Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

es-cee wrote: »
    lol, don't let the admin of pos (mark) see ya advertisin this as pos gig as its not marc. might get upset with you next :rolleyes:

yea i kno it shud be clear now as i advertised it in 1 of my posts over there as well sure Winnie is playing @ there gig & is the main man behind Tech so they cant complain & i was helping the chap out above wit giving him some options as theres a few things on the same nite as our gig & i hav Steve Baltes wanting to come over to do an old skoo for usl set chq it out on facebook Sean :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

i ment the 1 on the 7th mate lol, pos pulled out of that gig ages ago. its just laura thats organisin it, thats why its called obsession now and not pos promotions. long story with alot of fallin out involved lol.

Was routin' thru some ols stuff and came across a Pressure tape titled 'Unknown Pleasures'.I don't see it on the net and tape is in good nick...

My prob is i'm tryin to convert it,have downloaded Audacity,but aint got fooookin clue how to do it??

Ok sussed it,but it's recording with terrible background noise.wtf do i do??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    Was routin' thru some ols stuff and came across a Pressure tape titled 'Unknown Pleasures'.I don't see it on the net and tape is in good nick...

My prob is i'm tryin to convert it,have downloaded Audacity,but aint got fooookin clue how to do it??

lower the mic level on your soundcard, get a 3.5 to 3.5 jack cable from the earphone out on your hi fi to line in on pc and do a few test runs, oh and the volume on your hi fi should be lowered as well.

• Advertisement

DUB33 wrote: »
    The gig on the 7th

OBSESSION..
    A NIGHT OF FULL ON OLDSKOOL @ THE PINT BAR EDEN QUAY SAT 7TH AUG, DJS
    EDDIE SARGENT, LAURA B, PADDY K, WINNIE DILLON & EAMON K, ONE NOT
    TO BE MISSED! :)

Or if u cant wait for that on Sunday the 1st of Augest Tech Radio Dublin Presents

RESURECTION
    With headlining Dj's
    Warren K (asylum/sides/ormond/Kitchen etc,etc,)
    Dave McDonnell (Mansion House as 1 half of the org. Bannana Boys,Fantasia org. g1's/Kithchen etc.etc & as Artist Bumble & Mad Sound Disease as well as several remix's)
    Winnie Dillion
    Ken Brady
    Keith Behan

@ The Pint Bar Eden Quey
    Entry : 10 e

All the Djs a hav Promissed to dig deep into there collections to play the real Underground Classics from Dublins greates Dance Clubs/Raves inc. The Mansion House,Sides,The Asylum,Fantazia/both G1's,ormond etc,etc music will be from 1991-95 or eairler & a few Surprises as w
    ell

I hope as many as you can attend as were trying our best to Make t a nite \people will rember & its our frist old skool nite & i kno theres a load on that weekend but our music will speack for its self
    ps.
    I Cant Wait till the 7th to meet all the members of properoldskool that i dont kno already as it will be a good nite as well especiall wit Winnie Dillion Playing along wit Laura & Paddy & Eddie :D
    Fixed now LoL

es-cee wrote: »
    i ment the 1 on the 7th mate lol, pos pulled out of that gig ages ago. its just laura thats organisin it, thats why its called obsession now and not pos promotions. long story with alot of fallin out involved lol.
    I fixed it any way i kno the crap that go's on ffs, fair play to Laura anyway as il be there as Winnie is playing anyway :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Gen:FX

Was routin' thru some ols stuff and came across a Pressure tape titled 'Unknown Pleasures'.I don't see it on the net and tape is in good nick...My prob is i'm tryin to convert it,have downloaded Audacity,but aint got fooookin clue how to do it?? - Ok sussed it,but it's recording with terrible background noise.wtf do i do??

1- What's your kit ? - Laptop or Desktop?
    2- Is your soundcard built in or is it external?

DO NOT USE THE MIC INPUT - Most systems record in 'Mono' when you use it.
    Always use the 'Line In' AND 'Mute' the Mic input (click the checkbox in your mixer)
    Set Audacity to record at 44.1Khz Stereo, 16bit, and ALWAYS record to *WAV format.
    Do Not Record
    in *MP3 format, you can encode the *WAV to *MP3 @ any bitrate later (it will only take about 10 minutes).

The less circuts the audio has to travel through means the less noise.

Eliminate any external mixer and directly hook up your Tape Players Audio Output (or Headphone output) to your computers Audio Input (remember use Line In NOT Mic In). The line-in volume slider on the mixer-input on your computer should be set to about 7.5.
    Run Audacity and set to the specs above then hit play on the tape player (the volume on your tape player should be set at 'zero' to begin with) then slowly increase the volume till you find a sweetspot that does not distort the loudest point in the audio track your recording, (Keep an eye on the led levels on your pc, do not go into the redzone / clip) Settings vary on most all cassette transfares as they are never consistant, you just need to do a couple of tests which will only takes a few minutes.

The fact that you have already got audio into your computer means your half way there anyhow, you just need to tweek a few setting to get a really clean recording. - Hope that helps :)

FOR ANY MORE INFO ON THE GIG ON THE 1ST FEAT. WARREN K & DAVE MCDONNELL
    HERES THE FACEBOOK PAGE

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=125083580867819&ref=ts

Big tnx to ess cee and esp Caff for the detailed explanation..
    Headin off 4 weekend so wont be able to test till next week.tnx alot!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Have a Mark Kavanagh mix called Unknown pleasures. it's from around 96, 97.
    it has "team deep - morning light" "sj - fever" & "rachel auburn - machine man" on it not the same mix is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Gen:FX

tdv123 wrote: »
    Have a Mark Kavanagh mix called Unknown pleasures. it's from around 96, 97. It has "team deep - morning light" - "sj - fever" & "rachel auburn - machine man" on it not the same mix is it?
    Mmmmm, I was thinkin the same meself, the title sounds familiar. Just can't recall the dj - (or cover, assuming there was1 done).
    Neuron RE-Activators provided below. (Take 2wice Daily - If symptoms reside, consult your DJ ;))

Team Deep - Morning Light

(Ahhhh Yes, This hits the spot at about 4:00am)

SJ - Fever

(There's a nice 'Dominator' hoover sample in this & a cracker TB303 that starts to peak at 2:48, the Vox is kak, as is the last 2mins.)

Rachel Auburn - Machine Man

(Again, that hoover style sample, this time it's Ramirez, Orgasmico, and there's a cool percussive cowbell type loop / but that JB sample is silly)

(PS) I've just retrieved them 3 tunes above from my browser cache, - dont bother with them 3rd Party on-line encoders lads. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Gen:FX wrote: »
    Mmmmm, I was thinkin the same meself, the title sounds familiar. Just can't recall the dj - (or cover, assuming there was1 done).
    Neuron RE-Activators provided below. (Take 2wice Daily - If symptoms reside, consult your DJ ;))

Team Deep - Morning Light

(Ahhhh Yes, This hits the spot at about 4:00am)

SJ - Fever

(There's a nice 'Dominator' hoover sample in this & a cracker TB303 that starts to peak at 2:48, the Vox is kak, as is the last 2mins.)

Rachel Auburn - Machine Man

(Again, that hoover style sample, this time it's Ramirez, Orgasmico, and there's a cool percussive cowbell type loop / but that JB sample is silly)

(PS) I've just retrieved them 3 tunes above from my browser cache, - dont bother with them 3rd Party on-line encoders lads. ;)

I do like the first track 'Morning light', second one aint to bad, but the third one can be left in the browser cache:D

(Wheres the browser cache located by the way:confused:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

tdv123 wrote: »
    Have a Mark Kavanagh mix called Unknown pleasures. it's from around 96, 97.
    it has "team deep - morning light" "sj - fever" & "rachel auburn - machine man" on it not the same mix is it?

Its from 96 & pressure had a mix out by the same name as well as they were from the nite they use to do togeather in the waterfront
    chq the tech gig out on facebook on sun 1st Aug.
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=44720782371#!/event.php?eid=125083580867819&ref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

Some good mems...

Lemon 8 - Model 8 (Remix)

SDL - Ascend From The Mind (Young Braves Mix)

LSG - Fragile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

JCarey70 wrote: »
    Some good mems...

I remember Scubadevils saying he paid £30 for that back in the day... I've listened to that tune a good bit since...

Great track, used to mix it with this way back when...:

• Advertisement

I remember Scubadevils saying he paid £30 for that back in the day... I've listened to that tune a good bit since...

I got that track for £4 in Billy disks when it first surfaced way back when... Pat Hyland used to play it all the frickin time. Loved hearing it out very loud... Sounded great...

Some good mems...

SDL - Ascend From The Mind (Young Braves Mix)

LSG - Fragile

I Love all of Oliver Liebs stuff he has some amount of old skool techno/trance tunes out there from LSG.mirage.mindspace etc,etc, jay i hope u can make it into our gig on sunday the 1st wit Warren K & Dave McDonnell headlining wit Winnie D./Ken Brady & Keith behan in support the music is going to be the real underground dublin classics from clubs lik the manstion House/Sides/The Asylum/Fantazia/G1's etc,etc heres the Facebook page link
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=125083580867819&ref=ts
    or its in the clubbing part of this forum Tech radio Presents Resurrection & i hope as many of u can make it as well door tax is only 10e in the pint bar :cool:

I got that track for £4 in Billy disks when it first surfaced way back when... Pat Hyland used to play it all the frickin time. Loved hearing it out very loud... Sounded great...

Its a real Pat tune :cool:

HELP NEEDED WHO WAS IT THAT SAID THEY KNRE MR. SPRING & MIGHT BR ABLE TO GET THE SETS FROM THE KITCHEN REUNION EARLY...? AS I NEED DAVE MCDONNELL'S SETS IF IT WAS RECORDED FOR PROMOTION FOR OUR TECH RADIO DUBLIN PRESENTD RESURRECTION WITH WARREN K,DAVE MCDONNELL WIT WINNIE D.,KEN BRADY & KEITH BEAHAN IN SUPPORT, THE SETS IS BADLY NEEDED AS I FORGOT TO GET 1 OF DAVE BEFORE HE WENT ON HOLIDAY BUT I HAV A WARREN K @ THE ASYLUM THATS NEVER BEEN U/L & WILL BE OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS TO USE AS PROMOTION FOR THE GIG WHO EVER IT IS CAN THEY PLEASE PM THX IN ADVANCE ANYWAY HERES THE FACEBOOK PAGE WIT MORE INFO BOUT THE GIG ON SUND. 1ST OF AUG. THE PINT BAR DOOR TAX 10 E A BARGAN
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=125083580867819&ref=ts

DUB33 wrote: »
    jay i hope u can make it into our gig on sunday the 1st wit Warren K & Dave McDonnell headlining wit Winnie D./Ken Brady & Keith behan in support

I'll be on-call that week so can't really do anything. Bummer :( Hope its a great night though...

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

35350_1492874569420_1460714913_31247164_5464158_n.jpg

this is a long shot..but dont suppose any1 has cover arts of mick walsh tapes,atleast then if i saw the tape thats been wreckin me head for yrs id know which 1 it was,nevermind trying 2 find the actual mix of it,...blue grey cover with nrgex on the front,sideways in a highlighted dark blue box,any1? sure it had rollercoaster and young braves on it? any1? or any just got mick walshes number, ill give em a bell lol

• Advertisement

what was that track called that was played in sides all the time dee daa da dee da da da?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement