Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Your user name springs to mind after reading the above posts of yours.

Didnt like the ORMOND & you dont like the original OLYMPIC sound :eek: Holy macaroni!!!!!!!!:D

Its open season:D
    And the ASYLUM certainly was a world apart from any other place that ever opened its doors, more than a Rave, a club, a venue......it truly was a sanctuary:cool:

I just noticed this thread is just 37 posts away from 10,000:eek:

Not bad going for a thread about a Knackers hole of a kip full of mad ourrivit junkies skanger bastards:D:D:D

It a race to see who gets to that 10,000:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

hamchops wrote: »
    mick walsh stil plays around dub every now and again,, dont know why he isnt playing venues more often? the man is a legend,

You will catch MW Playing every weekend in Kinetic DC Dundalk with lots of special guests. I believe the place does me rocking:D;):)
    Warren K and Pat Hyland also play there are odd time. if your on Facebook do a search for Kinetic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

i never went to the olympic,the majority of olympic tracks ive heard i dont like, olympic wudnt of been my cuppa tea at all,just not that into big vocal tracks with lots of piano

Thats fair enough man.It's like Stomp says the music may seem cheesey,but back then it was new and fresh.As i've mentioned before i was only in the Olympic once for 1 hour and thats 1 regret i have that i did'nt get to experience it more.Just the way things worked out for me.But as i'm sitting here listening to that tri - core track i can just imagine that being played in the olympic.Man just listen to the start of that track.It's like you can feel the rush commencing in the tip of your big toes as the track starts.It works it's way up tru your veins from toe to head (i'd prefer to say head to toe it sounds better :D) until an amazing rush of adrenaline is released,then the piano kicks in and it's like a surge and your body is just lifted from it's feet and into the air and you fly.See this type of music is very uplifting and thats the type of stuff that was played in the olympic.More of a rave type feeling i would say.Were as the music in the Asylum was much darker more sinister much more intense.Very trancey but uplifting at the same time in a different way (thats the way it was for me in anyways)I used to find in the Asylum you would close your eyes and fall into trance and at some stage during the track,say maybe after the first break when the beat kicks back in hard you would then open your eyes and think were the **** am i.Then you would get your head back together as they would say and relise were you are and this was like snapping you out of the trance if you like.Until the next track and the the next break if ya get what i mean.:D.Much more of an underground feel to it.Personally that waas the type of music need for the Asylum as it was small and dark.Don't think you would get away with playing the olympic type music in the Asylum (all tho some of it did gat played)I just feel the music that was played in each venue suited each venue and thats why they worked.

So you had the best of both worlds as I think Seanboy mentioned earlier.And the good thing was you could experience them both in the same nite.i know some of the lads here would start of in the olymplc and then head to the Asylum after as it was open till 7/8 for a period.And some lads even hit sides after the olympic and then onto the Asylum.Sides had it's own kinnda style aswell.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Aceberg linked this track a few pages ago - just wanted to say thanks, I haven't heard this one in a long, long time and it's unreal. There are a few tracks from back then that I think would easily fit into a lot of modern mixes, and I have no doubt that this would.

Like Seanyboy I'd love to get my hands on a decent mp3 of it though

I just noticed this thread is just 37 posts away from 10,000:eek:

Not bad going for a thread about a Knackers hole of a kip full of mad ourrivit junkies skanger bastards:D:D:D

lol, lets get there before 12 :) that's if where not to busy in work :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

you dont like the original OLYMPIC sound

wouldn't be a fan of olympic stuff meself key, bit hand baggy. the odd track is good but not my cuppa for the most part. just my opinion of course, each to there own and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dirt bird

I think the styles of music from the olympic to the asylum to sides is what made each club special for different reasons.The olympics music was uplifting rave just like the atmosphere in the place,the asylum like ace said was different completly more dark,intense,sinister like the vibe in the place,it suited perfectly thats what made the place unique,that anything goes vibe,some nights in there i felt the atmosphere was on a knife edge.And then there was sides which to me in the earlyish days was more of house club getting more progressive over the years.Depending on what buzz you were on you pick a club to suit that.When i wanted a night out with the lads it was asylum all the way,i never brought the bird there,i saw girls gettin loads of hassle there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

F*rs are after banning boards.ie work :mad:

I seem to have found a way around it though.:p Wonder how long before they cop on.

to keep On Topic. The Ormonde had a deadly atmosphere and was very very heavy. Hard trance and techno all the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

SuprSi wrote: »
    Aceberg linked this track a few pages ago - just wanted to say thanks, I haven't heard this one in a long, long time and it's unreal. There are a few tracks from back then that I think would easily fit into a lot of modern mixes, and I have no doubt that this would.

I have it on 12" somewhere in my pile. Great tune

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

any1 got that live sides/gravity tape, or a playlist for it? its the 1 with funky dorey goodtimes on it

• Advertisement

oh and any1 know wat track is playing at 1:20 on pressure wanted? havent heard that track anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Fitze

Men,

For anyone still indulging in persians, got me hands on these green stars over the weekend, havent done the likes since the early nineties, I kid you not..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Fitze wrote: »
    Men,

For anyone still indulging in persians, got me hands on these green stars over the weekend, havent done the likes since the early nineties, I kid you not..

Heard of them just this weekend. Any old skool nights coming up? Preferably with Warren and/or Francois in the line up:D I might just have to indulge

I'm impressed that there's more good stuff out there as I thought the Orange Sonic's might have been a one-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

Just listenin' to this mix again http://www.mediafire.com/file/zmmd1mxnegn/01%20T%27THE%20CLIMAX%27.wma (Keith Behan) while makin the dinner.Hardtrance kicks the SH1T out of todays garbage....

Anyone know the tune @45.55 in?

tryin 2 sownload 2 hear the track but error keeps popin up

tryin 2 sownload 2 hear the track but error keeps popin up

try this...http://www.mediafire.com/?zmmd1mxnegn

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

SteoL wrote: »
    Heard of them just this weekend. Any old skool nights coming up? Preferably with Warren and/or Francois in the line up:D I might just have to indulge

dance 2 trance, old skool trance night 25 sept the cavern radio city, dj,s on the night. eric keogh.joe mangan.ken brady.mark daly.dj pressure. doors 10 till 3 over 18,s id required NEAT DRESS ESSENTIAL,a night definitly not to be missed. its all about the music...

this will be a great nite Steo im playin meself its s hard trance nite not to be missed

This is good set too from Ken Brady..

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8920179

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

oh and any1 know wat track is playing at 1:20 on pressure wanted? havent heard that track anywhere else

the first tune on wanted nobody knows id love to get the name meself

• Advertisement

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    This is good set too from Ken Brady..

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8920179

Id's if anyone knows...

1)first tune

2)15.30

3)21.20

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

heres a tracklist for wanted.

Pt 1
    1)????
    2)Bedrock - For What You Dream Of - Stress
    3)Vitualmismo - Cosmonautica - Expanded
    4)Chapter 9 - Feel Free - Ouch!
    5)Delorme - Spanish Fly EP - Zoom
    6)Illusive - Take Me Higher - Rumor Records
    7)Cyb - Now! - Umm
    8)Lionrock - Are You Wiling to Testify - Deconstruction
    9)Sublime - TGV - Limbo
    10)Decktition - The Rise EP - Trade
    11)The 3rd Alternative - No Apologies - Skunk

Pt 2
    1)The 3rd Alternative - No Apologies - Skunk
    2)Nikolai - Ready to Flow - Le Petit Prince
    3)Capricorn - Harakiri - Global Cuts
    4)Leroy - First Flight - Brainiak
    5)Luxor - The Big Bang Dlux
    6)Mister B - Fascinated - Brainstorm
    7)Arppegiators - The Force of Unity - Harthouse
    8)John Sferos - Trance Form - Frankfurt Beat
    9)Gary D & Martink - Into Your Mind Rmx - Container
    10)Bionic Boom - The Ride! - Lunatec

liked locked 1 said nobody has a clue what the first tune on it is.

strange..Gary D & Martink - Into Your Mind not on youtube even,

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

SuprSi wrote: »

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?38nnk6i71na127u

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

9 more post after this & the 10,000 th post wins 5 white doves, 3 microdots, two grams of pink champagne, £100 for the early house & a flux capacitor:D

flux-capacitor.jpg

9 more post after this & the 10,000 th post wins 5 white doves, 3 microdots, two grams of pink champagne, £100 for the early house & a flux capacitor:D

flux-capacitor.jpg

You forgot to mention the mad Bastards:D

You forgot to mention the mad Bastards:D

No paddy, thats for 20,000 posts your only getting Doves for 10,000
    xtc110.jpgxtc110.jpgxtc110.jpgxtc110.jpgxtc110.jpg

• Advertisement

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    On another note I once had that Live tape from the Asylum the one with
    DJ Pressure is bouncing. Mr Spring digitally remastered it but never done the whole tape, does anyone have a decent copy of it please as mine gas gone AWOL
    :eek::eek::eek::D;)

Ive still got my copy of it, the one i have begins with an MC with no music playing saying,

"Yooo, respect in the place for DJ Dilly, Yeeah......now taking you through to the end of the night a DJ by the name of D.J. Presssure"

Then it begins with Beautiful morning which is not on the one off Mr. Springs site......if this is what your after Seany i can cobble together the missing part i have to the really good quality remastered one by Mr. Spring & give it ya???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement