Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

es-cee wrote: »
    could never take to that tune at all meself, but every1 to their own and all that :rolleyes:

Have a few tracks like that meself could never take to.Actually like this 1 tho.Nice and bouncy and boopy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

temple theatre reunion was savage, great night.

this is my pick for tune of the night ;)

used to love this track in the temple, and it went down a fcukin treat for me last night again, great track, wish it was still last night lol :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Alright Heads. Been followin this thread for a long time. Lovin the tales from yesteryear and gettin plenty of track ids.
    Anyway I'm lookin for an id off an old billy scurry tape from September 1993 that I bought in Abbey Discs. Has a great "rushy" break, then a sample that goes "what is techno" then the beat kicks in proper with a deadly 303 hook. Been tryin to id this track the last 17 years so hopefully someone can put me out of my misery:(:(
    Oh yeah, Scurry & Dollard = Dublin's best ever:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Crimbo

74477_447620431465_607606465_5899136_4269272_n.jpg

How did the Liam Pepper night go? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

Member this???

POB - Strata (Clanger mix)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Ddisco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

Gen:FX wrote: »
    The ASYLUM DC : The Awakening 03/05/2008

DJ Warren K goes through soundcheck.

I got Warren to play this tune during soundcheck, the video is really just an excuse to post this track on YouTube as I think it's a killer tune. I've never heard any other dj play it apart from Mick Walsh, only ever heard it in the Asylum once and in Sides DC the odd time. "Ohh F*£K, I'm Buzzing from the Energy" was the main vocal loop. The name is correct *afaik, it was lightly rubber stamped onto the whitelabel in typewriter lettering / font, but I've never found a copy anywhere.... Ever ! Mick has his copy stashed, - I'm just thinking now, maybe he did that aul' 1, 2, Switcha-rooo' thing on the label and that aint the real ID, he's done it on me before ffs, lol :rolleyes:.

(PS), the Video is (sort of) based on the confusing events of 03:05:08 in Dublin City, Ireland. Hope you see the funny side. I'm still playing with the real Awakening Footage, dont worry, I'll post that when it's done

Digital Justice - Bass Build ??? Thanks Caff. Looking for that for ages... Heard Mick play it in the very early days of the The Asylum and been wanting to know its title ever since. 'Oh fcuk, I'm buzzing from the energy...' Top man. Great vid too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 NIG.

NIG. wrote: »

NARCOTIK - Blue

ALBION - Air

HUMATE - 3.1 ( bedrock mix )

ART OF TRANCE - Easter Island ( cygnus x mix )

I-CHING feat DJ PATRICK - Soulstorm

ART OF TRANCE - Madagascar ( ferry corsten mix )

TERRA FERMA & I-CHING - Obelix

QUIETMAN - Sleeper ( man with no name mix )

FRIEND'S,LOVERS & FAMILY - Diamond Lils

UNION JACK - Two Full Moons & A Trout ( caspar pound mix )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dirt bird

Another asylum special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

An Asylum Classic!,
    Love this tune,

Jon Pleased Wimmin - Betty Blue.

Used to love that tune meself, nice one.:D;)

• Advertisement

An Asylum Classic!,
    Love this tune,

Jon Pleased Wimmin - Betty Blue.

Loved that tune myself,imo that was the great
    thing about the asylum you could hear some the
    hardest music around but also some good chessey
    stuff that went down a storm.Tunes like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Dirt bird wrote: »
    Loved that tune myself,imo that was the great
    thing about the asylum you could hear some the
    hardest music around but also some good chessey
    stuff that went down a storm.Tunes like this

That aint no cheese in my book.....loved it so much in the ASYLUM, it was an anthem if there ever was one that really was loved by everyone when it came on, another track that could be considered cheese but certainly wasnt when it was banged out in there was,

Loved myself but it was definetly on the lighter side compared to other stuff.

Loved myself but it was definetly on the lighter side compared to other stuff.

Yep twas a little bit lighter than this for example,

Thats exactly what i meant,heres another example.

CHEESE:
    belong in disco bars, not raves. tony di bart aint too bad but deffo not rave material. maybe a start of the night tune, and i do mean very start.

CHOONS:
    belong in the best of raves, timeless tunes!

just my opinion of course, so no offence to those of you who do like em. not into the cheese factor at all and, would most likely walk out of a "rave" if these came on, especially that betty blue tune. time and a place for those tunes, and it aint while out of it on pills :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Ddisco wrote: »
    Check pm

Cheers.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

New Vid, seen that my old youtube channel got the chop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

germulhall wrote: »

any chance ya have an mp3 of this ger?

this wasn't on youtube, or at least i couldn't find it anyway if it was :rolleyes: so i upped it meself earlier today.

CHEESE:
    belong in disco bars, not raves. tony di bart aint too bad but deffo not rave material. maybe a start of the night tune, and i do mean very start.

No My young padawan, cheese belongs in the fridge beside my beer:D

Tony di bart was played all the time in the ASYLUM & by jaysus it was fuc.king amazing when it did, every time the chorus came on the entire place chanted the lyrics & place went soaring on the ecstasy....it was one of those tunes that really made an impression on ya when heard in the rave on big sound system but played directly on the serotin rushing around your brain tapping into your emotions.
    CHOONS:
    belong in the best of raves, timeless tunes!
    just my opinion of course, so no offence to those of you who do like em. not into the cheese factor at all and, would most likely walk out of a "rave" if these came on, especially that betty blue tune. time and a place for those tunes, and it aint while out of it on pills :rolleyes::D

I would agree with ya there......betty blue is tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

any chance ya have an mp3 of this ger?

Sending ya a PM now mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Reminded of this track this morning :D

Sides classic

[/COLOR]

Tony di bart was played all the time in the ASYLUM & by jaysus it was fuc.king amazing when it did, every time the chorus came on the entire place chanted the lyrics & place went soaring on the ecstasy....it was one of those tunes that really made an impression on ya when heard in the rave on big sound system but played directly on the serotin rushing around your brain tapping into your emotions.

i have tony di bart meself on vinyl but, it aint my cuppa anymore. as for the other 2, your right betty blue is tripe and that nikolai tune drives me mad :mad::D wont even entertain asylum mixes that have that tune on them anymore lol :rolleyes: all the hard trance tunes mentioned above are tops tho ;)

wont even entertain asylum mixes that have that tune on them anymore lol :rolleyes: ;)

We will have to exorcise the demons from you my child, you know not what you are saying:D

exorcistR_468x355.jpg

• Advertisement

We will have to exorcise the demons from you my child, you know not what you are saying:D

exorcistR_468x355.jpg

haha nice1 key, quick off the ball today. nah but in all seriousness tho, i really hate that tune, i cringe when i here it come on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement