Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Columbia Mills

COLUMBIAMILLS.jpg

(got this from facebook)

By the way I went to that 'Pressure' gig last sat night and the prick didn't turn up, apparently the word from the dj's there was that he rang them at 7.30 sat evening to say that he wasn't coming cause he couldn't get 'speed'. There was a notice on the door apologising for it too. His name is officially dirt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Columbia Mills

COLUMBIAMILLS.jpg

(got this from facebook)

By the way I went to that 'Pressure' gig last sat night and the prick didn't turn up, apparently the word from the dj's there was that he rang them at 7.30 sat evening to say that he wasn't coming cause he couldn't get 'speed'. There was a notice on the door apologising for it too. His name is officially dirt!

LOL who does Speed? Now that is bad form!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

LOL who does Speed? Now that is bad form!

Well i was eating it by the half ounce per weekend up to about 3 years ago........quality with a rake load of beer & perhaps some acid thrown in there:D

Ahh my favorit combo for many a moon that was,
    Speed - Beer - Acid
    31046696_125x125.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

Moonsign http://www.mediafire.com/?dewk8jnjajsswmw

Tracklist...

Xeuros - Flair
    Michel - Fisher In Trance
    Energy 52 - Cafe del Mar (Peace Mix)
    Mirage - Airborn (G Mix)
    Renegade Legion - Dark Forces
    Robotnico - Machina Nera
    Resistance D - Skyline (Bytes Mix)
    Mega'Lo Mania - Moonsign
    Phax Feat Steve Bug - Tri Top (Humate Mix)
    Roughage - La Marquesa (UK Remix)
    Leprechaun - Intergrad
    Resistance D - Human (Progressive Attack Mix)
    Itch-E + Scratch-E - Point Of No Return (A Dub Adventure With Sheriff Lindo)
    Central Love II - Traum (Sueno)
    Leprechaun - Magic Land
    Marco Zaffarano - For My Love

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

what a sad cu.nt!!!! at his age not turnin up coz he'd no drugs, big ****in baby. promoters should boycot the likes of him, must still be in his early 90s primadonna phase the useless fu.ck :pac::pac::pac::pac::D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

pressure wudnt turn up coz he cudnt get speed?:confused: he must be hittin 50 by now? good dj tho, good mixin, better than mick walsh,the chopper ha

pressure wudnt turn up coz he cudnt get speed?:confused: he must be hittin 50 by now? good dj tho, good mixin, better than mick walsh,the chopper ha

he does no tricks or anythin, dunno how he was supposed to be number 1 bitd. play a tune mix another in, any1 who can beat match can do that.

Theres afew djs that cant even do that that well tho,always liked his mixin, i use 2 hate djs scratchin in the middle of tracks, abit for an effect yes. but other than that it ruins it, i think bad djs chop too much,coz they cant do much else with a mix.. a third deck is always good for effect, and i remember watchin a dj in temple of sound 1 nite, who was mixin 2 records by playin 1 and turnin the other record in reverse,just for a minute,sounded deadly..dunno who he was, forget now, but those international djs are in a class of there own, exceptional, i dont think ireland has any really good exceptional djs, does it? infact..dont think uk has either,maybe a couple

es-cee wrote: »
    he does no tricks or anythin, dunno how he was supposed to be number 1 bitd. play a tune mix another in, any1 who can beat match can do that.

Ahh now here hang on.......yes hes a tosser for not turning up at a gig (fuc.kin spoon) but he played blinder sets back in the ASYLUM of a far higher quality than the two that are about he did that are live in the ASYLUM.......he really did take the place on a journey & his mixing was 100% class, you wouldnt know where he started or left a track they were blended that perfectly, i know i had absolutley amazing nights in there & one of my favorite mixes from back then is 'Gradiation'........stands up well to any mix done by any DJ.

Come on now sean why would you have bothered to collect all House pressure's 1 to 10 if ya thought he was that bad??

• Advertisement

i agree, id class him better than than alot of other not just irish djs, i think he gets a bad rap for being cheesey or taky now, maybe coz hes been around so long, dunno y ppl wud think that, coz all that mixin in asylum and from the tapes where all the fukin business

, i dont think ireland has any really good exceptional djs, does it? infact..dont think uk has either,maybe a couple

Well heres a hip hop DJ if your talking about scratching & such from dublin thats world class,

DJ FLIP

Another article

i meant to put that in,,that scratchin during old skool tracks house etc doesnt sound good, and most ive heard doin it aint that good at it, hiphop is totally different, hiphop is scratchin..

Ahh now here hang on.......yes hes a tosser for not turning up at a gig (fuc.kin spoon) but he played blinder sets back in the ASYLUM of a far higher quality than the two that are about he did that are live in the ASYLUM.......he really did take the place on a journey & his mixing was 100% class, you wouldnt know where he started or left a track they were blended that perfectly, i know i had absolutley amazing nights in there & one of my favorite mixes from back then is 'Gradiation'........stands up well to any mix done by any DJ.

Come on now sean why would you have bothered to collect all House pressure's 1 to 10 if ya thought he was that bad??

i never said he was bad, only that he has never done anythin of note to make himself stand out and be recognised as number 1 is all. as for the house pressure series, i collcted them coz i like the tunes, some of the mixin on them aint good either btw.
    regardless of the asylum, as a dj he's fairly average man. i've seen him hundres of times out and young lads supposed to be backin him up would murder his set before he even got a chance to play. djin has evolved with the times as everythin does but hes still the same.
    the style of the early 90s just dont cut it nowadays im afraid key me aul mate.

lets just say hes the best of a bad bunch? lol

es-cee wrote: »
    the style of the early 90s just dont cut it nowadays im afraid key me aul mate.

Ahh get the fu.ck outta here ya wan.ker:D this is an Asylum/oldskool thread!!! If ya dont like that kind of early 90's stuff nowadays pi.ss off to yer Tiesto gig in the Tripod ya trancecracker Bastard :D:D:D

Ahh get the fu.ck outta here ya wan.ker:D this is an Asylum/oldskool thread!!! If ya dont like that kind of early 90's stuff nowadays pi.ss off to yer Tiesto gig in the Tripod ya trancecracker Bastard :D:D:D

hahahaha, you of all people know i'm not a trance head, hardly ever listen to it at all man, or house or techno for that matter ;)
    hardcore junglist all the way mate :p and i know its an asylum thread and i totally respect the scene back then for what it gave us, but just in the case of pressure, so many younger lesser known djs are runnin rings around him now because they embrased the new technology and the different things he can achieve with it. hell theres loadsa djs out there that are older than pressure that have embrased it and brought their mixin into the 21st century. pressure played blinders in the asylum thats no question but this little debate got goin over him not showin up to a gig last weekend :)

one for the trance heads before i leave lol :D TOP DJ!!!!!!

lets just say hes the best of a bad bunch? lol

ah i wouldnt say that man, the djs back then were good for the times and i still enjoy goin out to see em on occasion for oldskool nights and all, but the attitude of the above mentioned dj sickens me. i've been told by loadsa people who had to deal with him bitd what he was really like :p "a joy to work with, with no ego at all" lol :D sense the sarcasm ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

I'd say Pressure was the best for break to break mixing.Surley the lads on the nite would have sorted him with some narcs.By the way lads this is The Asylum/Oldskool thread :D

aceberg wrote: »
    I'd say Pressure was the best for break to break mixing.Surley the lads on the nite would have sorted him with some narcs.By the way lads this is The Asylum/Oldskool thread :D

he'll have a list of demands next like some of the divas out there :D

• Advertisement

that is fukin deadly, love all that hard tech/house stuff,,liebing, beyer and so on stuff, any1 know them tracks playing on that clip?

that is fukin deadly, love all that hard tech/house stuff,,liebing, beyer and so on stuff, any1 know them tracks playing on that clip?

the track playin is called "len faki - just a dance"

the one he's mixin with is just a loop he has on the other cdj mate, quality dj tho.

nice1 bud,ya never get that on any of their cds ya see in the shops.its always only when they play live,,take sven vath, seen him loads of times at diff venues, every track was a belter! buy any of his cds and hes trancey minimal techno, same with richie hawtin, i know theyre minimal techno djs, but ud think theyd wack out a diff cd for a change

nice1 bud,ya never get that on any of their cds ya see in the shops.its always only when they play live,,take sven vath, seen him loads of times at diff venues, every track was a belter! buy any of his cds and hes trancey minimal techno, same with richie hawtin, i know theyre minimal techno djs, but ud think theyd wack out a diff cd for a change

no worries, yeah i agree totally live is much better man. eddie is the best trance dj out there bar none, deffo my fav at the min for trance and techno. here he is again last year, killer track this.

2 stompers here from '93

really like this tune here from '94, has a nice atmosphere to it as well as piano :D

Well heres a hip hop DJ if your talking about scratching & such from dublin thats world class,

DJ FLIP

Another article

the irish DMC champ is actually teachin courses in bray institute of further education 'TU-KI' his name is, quality dj, but they're a breed apart from dance djs man. skill wise there is no comparison, love them meself, i do be amazed at what they can make out of samples and loops lol.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I went to see if I had a Warren K mix on mp3 and to my horror I don't :eek: I have it on tape alright but no way of ripping that at the moment... anyone got it? Featuring these crackers... I want to restart my mission of naming the last few that I'm missing, all these feckin years later - I have most of them, just 2 or 3 tops that have yet to be IDd.

Genuinely one of my favourite DJ mixes ever, and one that probably holds the most memories for me too. Played the fckin life out of this back then... parties, walkman, bedroom, sitting room, kitchen, buses, trains, planes!

Club Fontaine - Rue De St. Jean

Phax Feat Steve Bug - Tritop (Goldfinger Remix)

Eat Static - Lost In Time

Arte Bionico - Voyager

Emmanuel Top - Acid Phase

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Still think Pressure 2, 4, Attack & Grad.. are top mixes but he is a muppet for that, Warren K, Ed Case n' Mick Morrison are the only real deals IMO;)

• Advertisement

Still think Pressure 2, 4, Attack & Grad.. are top mixes but he is a muppet for that, Warren K, Ed Case n' Mick Morrison are the only real deals IMO;)

i agree seany, have spoken to warren & ed on many an occasion and i can honestly say they are top blokes, never spoken to mick but i enjoy some of his house mixes from bitd. just a shame pressure has such a bad name tbh, but what can ya do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement