Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Ahh this is defo one of my favorite tracks of all time.........have it on vinyl years now & it is precious,

Heres a video i put together from the ASYLUM in Feb 1992.....i changed the sountrack & added my own Pics to the start & some visual effects to make it more enjoyable to watch & it begins with Bycance.....camera man wont win any prizes for his feet shots but what can you do...i uploaded it as two MPEG files here....

ASYLUM_FEB_92_THIN_ICE_PART_1_400mb
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TIBFF723
    http://www.megavideo.com/?d=TIBFF723

ASYLUM_FEB_92_THIN_ICE_PART_2_400mb
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JCJ34QYS
    http://www.megavideo.com/?d=JCJ34QYS

This is the Audio from the above Video,
    http://www.mediafire.com/?9ngcg9q249n

You might like this post also,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56590325&postcount=2883

Nice one man, I look forward to looking at those. Yeah that's one of my favourite tracks as well. I had it on vinyl - again bought in Tag. I was doing a party in Tallaght years ago with a load of mates and we all headed to an early house afterwards. All my vinyl ended up getting stroked. Not all but most. Fuming I was, and still am when I think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

SteoL wrote: »
    Nice one man, I look forward to looking at those. Yeah that's one of my favourite tracks as well. I had it on vinyl - again bought in Tag. I was doing a party in Tallaght years ago with a load of mates and we all headed to an early house afterwards. All my vinyl ended up getting stroked. Not all but most. Fuming I was, and still am when I think about it.

I would be seriously pis.sed for a long time if anyone stroked my Vinyl:mad:
    Where in tallaght pray tell was this party??? Im only from down the road & went to a good few up round tallaght.

The second link under the ones i posted that say megavideo show you them like YT before you download them.......its all one video split in two.

Where in tallaght pray tell was this party??? Im only from down the road & went to a good few up round tallaght.

Can't really remember - I don't know the area well - it was my mates birds (now wife) gaf. Just sent him a text so will get back to you on that. He did tell me last week he's a load of my vinyl so hopefully they've turned up again :rolleyes:

I did that me self a couple of times near the end of the ASYLUM's life.......me mates that i went buzzing with into the raves all the time were more & more just hanging out in mates gaffs horseing E's out of it & only going into the raves week on week off & i was telling them it was a waste of time buzzing in gaffs & that the ASYLUM had not got long left to run.......it had been raided a load of times by then & the rumours were around every week or two that it was the last one........no way i was missing the last time it opened its doors so i ventured in on my lonesome a few times near the end cause same as you said i knew i would meet lads we new from Clondalkin, Jobstown, Walkinstown, Ballymun, Crumlin etc etc.......had one amazing experience one of those nights i will never forget,

Was buzzing in tymon park just in front of the basketball arena coincidentally seeing as it was mentioned above on a real sunny day, we were all drinking taking microdots all day & i think i had taken two during that day, i had three grey doves (fairly trippy on there own) & one dot left & was heading into the ASYLUM later that night but didnt have anyone else wanting to go in........i went in anyway & over the course of the night consumed the doves & one more dot & had an amazing night & departed the ASYLUM around 7 or 8 am.......now this was before we had mobile phones so when i got back to greenhills i went to my mates gaff where all my mates would usually be flying on E's & tapped the window (as you did) but they were not there (BALLS!)......i had to go around to my gaff, went around to my gaff & up to my room to skin up & flake for a while until later........after a big roaster i lay back on my bed & tripped that i was back in the park earlier on that day & more or less recounted the whole experience as a trip........i eventually snapped out of it & realiised i had only been tripping for about a half an hour or a little more but my perception of time was if i had been buzzing again for a whole day:eek:.........it was an amazing experience to say the least & when i snapped out of it i had put my TV on before i flaked & Black hole sun by soundgarden was on MTV,

Another roaster smoked & then headed off up to molloys in tallaght i think????

Nice story. Never did dots meself, was always strawberrys with me.

I remember one night a mate of mine owed me and another mate of mine so he gave us a few pills - Fido Dido's I think they were - the first batch (the good batch). We ended up dropping them and for some reason decided to walk into town through Cabra. Ended up outside The Ormonde and decided to chance our arm on getting in for free. Couldn't believe it when they actually did let us in. Turned out to be a deadly night. Couldn't ask for more than a free night out:P

I remember one night a mate of mine owed me and another mate of mine so he gave us a few pills - Fido Dido's I think they were - the first batch (the good batch). :P

I do remember now they were out once.....cant remember ever doing them but thats not to say i didnt in the middle of proceedings sometime:P

• Advertisement

I do remember now they were out once.....cant remember ever doing them but thats not to say i didnt in the middle of proceedings sometime:P

'First batch wasn't bad but after that they were crap. Do you remember Christmas Crackers? Talk about trippy.......

Used to wreck the place with the following combo of tunes:

Terra Ferma - Floating

BBE - 7 days

NBG - Mickey and Mallory

Empirion - Narcotic Influence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dirt bird

'First batch wasn't bad but after that they were crap. Do you remember Christmas Crackers? Talk about trippy.......
    I remember them alright Christmas 94,they were fookin horrible,no E buzz of them at all,god knows what was in them?

Jaysus you know what.....i can remember the name all right but again couldnt tell ya if i ever did any, think i did them but cant be sure.......wouldnt have been all that bothered if they were trippy as it was getting hit & miss by 1995 1996 whether there was a clean E buzz off any of them, was happy enough if they were strong & didnt come down after an hour!! There was some shi.te surfacing around 95 96 that just didnt cut it........ended up blanking pills by around 98 completley for base speed & trips for kicks.......didnt touch another one until homelands 2000 & blanked them again after that.

• Advertisement

Dirt bird wrote: »
    I remember them alright Christmas 94,they were fookin horrible,no E buzz of them at all,god knows what was in them?

Most of my mates thought they were rotten as well but I quite liked them. Mad trippy buzz and I used to love tripping.

is there such a thing as a good E these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Apparently there were loads floating around at Life Festival - Orange something-or-others. Don't know if they're still out there though.

is there such a thing as a good E these days?

Heres three goodie's.........
    goodies_wideweb__430x274.jpg
    Tim Brooke Taylor, bill Oddie, Graham garden
    Sorry i'll get my coat & go now.

Does anyone know a tune that used to go "I just wanna keep on going keep on going keep on going I just wanna keep on going" then it went " on and on, on and on". The cover of the record had a face on it. Sorry for being vague but this is one that was knicked on me and it's been bugging me for years as would love to track it down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

Heres three goodie's.........
    goodies_wideweb__430x274.jpg
    Tim Brooke Taylor, bill Oddie, Graham garden
    Sorry i'll get my coat & go now.

I lol'ed anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

Bangin' tune,needs sped up bit tho:D

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    I lol'ed anyway...

Did meself as well.

SuprSi wrote: »
    Apparently there were loads floating around at Life Festival - Orange something-or-others. Don't know if they're still out there though.

Cool, thanks.

sgtbilko01 wrote: »

Bangin' tune,needs sped up bit tho:D

Jaysus man haven't heard that in years, nice one.

Anyone know another tune from that era? Started "Let's go back in time, way back into time, the time of the cavemen, the cavewomen, neanderthalllll......"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

soundgarden? black hole sun?hey lets stick 2 the topic shall we? asylum sides olympic etc..u know u can message eachother too for trips down memory lane,sound garden? wtf!

soundgarden? black hole sun?hey lets stick 2 the topic shall we? asylum sides olympic etc..u know u can message eachother too for trips down memory lane,sound garden? wtf!

So what are you saying? That trips down memory lane are not for public discussion on an oldskool thread!!

Seems a bit of a contradiction to be honest, & it was put up because it was the part of the story & is as trippy as fu.ck........that was the entire context of my post.

Great track anyway.

difference of opinion is all, but sound garden?

difference of opinion is all

Sound, but i send very little PM's & if i do its just usually information on something not for discussing stuff.
    but sound garden?

well if you took three microdots, three grey doves, a load of smoke & gargle & just snapped out of one of the trippiest experiences you ever had to that video at 9-10am after being in the ASYLUM all night you would understand:D;)

3 microdots? that deserves a rub of the chin? hmm ha, fuk that,, 1 of them was enuff, but i did like me es n coke,loved asylum, if all that around today i wudnt go tho, not in2 drug scene anymore, dont even smoke, but them old doves and mad bastards were great bk then lol, ok no more memory lane, u got me doin it now, ha

3 microdots? that deserves a rub of the chin? hmm ha, fuk that,, 1 of them was enuff,

By god no.......dots were a must back then.......mate of mine used to get, ahem, quite a few of them at a time & would give me the bag that was left at the end of it which was all dust & broken little bits & flakes:eek::P:pac::cool:..........made the experience even more delightful:D..........shared it with a chap i used to buzz with from jobstown in there one night/morning & he told me the next week that it was the trippiest buzz ever by the time the bus got to jobstown:)........still floating around they are if ya know the right folks;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

love that sound garden tune key, and your dead right, savage viewin tripped haha. mind you most of your man chris cornell's music is good. great vid tho.

es-cee wrote: »
    love that sound garden tune key, and your dead right, savage viewin tripped haha. mind you most of your man chris cornell's music is good. great vid tho.

Ye some good sh.it alright.......wont go on too much about sound garden cause we'll get scolded for it but another track they did i think was called 'Rusty cage' i liked a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

still floating around they are if ya know the right folks;)

would love to know these folks:p

• Advertisement

es-cee wrote: »
    would love to know these folks:p

Havnt talked to them in over a year but yes the dots are still around & coming in from Holland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement