Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

SteoL wrote: »
    Nice one man. Have seen CAFs site. F*n deadly one alright. Can't get over all the photos (when there would have been no mobiles etc around at the time). Mad seeing them after all this time.

Ye, if hindsight was forsight, mate of mine used to always have a camera in her hand back years ago everywhere we went, at the time i didnt take much notice that she always did but only bout 5 years back i was in her gaff & she pulled out a box with about 4000 photos in it:eek:

Man she had pics of us in every town in ireland, before the raves, after the raves (unfortunatley none of in the raves as she wasnt into the raves) & in all manner of states in pubs & fields, camping etc etc.

Sometimes not such a great thing:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Not a great pic this but still a rare pic from the Asylum.

new2.jpg

Link for those in work..

new2.jpg

Link for those in work..

Are you not in work paddy?? How do you get around the IT issues:rolleyes::D

Anyway, thats what i looked like from my perspective on many a night ;)

BLINDING:D

I would be confident that is the ASYLUM anyway cause where the Red laser was in the ASYLUM was at about that height over the DJ box & that pic looks like it was taken from underneath one of the arches because the neon lights that made the white glow were all allong the inside of the arches facing into the dance floor which would tie in with the pic.

Ahh i can remember being under them arches in the exact same position as the camera looking into the dancfloor & towards the DJ box with the other floor just to your left.

Big thanks again paddy you have made my year with them hadfull of pics.

Are you not in work paddy?? How do you get around the IT issues:rolleyes::D

Anyway, thats what i looked like from my perspective on many a night ;)

BLINDING:D

I know! its kinda busy here in work also :D i keep drifting to and from work stuff. going to put my headphones on later, all these pics are making me feel nostalgic:D

A few more Asylum
    new3.jpg

new4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Anybody tried the Pink Mitsubishi's that are about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 NIG.

I know! its kinda busy here in work also :D i keep drifting to and from work stuff. going to put my headphones on later, all these pics are making me feel nostalgic:D

A few more Asylum
    new3.jpg

new4.jpg

nice pic's of my deck's

I was in ta asylum the night it got closed down ( SAD )

I was look'in to buy deck's a bit later,I later meet up with a guy call
    dj hev-e who worked & DJ'd in ta asylum,I bought the deck's off him he had taken them from the asylum the night it closed down.
    bought for 600 punt back in 1995

don't have them anymore sold them about 7 year's later,got new one's :D

Jesus now i only referenced on another thread this morning the set of decks i have this past 15 years or so, a pair of belt driven KAM's & if thats not a set of them in the pic i'll eat my hat!!!!!!

Exact same as mine & you can see the mixer is a KAM also in the pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Jesus now i only referenced on another thread this morning the set of decks i have this past 15 years or so, a pair of belt driven KAM's & if thats not a set of them in the pic i'll eat my hat!!!!!!

Exact same as mine & you can see the mixer is a KAM also in the pic.

They wouldn't have used belt drive in the ASYLUM surely? Would've expected 1210's all the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭harsea8

pretty sure that's a 1200 in the pic with the mixer

Well then the KAM's i have years now must have been made to be identical to the 1200's cause nothing looks different in that pic:confused:

• Advertisement

Well then the KAM's i have years now must have been made to be identical to the 1200's cause nothing looks different in that pic:confused:

they are TECHNICS 1210 so u can eat your hat

NIG. wrote: »
    they are TECHNICS 1210 so u can eat your hat

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:pac:

ww80b.jpg

http://rapidshare.com/files/420779036/hev_e___parsley_live_in_the_asylum.mp3

might b up already ???????
    sound is a bit **** !!!

aceberg wrote: »
    Anybody tried the Pink Mitsubishi's that are about.

Not sure on any of the stuff that's around these days ace, however i was chatting to an old friend of mine who was at a oldskool gig last mount and he took an e and said it was just like the old days.he said you just need 1 for the night and there very strong. Not sure on the name tho...

Yeah I've heard there's a lot of good s**t going around now. I've no contacts anymore unfortunately so no way of getting my hands on some. I'd head out this weekend and next if I was guaranteed something.....:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

The Asylum
    The_Asylum.jpg

thats a cool pic, whos that in the dj box with warren?? would i be right in sayin the big bloke on the right whos face is half hidden looks like dilly??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Not sure on any of the stuff that's around these days ace, however i was chatting to an old friend of mine who was at a oldskool gig last mount and he took an e and said it was just like the old days.he said you just need 1 for the night and there very strong. Not sure on the name tho...
    Yeah I've heard there's a lot of good s**t going around now. I've no contacts anymore unfortunately so no way of getting my hands on some. I'd head out this weekend and next if I was guaranteed something.....:p

These are exactly the reason's i'm asking as i have heard there are good e's floating about.My bro can get some off a guy he works with.He said he can get Pink Mitsubishi's.So i'm just looking to pick peoples brains.I've tried checking out piilreports.com but there's no info on that about them.

Don't think it's Mitsi's I heard of. Sonics, crosses and I think the last lot I heard of were Stars or something. Will need to double check but pretty sure that's what they wre called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Don't think it's Mitsi's I heard of. Sonics, crosses and I think the last lot I heard of were Stars or something. Will need to double check but pretty sure that's what they wre called.

white crosses, orange sonics and green stars. great buzz off them, had the crosses a few months back but havent heard of em since, me may=tes done the other 2 and said they were like the ones from the 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

These are exactly the reason's i'm asking as i have heard there are good e's floating about.My bro can get some off a guy he works with.He said he can get Pink Mitsubishi's.So i'm just looking to pick peoples brains.I've tried checking out piilreports.com but there's no info on that about them.

pink mitsis are out a while they r **** try crosses or camels or green starrs if u can get them the stars r green and lethal strongest out of the three i meantioned

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

joker77 wrote: »
    The heat generated in some of those places though - I mean even if you weren't dancing, I'd imagine even standing around on some of those dance floors you'd be a little sweaty just from the heat and humidity!

When I came outta the Olympic I was always covered in red paint as the humidity and heat would make it come off the walls.

Again some of you may have seen these but for those that have not..

Sides
    59078_158860100807653_100000509926356_467119_3922612_n.jpg

The Asylum
    59472_158861204140876_100000509926356_467125_6506572_n.jpg

The Asylum
    59472_158861207474209_100000509926356_467126_7978125_n.jpg

The Asylum
    59472_158861210807542_100000509926356_467127_6815814_n.jpg

Warren k in the Asylum
    61649_158861150807548_100000509926356_467123_5866640_n.jpg

The Asylum
    The_Asylum.jpg

Pure quality Paddy, I'm sure there are loads more undiscovered pics out there. Did you only discover them? Was told by Pablo aka Asylumdublin that there is camcorder footage of the Olympic balcony from people from Dundrum. Key you said there is a better pic of the DJ Box, that was probably the one with Asylum written accross it with red pen? See that 1st Asylum pic, see the stripes on the wall in the corner, there was a small shelf there, I remember a girl I knew from Tallaght was in there one night huddled under that shelf crying her poor eyes when the place was in full flow:eek: cause she though she was too fat, and she wasnt, poor thing ended up strung out to bits. Is that Heavy in the DJ Box to the right hand side showing the side of his face??

Many a good memory from this in the Asylum

locked 1 wrote: »
    pink mitsis are out a while they r **** try crosses or camels or green starrs if u can get them the stars r green and lethal strongest out of the three i meantioned

Heard about them green ones, supposed to be good.

Anyone heading into Pressure this Saturday, I am going in myself, might get to put faces to these names:);)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

new2.jpg

Link for those in work..

Thanks again Paddy. The lazers were just above head height over the DJ Box. Them red lazers were not in there every week, but I remember one week in particular they had the red lazers and red spinning lights in the corners, was on Dam Busters that night twas an unbelievable night. They used to rent the lights from a place in Temple Bar
    The Asylum
    The_Asylum.jpg

Them small rectangle things at top of pic at left and right, they were the lazers, far cry from the big set up for the lazers on the balcony in the Olympic

My orig post,all i can see is a blank??

Tnx for uppin it stomp,as i can no longer do it for some reason.Are you seeing embedded code or similar??:confused:

Something to listen to over weekend - Sounded decent when i was puttin' it together...

Bilko 'Star Dancer'

http://www.mediafire.com/?10g9f45bvhqo7fb

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    When I came outta the Olympic I was always covered in red paint as the humidity and heat would make it come off the walls.

Pure quality Paddy, I'm sure there are loads more undiscovered pics out there. Did you only discover them? Was told by Pablo aka Asylumdublin that there is camcorder footage of the Olympic balcony from people from Dundrum. Key you said there is a better pic of the DJ Box, that was probably the one with Asylum written accross it with red pen? See that 1st Asylum pic, see the stripes on the wall in the corner, there was a small shelf there, I remember a girl I knew from Tallaght was in there one night huddled under that shelf crying her poor eyes when the place was in full flow:eek: cause she though she was too fat, and she wasnt, poor thing ended up strung out to bits. Is that Heavy in the DJ Box to the right hand side showing the side of his face??

Many a good memory from this in the Asylum

Heard about them green ones, supposed to be good.

Anyone heading into Pressure this Saturday, I am going in myself, might get to put faces to these names:);)

Like I said, if guaranteed meeting Jack and Jills I'd definitely head in. Though I'm still more into the mystery thingy next week. The lineup there is fantastic.

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    My orig post,all i can see is a blank??

Tnx for uppin it stomp,as i can no longer do it for some reason.Are you seeing embedded code or similar??:confused:

I seen your post was blank so clicked on Quote and saw the link.

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Pure quality Paddy, I'm sure there are loads more undiscovered pics out there. Did you only discover them?

Warren Uploaded them on Facebook a few days ago. not sure if he has anymore? some great old school community's on facebook now, a lot of folks are uploading any pics they have.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement