Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Oh how I love this record. Whatever happened to Skin Up after their few tracks - Blockbuster, A Juicy Red Apple, Accelerate?????

Anyone go to the garage rave NYE around 95ish? It was just off Amiens street down by the 5 lamps. Warren was playing.

Or did anyone go to the beach party Aug 94 or 95 (could even have been 96 - same above)? This was in a big sand dune in Bettys Town. I remember I bought my bus ticket in Tag records. The guards raided just as the decks were being packed away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

great old skool gig happening On Bank holiday sunday 1 of Augest tech radio dublin presents
    RESERECTION
    With DJs
    Warren K
    Dave McDonald
    Winnie Dillion
    Ken brady
    Keith Behan

Playing the best in the real Underground Classics from Dublins best clubs Inc. The mansion House,The Asylum,Sides,Fantaziza/g1's, club So, The ormond, the music been played will not be the same old tunes that get played over & over again so if u want a nite of true Underground classics with 2 of Dublins Best & Well respected Djs & more & only a 10 e in,Location: The Pint bar formanlly the liffy bar so i hope 2 c u all there!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭DEVOTION

FLASHBACK - ULTIMATE OLD SKOOL SUMMER SIZZLER!

Featuring

Alan Pullen
    James Devlin
    Mark Fitzpatrick
    Adam O'Connor
    Barry Fitzpatrick

2el9g76.jpg

Flashback presents a scorching line-up for our Summer Sizzler! Ultimate old skool beats and classic anthems are the order of the day so if you're a fan of the timeless music from legendary clubs such as The Asylum, The Olympic, The Ormonde, Sides and The Waterfront, get yourselves down and be sure not to miss out!

DUB33 wrote: »
    great old skool gig happening On Bank holiday sunday 1 of Augest tech radio dublin presents
    RESERECTION
    With DJs
    Warren K
    Dave McDonald
    Winnie Dillion
    Ken brady
    Keith Behan

Playing the best in the real Underground Classics from Dublins best clubs Inc. The mansion House,The Asylum,Sides,Fantaziza/g1's, club So, The ormond, the music been played will not be the same old tunes that get played over & over again so if u want a nite of true Underground classics with 2 of Dublins Best & Well respected Djs & more & only a 10 e in,Location: The Pint bar formanlly the liffy bar so i hope 2 c u all there!

Nice one Dub will def try to get into this. Anyone else considering going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

SteoL wrote: »
    Anyone else considering going?

I always consider going to every gig thats advertised........its whether or not Domestic & Financial factors permit that will ultimatley finalise the considering process for me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

im not really into the hardcore, but some is alright, i remember this one, it was on an old carl cox hellraiser tape i had yrs ago, it was mixed in with vicious circles poltergeist.... was pretty cooell :)

I played this mixtape to death....Have you got a copy???

• Advertisement

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    I played this mixtape to death....Have you got a copy???

Are you looking for it or offering??

I have some of it on mediafire from my own tape i converted but im sure you can pick up all the Hellraiser sets on the Net.

no i dont sgtbilko, you can hear some of the mixes on youtube

Heres two of Carl Cox in the Ulster hall.......these are not my own conversions just out there on the web,

Carl Cox Vengeance 2
    http://www.mediafire.com/?xnng0uygdzx

Carl Cox Hellraiser 6
    www.mediafire.com/?jdmggdykya2

The MC calls for all the ASYLUM heads in the Rave at one point:D or is that the waterford 1994 mix:confused:

Any of u hear "The battle of the Djs @ kellys 94 between Carl Cox & Dj Trix" its letal espeically as Dj Trix comes on after carl Cox & u hear I lik to move it, move it & the start of poltergiest kicks in he use's the reel2reel sample brilliant i hav it somewhere il u/l if anybody wants :D

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=125083580867819&ref=mf

click this link for full Info on Tech radio presents
    RESURECTION
    The Pint Bar Formanlly the Liffey Bar. bankholiday Suunday 1st of Augest
    Admin : 10 euro
    FEAT :
    Warren K
    Dave McDonald
    2 of Dublins Best Djs playing Classics's that havnt been played in years they will be digging into there collections to bring u the best in Underground Classics from Some of Dublins Best Clubs Inc. The Manstion House,The Asylum,Fantazia/g1's/sides/ormond etc.etc with support from the Tech Radio Ressidents
    Winnie Dilling
    Ken Brady
    Keith behan
    Who will also be digging deep into there colections to bring u back in time with real underground classics of Dublin,it promises to be 1 hell of a nite with quality music from start to finish expect a lot quality music that dosn't get played @ most old skool gigs were a lot of the same tunes get played

Love it...Frankfurt Beat....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    Love it...Frankfurt Beat....

got a decent mp3 by any chance mate, top tune indeed!

download freeyoutubeconverter.com, does exactly wat is says on the tin, ......... any know a track by the name of funky monkey,,and its not mark kavanagh,it was a funky house track

es-cee wrote: »

I have 1 kiddo il pm u wit it

• Advertisement

download freeyoutubeconverter.com, does exactly wat is says on the tin, ......... any know a track by the name of funky monkey,,and its not mark kavanagh,it was a funky house track

have it mate, bt YT rips are sh1te quality for decks man, the bitrate of the vids are crap on YT.

Another bangin' FB production...

Give this few spins and it'll grow on ya...

If you google it you get a link to filestube 5 links down;)

Google search foe tune

Google is great:D

anyone know a track named funky monkey and its not mark kavanagh,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Evil tune that man love it.

Cravings are the root of unhappiness..........:D

Love this 1 aswell.

Asylun trancer check this 1 out.Love the break in this.

And another love the way the beat kicks in after the break in this 1.

right..im lookin for a track i use 2 play at a mates house yrs ago, it was called aquarius,dont know if that was the track..or the record label.i think it was the track, remember it havin a hard beat way through it,ring any bells anyone?

• Advertisement

no not that 1, i remember the cover was light blue, think there was a pattern on the recored itself, light blue,wasnt trance, was more tech/house,..but thanks anyway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement