Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

aceberg wrote: »
    Lads anybody know exactly which mix of E-Zee Possee - Everything Starts With An "E" this 1 is in the sides vid

Everything Starts With An "E"
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rzkqyhzgvgy

Track directly from video

SIDES DC - NR GEX
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mdyyq4zymit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭CelticSpirit

blueshed wrote: »
    Anybody know the name of the club on Parnell st=was at a tall paul gig there 1nite.
    was there a few times but cant remember the name lol.
    got some dodgy pills there once=pink spice girls.
    gf found me walking around the place with an empty btl in my hand and i was lookin for some bloke to smash him.

It's not the Parnell Mooney is it?:confused:

Kev k wrote: »
    there was celtic crosses in bray not 2 long ago,dey were spost 2 be farley good,never got my hands on them though:(

There are these ones floating around with Birds on them, pinkish colour???????
    Dont know anything about them though

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yes Orange Sonics come with a huge recommendation... I mean it when I say I haven't felt that feeling since the 90s!!!

My first ever trip was a micro dot, amazed they are still floating about - they were mental fcking things!!! Thoughts trips really were a thing of the past.

Used to always buy them in Edenmore off a lad called Lefty (who I think was later stabbed in Tiffanys near Darndale)... he generally had Red Eyes (the name of the acid, not his eyes :pac: ) which were a pretty nice trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

deffo not the Parnell Mooney
    was opposite the shakespere pub-can remember that ok.

It was called 'The Ivy Rooms' years ago until they changed the name, but for the life of me I can't remember it.. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    There are ones out at the moment called 'Crosses', I heard they are very very good. Also there were either called Hammers & Spanners or Hammers & Sycles a while back which were as close to the real deal as you would get these days.
    Also my bro in law says he know a fella who recently came out of prison after a very long strech, anyway apparently this fella knew he was going down at the time and buried a vacuum packed bag containing a block of putty black, a load of Mitsubishis and wait for it a load of White Doves.
    Although this sounds too good to be true those chemicals have probably become unstable after all those years, a bit like my brain.
    Maybe the vacuum pack kept them good.

PS Dont PM me unless you have 25 Punt per pill:D:D

WOW..I don't even Drink or smoke now but Could be tempted to do one of them babys :)

On the Subject on 'e' ,was chating to a girl i work with a few months ago and she was telling me she took 10 E's one saturday night . They definitely must be crap these days. Can you imagine takeing 10 doves in 1992

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Anybody know the name of the club on Parnell st=was at a tall paul gig there 1nite.
    gf found me walking around the place with an empty btl in my hand and i was lookin for some bloke to smash him.

Subterranean..? Few doors up from Fibbers...

Subterranean..? Few doors up from Fibbers...

Fibber McGee's was the name I was looking for. There was also the Elevator not too far either.

Can you imagine takeing 10 doves in 1992

:D

drugs-make-us-dance-awesome-demotiv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

WOW..I don't even Drink or smoke now but Could be tempted to do one of them babys :)

On the Subject on 'e' ,was chating to a girl i work with a few months ago and she was telling me she took 10 E's one saturday night . They definitely must be crap these days. Can you imagine takeing 10 doves in 1992

I know 1 chap that reckoned he did.You mentioned his name on here before.the chap is gone now R.I.P.Before i ever did e's he tried to sell meself and me m8 some outside rosehill house 1 nite.Said he did 10 himself the week before in sides.:eek:

Sure even back then i know lads that were going to the Asylum and would do between 3/5 e's and these were doves and 2/3 double dip strawberries on top of that :eek:.
    Only ever did a micro dot once.Was usually a d/d strawberry for me and Dodger.And 1 was always enough for us.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dirt bird

Subterranean was the name of the club,beside fibbers if memory serves me correctly,its was open around 97,98.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dirt bird

JCarey70 wrote: »
    Fibber McGee's was the name I was looking for. There was also the Elevator not too far either.
    I remember elevator was the name of a club night put on by the horny organ tribe(toni walsh,aidan kelly)in the ormond in 1994.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Sure even back then i know lads that were going to the Asylum and would do between 3/5 e's and these were doves and 2/3 double dip strawberries on top of that :eek:.
    Only ever did a micro dot once.Was usually a d/d strawberry for me and Dodger.And 1 was always enough for us.:D

That sounds about right for a night in the ASYLUM........you would be just scraping by if a night only consisted of two doves & one dot.........always upwards of that amount was the aim but 10 yokes!!!!! If they did they would surley have been in a corner somewhere with their bottom lip up over there forehead:pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Dirt bird wrote: »
    Subterranean was the name of the club,beside fibbers if memory serves me correctly,its was open around 97,98.

Spot on...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

Here is an oldskool UK Magazine, from back in the day.

Eternity Magazine - Issue 1 - December 1992

http://www.mediafire.com/?njnne171xjw

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Fitze

Yes Orange Sonics come with a huge recommendation... I mean it when I say I haven't felt that feeling since the 90s!!!

My first ever trip was a micro dot, amazed they are still floating about - they were mental fcking things!!! Thoughts trips really were a thing of the past.

Used to always buy them in Edenmore off a lad called Lefty (who I think was later stabbed in Tiffanys near Darndale)... he generally had Red Eyes (the name of the acid, not his eyes :pac: ) which were a pretty nice trip.

Likewise on those crosses gary ablets, done them at that Kitchen gig. Think most people were on something similar hence the incredible atmosphere Havent done anything as good since early 90s. Had to pay 10 yoyos but was worth it, they could just have me hooked again:)

These are doing the rounds at the moment, 'Pink Cock'

http://www.pillreports.com/index.php?page=display_pill&id=22634#comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

.Was usually a d/d strawberry for me .And 1 was always enough for us.:D

Ha ha.....same here man, same here. Don't know how anyone could do more than one trip at a time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

SteoL wrote: »

into your hardcore steo yeah?

what about a bit of darkness???

es-cee wrote: »
    into your hardcore steo yeah?

:D Yeah man, into the really early stuff. Hope it's ok to be putting these vids up here? Will delete if not:o

:D Yeah man, into the really early stuff. Hope it's ok to be putting these vids up here? Will delete if not:o

its my fav type of music man, so no complaints here lol ;)

what about a bit of darkness???

Excellent - Mickey Finn is class. Had a deadly tape years ago was either Mickey Finn or Jumpin Jack Frost with Mark-E-G as MC. Was pure class but is long lost now :mad:

its my fav type of music man, so no complaints here lol ;)

Sound :D

Excellent - Mickey Finn is class. Had a deadly tape years ago was either Mickey Finn or Jumpin Jack Frost with Mark-E-G as MC. Was pure class but is long lost now :mad:

i'm mad into the stuff meself, love me '91/'92 hardcore, '93 for the darkcore and '94 onwards for the jungle. its all oldskool anyway and this is an oldskool thread.

check this bad bwoy out, class tune!

Sound :D

i've posted gaggle loads of hardcore/jungle/dnb vids on here over the past year and half, so have a good few of the peeps off here so don't worry bout the tunes. the name on the thread is a bit misleading lol, ain't just about the asylum, its oldskool in general.:D

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement