Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

pressure 4, at 46mins theres a track with a vocal saying..let the mu sic just take con trol,any1 know it?

strange..Gary D & Martink - Into Your Mind not on youtube even, any1 got a copy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

pressure 4, at 46mins theres a track with a vocal saying..let the mu sic just take con trol,any1 know it?

46mins into a 45min a SIDE tape???

Oh sorry im just still using my original cassette which would make it the first minute on one of the sides.

I'll bang it on now & see if i know it.

nice 1, its the track after chapter9,love fever

• Advertisement

nice 1, its the track after chapter9,love fever

Not great at track ID's........aceberg or TDV are usually on the money.

dam i know it,i have it on mp3, doh, sorry

its this, just didnt recognize it in the mix

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

lads any of ye's know the name of the tune in the vid? of house pressure 8.

been trying to id it for a few years now without any luck.

es-cee wrote: »
    wouldn't be a fan of olympic stuff meself key, bit hand baggy. the odd track is good but not my cuppa for the most part. just my opinion of course, each to there own and all that.

Ahh now would you stop with your trolling crap Sean........i know you love this sound really:D,

A_defining_OLYMPIC__moment.avi

• Advertisement

tdv123 wrote: »
    lads any of ye's know the name of the tune in the vid? of house pressure 8.

been trying to id it for a few years now without any luck.

Dont know for sure but i do recognise the lyrics, its sampled from another tune i do know but just cant place, think i might have the original......the lyrics are,

"Never been loved like this before"

Might give ya something to look for cause it might be a remix of the Original.....i'll have a browse through some tracks.

Loving this right now:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Here's a link to the Pressure tracklists we've put together so far.May save ya a bit of time.You might have to register if not already :D

http://www.nioldskool.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=71874

And here's a list of Pressure mixes somebody threw up before.Looking for the ones hightlighed in RED if anybody has any:

 House Pressure 1 – 10

 Live at the Asylum: Yellow (60-minute mix)
     Live at the Asylum: Green (60-minute mix)
     Live at the Asylum: Nuclear Grey
     Live at the Asylum: Red 21/05/94

 Psychlone Zone live at the Ormond Multimedia Centre 15/07/94 featuring JX and N-Trance
     Psychlone Zone live at Metroland Waterford 16/09/94

 Wanted
     Journeys in Dance
     Airborn
     Technobod Vol. 1
     Technobod Vol. 2
     Technobod Vol. 3
     Wonderland
     Deeper
     Take Control
     Rapture
     Still Life
     Open Your Mind
     Good Vibrations
     Nostrum for the Masses Part 1
     Nostrum for the Masses Part 2
     Nostrum for the Masses Part 3
     Attack
     Reformation
     Industrial Standard
     Icon
     Contact
     Directional Force
     Reload
     Weekender
     Vega
     Rollin Heights
     Inta Warriors
     Dub Mix
     Spirits from an Urban Jungle
     Dreams
     Parameters
     Floor Control
     Rip It Up
     Variable Frequency Controller
     Firewalker
     Presence
     Showdown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dirt bird

While on the subject,whats your favourite pressure mix and why?Mine is house pressure 2,because of tune selection and it has the most asylum feel to it.Also the dj rob mixes are excellent also.As pressure went on the mixes became more cheesey his tune selection went **** imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Probably HP6, Wanted or the Asylum Special - all have special memories, but HP6 has this tune, which is probably my favourite tune from back then;

I've been searching for another one for years that has that 'It's not over' tune last, but can't remember what it was called - that would be up there too, even though I can really only remember two tracks on it! I just know it was really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Steo32

That Track is an Olympic classic alright! the sound in the olympic was a lot different to any of the other clubs.

Theses are the type of tunes i remember very clear from the Olympic:D

True Olympic classic this, it makes me want to go back and do it all again;):D;):D

Still sends shivers down my spine:D

I could go on all day but need to get back to painting the little ones bedroom :)
    Allright Lads,

I havent been on heer in a while but there seems to be a lot of talk
    about the olympic lately, I read someone say the music was to cheesey.
    Fair enough I do remember so tracks that were played in there were but a lot were great. some of my favourites were.

Back to front - viewfinder Instrumental

The Sound Crowd - Dreamlover
    Ringsend
    Ballybrack

THK - France

Mad Sound Disease - Moonboom

Sreen II - Hey Mr DJ

The Sabres Of Paradse - Smoke Belch II

Ubiquity - Bolivian Angel

The OT Quartet - Hold That Sucker Down.

Not sure how they would go down today but at the time at 15 years of age they went down a treat in the Olympic. Also I thick because the place was so big and they way they set the speakers up the place had its own unique sound. Just thought id through that out there :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

SuprSi wrote: »
    Probably HP6, Wanted or the Asylum Special - all have special memories, but HP6 has this tune, which is probably my favourite tune from back then;

I've been searching for another one for years that has that 'It's not over' tune last, but can't remember what it was called - that would be up there too, even though I can really only remember two tracks on it! I just know it was really good.

love this one meself mate, needs to be pitched up just a tad tho;)

Steo32 wrote: »
    Allright Lads,

I havent been on heer in a while but there seems to be a lot of talk
    about the olympic lately, I read someone say the music was to cheesey.
    Fair enough I do remember so tracks that were played in there were but a lot were great. some of my favourites were.

Back to front - viewfinder Instrumental

The Sound Crowd - Dreamlover
    Ringsend
    Ballybrack

THK - France

Mad Sound Disease - Moonboom

Sreen II - Hey Mr DJ

The Sabres Of Paradse - Smoke Belch II

Ubiquity - Bolivian Angel

The OT Quartet - Hold That Sucker Down.

Not sure how they would go down today but at the time at 15 years of age they went down a treat in the Olympic. Also I thick because the place was so big and they way they set the speakers up the place had its own unique sound. Just thought id through that out there :D:D:D

thery're all good tunes ya mentioned there, i like em meself. but there were some really cheesey ass tunes played there. example, my cousin was a devout olympic head, she has hundreds of tapes cds etc from around that time with olympic stuff om em and the majority are pretty awefull to say the least. stuff you'd expect to hear in disco bars not a rave.

as i said each to their own and all but it (the olympic) wouldn't have been top of my list of things to do bitd, just my opinion no disrespect intended to olympic heads on this thread as thats were your fond memories are and thats great.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

9 more post after this & the 10,000 th post wins 5 white doves, 3 microdots, two grams of pink champagne, £100 for the early house & a flux capacitor:D

flux-capacitor.jpg

Hey I need that flux capacitor. £100 should get me 4 Disco Biscuits:D

Ive still got my copy of it, the one i have begins with an MC with no music playing saying,

"Yooo, respect in the place for DJ Dilly, Yeeah......now taking you through to the end of the night a DJ by the name of D.J. Presssure"

Then it begins with Beautiful morning which is not on the one off Mr. Springs site......if this is what your after Seany i can cobble together the missing part i have to the really good quality remastered one by Mr. Spring & give it ya???

Thats the one, thanks would appreciate it, my tape got wrecked;)
    "Never been loved like this before"

Ah an absolute Olympic classic, I will have a look in the hard drive 2 night for that one;)
    I just listened to that youtube video, its versions like that that give the original one a bad name, its sh1te!

Dirt bird wrote: »
    While on the subject,whats your favourite pressure mix and why?Mine is house pressure 2,because of tune selection and it has the most asylum feel to it.Also the dj rob mixes are excellent also.As pressure went on the mixes became more cheesey his tune selection went **** imo.

Me too, I had a mate who has since died and he bought it one night in the Asylum, it was our aural bible for many a year.

thery're all good tunes ya mentioned there, i like em meself. but there were some really cheesey ass tunes played there. example, my cousin was a devout olympic head, she has hundreds of tapes cds etc from around that time with olympic stuff om em and the majority are pretty awefull to say the least. stuff you'd expect to hear in disco bars not a rave.

Just to put things into perspective the music played in the Olympic would only have ever been heard in there circa 92, 93. The scollop you would hear on the radio onwards was not to be confused with what was played in the Olympic, it was fresh and brand new for its time, it was like seeing a new colour for the first time or a new smell. House, dance, rave what ever you wanna call it started to get mainstream from 1994 onwards mimicing and sampling the original classics from the ballroom which probably inflences peoples opinion of early Olympic stuff.
    The only things you would hear in a Dublin disco bar at the time was Howard Jones and Wham, maybe KLF if you were lucky.
    Anyway the Olympic and the Mansion House were the only raves in Dublin at the time, Asylum and Sides were clubs in their own right so different sounds in different venues.
    However I do remember hearing Ive got the key Ive got the secret in there one night, I made my way to The Asylum post haste:D

Anyway each to their own, Ive got that off my chest now, feel much better:D

Great story Aceberg!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

I hav all these Ace but there not rippede yet il get round to it,i just hav the get the tape deck back again :D
     Airborn
     Rapture
     Still Life
     Industrial Standard
     Icon
     Contact- Not sure
     Directional Force
     Reload--Brilliant mix but sound levels is crap & its an origianl
     Parameters
     Floor Control
     Presence
     Showdown

And Tom the tune ur looking for off "The Climax" @ 45min's is "Dj Hooligan-The Culture or Mystic Culture i cant rember which 1 atm :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Hey I need that flux capacitor. £100 should get me 4 Disco Biscuits:D

Thats the one, thanks would appreciate it, my tape got wrecked;)

Ah an absolute Olympic classic, I will have a look in the hard drive 2 night for that one;)
    I just listened to that youtube video, its versions like that that give the original one a bad name, its sh1te!

Me too, I had a mate who has since died and he bought it one night in the Asylum, it was our aural bible for many a year.

Just to put things into perspective the music played in the Olympic would only have ever been heard in there circa 92, 93. The scollop you would hear on the radio onwards was not to be confused with what was played in the Olympic, it was fresh and brand new for its time, it was like seeing a new colour for the first time or a new smell. House, dance, rave what ever you wanna call it started to get mainstream from 1994 onwards mimicing and sampling the original classics from the ballroom which probably inflences peoples opinion of early Olympic stuff.
    The only things you would hear in a Dublin disco bar at the time was Howard Jones and Wham, maybe KLF if you were lucky.
    Anyway the Olympic and the Mansion House were the only raves in Dublin at the time, Asylum and Sides were clubs in their own right so different sounds in different venues.
    However I do remember hearing Ive got the key Ive got the secret in there one night, I made my way to The Asylum post haste:D

Anyway each to their own, Ive got that off my chest now, feel much better:D

Great story Aceberg!

Cheers Sean only seen it on the second read.:D

By the way Sean as far as i know these lyrics "Never been loved like this before" are in one of the Liquid tracks.Liquid - Closer i think.That was played in the Olympic was'nt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Melter!!!!! Im a fookin PC illiterate ...... lol every time i try post a fookin reply or a YT link it goes Pete Tong!!!!

now i know why i dont hang around here that often.

anyways.........

Shout outs to Is Mise & Es Cee .... hows the form boys????

oldskool forever n all that

G

Looking for help ID'ing some white labels ....any idea's?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKRyxGB6F8k&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zztXZcG0wY&feature=channel

:mad:
    Ah fook it!!!!! dont know what i'm doing wrong, but everytime i try attach a YT vid all i get is this ****e..... anyone got a copy of "boards.ie for dummies" ???:confused:

Click the embed button on the Youtube site, come back here and click on the Youtube button above the post window, then paste the embed code in between it.

Basically you should have

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Melter!!!!! Im a fookin PC illiterate ...... lol every time i try post a fookin reply or a YT link it goes Pete Tong!!!!

now i know why i dont hang around here that often.

anyways.........

Shout outs to Is Mise & Es Cee .... hows the form boys????

oldskool forever n all that

G

what up G, youtube links need only the code after the = sign.

so for instance if the code is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0EBuxjHjJs

you simply Copy and paste the end part after the = and wrap it with the youtube tags, ya with me?

anyway, CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!

SuprSi wrote: »
    Click the embed button on the Youtube site, come back here and click on the Youtube button above the post window, then paste the embed code in between it.

Basically you should have

Yep thats what i thought, i tried that first ...and this is what happens

http://www.youtube.com/v/3zztXZcG0wY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3zztXZcG0wY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

wondering if this laptop needs to have some player thingy in order for this to work?? I dunno, like i said, im pc illiterate lol

There you go. In your post, look for the code in bold below;

http://www.youtube.com/v/3zztXZcG0wY

Place these inside the

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Yep thats what i thought, i tried that first ...and this is what happens

http://www.youtube.com/v/3zztXZcG0wY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3zztXZcG0wY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

wondering if this laptop needs to have some player thingy in order for this to work?? I dunno, like i said, im pc illiterate lol

do what i told ya to do G and ya'll be fine mate, copy the code afetr the = and nothin else, then hit the yt button and paste the code into the middle of the 2 tags

what up G, youtube links need only the code after the = sign.

so for instance if the code is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0EBuxjHjJs

you simply Copy and paste the end part after the = and wrap it with the youtube tags, ya with me?

anyway, CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!

Testing testing 1 2 1 2 .....

• Advertisement

Hahahaha Sean your some man for one man ....see, like i said , "boards.ie for dummies" .... just the basic a,b,c kinda advice that my brain can absorb lol ....

Right then .....Tune ID's please .....

And here's one that im rocking out too lately .....

check that break at 1:07 .....whhhaaaaaaat a rush!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement