Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭francois

Heroditas wrote: »
    Was he playing after you that night or am I thinking of the night when Mark Kavanagh played there?
    Think Kavanagh played there in February '95.

yeah he would have-I was resident fridays, himself, Mark and pressure mainly did saturdays though we sometimes swapped around a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

THE RECESSION SESSIONS PRESENTS DANCE 2 TRANCE OLD SKOOL TRANCE NIGHT THE 25TH OF SEPTEMBER IN THE CAVERN , RADIO CITY DUBLIN 1 DJ,S ON THE NIGHT, ERIC KEOGH, JOE MANGAN, KEN BRADY, MARK DALY, AND FINISHING OFF THE NIGHT DJ PRESSURE DOORS 10 TILL 3 ADMISSION ONLY 10 EURO OVER 18,S ID REQUIRED NEAT DRESS ESSENTIAL. ITS ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC...........

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

any1 got a playlist 4 thyme heavyweight sessions lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

locked 1 wrote: »
    any1 got a playlist 4 thyme heavyweight sessions lads

Part 1

1.Tandu - Tranceido
    2.Nostrum - Dating Rob
    3.The Syndicate - Incinerator
    4.Liquid Bass - In Full Effect
    5.The Syndicate - X-Mod
    6.Liquid Bass - Into The Silence
    7.Perplexer - Da Capo
    8.Bass Reaction - Technophobia
    9.Liquid Bass - Spirit Of life
    10.Spacewalker - Tenerife Dream

Part 2
    1.Spacewalker - Tenerife Dream
    2.???
    3????
    4????
    5.Steve Baltes - Together
    9.Baby Doc & the Dentist - Cyanide
    10 ???

thats what i have of it so far mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Its hitting about 8:30 & your have sorted you three of four Doves xtc110.jpgxtc110.jpgxtc110.jpgxtc110.jpg

4 cans of beer for refreshments with a couple of spliffs to tide you over betweeen 9:00pm & 12:00ish until you go for the last bus, walking down the road towards the bus terminus at midnight full of life & just now ready to go out. The anticipation rising in you as you are sitting on the bus waiting for it to pull out getting another spliff together or two between three or four of ya's.
    Bus pulls out & you are the only ones on it, reason being you are on your way into the city where as everyone else that hasnt discovered the Rave & Ecstasy are already mid way or at an end to their night (what a waste of time you feel).
    Travelling down through rathmines & the butterflys are doing overtime in your stomach as you are half way into town & you know it wont be more than a half hour until you are there as you watch all the garglers fall around rathmines stuffing kebabs into them.
    Time to swallow a dove xtc110.jpg we reckons:pac:

Just passing over portobello bridge & one dove chewed with that extremely bitter taste that you would be disgusted with if it was any food you put in your mouth is telling you the Doves are good:cool:
    Passing by the old haunt (the OLYMPIC) you never thought you would ever find anything in the world that could compare to but now glance up plesants street at the Queue & say to yourself (your wasting your time, the ASYLUM is where its at). Same as you pass SIDES which you only frequented & couple of times after the OLYMPIC until you heard about the ASYLUM.
    Hop off at Trinity about 10-15 mins later & that walk across O'Connell bridge! Only slighty feeling any effects of the dove but beginning to come up you float across the bridge like a homing instinct has just been triggered in you, then you turn the corner to see how many people are outside & hear the bassline:D Holy sh.it - here we go:)
    You approach the bouncer gerry you were given the heads up to from the first time you were there, He will let 4 of you in the emergency doors straight into the Skag room (second floor at ground level) for £30 which is a little less each than the tenner a head they are looking.

He pulls up the shutters & bang:eek:, the heat, the humidity, the smell of hash, Olbas oil, vicks & the pounding bassline & beat!!!!!

OH FUC.KIN YE!!!!

Down the lenght of the skag room with your jacket being taken off as you walk, heads everywhere absolutley mad out of it, temperature soaring you walk down the back stairs to put yer jacket in in the cloakroom at the end of the hall behind the DJ box, you can feel the coolness almost outside the emergency door onto middle abbey street & you just want to get your jacket in as you look back down the short hallway to the entrance to the bottom floor where its banging out proper pounding tracks.
    Jacket in & straight into the strobes, lasers, smoke machine & 8 foot speakers at your back, the dove is almost if not fully up now & you do a quick walk around the bottom floor to check the place out, just hitting after 1:00am & the place is fuc.king rocking to some seriously good hard trance.
    Fully up on the dove & loving the tunes sure time to do another one to overlap the first. Man the feeling hitting you as you stand up the front with the tunes pulsating out of the huge speakers, the bassline complimenting every beat & surging the ecstasy up through your very being, Ecstasy, the very meaning of the word is being experienced right now, then a break in the music, you dont know the name of the tune but you find out later in the week its called 'Two full moons & a trout' , the break send a wave of adrenaling rising up in the entire crowd, the lack of motion in your body allows you really feel how the Doves are taking effect, but that break/build up is absolutley unbeleivable!! You feel every octave of the girls voice as it resonates around the Rave producing adrenalin in your body as the build seems to last an eternity.
    All around you the crowd are jumping, hopping, shouting with enthusiasm for the beat & that bassline to tear into the place again, slowly it builds & builds until eventually it is literally unleashed on the place & the whole Rave erupts!!!!!
    This is why it was given the title Rave music, the uncontrollable energy, ecstasy, joy, life created by the combination of it all coming together is profound to say the least, this is something that touches your very being with Joy & elevates you to a place that is not attainable in everyday existence.
    6 hours of this amazing feeling & its hitting 7:00am & the doors to the outside world are open on the second floor, no way you are leaving until the very last tune has stopped as this is the ASYLUM (A safe sanctuary for the insane), far from feeling insane you feel like this is a new discovery that will stay with you forever.
    Eventually long after the music has stopped you do have to leave the place 8:00am or after & out onto sackville place sunday morning, line of Taxi's outside as this is the only place open with about 1000 people in it & back to greenhills to flake with a few spliffs & wait for the offo to open.
    Cant forget that feeling when 'Two full moons & a trout' built up to unleash the Ecstasy on the place a few hours before & now just time to wind down until the coming week of work & nothing but thoughts of the ASYLUM on your mind for the entirety of it.

I truly beleive that experiences such as this have only occured twice in the history of music, the genuine feeling of love & unity at woodstock shaped a generation that had knock on effects for the entire world as in terms of how we have evolved mentally with our perceptions of each other. The experience that was generated in the rave i have described i would argue just eclipsed woodstock & was the most profound influence on how any generation has ever chaged their view of the world & each other for the better. I certainly have become the person i am because of it a feel it was without doubt the most positive influence in my life to make me the person i am.

Peace, Love, Unity, Harmony, Respect to you all.

nice read key :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Rudegar

Guys can anybody find blue pearl Naked in the rain 98 (Untidy Dub) just ordered a cd with 6 mixs on it and the untidy dub is not one of them.I believe its only on the vinyl...

tdv123 wrote: »
    Part 1

1.Tandu - Tranceido
    2.Nostrum - Dating Rob
    3.The Syndicate - Incinerator
    4.Liquid Bass - In Full Effect
    5.The Syndicate - X-Mod
    6.Liquid Bass - Into The Silence
    7.Perplexer - Da Capo
    8.Bass Reaction - Technophobia
    9.Liquid Bass - Spirit Of life
    10.Spacewalker - Tenerife Dream

Part 2
    1.Spacewalker - Tenerife Dream
    2.???
    3????
    4????
    5.Steve Baltes - Together
    9.Baby Doc & the Dentist - Cyanide
    10 ???

thats what i have of it so far mate
    i think track number 9.side 2, is suppose to be hiroshima-cyanide instead.its on the baby doc label,,,great tune..this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

I posted this ages back but heres a collection of tracks i threw together for a buzz....they are not mixed at all just cross faded over each other but its 8 hours of tunes in total in two mixes......

1. Tracks from the OLYMPIC i would play for two & a half hours if the OLYMPIC was open for one night again.....

Tracklist:
    OLYMPIC from 12:00PM to 2:30AM
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=31B1OH67

1. K-Klass- Rhythm is a mystery
    2. Part e – Gimme your love
    3. X pansions – Move your body
    4. Hyper Go Go – Never let go
    5. Liberation – 2
    6. GTO - elevation
    7. Mukka – Neebro
    8. Felix – don’t you want me
    9. Give me love – Original mix
    10. Time frequency – New emotion
    11. Terrorise – Just a feeling
    12. Cappella – you got to know (club mix)
    13. Underworld – Rez
    14. Plastikman – Spastik
    15. Sound crowd – NRG Rush 93
    16. N-Trance – Set you free
    17. THK – France
    18. Sound Crowd – Ringsend
    19. Our tribe – I believe
    20. Guru Josh – Infinity
    21. Sound crowd – Dream Lover
    22. Mix factory – Take me away
    23. Pacific – 808 state
    24. Appolonia
    25. Guru Josh – Holographic dreams
    26. Ultracynic – Nothing lasts forever

2. Tracks from the ASYLUM i would play for 5 hours after the OLYMPIC if the ASYLUM was open for one night again.....

Tracklist:
    ASYLUM from 3:00am to 8:00am
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DWAS5DJ1

1 Desert storm - Desert storm
    2 Energy flash - Beltram
    3 Alchemy – Sonexuno
    4 Taiko – Echo Drop
    5 Fever called love
    6 For what you dream of - Bedrock
    7 Land of creation - Submerge
    8 The Edge – Sleepless
    9 Harikari – Capricorn
    10 Dreams – Quench
    11 Infrequent Oscillation – Burning Phibes
    12 Tin Tin Out
    13 Warp 69
    14 Lemon – U2
    15 Slam – Intencities
    16 Moments of inertia – Circle city
    17 Reincarnation
    18 positive education – slam
    19 Narcotic influence – Empirion
    20 Thin line
    21 Poltergeist – Vicious circle
    22 Delorme – Spanish fly
    23 View finder – I want you all night
    24 As dawn approaches – lionrock
    25 Cosmonautica
    26 Do it – tituta
    27 Back II front – Viewfinder
    28 the hook – house pimps
    29 Magnetic King – Van Basten
    30 Ceasefire – Hardbag
    31 Castle trancelott – the gloom
    32 Mo tune – Infinite Climax
    33 The garden of life – Dee rex
    34 Mrs. Wood – Calamity Jane
    35 LSG – Fragile
    36 LSD – Hallucinogen
    37 Marquessa
    38 The first voyage – Pyrate
    39 Coloured vision – Violet rain
    40 Marmion Shoenberg
    41 Warriors Groove
    42 Marc de claude – Tolouse
    43 Skiddly wah – the unkown
    44 Lush 3-1 – Orbital
    45 Trancespotter
    46 Sabres of Paradise – Smokebelch II
    47 Q-Sound – Good night
    48 Void – Orcana

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

No disrespect to francois but he couldnt even ID the tune off his own mix when i asked originally never mind about the date:D:D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66058744&postcount=8869

(Sorry Francois only buzzing)

Plastic Gourd - Quietman

Back of the net!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

I posted this ages back but heres a collection of tracks i threw together for a buzz....they are not mixed at all just cross faded over each other but its 8 hours of tunes in total in two mixes......

1. Tracks from the OLYMPIC i would play for two & a half hours if the OLYMPIC was open for one night again.....

Tracklist:
    OLYMPIC from 12:00PM to 2:30AM
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=31B1OH67

2. Part e – Gimme your love
    3. X pansions – Move your body
    4. Hyper Go Go – Never let go
    5. Liberation – 2
    6. GTO - elevation
    7. Mukka – Neebro
    8. Felix – don’t you want me
    9. Give me love – Original mix
    10. Time frequency – New emotion
    11. Terrorise – Just a feeling
    12. Cappella – you got to know (club mix)
    13. Underworld – Rez
    14. Plastikman – Spastik
    15. Sound crowd – NRG Rush 93
    16. N-Trance – Set you free
    17. THK – France
    18. Sound Crowd – Ringsend
    19. Our tribe – I believe
    20. Guru Josh – Infinity
    21. Sound crowd – Dream Lover
    22. Mix factory – Take me away
    23. Pacific – 808 state
    24. Appolonia
    25. Guru Josh – Holographic dreams
    26. Ultracynic – Nothing lasts forever

2. Tracks from the ASYLUM i would play for 5 hours after the OLYMPIC if the ASYLUM was open for one night again.....

Tracklist:
    ASYLUM from 3:00am to 8:00am
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DWAS5DJ1

1 Desert storm - Desert storm
    2 Energy flash - Beltram
    3 Alchemy – Sonexuno
    4 Taiko – Echo Drop
    5 Fever called love
    6 For what you dream of - Bedrock
    7 Land of creation - Submerge
    8 The Edge – Sleepless
    9 Harikari – Capricorn
    10 Dreams – Quench
    11 Infrequent Oscillation – Burning Phibes
    12 Tin Tin Out
    13 Warp 69
    14 Lemon – U2
    15 Slam – Intencities
    16 Moments of inertia – Circle city
    17 Reincarnation
    18 positive education – slam
    19 Narcotic influence – Empirion
    20 Thin line
    21 Poltergeist – Vicious circle
    22 Delorme – Spanish fly
    23 View finder – I want you all night
    24 As dawn approaches – lionrock
    25 Cosmonautica
    26 Do it – tituta
    27 Back II front – Viewfinder
    28 the hook – house pimps
    29 Magnetic King – Van Basten
    30 Ceasefire – Hardbag
    31 Castle trancelott – the gloom
    32 Mo tune – Infinite Climax
    33 The garden of life – Dee rex
    34 Mrs. Wood – Calamity Jane
    35 LSG – Fragile
    36 LSD – Hallucinogen
    37 Marquessa
    38 The first voyage – Pyrate
    39 Coloured vision – Violet rain
    40 Marmion Shoenberg
    41 Warriors Groove
    42 Marc de claude – Tolouse
    43 Skiddly wah – the unkown
    44 Lush 3-1 – Orbital
    45 Trancespotter
    46 Sabres of Paradise – Smokebelch II
    47 Q-Sound – Good night
    48 Void – Orcana

If you wud like Mr.Mise,this week or next i wouldn't mind challenging myself,when i got sum spare time,to do two hour and half mixes of these tunes!! What you think??

Obv i'll be leaving lot tunes out,but can fiddle aboat and see if i can do something half decent,as there are some decent tunes listed there mate??

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    If you wud like Mr.Mise,this week or next i wouldn't mind challenging myself,when i got sum spare time,to do two hour and half mixes of these tunes!! What you think??

Obv i'll be leaving lot tunes out,but can fiddle aboat and see if i can do something half decent,as there are some decent tunes listed there mate??

Please do so......have been enjoying your mixes in the car on the way to work recently & would like a fresh one alright.

Please do so......have been enjoying your mixes in the car on the way to work recently & would like a fresh one alright.

No guarentees on when or what i'll put in,but i'll do my best...

No guarentees on when or what i'll put in,but i'll do my best...

If you have them would you throw into the mix,

Trancesetters - The secrets of meditation (shi take club mix)

Art of trance - Octopus

If you have them would you throw into the mix,

Trancesetters - The secrets of meditation (shi take club mix)

Art of trance - Octopus

What we'll do is..You pick six tunes you want out of each of the two lists,and i'll add in the other tunes and mess bout with them till iv'e got two 1 1/2 hour mixs sorted...

What we'll do is..You pick six tunes you want out of each of the two lists,and i'll add in the other tunes and mess bout with them till iv'e got two 1 1/2 hour mixs sorted...

OLYMPIC

2. Mukka – Neebro
    3. THK – France
    4. Our tribe – I believe
    5. Sound crowd – Dream Lover
    6. Ultracynic – Nothing lasts forever

ASYLUM

1. The Razors Edge – Sleepless (barrel beat mix)
    2. Moments of inertia – Circle city
    3. the hook – house pimps
    4. Coloured vision – Violet rain
    5. Lush 3-1 – Orbital
    6. Skiddly wah – the unkown

any1 got an nrgex tape with funky dorey goodtimes on it? which 1 was it if any1 knows ?

OLYMPIC

2. Mukka – Neebro
    3. THK – France
    4. Our tribe – I believe
    5. Sound crowd – Dream Lover
    6. Ultracynic – Nothing lasts forever

ASYLUM

1. The Razors Edge – Sleepless (barrel beat mix)
    2. Moments of inertia – Circle city
    3. the hook – house pimps
    4. Coloured vision – Violet rain
    5. Lush 3-1 – Orbital
    6. Skiddly wah – the unkown

Ye thats sound...The mp3's i have are of differing qualitys..But should be ok

Watch this space.......

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

very detailed description that for just 1 night at the asylum on drugs ha,it was a drty kip with some of the madest fukers in dublin,one in particular as i passed by him on the 1st floor not far from the staircase,shouldered me hard,i turned to see him take from his jacket a big fukoff machete with a nasty look on his face,i was stone sober, so i wasnt seeing things,i ran 2 the 2nd floor and told a mate, to my surprise he believed me,and he described what he was wearing, a grey bomber jacket,coz he did same to him as he passed by,i seen oul ones with their kids in buggies,approached by prostitutes,a mate of mine said he seen a girl being raped,and i seen the nut running down the stairs with a gun screaming"get the fuk out of the way"on the last nite of the asylum.the night that guy was shot,im 35 now,asylum was great when i was a teen, but i wudnt dream of goin bk 2 that if it was to reopen.wud u?

:eek:No way, check this out!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65891490&postcount=174

10 OUTTA 10, LUV this tune. Have it in a mix somewhere, cant think exactly which one??

Great story KEY, stories need to be put up here just like the music;)

• Advertisement

wow.maybe that was it, unless there was more than 1 girl that got raped there, ,lol fukin hell, rape and nightclub shudnt be in same sentence lol,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Two stories come to mind about bouncers.
    I was in the Ormond one night for 4th Dimension. Only in the place 10 minutes and I went to the toilet when a load of bouncers kicked in the toilet door of a cubicle and some poor bloke was rolling a j sitting down on the jacks (lid was closed). He was dragged out like an animal. With that he dropped hash on the ground outside the toilet as he was being pulled out. Naturally I said mmmmmmmm to myself. I picked up enough for two joints and asked two people for skins to wrap the stuff in and with that four bouncers took me outside, they must have thought I was dealing or something. One on each arm and one on each leg. Well they threw me up into the air and I landed on my back on the kirb right outside the front door, where it was wet and manky dirty and I was mad out of it and my mates were inside. I thought at first they done real damage to me. This was in front of about 50 people. The b@stards, they were actually bragging about the ammount of people they threw out that night. When I went back for my jacket later at closing time I was ran from the place and threatened by them. Never got the jacket either.

Another one was when I was in the Q for the Temple Theatre when it was only open a wet day and the bouncers were having a bit of banter with people in the Q. They asked who used to go to the Asylum and to put your hand up .
    There was about 30/40 people in the Q and about half of these and I naively put our hands up. "Right, you'se are'nt gettin in here", was the response from the bouncers. Thats a fact. And half the Q trickled away straight into a Garda search in front of the Temple. That was enough to turn me off that place. I would never class the Temple as one of Dublins original Dance Clubs.
    I cannot remember for sure maybe someone who reads this can confirm but I think one of the bouncers was the small baldy git with the pony tail that was on the door of the Olympic, he was a smart arse.
    I am sure these stories are mild compared to others but just thought I'd throw a couple out.

3 nights come to mind. 1 night I went into the jacks in the Ormonde to remove my pills from my socks and bomb one. As I was leaving, I stopped to tie my laces and a bouncer walked in and grabbed a hold of me. He was dragging me out for a search and I managed to get my last pill out of my pocket and drop it. This was on the steep slope down to the jacks. Brought somewhere, searched found nothing so let back in to get on with my night. Straight away ran to where I dropped my dove. Lo and behold there she was. you could almost hear the religious tune "hallelujah" playing in the background., Picked her up, stuck her back in the pocket. Dropped it an hour later and had a grand oul night :D

Another night, NYE in fact, the baldy tosser of a bar manager caught me with pills and marched me up the steps. Brought me over to Brian who would've been the head bouncer and who I get on with great. The bar manager left us, Brian stood there pills in hand. Looked at me, called me a f'n eejit and slapped me hand. I opened up me hand and there were me 2 pills. Go back down but keep out of my way for the rest of the night he said :D

Another night I was caught with enough for a spliff and f'ked out, no questions asked. Just turfed out the door.:mad:

Just in case anyone missed this one posted ages back by Seany, its a fuc.kin legend of a track i never get tired of listening to.......will be played full whack in the car on the way home today, coupled with the sun its gonna set the weekend off great:D:D:D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65437109&postcount=8667

Love it.

Just in case anyone missed this one posted ages back by Seany, its a fuc.kin legend of a track i never get tired of listening to.......will be played full whack in the car on the way home today, coupled with the sun its gonna set the weekend off great:D:D:D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65437109&postcount=8667

Love it.

Youtube video removed, not sure about the mediafire as blocked here.

i just downloaded it there from that link, its ok track, bit hand bagy tho lol

SteoL wrote: »
    Youtube video removed, not sure about the mediafire as blocked here.

Get yerself to a PC over the weekend & grab it......you defo wont be dissapointed.:D

i just downloaded it there from that link, its ok track, bit hand bagy tho lol

Sorry no way cant allow that.......its the OLYMPIC through & through!!!

i missed the olympic, was too young, but asylum n sides all the way tho,:), from wat i know of the olympic, there was alot of that kind of music,dance/vocal,, i think asylum/sides played more tech/house. progressive house etc,or maybe im wrong, or maybe them hard tracks just wernt out when olympic was kickin,

Get yerself to a PC over the weekend & grab it......you defo wont be dissapointed.:D

Cool, will def power up the laptop over the weekend. Been a bit strung out on all the f*n mixes since discovering this thread. Not that I'm complaining :D

• Advertisement

i missed the olympic, was too young, but asylum n sides all the way tho,:), from wat i know of the olympic, there was alot of that kind of music,dance/vocal,, i think asylum/sides played more tech/house. progressive house etc,or maybe im wrong, or maybe them hard tracks just wernt out when olympic was kickin,

No it was just a totally different Vibe in the OLYMPIC, we used to go to the OLYMPIC & then head into the ASYLUM after it for a month or three & the contrast in tunes was very different, same for SIDES all quite a distint sound in each Rave........anyway Parradice is a fuc.kin cracker i think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement