Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

es-cee wrote: »

Whooper of a tune!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dirt bird

great track that.loved templeofsound.was there every sat nite.place had some great djs that played there, do u know where or do u have any billy scurry stuff?
    Only ever saw one billy scurry mix,it was on nioldskool site,it was a set he did on power fm may 94,dont know if it is still availble.

I think this one is the best.

Anyone remember this tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

use to watch this show years ago on I.T.V.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Subject

great track that.loved templeofsound.was there every sat nite.place had some great djs that played there, do u know where or do u have any billy scurry stuff?
    Here's some recent Billy Scurry [soulfunkdisco'nhiphop] mixes - www.soundcloud.com/billyscurry
    You can catch him DJing at Twisted Pepper this Saturday alongside Kyle Hall [Detroit], Troy Pierce [Berlin] & more... Full details: HERE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

thanks subject, can you put any of them mixes or tracks on mp3 format?

ooh ya can, like it, all djs, lots of uptodate adam beyer live stuff, thanks subject

Dirt bird wrote: »

Yea thats a cool tune alrite

use to watch this show years ago on I.T.V.

So did i then there was some other show that replaced it then there was BPM use to love them all & the party zone wit simone :D then the chill out zone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Anyone remember Ireland's only dance music update News later back in 1991?
    Mr Spring has uploaded some of his fanzine collection on Mrspring.net in the GALLERY Section. Some funny and indeed interesting reading!:D

Check out Irelands top 40 dance chart from April 91:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

SteoL wrote: »

Not sure if you checked the links i sent you a whhile back but this is the first 9 mins of the video i put together of the ASYLUM a couple of years back,

heres the entire video in full MPEG quality,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66811545&postcount=9272

Not sure if you checked the links i sent you a whhile back but this is the first 9 mins of the video i put together of the ASYLUM a couple of years back,

heres the entire video in full MPEG quality,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66811545&postcount=9272

Haven't yet man, having difficulties with my Broadband at home. When posting the link I thought "someone here probably posted this on youtube". Ah well.........:mad:

Can't wait to get my Broadband issues sorted as really want to see that vid in full. Someone thieving your vids though man, that's not good. I'd be major p*ssed off if it was mine.

Haven't yet man, having difficulties with my Broadband at home. When posting the link I thought "someone here probably posted this on youtube". Ah well.........:mad:

Can't wait to get my Broadband issues sorted as really want to see that vid in full. Someone thieving your vids though man, that's not good. I'd be major p*ssed off if it was mine.

Ahh look my philosophy on it is that there is no point hoarding Vids or Mixes of Raves from back in the day, what are ya gonna do take it with ya to the grave!!!

Dont mind at all as long as whoever gets to see it in the end gets a shiver down their back & it raises the hairs also & gives them 33 mins of pleasure being able to see the place again that meant so much to so many & has stuck with us all to this day & into the future even if it is limited in how it looks compared to how it was when you walked down them stairs. You could even take it as a compliment that someone else thinks its good enough to stick up on YT for more people to see.

Share & Share alike.

If you click the link under the main one that says Megavideo you can preview it like watching it on YT without downloading it.

Mr Spring has uploaded some of his fanzine collection on Mrspring.net in the GALLERY Section. Some funny and indeed interesting reading!:D

Nice one paddy.......see on the ad for the music factory the old 088 mobile number:eek: Mobile phone in 1991!!!!! Must have been fuc.kin loaded:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Nice one paddy.......see on the ad for the music factory the old 088 mobile number:eek: Mobile phone in 1991!!!!! Must have been fuc.kin loaded:D

Yeah, lots of adds for Liam Dollard in sides and judge roy beans :)

Ahh look my philosophy on it is that there is no point hoarding Vids or Mixes of Raves from back in the day, what are ya gonna do take it with ya to the grave!!!

Dont mind at all as long as whoever gets to see it in the end gets a shiver down their back & it raises the hairs also & gives them 33 mins of pleasure being able to see the place again that meant so much to so many & has stuck with us all to this day & into the future even if it is limited in how it looks compared to how it was when you walked down them stairs. You could even take it as a compliment that someone else thinks its good enough to stick up on YT for more people to see.

Share & Share alike.

If you click the link under the main one that says Megavideo you can preview it like watching it on YT without downloading it.

Totally agree wit ya on that 1 :D

Ah You could even take it as a compliment that someone else thinks its good enough to stick up on YT for more people to see.

Share & Share alike.

True enough, but I'd also think give credit were it's due. If someone uploads someone elses work they should at least give credit to that person. Just my opinion. Regardless, it made my (otherwise boring) day to see that small amount of footage and look forward to seeing the rest of your video (megavideo blocked in work).

(megavideo blocked in work).

Yep blocked here to but i have the original:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭DEVOTION

Think I've a few tapes from The Temple of Sound era from Billy Scurry, Johnny Moy, Liam Dollard, and some international DJs like Rocky & Diesel. I'll get the tape deck out when I get a chance and stick them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭DEVOTION

Nice. :)

Kavanagh putting the home address and all on there!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

Any ideas lads where I can download quality mp3's,as most the YT ones r crap??;)

filestube.com. alfamp3.com alfamp3 are good but sometimes when u type a track,when it pops up it switches to some other page

filestube.com. alfamp3.com alfamp3 are good but sometimes when u type a track,when it pops up it switches to some other page

cheers mate!!R these subscription services??

no, check mediafire.com too,soundcloud is good too for tracks and mixes, just requires signup, the rest dont,alfamp3 sometimes switches 2 diff page,do a track search, soon as it pops up, click ur blue arrow in top left of monitor, then click it forward, thatll stop it switchin 2 a diff page, ya know wat i mean,

Hadn't done mix in while,so stuck few tunes together...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/eoijjol71dobohu/Bilko 'Hypnosis'.mp3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭theoldalfer

What's the gig on the 7th lads? who's playing?

What's the gig on the 7th lads? who's playing?
    The gig on the 7th old skool gig called Obsession
    OBSESSION..
    A NIGHT OF FULL ON OLDSKOOL @ THE PINT BAR EDEN QUAY SAT 7TH AUG, DJS
    EDDIE SARGENT, LAURA B, PADDY K, WINNIE DILLON & EAMON K, ONE NOT
    TO BE MISSED! :)

Or if u cant wait for that on Sunday the 1st of Augest Tech Radio Dublin Presents

RESURECTION
    With headlining Dj's
    Warren K (asylum/sides/ormond/Kitchen etc,etc,)
    Dave McDonnell (Mansion House as 1 half of the org. Bannana Boys,Fantasia org. g1's/Kithchen etc.etc & as Artist Bumble & Mad Sound Disease as well as several remix's)
    Winnie Dillion
    Ken Brady
    Keith Behan

@ The Pint Bar Eden Quey
    Entry : 10 e

All the Djs a hav Promissed to dig deep into there collections to play the real Underground Classics from Dublins greates Dance Clubs/Raves inc. The Mansion House,Sides,The Asylum,Fantazia/both G1's,ormond etc,etc music will be from 1991-95 or eairler & a few Surprises as w
    ell

I hope as many as you can attend as were trying our best to Make t a nite \people will rember & its our frist old skool nite & i kno theres a load on that weekend but our music will speack for its self
    ps.
    I Cant Wait till the 7th to meet all the members of properoldskool that i dont kno already as it will be a good nite as well especiall wit Winnie Dillion Playing along wit Laura & Paddy & Eddie :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

lol, don't let the admin of pos (mark) see ya advertisin this as pos gig as its not marc. might get upset with you next :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement