Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

aceberg wrote: »

love this 1 ace, never knew the name of it till now, cheers mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

right..im lookin for a track i use 2 play at a mates house yrs ago, it was called aquarius,dont know if that was the track..or the record label.i think it was the track, remember it havin a hard beat way through it,ring any bells anyone?

Could it be this.

http://www.discogs.com/Eric-Nouhan-Aquarius/release/111988

And if it is i'd say the name of the track your after is:

****ing deadly track.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

download freeyoutubeconverter.com, does exactly wat is says on the tin, .........

and listentoyoutube.com excellent this one is!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

DUB33 wrote: »
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=125083580867819&ref=mf

click this link for full Info on Tech radio presents
    RESURECTION
    The Pint Bar Formanlly the Liffey Bar. bankholiday Suunday 1st of Augest
    Admin : 10 euro
    FEAT :
    Warren K
    Dave McDonald
    2 of Dublins Best Djs playing Classics's that havnt been played in years they will be digging into there collections to bring u the best in Underground Classics from Some of Dublins Best Clubs Inc. The Manstion House,The Asylum,Fantazia/g1's/sides/ormond etc.etc with support from the Tech Radio Ressidents
    Winnie Dilling
    Ken Brady
    Keith behan
    Who will also be digging deep into there colections to bring u back in time with real underground classics of Dublin,it promises to be 1 hell of a nite with quality music from start to finish expect a lot quality music that dosn't get played @ most old skool gigs were a lot of the same tunes get played

Jaysus The Liffey Bar, used to be of my old watering holes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

aceberg wrote: »
    Could it be this.

http://www.discogs.com/Eric-Nouhan-Aquarius/release/111988

And if it is i'd say the name of the track your after is:

****ing deadly track.:D
    ahh fukin nice1 aceberg :D:D thanks, thats the 1, yea was always playing that 1, gud man

• Advertisement

oldy but a goody,, good house track this:)

anyone like richie hawtin plasticman?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

Anybody going?

It's on Saturday night the 17th at 9pm,
    If you want info ask Pierce,
    He said, he might play, E Possee - everything starts with an e,
    should be a cracken night.

41600_119359278108178_1629_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=119359278108178&ref=mf

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

right..im lookin for a track i use 2 play at a mates house yrs ago, it was called aquarius,dont know if that was the track..or the record label.i think it was the track, remember it havin a hard beat way through it,ring any bells anyone?

my mate has a trak on that lable & it sounds lik the 1 u want its called the Slapper & the other side is good as well its banging with a great uplifing buzz to it il try & get a rip or find it y/t for u

• Advertisement

yes dub thanks, yes i remember there was another cple of tracks on that label too that were very good, if u can even find the name of them , or a link on youtube that be great, cheers!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

lads any1 know were ill get cheap stanton needles mine r on their last legs

locked 1 wrote: »
    lads any1 know were ill get cheap stanton needles mine r on their last legs

depends what stantons your lookin for bro, i assume your lookin for em in town. prob sounds around altho your man in there is a bit of a tea leaf. track master stantons will cost ya upwards of €140 for 2 so up to yourself mate on what your plannin to spend.
    hope ive been of some help mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

es-cee wrote: »
    track master stantons will cost ya upwards of €140 for 2 so up to yourself mate on what your plannin to spend.
    hope ive been of some help mate.

Well thats that out the window until the recssion is past anyway.........have the same stanton needles on my decks this past 10 years (well they havnt had much use in the last 5 anyway) but was considering gettting new needles & setting up again proper but fu.ck that they wont be getting any new needles at that price.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

Well thats that out the window until the recssion is past anyway.........have the same stanton needles on my decks this past 10 years (well they havnt had much use in the last 5 anyway) but was considering gettting new needles & setting up again proper but fu.ck that they wont be getting any new needles at that price.:eek:

Hart to find are your only man!

Sounds around is a rip off.

http://www.htfr.com/stylus/?minprice=4&maxprice=99&manufacturer=stanton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Just on the needles thing. I think you might be confusing buying the needles (stylus) with buying the the stylus and cartridge which is the complete unit, hence the high cost. Carts don't need to be replaced as they don't wear out unlike stylii.

As for cost, I've found Chemical Records to be the best, although it's been a while since I bought needles from them so it may have changed. I picked up a couple of Shure Witelabels from them a few years ago and they're the shizzle. They look great too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dirt bird

Another evil one in my opinion.

Any one remember this one from the temple of sound,a fav of billy scurry.

This was played everywhere.

Dirt bird wrote: »
    This was played everywhere.
    great track that.loved templeofsound.was there every sat nite.place had some great djs that played there, do u know where or do u have any billy scurry stuff?

• Advertisement

remember this one from temple theatre

Hart to find are your only man!

Sounds around is a rip off.

http://www.htfr.com/stylus/?minprice=4&maxprice=99&manufacturer=stanton

Cheers for that chief.......never knew HTFR sold anything other than records.
    BaZmO* wrote: »
    Just on the needles thing. I think you might be confusing buying the needles (stylus) with buying the the stylus and cartridge which is the complete unit, hence the high cost. Carts don't need to be replaced as they don't wear out unlike stylii.

Fair play chief, as you can tell its been quite a while since i even looked at the needles on my decks never mind change em........can you tell me if you can get software that acts as a mixer on a laptop but using decks playing vinyl into it??.....I know you can get VDJ for mixing MP3's but would be handy if you could get software to use with your vinyl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Is mise le key are you heading to that old skool nite on August 7th in the Pint Bar it looks as if there will be a few from here going?

I'm flying back myself and will be there look forward to it.:)

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Is mise le key are you heading to that old skool nite on August 7th in the Pint Bar it looks as if there will be a few from here going?

Will be in spain then soaking up the beer:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Fair play chief, as you can tell its been quite a while since i even looked at the needles on my decks never mind change em........can you tell me if you can get software that acts as a mixer on a laptop but using decks playing vinyl into it??.....I know you can get VDJ for mixing MP3's but would be handy if you could get software to use with your vinyl.

I think Serato is what you might be after, it uses Time-Coded vinyl so you can play your MP3s in a vinyl. Jonny uses it so maybe he could tell you some more about it.

Will be in spain then soaking up the beer:D

sound man catch ya again enjoy the holliers;)

Its a pitty Jon u cant make it over for our gig on the 1st wit Warrenk & Dave McDonald playing tunes that havnt been played since the early 90's as it wil b a usuall classics free ite as all the Djs are playing the real underground classics from some of dublins best underground clubs the other djs r Winnie D, (slim) Ken Brady & Keith behan were going to blow the place apart :D bbut il be heading into that gig on the 7th as well its a good spot up stairs i was there last sat nite @ an old skool gig but it was the usuall stuff that gets played @ most old skol gigs :eek: but it was still a good nite heres the link o the flyer btw im looking forward to catching up wit u

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055967415

Yeah im mad busy and between work, the missus and young lad and loads of other things i can only get back to Dublin once every 4 to 6 weeks but looking forward to a good nite out in Dublin, Joey Negro was the last big nite i had out in Dublin.:)

Yeah im mad busy and between work, the missus and young lad and loads of other things i can only get back to Dublin once every 4 to 6 weeks but looking forward to a good nite out in Dublin, Joey Negro was the last big nite i had out in Dublin.:)

We'll hav a good old session on the 7th try & get some of the old crew togeather for a reunion lol sure the young lad is more than important than anything else jon, im loking forward to to catching up wit u :D

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement