Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

oh yea newborn, silly me, um i dunno, im pretty sure i checked all of the 1s on this and on genfx site, so it must be the nrgex live so im told,

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Reckon we could put a team together & take on the Eggheads?

I've no hair so I'd be a shoe in:D:D
    Well not quite to your hearts content........5GB a month for €20 works out at 166MB a day, so if ya downloaded a mix at say over 100MB & then kept on browsing YT you could easily hit 166MB in a day & more.

Anyway the recession wont let me fork out €20 a month;)

Yeah well I supose downloading is limited but at least you could check out sites unresticted, to your hearts content.
    I do my downloading when I'm office bound and that USB is used for surfing at home, and its great for when I'm on sites and should be working ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

es-cee wrote: »
    yup 2 crackin tunes there mate, love that origin unknown track, 1 of me fav jungle tracks, what ya up to for the day anyway G?

Alright m8 ,and an "oi oi" going out to the man we call "Key" ....hope yiz are both heading into a cracking weekend....and to the rest of the Asylum/Oldskool followers ,hope yiz are all in fine fettle.....me, we'll kids have just been collected so it's crack open the JD n sip some juice whilst listening to some tunage ....nice easy relaxing friday icon10.gif

Here's a few more of me junglist vids for your veiwing/listening pleasure Sean (and anyone else who appreciates the sounds of da jungle) ....

...checek the vocal on this bad boy lol ...my take on it "Jungled up in Dublin" icon10.gif

N-Joi

nothin 2 do with asylum sides etc, just a pretty awesome instrumental

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭moany

oh yea newborn, silly me, um i dunno, im pretty sure i checked all of the 1s on this and on genfx site, so it must be the nrgex live so im told,
    Got the two live tapes off N.i OLDSKOOL
    Here are the links http://www.mediafire.com/?hv3j4iw2mcc as provided by Asylumkey and heres the other http://www.mediafire.com/?61tqonybtju . Hope this is what your after.Two great tapes capturing a night in one of Dublins Finest Dance Clubs.Thanks to Paddy Hughes for recording them , He brought his tape deck all the in from Portmarnock and then came back to my mates gaf for a few spliffs after Sides and of course , my mate recorded it and it became the soundtrack to our summer.

• Advertisement

....and now for something completely different (well almost) :rolleyes:

Some of my other up's...

lol i know mispelt title *sick*

.....got a load more upped if yiz are interested in having a gander;)

nothin 2 do with asylum sides etc, just a pretty awesome instrumental

Nice tune n visuals ..... jaysus I hope we're not restricted to Asylum/Olympic tunes lol none i've thrown up are related to either.....just the whole oldskool era in general :)

Nice I Holy Mac icon14.gif

moany wrote: »
    Got the two live tapes off N.i OLDSKOOL
    Here are the links http://www.mediafire.com/?hv3j4iw2mcc as provided by Asylumkey and heres the other http://www.mediafire.com/?61tqonybtju . Hope this is what your after.Two great tapes capturing a night in one of Dublins Finest Dance Clubs.Thanks to Paddy Hughes for recording them , He brought his tape deck all the in from Portmarnock and then came back to my mates gaf for a few spliffs after Sides and of course , my mate recorded it and it became the soundtrack to our summer.

Alright Moany , hows the form? ..... nice one on those links, think i'll grab them meself!!! ..... anyways , have a cracking weekend m8 :pac:

And the ASYLUM certainly was a world apart from any other place that ever opened its doors, more than a Rave, a club, a venue......it truly was a sanctuary:cool:

I just noticed this thread is just 37 posts away from 10,000:eek:

Not bad going for a thread about a Knackers hole of a kip full of mad ourrivit junkies skanger bastards:D:D:D

:D Truth spoken m8!!! ..... I reckon those that refered to it as the above either didn't get it or started to get it too late.....end of the day it was ours it was unique it was indeed our sanctuary.......so it must've been full of mad ourrivit junkie skangers AND US!!! lol

Any upcoming Oldskool nights on the horizon??? could do with a good night out to let of some steam n forget about the state the country (and my life) is in lol :P

Been that long since i was out i think Mozart n Bach were the headliners!!!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

tumbleweed.jpg&t=1:rolleyes: trust me to pick the quiet night lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

EarlERizer wrote: »
    tumbleweed.jpg&t=1:rolleyes: trust me to pick the quiet night lol

At least wait till The Late Late show is over Glen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

aceberg wrote: »
    Just checked my traclists for the Gravity series.It aint on 1-7 excluding 6 and it's not on 16 r 17.so that narrows it down.If that helps ya.:D

its he live tape with pressure on it ill give it to ye up wen i meet ye asa

1st i was told it was gravity 9,then reborn,then was told its an nrgex live tape...im on a mission 2 find it,had it yrs ago,always played it on walkman,loved that tape i did, ill find it 1 day

i have the tape ill give it 2 ace 2 up its mick and pressure live in sides

aceberg wrote: »
    Reborn,i think you mean Newborn and it might be that.did u check yourself.If not i'll do it 2morrow.Off to a surprise 60.

if its newborrn its the hard version of it on lebbello not as good as the original even though its a cheesy tune

locked 1 wrote: »
    ah cheers lockrd,mick and pressure? thats probly why i cudnt find it..dont remember pressure ever playin in sides,then again was probly too off it 2 notice or care, lol, thanks locked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Track at 7;30
    I felt that i was in this long dark tunnel

The video fits in nicley witht the track aswell.

How do i upload a picture.In this case it's a tape cover which is on my pc.

in post reply go to attachments,the paper clip besides the smiley

i think, or just enter the url of the image u want to upload,(insert image)

• Advertisement

in post reply go to attachments,the paper clip besides the smiley

NR-GEX 1 - New Born

Was running tru the mix to see if Funkydory was on it.And just as i found it i realised i had the tape cover with the tracklist on it thooooooo.So here ya go.:D

How do i upload it so it appears in the post as a picture

nice1 ace, i had 2 save the image, then zoom, writin abit blurred, il try make it out

nice1 ace, i had 2 save the image, then zoom, writin abit blurred, il try make it out

Tis alrite.

Any ideas
    How do i upload it so it appears in the post as a picture

not sure, never posted an image b4,id of thought,if u click on the paper clip(attachments) u cud upload it from there, but im sure some1 here will know

ive givin up on that fukin tape anyway,lol, locked said it was pressure and mick walsh live at sides,think he mentioned hes gona give it to u to upload..how do ya put tape on2 mp3 format anyway,hows that done?

ive givin up on that fukin tape anyway,lol, locked said it was pressure and mick walsh live at sides,think he mentioned hes gona give it to u to upload..how do ya put tape on2 mp3 format anyway,hows that done?

Have'nt converted any tapes in a while.But as far as i can remember i used to run a cable with 2 rca jacks (red and white)on 1 end into the output on my mixer and a mini jack on the other end into the line-in at the back of my pc.Then another cable with rca jacks on both ends.Run these from the line 1 or 2 on the mixer into the output on my stero(one with a tape decks on it obviously)Get yourself some recording software.I used to use an old version of cool edit pro as it was great for tidying up the wav before i converted it to mp3 format.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Any upcoming Oldskool nights on the horizon??? could do with a good night out to let of some steam n forget about the state the country (and my life) is in lol :P

Pressure is playing on the 25th of this month in Radio City, I desperatly need a night out myself too;)

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Pressure is playing on the 25th of this month in Radio City, I desperatly need a night out myself too;)

Cheers Seanyboy , just my luck lol im in the UK from the 24th to 28th ....ah well , maybe next month!!

Happy Sundays m8 ........

Taters!
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

• Advertisement

locked 1 wrote: »
    locked1,cud u post up the tracklist of the tape?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement