Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

1st track on mick walsh demonix and track playing at 32mins? any1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

what was that track called that was played in sides all the time dee daa da dee da da da?

Spice of life - Keith Mac Project (Daniel Klein mix)

http://www.discogs.com/Keith-Mac-Project-Spice-Of-Life/release/1980765

Can't find the Daniel Klein mix on Y-tube so can't link to it but this one is close enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

what was that track called that was played in sides all the time dee daa da dee da da da?

the spice of life kieth mac project

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgGx1IVav7Y&feature=PlayList&p=51068392E23D6542&playnext=1&index=11

1st track on mick walsh demonix and track playing at 32mins? any1?

wat side mate ill look 4 the tape and give ya a playlist no its somewer buried

have; hand in motion- newborn-spice planet and 1 just marked nr gex1 it has flowtation and s.n.s and tundergod on it

demonix is somewer ill find it and get back to ye

thanks jay and locked

• Advertisement

1st track on side a and the track at 32 mins, i think ive side a and b as the 1 mix,altogether

nice 1 locked,,hmm that flowtation tape u have, that mite be the 1 ive been looking for, have u got it on mp3 or tracklisting for it?

nice 1 locked,,hmm that flowtation tape u have, that mite be the 1 ive been looking for, have u got it on mp3 or tracklisting for it?

side 1

1 perpetuum mobile - fur same
    2 S.n.s - clonflicts
    3 vdm - flowtation
    4 tom and norman thundergod -original mix
    5 ian pooley - chord memory
    6 k 90 fusion
    7 sourmash the spirit

side 2

1 sns ydw
    2 de niro elan vital
    3 thundergod yum yum mix (best 1)
    4 i pcress communications-sync man
    5 shango tunnelvision
    6 jay ray daylight
    7 liquid art liquid (savage)

thanks locked, wasnt the nrgex tape i was looking for,buts thanks for writin it up,there must of been some ammount of nrgex tapes made altogether,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

JCarey70 wrote: »
    I'll be on-call that week so can't really do anything. Bummer :( Hope its a great night though...
    Thx Jay but there might be a way u can still enjoy the nite as we somthing in the pipeline especially for Aceberg as he never ges 2 go out god bless him ! :p

I WILL KEEP YA ALL INFORMED ON THE DAY OF THE SURPRISES WERE WORKING ON & IF THIS GO'S WELL IT WILL BE THE FIRST OF MANY BRINGING A FRESH TAKE ON OLD SKOOL BY PLAYING THE ANTHEMS OF THE CLUBS & NOT JUST THE TAPES OR RADIO WERE PULLING OUT ALL THE STOPS & DAVE MCDONNELL IS REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO PULLING OFF THE COBWEBS OF SOME REAL UNDERGROUND MANSTION HOUSE/ASYLUM/PHANTAZIA/G1'S CLASSICS AS IS WARREN & THE TECH RESIDENTS WINNIE D. (WHO'S JUST BACK FROM SPAIN) KEN BRADY & KEITH BEHAN & ITS JUST A WEEK AWAY ON SUN. THE 1ST AUGEST, THE PINT BAR (FROMALLY THE LIFFY BAR) EDAN QUAY, DOOR TAX 10 EURO A BARGAN CONSIDERING THE TALENT SPINNING ON THE NITE, HERES THE FACEBOOK PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
    RESURRECTION
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ibiza-Spain/Jockey-Club-Ibiza/382848594824?__a=26&v=wall#!/event.php?eid=125083580867819&ref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

DUB33 wrote: »
    Thx Jay but there might be a way u can still enjoy the nite as we somthing in the pipeline especially for Aceberg as he never ges 2 go out god bless him ! :p

I WILL KEEP YA ALL INFORMED ON THE DAY OF THE SURPRISES WERE WORKING ON & IF THIS GO'S WELL IT WILL BE THE FIRST OF MANY BRINGING A FRESH TAKE ON OLD SKOOL BY PLAYING THE ANTHEMS OF THE CLUBS & NOT JUST THE TAPES OR RADIO WERE PULLING OUT ALL THE STOPS & DAVE MCDONNELL IS REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO PULLING OFF THE COBWEBS OF SOME REAL UNDERGROUND MANSTION HOUSE/ASYLUM/PHANTAZIA/G1'S CLASSICS AS IS WARREN & THE TECH RESIDENTS WINNIE D. (WHO'S JUST BACK FROM SPAIN) KEN BRADY & KEITH BEHAN & ITS JUST A WEEK AWAY ON SUN. THE 1ST AUGEST, THE PINT BAR (FROMALLY THE LIFFY BAR) EDAN QUAY, DOOR TAX 10 EURO A BARGAN CONSIDERING THE TALENT SPINNING ON THE NITE, HERES THE FACEBOOK PAGE FOR MORE INFO.
    RESURRECTION
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ibiza-Spain/Jockey-Club-Ibiza/382848594824?__a=26&v=wall#!/event.php?eid=125083580867819&ref=ts

Lol nice 1 Mark.

The thing is i've been partying hard since the end of April when i finnished up my Job.This weekend is the first weekend i've not drank :eek:Seriously have to stop.The body can't take much more neither can the bank balance.Thankfully i'm starting a new Job 2nite so looks like i'll be working next Sunday aswell.Was actually on to the brother to try and get him to go next week.But looks like i'll be working meself.:(

Some day tho Mark some day.........:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Gen:FX

this is a long shot..but dont suppose any1 has cover arts of mick walsh tapes,atleast then if i saw the tape thats been wreckin me head for yrs id know which 1 it was,nevermind trying 2 find the actual mix of it,...blue grey cover with nrgex on the front,sideways in a highlighted dark blue box,any1? sure it had rollercoaster and young braves on it? any1? or any just got mick walshes number, ill give em a bell lol
    Here's a bunch of oldies - long before Photoshop we had Pritt Stick pstick.jpg

cover_001.jpgcover_002.jpgcover_003.jpg
    cover_004.jpgcover_005.jpgcover_006.jpg
    cover_007.jpgcover_008.jpgcover_009.jpg
    cover_010.jpgcover_011.jpgcover_012.jpg

(PS) - Note to the Kinetic crew - run 'Spell-Checker' b4 going to print. ;)

thanks genfx,there must be over 100 nrgex tapes, 1 im lookin for is in that 100 somewhere, ha, i give up,thanks anyway

the hellraiser pic and the pic of the other face at the bottom,which 1s wer they?

I do like the first track 'Morning light', second one aint to bad, but the third one can be left in the browser cache:D (Wheres the browser cache located by the way:confused:)
    From the Menu bar at the top of the screen in Internet Explorer
    Tools / Internet Options / (General Tab) Browser History / Settings / View Files

Here's a few tips.
    1 - Clear your cache before a session, it will make finding your audio or video files much easier.
    2 - Watch the high quality versions of video when your on youtube or any other site (480p or above usually gets you High Quality Stereo files)
    3 - Hit 'Size' (twice) at the top of the file list, your audio and video files will jump to the top of the list.
    4 - Drag and Drop or Copy and Paste the files you want to keep to another folder.
    5 - When you rename the file, add .FLV to the end of the name.
    Name in cache looks like this - 3k%jd7=5i438=nn£444$$jg & After Renaming / Sourmash - Pilgrimage to Paradise.flv

Now you have to original file you can encode it to any format / bitrate.
    Best to encode it to *.wav format, that will allow you to edit it and do some light cleaning if needed. Intro / End / Normalise / ;)

Sometimes the files you have just watched / listened to wont show up in the file list, simply close the dialogue boxs and go back in again. But dont close your browser window. I think mikosoft have purposely put an annoying bug in there somewhere to make it appear difficult to intercept the files. You'll get the hang of it in a few minutes.

Thought for the day.... Mmmmmmm,
    If you watch or listen to a file on an official site for free, then jump to your cache and retrieve that file, have you just illegally downloaded it ???? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

tdv123 wrote: »
    Have a Mark Kavanagh mix called Unknown pleasures. it's from around 96, 97.
    it has "team deep - morning light" "sj - fever" & "rachel auburn - machine man" on it not the same mix is it?

It's deffo Pressure,as Marc said..Just found the case:p

I'll try to get decent conversion done,hopefully 2mr..

Nice 1 caf & Ace Nice 1 on the new job i kno wat's it lik & yea someday but there might be away of u still being there though ur in work as were working on a few surprises anyway Winne D live now on tech radio
    http://ustre.am/kNJt

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    It's deffo Pressure,as Marc said..Just found the case:p

I'll try to get decent conversion done,hopefully 2mr..

They both releaed 1 each i hav the kavanagh 1 im missing the pressure 1 :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Gen:FX wrote: »

Thought for the day.... Mmmmmmm,
    If you watch or listen to a file on an official site for free, then jump to your cache and retrieve that file, have you just illegally downloaded it ???? ;)

Shhhhh....Jeeesus you'll have us all in the dock:D

Nice one for the info Caf.........will be having a gander now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

I suppose any Audio That going thru the Sound card can be Recorded.
    I use Audacity for the last few years. works great for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bane

Can someone please id a track for me please. :D It's from the Dj Pressure Open Your Mind. I have the tape and then downloaded the mp3 from here. The track starts at 39:18.

Better yet, does anybody have the track for download? :) Or else I'll just hv to rip it off youtube if it's there. Major thanks!

I suppose any Audio That going thru the Sound card can be Recorded. I use Audacity for the last few years. works great for me.
    Yeah Stomp that works fine also. That's the way I might do it if I ever wanted to 'capture' a streaming audio file (a 'stream' is not stored on your drive after you view / listen to it) - or - you could view the source code (right click / view source) for the video or audio file, then copy and paste the address into © SUPER Encoder and that will fetch it for you. Have a peek at the link and see how advanced that thing is, and it's totaly free.
    Shhhhh....Jeeesus you'll have us all in the dock:D - Nice one for the info Caf.........will be having a gander now.
    - Ooops - I forgot to put the word 'allegedly' at the start of that 'How-To' I posted. (ahem ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Gen:FX wrote: »
    Yeah Stomp that works fine also. That's the way I might do it if I ever wanted to 'capture' a streaming audio file (a 'stream' is not stored on your drive after you view / listen to it) - or - you could view the source code (right click / view source) for the video or audio file, then copy and paste the address into © SUPER Encoder and that will fetch it for you. Have a peek at the link and see how advanced that thing is, and it's totaly free.

That's a serious piece of kit Caf, Just after downloading it.Going to play around with this for a while :D
    This will help me get going - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpRUB7VVNwU

Can it decode a DVD Disk ?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

I suppose any Audio That going thru the Sound card can be Recorded.
    I use Audacity for the last few years. works great for me.

Will doing it thru Audacity give better quality,as most of the dl thru the free YT downloader r sh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

That's a serious piece of kit Caf, Just after downloading it.Going to play around with this for a while :D
    This will help me get going - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpRUB7VVNwU

Can it decode a DVD Disk ?

Yes tis a great bit of free software.....have used it for almost two years now after Caf recommended it first & really does take the pain out of different file types with differenet programs needed to convert them.

any1 got tracklist for demonix mick walsh?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Bane wrote: »
    Can someone please id a track for me please. :D It's from the Dj Pressure Open Your Mind. I have the tape and then downloaded the mp3 from here. The track starts at 39:18.

Better yet, does anybody have the track for download? :) Or else I'll just hv to rip it off youtube if it's there. Major thanks!

Way Out West . Ajare/?kzapc8y2wh1054x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bane

Great stuff! Thx knird evol! Bought all these tapes in that alley shop in Temple Bar many eons ago :D, and it's great to finally hv some of these anthems in clear mp3 format. For the memories and, if I say so myself, still sounds great to this day. *Mad thumbs*

And while I'm at it, anyone hv that Dj Pressure Wanted tape tune, I think it's at the start of the side B. It's the Malcom X speech track, starts with 'Our religion teaches us to be intelligent...'

The very first tape I bought and track I heard from Dj Pressure. Then continued to buy loads. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement