: »
    Was in the Asylum years ago..this girl comes running out of the toilet naked apart from her shoes and her smokes which she was clutching in her hand.
    We thought she was doing it for a bet untill i overheard her wailing "He rode me then he robbed me..the cnunt took me clothes and everything!".A kip that place was.

Dont restict boards to the asylum/oldskool section. The After Hours section has got me through 1st day back from week off work!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055910942&page=12

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

What a nite sat was i cudnt beleive my eyes when i first went in as a true dublin legend was playing the one & only Dave McDonald & he played his re-mix of ibo which is rare as **** as only 100 test pressings were made as he cudnt afford to any more & the lable decided on some other mix & what a nice humble bloke dave is I got his no. hopefullly for a future gig & Warrensset was amazing & what a sound bloke as well as i went up to him to ask asbout a tune he played 2 tunes back & after about 15 mins as he's still playing he calls me over & hands me the record so i cud take down the name,artist,lable top bloke & in sorry Fracois i was looking forward to ur set as iwent to many a nite on a tuesday to hear u & warren but i heared the frist few tunes & i went back up to hear dave as liam dollard cudnt turn up but i kno u always play a brilliant set & iv heared u at a least 3 old skool gigs in the last 2-3 years but hadnt heared dave since 95 or 96 even his last set was cool it was one of the best nites iv had out in dublin in years & roll on the next one :cool:

Yeah that was some remix of IBO, would love a copy of it... not much chance though!!! Don't forget Marc to send me on that track you got id'd!

• Advertisement

has anyone got tracklistings from some of the nrgex tapes, hmm, i think it had a grey blue cover, theres a couple of tracks on it id love 2 hear again, id go through every nrgex tape 2 find them if i could, around 95 96, from gravity.would be much appreciated

has anyone got tracklistings from some of the nrgex tapes, hmm, i think it had a grey blue cover, theres a couple of tracks on it id love 2 hear again, id go through every nrgex tape 2 find them if i could, around 95 96, from gravity.would be much appreciated

there was loads of them gravity tapes they wernt up 2 17 giv us a ferw tunes & il see wat 1s i hav m8 i hav a few of the gravity mix's some good tunes but **** mick must of been out it when recording them cause the mixing is shamefull LoL il whack a few up for ya over the next few days :cool:

DUB33 wrote: »
    there was loads of them gravity tapes they wernt up 2 17 giv us a ferw tunes & il see wat 1s i hav m8 i hav a few of the gravity mix's some good tunes but **** mick must of been out it when recording them cause the mixing is shamefull LoL il whack a few up for ya over the next few days :cool:
    cheers dub33, um hard to remember what other tracks where on it, i think chapter 9 rollercoaster was on it, and there was a mix through it where the dj plicked crossed fader across afew times and did a quik shut down of the track, i think its that 1, wasnt b4 1995 tho

im sure young braves was on it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Kev k

does any1 have a tracklist 4 Pressure - open your mind ?? der are some top tunes dat i dont no de name of ,especially the song at bout 27mins in,a girls voice says A,B,C and D any1 be able 2 help me out?

cheers dub33, um hard to remember what other tracks where on it, i think chapter 9 rollercoaster was on it, and there was a mix through it where the dj plicked crossed fader across afew times and did a quik shut down of the track, i think its that 1, wasnt b4 1995 tho

O think mick done that on a lot of tapes LoL il bang up the 1s i hav 2moro bud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

I know its been posted before but feck it sure (Breaks @ 3.35 & 7.20)

Hardbag - Ceasefire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

JCarey70 wrote: »
    I know its been posted before but feck it sure (Breaks @ 3.35 & 7.20)

Hardbag - Ceasefire

One of my favorite mixes from back then has that tune on it,

parsley & thyme live @ the asylum 93
    http://www.mediafire.com/?x5tl4awd2mo

I have been told that the title is not correct & it is in fact warren K........all i know is at the time the tape i copied it from had that :rolleyes: written on it........hope you dig it if you havnt already heard it.

One of my favorite mixes from back then has that tune on it,

parsley & thyme live @ the asylum 93
    http://www.mediafire.com/?x5tl4awd2mo

I have been told that the title is not correct & it is in fact warren K........all i know is at the time the tape i copied it from had that :rolleyes: written on it........hope you dig it if you havnt already heard it.

Wat ever its called its briliant mix buddy :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Fitze

What a nite sat was i cudnt beleive my eyes when i first went in as a true dublin legend was playing the one & only Dave McDonald & he played his re-mix of ibo which is rare as **** as only 100 test pressings were made as he cudnt afford to any more & the lable decided on some other mix & what a nice humble bloke dave is I got his no. hopefullly for a future gig & Warrensset was amazing & what a sound bloke as well as i went up to him to ask asbout a tune he played 2 tunes back & after about 15 mins as he's still playing he calls me over & hands me the record so i cud take down the name,artist,lable top bloke & in sorry Fracois i was looking forward to ur set as iwent to many a nite on a tuesday to hear u & warren but i heared the frist few tunes & i went back up to hear dave as liam dollard cudnt turn up but i kno u always play a brilliant set & iv heared u at a least 3 old skool gigs in the last 2-3 years but hadnt heared dave since 95 or 96 even his last set was cool it was one of the best nites iv had out in dublin in years & roll on the next one :cool:

What a nite in at that Kitchen Reunion, think I found that old skool time machine for one nite. The tunes were incredible, heard some olympic stormers in there as well, a pocket of piece, carnival. Stumbled from Warren K straight into IBO. Think the cobwebs have been permanently dusted off:D
    A big thanks to Francois and all the other DJS, best nite in about 15 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Kev k wrote: »
    does any1 have a tracklist 4 Pressure - open your mind ?? der are some top tunes dat i dont no de name of ,especially the song at bout 27mins in,a girls voice says A,B,C and D any1 be able 2 help me out?
    Here ya go Kev.Any idea's on the missing 1.too lazy to go digging it out again so hopefully somebody will know.

Pressure - Open Your Mind

Side A:

1: The Shaker - Mooncat
    2: Void - No Stoppin
    3: Jinx - Open Seaseme
    4:??????
    5:Blast - Princes Of The Night (JX Mix)
    6:Blue Bamboo - A,B,C & D (Rampant Weed Mix)
    7:Red Eye - Kut It
    8:Way Out West - Ajare

Side B:

1.First Life - Be One Of us
    2.Rozzo - Into Your Heart
    3.Gemini IV - Jump
    4.D'Enrico - It Was Meant To be
    5.M.A.N.IC - Jump Into This
    6.Tyke - Dance No More
    7.Version II - Skychilds Toccata (6 AM @ Trade Mix)
    8.Bootleg Boys - Euro Friendly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Kev k

aceberg wrote: »
    Here ya go Kev.Any idea's on the missing 1.too lazy to go digging it out again so hopefully somebody will know.

Pressure - Open Your Mind

Side A:

1: The Shaker - Mooncat
    2: Void - No Stoppin
    3: Jinx - Open Seaseme
    4:??????
    5:Blast - Princes Of The Night (JX Mix)
    6:Blue Bamboo - A,B,C & D (Rampant Weed Mix)
    7:Red Eye - Kut It
    8:Way Out West - Ajare

Side B:

1.First Life - Be One Of us
    2.Rozzo - Into Your Heart
    3.Gemini IV - Jump
    4.D'Enrico - It Was Meant To be
    5.M.A.N.IC - Jump Into This
    6.Tyke - Dance No More
    7.Version II - Skychilds Toccata (6 AM @ Trade Mix)
    8.Bootleg Boys - Euro Friendly
    nice one man,big help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

Anybody know the name of this tune ?
    it's very oldskool breakbeat.

heres the 3rd Asylum ckassics mix by mu m8 keith its called "Only for the head strong" as its Asylum hard trance All the way so enjoy folkes :cool:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jnjtd2zgxzz

heres the 3rd Asylum ckassics mix by mu m8 keith its called "Only for the head strong" as its Asylum hard trance All the way so enjoy folkes :cool:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jnjtd2zgxzz

Thanks for posting Dub33 :cool:

Fitze wrote: »
    What a nite in at that Kitchen Reunion, think I found that old skool time machine for one nite. The tunes were incredible, heard some olympic stormers in there as well, a pocket of piece, carnival. Stumbled from Warren K straight into IBO. Think the cobwebs have been permanently dusted off:D

Yeah agreed... I genuinely felt on the dance floor while Francois was playing that I'd been transported back to the mid 90s. Great tracks, nice amount of people with a really good atmosphere... and eh, orange sonic :pac:

Defo looking forward to getting out again soon and not leaving it so long again either.

Yeah agreed... I genuinely felt on the dance floor while Francois was playing that I'd been transported back to the mid 90s. Great tracks, nice amount of people with a really good atmosphere... and eh, orange sonic :pac:

Defo looking forward to getting out again soon and not leaving it so long again either.

You sort of get a feeling as witch nites are going to good as above & they will be the type of niites il be heading too as well go to the excgeacker 1 nite to hear warren & co play there new sounds up there most fri,sat,suday nitses so il pop up there 1 of the nites & the 24 july for the shaft reunion as the kitchen/shaft reunion in 2006 was the last time i had as good a nite i did last sat @ kiktchen reunion so the next nite il be out in dublin will be the Shaft reuion on the 24th of july & im getting that feeling its going to be good but in the mean time im off to Ibiza This Saterday 3rd july for a week so i will be doing a lot of clubbing & this sunday for the 4th july ny bro whos getting married there on the Mon 5th has for the sun. the front talbes booked for the sunset :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Fitze wrote: »

Darn, I sholud have checked it out. Its nice to rekindle the vibe every now and again, havent done it for a while now and said I would'nt but when you hear the stories................:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement