Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

es-cee wrote: »
    classics

Certainly are ;) I love all 4 tracks on the Moby (UHF) EP.

Found this record yesterday (copy I have is on JINX label), DJ Randy. Deadly:p

aceberg wrote: »
    It's Asa lol.:D

Yes i know Gav very well.Gav lived in Kippure,i also liveed there 2.Bought my first dove from Gav back in '94' also played ball with Gav for Mckelvey Celtic.

Come to think of it you must also know Gav.Gav hung around with Paul Stewert who lived on the same row of houses as Eric.Gav also hung around with Garreth Kavanagh and Nico Norman and if i'm not mistaken Eric probably hung around with them lads aswell for a while

What do u reckon yourself do u think it's Gav in the photo.Now as far as i now Gav was not a regular Asylum head.But i'd say he would have made an appearence there as i know Garreth Kavanagh did.Gav was more of a Tin Pan Alley man and possibly an Olympic head.

Woah are you from fionglass ace? I grew up there, lived there till 97. Know those dudes too. There's a blast from the past right there:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

SteoL wrote: »
    Woah are you from fionglass ace? I grew up there, lived there till 97. Know those dudes too. There's a blast from the past right there:p

What part of Finglas are you from Steo? I know some of them lads Acea is on about too.
    @Asa you started a bit late Asa getting your first Dove in 94:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

F.A.O. SteoL, ripped from utube vid;)

Drax LTD II Amphetamine
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tjctpjx99ug7v7g

What part of Finglas are you from Steo? I know some of them lads Acea is on about too.

Was from Virginia - facing Dunnes and across road from Berryfield. Often wondered if Eric still up to the old tricks :P

• Advertisement

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    F.A.O. SteoL, ripped from utube vid;)

Drax LTD II Amphetamine
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tjctpjx99ug7v7g

Cheers man :)

pellex wrote: »
    frankfurt beat productions hardtrance

Never heard this before,deadly, real Asylum ring to it! Wasnt Frankfurt stuff played in Asylum anyway??

Your killing me with this stuff Pellex ;)

[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Would have lived in Kippure in 97.Whats your second name.....

I kinnda did start late Paddy your right.:pac:Started doing acid in 93

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

hi, a track just poped in2 my head just now,dunno how or who it is, but it had a vocal in it, n it goes a lil something like this.....im mam ma. im mam ma, over n over again, any1? oh good man steo, that track antic digital mass is a great tune, been ages since i heard that 1

ace any crack on that gravity9? is it hard 2 put tape on2 mp3 format?

• Advertisement

hi, a track just poped in2 my head just now,dunno how or who it is, but it had a vocal in it, n it goes a lil something like this.....im mam ma. im mam ma, over n over again, any1? oh good man steo, that track antic digital mass is a great tune, been ages since i heard that 1

lol no, wasnt that 1,but thanks for ur reply,

lol no, wasnt that 1,but thanks for ur reply,

I was 1/2 serious 1/2 jokeing:D

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Love it meself and yeah nice one Seanyboy would appreciate that. Love this tune also:

Speedyj is amazing. Even today he has some quality tunes out. Very heavy techno - love his Collabs with Chris Liebing!

Realise the last one isn't oldskool but good to see the boys in action ;)

Actually this is one of THE best modern techno trax I know:

Agreed, I love everything Speedy J has done, he is fckin brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

maybee this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Agreed, I love everything Speedy J has done, he is fckin brilliant.

You'll hear no arguments from me on that.

He's the top man as far as I'm concerned, seen him loads of times in small venues like the Metropolitan and Traffic right up to the big festivals like I Love Techno and he's never played a bad gig in all the times I've been there.

Tiesto and the like wish they were as gifted as this lad.

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    maybee this...
    no, but thats a good 1 tho, maybe im sayin it wrong, something like em mam ma em mam ma, think it said in a break in the particular track,just one of those tunes that uve been singin for yrs and dont know the name of it, lol,id say the vocal is sayin something completely different, i just picked it up like that, em mam ma em mam ma, anyways...........

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    maybee this...
    sounds very spanish or italian, i like all that stuf...heres another.lol biko pow biko pow,biko biko biko poww.lol, some of the tracks that were always floatin around in my mind,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

sounds very spanish or italian, i like all that stuf...heres another.lol biko pow biko pow,biko biko biko poww.lol, some of the tracks that were always floatin around in my mind,

this one is it?

mad little tune. :D

• Advertisement

lol i think thats it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

tdv123 wrote: »
    this one is it?

mad little tune. :D

really hate that track meself mate hahaha

never said i liked it,just 1 of them tracks that was in my head from yrs ago,just wondered who did it

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭moany

oh yeah one of my all time favourites, i remember hearing this in the Asylum dance club in Dublin, it was about 6 in the morning and DJ Warren K dropped this, what a tune. 16 years of age i was meant be at home tucked up in my bed but I had the pleasure of experiencing this. Some memories i'll never forget them, dont think i'll be tellin my grandchildren this one though.
    They dont make em like they use to unfor, RIP Asylum keep on keepin on
    Thanks to everybody for keeping the vibe alive, The music means so much to lots of people from all over the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Certainly are ;) I love all 4 tracks on the Moby (UHF) EP.

Found this record yesterday (copy I have is on JINX label), DJ Randy. Deadly:p

Brilliant tune

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Was from Virginia - facing Dunnes and across road from Berryfield. Often wondered if Eric still up to the old tricks :P

We must of crossed paths at some stage..
    You Mean Eric Foran?

We must of crossed paths at some stage..
    You Mean Eric Foran?

Nah man. It's Eric M, I'll leave it that. It was when Gav was mentioned in earlier post I thought it was two blokes I knew who would've hung around together when I lived out there.

djhaxman wrote: »
    You'll hear no arguments from me on that.

He's the top man as far as I'm concerned, seen him loads of times in small venues like the Metropolitan and Traffic right up to the big festivals like I Love Techno and he's never played a bad gig in all the times I've been there.

Tiesto and the like wish they were as gifted as this lad.

Yup, I'd be the same. In fact if I were to list my Top DJ's/producers (in no particular order) it would go something like: Laurent Garnier, Luke Slater, Speedy J, Green Velvet, Josh Wink, Felix da Housecat, Chris Liebing. Really can't stand the likes of Tiesto, Judge Jules etc.

moany wrote: »

oh yeah one of my all time favourites, i remember hearing this in the Asylum dance club in Dublin, it was about 6 in the morning and DJ Warren K dropped this, what a tune. 16 years of age i was meant be at home tucked up in my bed but I had the pleasure of experiencing this. Some memories i'll never forget them, dont think i'll be tellin my grandchildren this one though.
    They dont make em like they use to unfor, RIP Asylum keep on keepin on
    Thanks to everybody for keeping the vibe alive, The music means so much to lots of people from all over the world

Nice one moany, love that tune.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement