Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

es-cee wrote: »
    haha nice1 key, quick off the ball today. nah but in all seriousness tho, i really hate that tune, i cringe when i here it come on.

Pity, i remember looking to my left at a chap on top of a big speaker at about 7am giving it socks & the whole place absolutley coming back to full flight just as the night was ending, think it was followed by 'Its not over yet - Grace'.......ahh you will never understand:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Pity, i remember looking to my left at a chap on top of a big speaker at about 7am giving it socks & the whole place absolutley coming back to full flight just as the night was ending, think it was followed by 'Its not over yet - Grace'.......ahh you will never understand:p

grace is alright, but again a bit commercial for my taste. if understanding requires my to go ravin all night to the likes of these tunes them i'm glad i will never understand key my friend:p
    as a person whos into jungle and darkcore anall, i wouldn't enjoy myself listening to the likes of nikolai or grace type tunes all night. now hard trance and techno i love, and would be up on the speakers with that bloke ya mentioned givin it a burnout;):D but me and commercial stuff aint the best of friends:rolleyes:

grace is alright, but again a bit commercial for my taste. if understanding requires my to go ravin all night to the likes of these tunes them i'm glad i will never understand key my friend:p
    as a person whos into jungle and darkcore anall, i wouldn't enjoy myself listening to the likes of nikolai or grace type tunes all night. now hard trance and techno i love, and would be up on the speakers with that bloke ya mentioned givin it a burnout;):D but me and commercial stuff aint the best of friends:rolleyes:

Ahh go on out of that, sure yer in watchin X Factor to beat the band with a big bucket O popcorn of a weekend followed by dancing on ice.:D

Ahh go on out of that, sure yer in watchin X Factor to beat the band with a big bucket O popcorn of a weekend followed by dancing on ice.:D

shhhhhhhh, i was tryin to keep that secret:D

• Advertisement

bangin tech trance tune this from one of the temples finest djs, darren flynn. had many a mad night to this.

and another out n out classic of the time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

theres a remix/cover of this on psyclone zone round 2 with pressure & carl cox, top tune, love the piano!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Lads - if yiz are about later drop into the chat im playing House from 10 to 11pm and i can see ES CEE is on earlier too:)

http://onlyoldskool.com/radio.html

'THE HOUSE THAT OOS BUILT'

- Opening Night: Thursday 4th November

To be held once a fortnight on Thursday nights.

Here we go people... The first of many! We are well excited about this, and hope you will be able to join us for some choice cuts of House from down the years. Would also be great if you want to get involved with a set too.

The line-up.....

6 - 7pm.....ES-CEE

7 - 8pm.....DOUGIEP

8 - 9pm.....DJBURNZEE

9 - 10pm.....ALTON8 (1996 House set)

10 - 11pm.....JONNY

11 - 12am.....SPEEDY

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

germulhall wrote: »

Great track. Have to say that was a fantastic label back in the day. Some right floorstompers out on it.

SteoL wrote: »
    Great track. Have to say that was a fantastic label back in the day. Some right floorstompers out on it.

Yeah for sure Ste!! Love The First Voyage EP from Pyrate.

germulhall wrote: »
    Yeah for sure Ste!! Love The First Voyage EP from Pyrate.

I would say it is my most prized vinyl i have.

I'm sure it has been treasured for years Key!! Bycance has to be one of my all time favourite tracks. Must grab myself a copy very soon. Oh yeah i have a rip of that Emphasis - Retro Master EP - The Black (Voodoo Air Mix) track also. I will PM it to ya if you like man.

'twas one of mine as well until that infamous house party in Tallaght about 12 years ago where a few of us went to an early house and someone helped themselves to over 100 of my records. One of which was a copy of Narcotic Influence given to me by Empirions Jamie Smart in The Ormonde MM Centre. If I got me hands on the c**t.......:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

SteoL wrote: »
    'twas one of mine as well until that infamous house party in Tallaght about 12 years ago where a few of us went to an early house and someone helped themselves to over 100 of my records. One of which was a copy of Narcotic Influence given to me by Empirions Jamie Smart in The Ormonde MM Centre. If I got me hands on the c**t.......:mad::mad::mad:

I dont know what to say to that.....:eek:..Uzi comes to mind

Nooooo Grace - Not Over Yet is a classic Sides tune,first time i heard Mick Walsh drop that the place went for it big time,i think it was around about the time of those infamous Xmas crackers yokes, mental strong and trippy:D

Dirt bird wrote: »

TUNE:cool:

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Nooooo Grace - Not Over Yet is a classic Sides tune,first time i heard Mick Walsh drop that the place went for it big time,i think it was around about the time of those infamous Xmas crackers yokes, mental strong and trippy:D

not my cuppa jonny i'm afraid, bit too commercial for my taste mate :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

jonnny68 wrote: »

Have to agree its a real Sides Gem! this use to take the roof of Sides!
    A real Dublin Classic!:D

• Advertisement

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    I dont know what to say to that.....:eek:..Uzi comes to mind

Yeah man......if only I knew who it was........ was told my vinyl had mysteriously turned up after 12 years. Few palpitations here and wrecking my mates head to meet me in town with them. Turned out to be only 5 or 10 records. That was disappointing.

Have to agree its a real Sides Gem! this use to take the roof of Sides!
    A real Dublin Classic!:D

Yep, everyone singing along. Strobes flashing. Arms streched everywhere. Ah memories.........

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

if anybody has mick walsh neutralize can ythey ID the tracks at 7.30 mins and 25 mins on SIDE A greatly appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

if i hear state of grace and nikolai again,ill go fukin mad

I used to love Nikolai, remember the excitement of getting my copy on Le Petit Prince label and being majorly p*ssed off when it got a release on Red Records. Can't believe people don't like it, if only for nostalgical reasons.

my sentiments exactly mate, been played to death both of em!!!

on another note just ordered meself copies of these 2 bad boys :D

http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/23569279?ev=bp_det#payship

http://www.discogs.com/Kee-Mo-Visions/master/200065

€6 for both excluding shipping ;)

whos a happy camper, i'm a happy camper lmao!!!

You will listen, & you will like,:mad:

hahahaha, just no givin up is there lol.

hahahaha, just no givin up is there lol.

just tell me you llike them & i wont have to hack your PC & start swapping your favorite tunes for cheese.....next up,

i'll do it:pac:

• Advertisement

just tell me you llike them & i wont have to hack your PC & start swapping your favorite tunes for cheese.....next up,

i'll do it:pac:

i had a bit of a cheese feast over on facebook the other night inspired by this thread lol, well the cheese thats been posted on here in the last few days :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement