Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

i was told about this site and thread in 2005 but never joined it, its a great thread, where else wud u find all these tracks from bk then, the tunes u know 2 hear but dont know the name etc,ive found alot of track through posts on this,and ofcourse vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

any1 got an nrgex tape with funky dorey goodtimes on it? which 1 was it if any1 knows ?

ye its a live tape ask 1 of the lads i cant find my tape

do u know the name of it? ask who?

do u know the name of it? ask who?

mise le key

thanks, i been lookin for that 1 for ages, i dont think its been uploaded yet

• Advertisement

tdv123 wrote: »
    Part 1

1.Tandu - Tranceido
    2.Nostrum - Dating Rob
    3.The Syndicate - Incinerator
    4.Liquid Bass - In Full Effect
    5.The Syndicate - X-Mod
    6.Liquid Bass - Into The Silence
    7.Perplexer - Da Capo
    8.Bass Reaction - Technophobia
    9.Liquid Bass - Spirit Of life
    10.Spacewalker - Tenerife Dream

Part 2
    1.Spacewalker - Tenerife Dream
    2.???
    3????
    4????
    5.Steve Baltes - Together
    9.Baby Doc & the Dentist - Cyanide
    10 ???

thats what i have of it so far mate

nice 1 TDV cheers lookin 4 tracky off gravity 17 if u have 1

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

i missed the olympic, was too young, but asylum n sides all the way tho,:), from wat i know of the olympic, there was alot of that kind of music,dance/vocal,, i think asylum/sides played more tech/house. progressive house etc,or maybe im wrong, or maybe them hard tracks just wernt out when olympic was kickin,

The Olympic tracks had a real uplifting feel good factor to them, lots of piano tracks and anthems aplenty. Would set you up for Sackville Place nicely.
    It wouldn't be unusual to hear the same tracks in both clubs such as Vicious Circles or different versions of the same track but Asylum was deffo more Trancy and heavier in general, best of both worlds, in the same night;)

Oh Yeah, Its the weather for Parra Dice KEY:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

locked 1 wrote: »
    nice 1 TDV cheers lookin 4 tracky off gravity 17 if u have 1

Mark i'll try have a stab at this later for ya.I gave it a quick once over ther during the week.Most of the tracks sound familiar.TBH i thought we put together a tracklist for this 1 before.the only one we were waiting on was the one with the vocals ''we are responsible''.I can't find the tracklist tho.So i'll give it a stab later.See if i can do 9 aswell.:D

aceberg wrote: »
    Mark i'll try have a stab at this later for ya.I gave it a quick once over ther during the week.Most of the tracks sound familiar.TBH i thought we put together a tracklist for this 1 before.the only one we were waiting on was the one with the vocals ''we are responsible''.I can't find the tracklist tho.So i'll give it a stab later.See if i can do 9 aswell.:D

nice 1 Asa mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Sorry no way cant allow that.......its the OLYMPIC through & through!!!

That Track is an Olympic classic alright! the sound in the olympic was a lot different to any of the other clubs.

Theses are the type of tunes i remember very clear from the Olympic:D

True Olympic classic this, it makes me want to go back and do it all again;):D;):D

Still sends shivers down my spine:D

I could go on all day but need to get back to painting the little ones bedroom :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

"can You hear me" is old skool house @ its best i still love it & it forst came out around 91 ish so i dont regard it as handbagish just uplifting :D

aceberg wrote: »

This track apitimises The Asylum for me and the track that follows it on that tape, Pressures' track list was superb.
    On another note I once had that Live tape from the Asylum the one with
    DJ Pressure is bouncing. Mr Spring digitally remastered it but never done the whole tape, does anyone have a decent copy of it please as mine gas gone AWOL

i just downloaded it there from that link, its ok track, bit hand bagy tho lol

:eek::eek::eek::D;)

That Track is an Olympic classic alright! the sound in the olympic was a lot different to any of the other clubs.

Theses are the type of tunes i remember very clear from the Olympic:D

True Olympic classic this, it makes me want to go back and do it all again;):D;):D

Still sends shivers down my spine:D

I could go on all day but need to get back to painting the little ones bedroom :)

You have the identical taste for the Olympic tracks as I do, sure who ever was there would probably have the same choice too, the ones that got the place 'Moving' I nearly forgot about Urban Feeling The Feeling, mant thanks, I have to get me an mp3 of it rapidly.
    Cant describe how much I luv this tune, I can still remember that Terrorize track from my first night in the Olympic,
    here is the B side to it

More Terrorize

Another one from the 1st night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭theoldalfer

someone looking for tracklist for gravity 17?
    here's what i can remember
    1 yum yum -3 minute warning
    2baby doc & the dentist -infanta ci
    3baby doc & the dentist -catalan dawn
    4virtualmismo -cosmonatica
    5elavator -for your love
    6 ????????
    7 epic driver- the blob
    8 can't remember???????
    9mandala- the acid of house
    sideb
    1technohead the passion
    2 can't remember???????
    3sushi -the house of hong
    4dj hooligan- the mistic culture
    5????????????
    6??????????????
    7pyrate bycance
    8 jones and stephenson -the first rebirth
    9 not enough on the tape to tell

im lookin for the gravity tape that has funky dorey goodtimes on it, not for that track, theres afew others which i dont know the name of on it, and gravity 9, man..how many gravity tapes was there made, musta been 100s

5elavator -for your love
    6 ????????
    7 epic driver- the blob
    8 can't remember???????
    sideb
    1technohead the passion
    2 can't remember???????
    5????????????
    6??????????????
    7pyrate bycance

This is what i have:Sure i know 6 on side A just can't remember at the minuate.Anybody else fill in the blanks :D

Gravity 17

Side A:

Technohead – The Passion
    Baby Doc & The Dentist – Exigent
    Sushi -The House of Hong
    DJ Hooligan - The Mystic Culture
    The Syndicate - Incinerator
    ????????
    Pyrate – Bycance
    Jones and Stephenson – The first rebirth
    Sounds like (Baby Doc & The Dentist – Exigent)

Side B:

Yum Yum - Minuate Warning
    Baby Doc & The Dentist – INFANTA
    Baby Doc & The Dentist - Catalan Dawn Pt.1
    Virtualmismo - Cosmonautica
    Elevetor – For your love
    ??????? Unknown – (we are responsible)
    Epik – DRIVER (2 HIGH vs DRIVER)
    Bluepeter – flagship

im lookin for the gravity tape that has funky dorey goodtimes on it, not for that track, theres afew others which i dont know the name of on it, and gravity 9, man..how many gravity tapes was there made, musta been 100s

Have'nt a clue how many.17 is the highest i've ever come accross.Not sure which gravity goodtimes is on.I think your right in saying it's on one of them tho.I'll try Gravity 9 during the week.Busy tomorrow.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

brilliant track, at 5mins, any1 know it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

brilliant track, at 5mins, any1 know it?

Thats "Goahead - Freebeach" on Eye records

• Advertisement

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    You have the identical taste for the Olympic tracks as I do, sure who ever was there would probably have the same choice too, the ones that got the place 'Moving' I nearly forgot about Urban Feeling The Feeling, mant thanks, I have to get me an mp3 of it rapidly.
    Cant describe how much I luv this tune, I can still remember that Terrorize track from my first night in the Olympic,
    here is the B side to it

More Terrorize

Another one from the 1st night

Love that B side Seany!

Some more Olympic Classics

This just lift the roof of the Olympic and is one of my all time Favs.
    1992 - Nightwriters Let The Music Use You (92 Hardcore Mix)

i never went to the olympic,the majority of olympic tracks ive heard i dont like, olympic wudnt of been my cuppa tea at all,just not that into big vocal tracks with lots of piano

Love that B side Seany!

Some more Olympic Classics

This just lift the roof of the Olympic and is one of my all time Favs.
    1992 - Nightwriters Let The Music Use You (92 Hardcore Mix)

Jaysus, do you remember the girl who used to sing that bit from do you wanna party, Let me take you up to the highest, let me take you up to the top from the balcony at the end of the night when everyone was leaving. Never heard that 2nd one, 3rd one is in my top 5 from the Olympic and the last one is pure gold. Aceberg was on looking for it a while ago, I think.
    Funny cause it reminds me of a tape I had from Sunset and I can always remember the next track after that Nightwriters track, it was Weather Experience 2 great tracks to mix with;)

i never went to the olympic,the majority of olympic tracks ive heard i dont like, olympic wudnt of been my cuppa tea at all,just not that into big vocal tracks with lots of piano

Can't really explan the way the Olympic was. I know the music might sound a bit cheesy now but back then in 90/91/92 it was so different and new.
    I remember chating to Mr Spring and he was saying they where afraid to play the likes of bizarre inc playing with knives etc.. for some reason.

I suppose every bodys first few years will special and different when introduced to rave culture.The Olympic and the Mansion house where my two special clubs,
    ok the Mansion house was not a club but ran for a good while with some Great acts and superb nights.For others it would be Sides or The Asylum,
    Ormond or the temple etc...
    I only ever went to the Ormond twice i think? Almost got thrown out with a few mate of mine for rolling a spliff.I think the the Scean changed from then on.

5elavator -for your love
    6 ????????
    7 epic driver- the blob
    8 can't remember???????
    sideb
    1technohead the passion
    2 can't remember???????
    5????????????
    6??????????????
    7pyrate bycance

good man cheers but its the 1 that need id that i want have all the rset on vinyl cheers all the same

thats probably why,was too young 90 91 92,i liked bizzare inc and all that in 91 etc,was in ormond once and got kicked out,coz they suspected i was dealin, i never dealed drugs,those doormen were a bunch of ****, never went bk, i didnt really like the place anyway,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

thats probably why,was too young 90 91 92,i liked bizzare inc and all that in 91 etc,was in ormond once and got kicked out,coz they suspected i was dealin, i never dealed drugs,those doormen were a bunch of ****, never went bk, i didnt really like the place anyway,

Your user name springs to mind after reading the above posts of yours.

Didnt like the ORMOND & you dont like the original OLYMPIC sound :eek: Holy macaroni!!!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    It wouldn't be unusual to hear the same tracks in both clubs such as Vicious Circles or different versions of the same track but Asylum was deffo more Trancy and heavier in general, best of both worlds, in the same night;)

And the ASYLUM certainly was a world apart from any other place that ever opened its doors, more than a Rave, a club, a venue......it truly was a sanctuary:cool:

I just noticed this thread is just 37 posts away from 10,000:eek:

Not bad going for a thread about a Knackers hole of a kip full of mad ourrivit junkies skanger bastards:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 hamchops

mick walsh stil plays around dub every now and again,, dont know why he isnt playing venues more often? the man is a legend,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement