Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

NIG. wrote: »
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ucqn4sbrinrp3v4 - OLD SCHOOL MIX - by NIG

1 - Peter Lazonby - sacred cycles ( original mix )

2 - Bedrock - for what you dream ( full renaissance mix )

3 - Remake - bladerunner

4 - V.F.R - tranceillusion

5 - Havana - ethnic prayer ( euro mix )

6 - Virtualmismo - mismoplastico

7 - Age of love - age of love ( watch out for stella mix )

8 - Carpe Diem's - eddie lock 'n' dylan

9 - Disco Evangelists - de niro ( spacefighter rmx )

10 - Jaco - show some love

11 - Formosa - od on groove ( extended club mix )

that's it,done the old school way VINYL

Nice one for that 'Old Skool' Mix

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

NIG. wrote: »
    It is a mix by me.I,ll stick it in members mix's with track list if that's OK
    ( let me know if that is ok ) :mad::mad:

Yeah sorry I should have been clearer, single tracks are not allowed but mixes that do not have copyright attached to them are fine - mixes by DJs that are on official release would not be allowed unfortunately. No probs to the mix here or in members mixes... would more likely get noticed here though!

SteoL wrote: »
    Cheers man, would appreciate the MP3. This track was more breakbeat hardcore than Gabber. It was on a tape I had with Trip to the Moon and other similar tracks. Could've been a remix or something I suppose.

Ha ha, I'd say most young lads out there did the same. Get the ghetto blaster, head up the home for your strawberrys then just buzz around the place off the head. Good times :p

We used to pick up a Strawberry or Red Eyes and wander around up to the shops... what would normally take 30 minutes took a good 3 hours each way! If there was a free gaf we generally got stuck into some Chill Out Zone on MTV.

I remember one night it was just myself and one mate and we were both tripped off our heads... it was about 4am and we were up near the Elk River which is the river (for want of a better word) than runs across the Tonlegee Road near the Leisure Plex. We saw over near the Malahide Road what we thought was either a bull or a black cow... anyway, it was headed for us and we both legged it back towards the Tonlegee Road sh1ttin ourselves.. after a while when we couldn't see it, we wandered back around and could see it was a bit nearer but had stopped... then we reckoned that it actually wasn't big enough to be a bull but probably a big evil looking dog.. it moved so we legged it again... and again then got the courage to wander back around to have another look when it didn't seem to have followed... finally got a bit nearer to it to establish it was a black bin bag that had been blowing around in the wind! Mad on a trip like that when more than one person gets something into their head!! Many a tale from nights like that but I won't waffle on now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

We used to pick up a Strawberry or Red Eyes and wander around up to the shops... what would normally take 30 minutes took a good 3 hours each way! If there was a free gaf we generally got stuck into some Chill Out Zone on MTV.

I remember one night it was just myself and one mate and we were both tripped off our heads... it was about 4am and we were up near the Elk River which is the river (for want of a better word) than runs across the Tonlegee Road near the Leisure Plex. We saw over near the Malahide Road what we thought was either a bull or a black cow... anyway, it was headed for us and we both legged it back towards the Tonlegee Road sh1ttin ourselves.. after a while when we couldn't see it, we wandered back around and could see it was a bit nearer but had stopped... then we reckoned that it actually wasn't big enough to be a bull but probably a big evil looking dog.. it moved so we legged it again... and again then got the courage to wander back around to have another look when it didn't seem to have followed... finally got a bit nearer to it to establish it was a black bin bag that had been blowing around in the wind! Mad on a trip like that when more than one person gets something into their head!! Many a tale from nights like that but I won't waffle on now :pac:

Moderators should not advocate drug use or use drugs themselves:D

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Moderators should not advocate drug use or use drugs themselves:D

Ah well, it was 18 years ago now - I don't advocate or recommend the experience of a bull chasing you through Dublin streets :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

aceberg wrote: »
    TDV hows tricks.Just going tru my vinyls here this morning,bit of a spring clean.Anyways came accross The KGB vinyl i ripped both of those tracks from.

"It's About Time" & ''2 The Beat''.

Mine is a double pack for some reason.So i'm thinking there not really and what i have is:

http://www.discogs.com/KGB-The-Burnin-Like-Fire/release/466385

http://www.discogs.com/KGB-The-Party-People/release/265625

so these would be the releases your after as i ripped from these.

Now i'm looking for that last Ed Case mix that was u/l i think it was called firepower or firestarter if ya have it.And this single track if ya have it please
    In-2-U - DAMN GOOD .Lost a bit of stuff when i re-formatted pc pc.

Cheers Asa.

Cheers mate. I think the one I'm looking for is the 97 remix releases, as the sample i ripped the tune from was of a kavanagh radio ireland mix.

yea the fireball the mix was called mate. here it is.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/Ck9SptyV/ed_case_-_fireball_2.html

http://www.4shared.com/audio/j5g_Q4mg/ed_case_-_fireball.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Mad on a trip like that when more than one person gets something into their head!! Many a tale from nights like that but I won't waffle on now :pac:

Now thats a coincidence,

Once we were in a Taxi driving up the greenhills road about 8am sunday morning after being in the ASYLUM, there was four of us in the car & just before we got to the Dip that turns down into greenhills my mate that was nearest the side you could see down the hill shouts, 'Jesus christ look at that'....we turned & looked & for a second it looked like & black car on it roof on a grass verge......the Taxi man didnt seem to react at all & when we turned down the hill it was just a pile of full black bags left out for collection......when we got out of the Taxi my mate Micko asked what we thought it was when he shouted & made a tit out of himself & we all tought the same thing........could just have been coincidence but we were all wiped out of it & the Taxi man didnt seem to see anything strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Are you sure he will reply to your PM ace ;):D:rolleyes:
    At lest some peeps reply;)

BTW...... are you going to this on friday night? There is a good few of us going in! I missed the last one and was told it was a deadly Night!
    looking forward to it :)

Ha Ha.No Paddy i won't make this week.

tdv123 wrote: »
    Cheers mate. I think the one I'm looking for is the 97 remix releases, as the sample i ripped the tune from was of a kavanagh radio ireland mix.

yea the fireball the mix was called mate. here it is.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/Ck9SptyV/ed_case_-_fireball_2.html

http://www.4shared.com/audio/j5g_Q4mg/ed_case_-_fireball.html

Cheers T fairplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Now thats a coincidence,

Once we were in a Taxi driving up the greenhills road about 8am sunday morning after being in the ASYLUM, there was four of us in the car & just before we got to the Dip that turns down into greenhills my mate that was nearest the side you could see down the hill shouts, 'Jesus christ look at that'....we turned & looked & for a second it looked like & black car on it roof on a grass verge......the Taxi man didnt seem to react at all & when we turned down the hill it was just a pile of full black bags left out for collection......when we got out of the Taxi my mate Micko asked what we thought it was when he shouted & made a tit out of himself & we all tought the same thing........could just have been coincidence but we were all wiped out of it & the Taxi man didnt seem to see anything strange.
    Shared hallucinations used to happen to myself and a couple of my mates quite a bit - but there were also just ODD things that used to happen when you were strolling round the estates tripping.

2 incidents stick out in my mind - the first was walking down the liffey, prob coming back from one of the Prodigy gigs in the Point, I'll guess at 94 or 95, on doves. Anyway, myself and a mate went round a corner to take a p*ss, we were walking back around to the path by the river, and we both saw what looked like a load of people climbing out of the river over the ledge! Freaked out a little bit for a few seconds, when our eyes came properly into focus we saw it was a load of large seagulls sitting on the ledge - we thought the white birds were people's heads!

The other was just a very surreal occurance, as I say these type of things just didn't happen when you weren't tripping. We'd after been at the Soundcrowd in the SFX, walking back from the nightlink, beside our local GAA pitches we came across a guy in a mobile home. Off our faces on blue planets, we started talking to this chap - I'd say he was around 40 or so. He was a friendly guy, probably starved for company - he showed us his mobile home thing - he lived in it - had a jacks and all which we thought was hilarious for some reason. He was there to 'mind' the site while a new clubhouse was being built, that's what he did for a living - nighttime work keeping an eye on building sites etc. Very odd, only saw him the once as well, even odder. Later the two of us thought we hallucinated the whole thing, impossible though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

ha, or like the ppl i use 2 see drop from the ceiling in the asylum and shot bk into the floor, or when every1 in the asylum had a mobile fone to their ear walkin around,i use 2 love the shakes,,when every1 was just all blurred and shakey,or when ud be walkin down street and ud see ppl, no1 there ofcourse ud just see shadows of ppl,glad i dont do drugs anymore, but hey,,it was fun,

or when every1 in the asylum had a mobile fone to their ear walkin around,,

Never seen anyone ever with a mobile phone in the ASYLUM or pretty much anywhere back around 1993, they were fair expensive, sure the fisrt text message was only sent in 1993........it wasnt really until about 1995 1996 that phones became withing reach of your average joe & would be seen out & about with em so it was a strange trip to be having in 1993:eek:

Another frequent hallucination that people seemed to experience was seeing everyone with glasses on, happened to me many a time...

Another mad one I had back at a party one night and sitting on the floor in a bit of a scaggy state - I was in one of those eyes rolling, not knowing really where I was type moments and started to snap out of it - I was looking around the room at various people and noticed across the other side of the room there was like a flower bed arrangement in the corner... I remember wondering how the fck there was a flower bed indoors and was literally staring at it... next thing I see these peoples heads (no bodies) in the flower bed chatting and laughing away to each other... was really freaking me out, eventually it drifted into what it actually was which was just a couple of young ones sitting there with colourful dresses on!

Mad times, loved every feckin minute though!

Ahh yes being so mad out of it you cant even judge where the end of a smoke is to light it:D:D:D

so it was a strange trip to be having in 1993.......exactly..maybe i was watchin too much miami vice at the time,lol

Ahh yes being so mad out of it you cant even judge where the end of a smoke is to light it:D:D:D

Haha yes, remember trying to check the time on your watch in one of those states?! Trying hard to focus on the watch and eventually just give up and say sorry to whoever had asked the time.

Always remember also at the end of the night finding flyers, packs of smokes, receipts etc in my pockets that had literally disintegrated into a mush of paper and tobacco.. tshirt and jeans stuck to you from sweat and vicks & olbas oil - I often threw the tshirt in behind a bedroom wardrobe so my Ma wouldn't cop anything, had to dump a load of them after a few had gathered mould in behind the wardrobe! Must sound so unappealing to anyone who didn't do it, but it was fckin great at the time :D

Always remember also at the end of the night finding flyers, packs of smokes, receipts etc in my pockets that had literally disintegrated into a mush of paper and tobacco.. :D

I cant remember how i twigged this but i used to always stick my ticket for my jacket in the plastic wrapper of my smoke box & jam it in the little tiny pocket that used to be just above the main pocket on the Levis 501's......was a little tricky to get it out at the end of the night mad out of it but ticket was alway intact......used to see people fishing out the remnaannts of a ticket & trying to put soggy pieces back together on the counter where you got your jacket:D

Ha ha - you just don't see people in clubs drenched in sweat at the end of a night like you used to!

Spare t-shirt rolled up and put in the jacket was a winner for the walk to the bus/taxi

joker77 wrote: »
    Ha ha - you just don't see people in clubs drenched in sweat at the end of a night like you used to!

Spare t-shirt rolled up and put in the jacket was a winner for the walk to the bus/taxi

Could be something to do with them being image driven and........

I wont go into it, never brought an old t-shirt with me but did used to bring a second pair of socks on occasion in my jacket for after the ASYLUM, wash the old plates in the fountain outside trinity in the early morning & on the new socks ready for the early house or where ever you were headed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Steo32

I cant remember how i twigged this but i used to always stick my ticket for my jacket in the plastic wrapper of my smoke box & jam it in the little tiny pocket that used to be just above the main pocket on the Levis 501's......was a little tricky to get it out at the end of the night mad out of it but ticket was alway intact......used to see people fishing out the remnaannts of a ticket & trying to put soggy pieces back together on the counter where you got your jacket:D

I allways had problems finding my ticket at the end of the night,
    I use to put it in the same pocket but always had other small things in there also (of the round tablet sort) so it was allways a mess at the end of the night. Also remember struggling to light a smoke mad out of it those
    were the days when u could smoke in a club. jasus and the mobile phones,
    dont think I got my first one till 96 or 97 it was more like a batton than a phone :D:D

Yeah its funny how the various tricks emerged then along the way... you really couldn't have a situation where the ticket for your jacket was a wet mess of paper - I starting sticking that in my wallet, which at times actually ended up soaked through too!

Got to a point where I brought a spare tshirt/jumper after having a jacket robbed at a party and walking home in a wet tshirt in sub zero temps, that fckin taught me a lesson!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

I went to see Garnier in Tripod Paddys eve 2009. Was my first night out in about 12/13 years. Never even ventured outside for a smoke till the night was almost done. I was covered in sweat just like the good old days :cool:. Was probably the only one though :P

Yeah its funny how the various tricks emerged then along the way... you really couldn't have a situation where the ticket for your jacket was a wet mess of paper - I starting sticking that in my wallet, which at times actually ended up soaked through too!

Got to a point where I brought a spare tshirt/jumper after having a jacket robbed at a party and walking home in a wet tshirt in sub zero temps, that fckin taught me a lesson!

Like Is Mise..... I always had my ticket at the end of the night.

Never thought of bringing a spare t shirt though. I ALWAYS ended up going home soaked.

Steo32 wrote: »
    Also remember struggling to light a smoke mad out of it those
    were the days when u could smoke in a club. :D:D

Ahh yes, i have kept meaning to search for it with the Irish Times as i had it for a few years after but it got mislaid,

Weekend supplement in i think one of these - aug, sep, oct 1993 & full two page article about reporters experience having gone into the OLYMPIC to do an article, Brillaint descriptions of the place first hand at the time & interviews with people also in it......some great photos i had on my wall for years of a guy standing up on top of one of the Big 8 foot stacks of speaker's with no top on giving it loads.......try doing that in a venue today:eek:

The heat generated in some of those places though - I mean even if you weren't dancing, I'd imagine even standing around on some of those dance floors you'd be a little sweaty just from the heat and humidity!

The heat generated in some of those places though - I mean even if you weren't dancing, I'd imagine even standing around on some of those dance floors you'd be a little sweaty just from the heat and humidity!

YYep it was hot as fu.ck in the OLYMPIC & that had a high roof, hotter again in SIDES but the bottom floor in the ASYLUM had the lowest roof of all & by jaysus the sweat did literally drip from the ceiling!!!!!!!

Check out this chap in the middle,

128511.jpg

, hotter again in SIDES but the bottom floor in the ASYLUM had the lowest roof of all & by jaysus the sweat did literally drip from the ceiling!!!!!!!

Ha ha I remember my first night in SIDES I hadn't a f'in clue what was dripping on me. Bit grossed for about 10 seconds when I realised it was sweat but didn't really give a f*k. I've always said the sweatboxes were the best clubs.

Another frequent hallucination that people seemed to experience was seeing everyone with glasses on, happened to me many a time...

Another mad one I had back at a party one night and sitting on the floor in a bit of a scaggy state - I was in one of those eyes rolling, not knowing really where I was type moments and started to snap out of it - I was looking around the room at various people and noticed across the other side of the room there was like a flower bed arrangement in the corner... I remember wondering how the fck there was a flower bed indoors and was literally staring at it... next thing I see these peoples heads (no bodies) in the flower bed chatting and laughing away to each other... was really freaking me out, eventually it drifted into what it actually was which was just a couple of young ones sitting there with colourful dresses on!

Mad times, loved every feckin minute though!

The frequent hallucination that always caught me was the blank faces were everyone basically looked the same.Has anybody ever seen the movie Pink Floyd the Wall.

Check this video out.

5.29 the kids sitting in there desk.Blank faces kinna like the elephant man.

Then:even better 5.38 :eek:This is what people would look like to me :eek:

Remember 1 nite meself and me m8 Dodger dropped a dd strawberry.Anyways we started off is his gaf waitinh to come up.we were listening to the wall on a stero in his ma's bedroom.I'm sitting on a pile of cloths beside a chest of draws facing me m8 who's sitting on the bed.Were starting to come up on the trip.I'm looking accross at him and he starts turning into Arnold Swartzenager - the Terminator.Then i turn my head to the left the side were the chest of draws where and ther gone.All i can see is a big black hole :eek: and it's like rite if i fall into that hole thats it gone insanitybut if i don't i'll be fine.So basically i'm at the edge of insanity.Lucily i managed to avoid falling intot the hole and off the edge into insanity.Still wonder what would have happened if i fell.:D

Anyways i'm a little freaked out at this stage so i jump up.The album the wall is at the stge called the trial.See the video below at about 3.20.The judge kinnda morphs in :D.As i stand up and to walk out the door i literally get pused from the bedroom out onto the landen and i imagine that this judge ****er has pushed me.:eek: lmfao.funny now when i think back.So i stand up in the corner of the landen like a frightened child awaiting punishment.Needless to say that trip was a bit of a battle to keep the head together.

• Advertisement

aceberg wrote: »
    .Needless to say that trip was a bit of a battle to keep the head together.

Sounds great.....ya got your moneys worth Ace:)

Coincidentally a few of us also really digged that album back then when we were tripping.......know it from the start to the end word for word,

the start & end of the album have the same very low tune playing & the final words are,

"Isnt this where......."

And the first words on the album are,

".......we came in?"

Suggesting you listen again & again......which we did:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement