Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

oldskoolgig.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

GOOD MAN SENAN IM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS EVEN ALL THE DJ'S ARE & DAVE SENT ME A MSG WHILE HE'S ON HOLIDAY TO SAY HOW MUCH HE;S LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS GIG SO BRING IT ON & I HOPE AS MANY OF YOU OLD SKOOL LOVERS CAN MAKE IT :cool:

oldskoolgig.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    Will doing it thru Audacity give better quality,as most of the dl thru the free YT downloader r sh1t

The Quality is really good Tom using Audacity and so simple to use.
    Stay away from all them third party website as the mp3 quality is pants.

Big time im atm changing all my mp3 rips into proper WAV files so its clear as fcuk when i start playing soon :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

So are yez saying that you can use Audacity to rip the audio from y/t videos and the quality is much better.As in it rips it as a clear wav file...........:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

senan s wrote: »
    oldskoolgig.jpg

Darn gonna miss it, I'll be in Liverpool on a stags though:)
    Bane wrote: »
    Great stuff! Thx knird evol! Bought all these tapes in that alley shop in Temple Bar many eons ago :D, and it's great to finally hv some of these anthems in clear mp3 format. For the memories and, if I say so myself, still sounds great to this day. *Mad thumbs*

And while I'm at it, anyone hv that Dj Pressure Wanted tape tune, I think it's at the start of the side B. It's the Malcom X speech track, starts with 'Our religion teaches us to be intelligent...'

The very first tape I bought and track I heard from Dj Pressure. Then continued to buy loads. :D

I used to buy stuff in Temple Bar Alley too, got the first Retrospective of House Compilation there.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58789866&postcount=5255

I bought that Pressure tape in Abbey Discs myself, great intro;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Gen:FX

aceberg wrote: »
    So are yez saying that you can use Audacity to rip the audio from y/t videos and the quality is much better. As in it rips it as a clear wav file...........:confused:
    It depends what soundcard you have. Check your built in mixer to see if it has something like 'Record What You Hear' checkbox / slider. It will only record 'as clear as wav' IF the file your listening to is clean and clear. If it's a dirty popper, recording to *.WAV wont make it any better, but having the *.WAV format file will allow you to edit the audio without any more degrading.
    DUB33 wrote: »
    Big time im atm changing all my mp3 rips into proper WAV files so its clear as fcuk when i start playing soon :cool:
    If the *.MP3 you have is low quality transcoding to *.WAV wont give you any higher quality dynamics in the sound, but the new *.WAV will allow you to (edit) tweek the quality a small bit without doing any more damage to the audio. You can keep re-saving *.WAV format files without loss of quality, aslong a the quality was there to begin with. *.WAV files are NOT compressed (that's why they are bigger in size) *MP3 and lots of other 'own brand' formats are compressed hence they are smaller, but each time (if) you save them they get compressed again, and again, and again. The quality will degrade rapidly.
    The Quality is really good Tom using Audacity and so simple to use. Stay away from all them third party websites as the mp3 quality is pants.
    I agree, - It would be some craic if them 3rd party sites were run by record companies, :eek: you may aswell just ring them to make sure they have your propper address. :rolleyes:
    sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    Will doing it thru Audacity give better quality,as most of the dl thru the free YT downloader r sh1t
    Aslong as you record to *.WAV format and choose the best quallity file available to begin with. Remember youtube (or any other site) will already have the audio compressed,.... by sending the file you want via a 3rd party site for encoding, your only going to get that compressed file COMPRESSED AGAIN.

On another note -
    If your into your video (or gaming), you should start looking into the CUDA technology from nVidia. Every decent company (and some funky new up-and-comers) are falling over themselves to get a slice of the pie. All the latest Video / Graphic cards have multi-core processors (just like intel / pentiums) and basically the CUDA thing treats your card as if you had several pentiums in your machine. - The applications for this technology is mindblowing, here's a sample of some software - I ripped a full dvd (almost 2 hours long) in 12 minutes. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ---- (Just found these naff vids too)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Slates33

any1 got tracklist for demonix mick walsh?

Here ya go mate

IMG.jpg

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Darn gonna miss it, I'll be in Liverpool on a stags though:)

I used to buy stuff in Temple Bar Alley too, got the first Retrospective of House Compilation there.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58789866&postcount=5255

I bought that Pressure tape in Abbey Discs myself, great intro;)

Sorry to hear u cant make it Sean but I hope u hav a great @ the stag Pal :cool:
    Hopefully wwe'll hav another 1 with just as good a line up & u can come 2 that ;)

Slates33 wrote: »
    Here ya go mate

IMG.jpg
    att Holy macaroni
    Have a look at this 1 might be the one called resurrection

IMG.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

on the tracklist theres a track called stereo gem hi q...that name is very very familiar,cant find it on youtube tho,

QUOTE=holy_macaroni;67149892]on the tracklist theres a track called stereo gem hi q...that name is very very familiar,cant find it on youtube tho,[/QUOTE]

Was this track on it if so gravity 9 is the 1 ur after

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQVADdN7WkI

Gen:FX wrote: »
    It depends what soundcard you have. Check your built in mixer to see if it has something like 'Record What You Hear' checkbox / slider. It will only record 'as clear as wav' IF the file your listening to is clean and clear. If it's a dirty popper, recording to *.WAV wont make it any better, but having the *.WAV format file will allow you to edit the audio without any more degrading.

If the *.MP3 you have is low quality transcoding to *.WAV wont give you any higher quality dynamics in the sound, but the new *.WAV will allow you to (edit) tweek the quality a small bit without doing any more damage to the audio. You can keep re-saving *.WAV format files without loss of quality, aslong a the quality was there to begin with. *.WAV files are NOT compressed (that's why they are bigger in size) *MP3 and lots of other 'own brand' formats are compressed hence they are smaller, but each time (if) you save them they get compressed again, and again, and again. The quality will degrade rapidly.

I agree, - It would be some craic if them 3rd party sites were run by record companies, :eek: you may aswell just ring them to make sure they have your propper address. :rolleyes:

Aslong as you record to *.WAV format and choose the best quallity file available to begin with. Remember youtube (or any other site) will already have the audio compressed,.... by sending the file you want via a 3rd party site for encoding, your only going to get that compressed file COMPRESSED AGAIN.

On another note -
    If your into your video (or gaming), you should start looking into the CUDA technology from nVidia. Every decent company (and some funky new up-and-comers) are falling over themselves to get a slice of the pie. All the latest Video / Graphic cards have multi-core processors (just like intel / pentiums) and basically the CUDA thing treats your card as if you had several pentiums in your machine. - The applications for this technology is mindblowing, here's a sample of some software - I ripped a full dvd (almost 2 hours long) in 12 minutes. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ---- (Just found these naff vids too)
    Ah thx Caff but i ment to say that i was going to get the vinly re-ripped to WAV not redo the mp3 :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

I just fall into this every time :D

Slates33 wrote: »
    QUOTE=holy_macaroni;67149892]on the tracklist theres a track called stereo gem hi q...that name is very very familiar,cant find it on youtube tho,

Was this track on it if so gravity 9 is the 1 ur after

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQVADdN7WkI[/QUOTE] maybe, remember havin it on a pressure tape alright tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

I just fall into this every time :D

Love it Paddy,but i love this 1 even more.****ing class...............:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

aceberg wrote: »
    Love it Paddy,but i love this 1 even more.****ing class...............:pac:

This is the ultimate Platipus song imo

effing magic!

Didn't realise Platipus records stopped trading this year. That's sad, they had some whopper tunes :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

DUB33 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear u cant make it Sean but I hope u hav a great @ the stag Pal :cool:
    Hopefully wwe'll hav another 1 with just as good a line up & u can come 2 that ;)

I havent been to an Old Skool night since Haloween in the Vaults and this sounds very good. My Mrs is actually going to some UV night there the night before and when I showed her the flyer she was snapping saying she'd much rather that night, as you would. Anyway good luck with the night all;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bluemoon2009

alri lads wats the story...ive been looking for this tune for almost years now and i still cant find it!!! hopefully one of uses could hook us up with a link to it cheers much appreciated:)

DJ QUICKSILVER - I HAVE A DREAM ( DE DONATIS MIX )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

alri lads wats the story...ive been looking for this tune for almost years now and i still cant find it!!! hopefully one of uses could hook us up with a link to it cheers much appreciated:)

DJ QUICKSILVER - I HAVE A DREAM ( DE DONATIS MIX )

Its on this myspace page also,

http://www.myspace.com/djquicksilver61

You can grab it if its streaming,

Download from myspace

You can grab it if its streaming,

Download from myspace

Even better :rolleyes:

sound lads.....where abouts is it on the myspace page....i cant seem to find it

sound lads.....where abouts is it on the myspace page....i cant seem to find it

Easy way to find content on a page is to use the google cache & it highlights the text..........you can also use ctrl+f & enter the text your after & it will bring you to it.

In the google cache

i have found the text...but the tune itself isin't there as in streaming

i have found the text...but the tune itself isin't there as in streaming

Sorry thats just me being a tit & not checking if it was streaming or not..........but if you find it anywhere streaming at all you can nab it........follow Cafs instructions a page or two back & you can take directly out of your cache on your PC........even let the vid from YT play & you will be able to retreive it from your PC's cache.

• Advertisement

anyway lads the following tunes i dont have a clue what they're called...even sum of dublins top dj's dont know them ha...anyway il post them here and ye mite know them :)

http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist? ... 547690-d21" width="335" height="28"

http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist? ... 547612-e7e" width="335" height="28"

cheers:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement