Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

was surprised this wasnt on youtube already, so i stuck it on, great track http://www.mediafire.com/?cmcvxj7tjnjqnaq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

was surprised this wasnt on youtube already, so i stuck it on, great track http://www.mediafire.com/?cmcvxj7tjnjqnaq

good tune alright, prefer his earlier hardcore tho

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

I love that DMS tune,

I remember dancing to that tune with a walkman out the back of my parents house in the lane, with my mates, out of it on white doves,
    mad now when I look back, L.O.L :D:D:D:D

they also done Exterminate (day of the hardcore), another good tune.

Ha Ha Al!! Nothing better man!! Yeah they're 2 of my favourite Hardcore Tracks. Along will all of Acen's and the House Crew's work. I don't think they ever had a bad release. You just cant go wrong with the old Production House lads.

Just a few more tracks off a favourite Ellis Dee Tape i have but need to get converted Live at Illusion 92.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

What mix is this your upping.Do ya have side B ?

Here's the track at 14:05

got it from a link on this,full of warren k mixes, was just goin through posts, forget the number now of the post,had like 20 warren k mixes from mediafire,shuda put it in favourites

• Advertisement

got it from a link on this,full of warren k mixes, was just goin through posts, forget the number now of the post,had like 20 warren k mixes from mediafire,shuda put it in favourites

page 577 has a load of stuff upped by key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

an yone have bumpkin billionaires nice n eazy on vinyl that cud load it up on mp3, love to hear that track again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

an yone have bumpkin billionaires nice n eazy on vinyl that cud load it up on mp3, love to hear that track again

Afraid not man sorry.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

Hardcore??? Breakbeat??? Jungle???

Posted these before but what the heck...

The Thrill Seekers - Dance Among the Stars

The Thrill Seekers - Keep Pumpin

The Thrill Seekers - Do what you feel

Doc Scott - Surgery (Ordinary mix)

• Advertisement

JCarey70 wrote: »
    Hardcore??? Breakbeat??? Jungle???

Posted these before but what the heck...

The Thrill Seekers - Dance Among the Stars

The Thrill Seekers - Keep Pumpin

The Thrill Seekers - Do what you feel

Doc Scott - Surgery (Ordinary mix)

crackin tunes jay, love all of them. hardcore/jungle and later dnb are my favs.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

Does anybody remember a tune that had a sample from, B Sides - The Tape (Frank de wulf)
    it had a female vocal in it saying "you got to show me love" "can you give" "can you give" "can you give". Or something like that,
    it was out in the early 90's, have way through the tune it kind of faded out and the sample from the B Sides - The Tape kicked in again,
    any ideas, :confused:

the sample is from the start of this tune below,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Gen:FX

The ASYLUM DC : The Awakening 03/05/2008

DJ Warren K goes through soundcheck.

I got Warren to play this tune during soundcheck, the video is really just an excuse to post this track on YouTube as I think it's a killer tune. I've never heard any other dj play it apart from Mick Walsh, only ever heard it in the Asylum once and in Sides DC the odd time. "Ohh F*£K, I'm Buzzing from the Energy" was the main vocal loop. The name is correct *afaik, it was lightly rubber stamped onto the whitelabel in typewriter lettering / font, but I've never found a copy anywhere.... Ever ! Mick has his copy stashed, - I'm just thinking now, maybe he did that aul' 1, 2, Switcha-rooo' thing on the label and that aint the real ID, he's done it on me before ffs, lol :rolleyes:.

(PS), the Video is (sort of) based on the confusing events of 03:05:08 in Dublin City, Ireland. Hope you see the funny side. I'm still playing with the real Awakening Footage, dont worry, I'll post that when it's done

Gen:FX wrote: »

I got Warren to play this tune during soundcheck, the video is really just an excuse to post this track on YouTube as I think it's a killer tune. I've never heard any other dj play it apart from Mick Walsh, only ever heard it in the Asylum once and in Sides DC the odd time. "Ohh F*£K, I'm Buzzing from the Energy" was the main vocal loop. The name is correct *afaik, it was lightly rubber stamped onto the whitelabel in typewriter lettering / font, but I've never found a copy anywhere.... Ever ! Mick has his copy stashed, - I'm just thinking now, maybe he did that aul' 1, 2, Switcha-rooo' thing on the label and that aint the real ID, he's done it on me before ffs, lol :rolleyes:.

(PS), the Video is (sort of) based on the confusing events of 03:05:08 in Dublin City, Ireland. Hope you see the funny side. I'm still playing with the real Awakening Footage, dont worry, I'll post that when it's done

thats a crackin vid caf, like the subtitles as well man, really gives ya a sense of what was goin on. woulda loved to be there meself, say it was good craic till the filth shut ya's down. nice work man top stuff ;):D

p.s. top tune as well mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Lads i was talking to Warren K in town on Sat nite sound fella he was playing a chilled out house type set in the Exchequer bar,i told him that i sent DJ mag an email in regard to their top DJ's thing asking why no Irish DJ's (with the exception of trance cheesemeister John O Callaghan) are conveniently ignored and how someone like Warren K who is probably Ireland's best ever DJ should be included in the list, he said ah fair play mate that's very nice of ya, had a small chat about Sides and the Asylum Warren said ah yeah the best days ever,fair play to Warren still out and about on the town after all these years playing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Steo32

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Nice one for the Vid CAF.....any chance you can put it up on your website in full quality for download?

When is the ETA for the Awakening Video your working on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Deadly Vid Caf! pitty it never went ahead! only managed to get to sackville place to be told to go the other way be the Gards.

Deadly Vid Caf! pitty it never went ahead! only managed to get to sackville place to be told to go the other way be the Gards.

Yes indeed paddy but there is a door on the street where the luas stops in between two shop fronts that is the back door into the place, i got in that way meself, there was garda all over sackville place so me & me mate went around the back door & knocked on it hard to be let in by two lads that were working in the sound engineering studio that was seperate to the dance acadamy & it was set up in where the DJ box used to be.

While we were standing at the back door before it was opened for us, there was aboput 10 to 15 Garda in the lobby of the hotel across the road from us (not sure what they were about over there) & we were praying they didnt twig why we were standing there as we thought that it could be used to get loads in in drips & drabs, few did get in that way until they pis.sed all over it a few hours later:mad:

had a good little giggle at the tank remark in the vid lol, wtf would a tank be called for to stop an illegal rave lmao. good vid tho, and the subtitles work great as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Slates33

I have that tune in the video if any1 wants it let me know and i'll PM the link to ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Scambuster

Another old school classic.

Enjoy lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Excellent video man.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Steo32

Does anybody remember a tune that had a sample from, B Sides - The Tape (Frank de wulf)
    it had a female vocal in it saying "you got to show me love" "can you give" "can you give" "can you give". Or something like that,
    it was out in the early 90's, have way through the tune it kind of faded out and the sample from the B Sides - The Tape kicked in again,
    any ideas, :confused:

the sample is from the start of this tune below,

I know the tune your on about there, cant think of the name but it was on a mix i got from here a long while back I think it was a jerry mix from sunset fm sorry i know that dosnt help much, I wouldnt mind finding out the name myself though good tune that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Yes indeed paddy but there is a door on the street where the luas stops in between two shop fronts that is the back door into the place, i got in that way meself, there was garda all over sackville place so me & me mate went around the back door & knocked on it hard to be let in by two lads that were working in the sound engineering studio that was seperate to the dance acadamy & it was set up in where the DJ box used to be.

While we were standing at the back door before it was opened for us, there was aboput 10 to 15 Garda in the lobby of the hotel across the road from us (not sure what they were about over there) & we were praying they didnt twig why we were standing there as we thought that it could be used to get loads in in drips & drabs, few did get in that way until they pis.sed all over it a few hours later:mad:

Never thought about the back area! had a good few pints on me and we just strolled up to the sackville entrance. Got a shock when i seen the amount of Garda there.you would of thought there was something serious going down with the amount of guards.

Never thought about the back area! had a good few pints on me and we just strolled up to the sackville entrance. Got a shock when i seen the amount of Garda there.you would of thought there was something serious going down with the amount of guards.

Ye it was a fuc.king joke, literally i would say there was 50 garda all over the place, both ends of the street blocked off & cars & vans outside the building full of em:confused:

They must have been expecting a serious crowd control issue i reckon, no other eason for that many garda. ah well it was good foor the couple of hours anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Steo32 wrote: »
    I know the tune your on about there, cant think of the name but it was on a mix i got from here a long while back I think it was a jerry mix from sunset fm sorry i know that dosnt help much, I wouldnt mind finding out the name myself though good tune that.
    I answered it in another thread, this is it.....

You can't blame the Gardai with the sort of crowd they were expecting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭francois

Scambuster wrote: »
    You can't blame the Gardai with the sort of crowd they were expecting.

Balls

• Advertisement

So you think they should just ignore the years biggest gathering of reformed junkies and career criminals?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement